60% off Graphic Novels

Well I was going to get like 10 books but I waited for a free shipping code and now they only have 4 books left, so now I will be getting nothing.

[quote name='MrBrando']Well I was going to get like 10 books but I waited for a free shipping code and now they only have 4 books left, so now I will be getting nothing.[/QUOTE]

Yikes, I know. I waited and I lost out on about 3 of them.

Little birdy told me that TFAW was going to have a special on April 1st.
I wonder if this is it or if there is more to come.

I bit and dropped about $40. If the nick and dent stuff is in as good shape as they claim it is, this really is a pretty good deal.

I ordered nick & dent items from them last year when they had their 80% off sale. Too be perfectly honest, I couldn't see a problem with the vast majority, just some wear on the edges for some books. They were certainly in better conditions than most of the graphic novels I've purchased at Borders and Barnes & Nobles.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Anyone got the dent stuff before? How bad did they come in?[/QUOTE]

I got some stuff last year. The quality is very good. Just like the title a nick or dent, but hardly noticeable. I bought hardcover stuff this year.

I got an e-mail on Monday talking about the sale and letting me buy early. I guess for those that bought last year. I missed out on a DK Vertigo book. You have to move fast, the good stuff goes quickly.

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered three Fear Agent TPB's, Sin City Vol. 7 (the only one I was missing), and a book called Illegal Alien by James Robinson (who's awesome) which I had never heard of for $32.

I got the email Monday night as a sneak peak sale. I picked up the SinCity Library 2 and Devil Dinosaur Omnibus. I got several stuff from them last year, the thing I got in worse condition wasn't that bad it looked like it was on a book rack and thumbed though a few times with a little wear on the edges but that was it.

Free shipping over $45 code: GOOFUS

I'm ordering Eternals HC, Wolverine: Enemy of the State complete edition HC, Samurai: Heaven and Earth TPB vol. 1 & 2, just $37.94 shipped. Thanks for the heads up, Dante.

Definately a good place to shop at, good prices on N&D stuff. Not even noticable on some of these items they call dented.

I ended up ordering:

Fantastic Four: Books Of Doom Premiere HC
Fantastic Four By J. Michael Straczynski Vol. 1 Premier HC
New Avengers: Illuminati HC
Rex Mundi Vol. 1: The Guardian of the Temple TPB

A little over $30. You can't get three hardcovers for $30.

I've ordered Nick & Dent stuff from them 3 different times now (20+ books total) and each time, some of the books were still wrapped. The worst I've gotten was a ding/tear on the spine of a TPB that was maybe a centimeter thick. It's usually just a small indent on the cover (like what happens on a book cover if you write on a piece of paper and use the book as a hard surface). Most of the time, you have to search for what's wrong, and sometimes you still won't find it.

Bottom line. I just spent another $50.

TFAW loves or hates my wallet. I can't tell which it is, because they keep emptying it. I'm starting to question whether they hate my bookshelf too, because they're contributing to a noticeable bow to the graphic novel shelf.

For those of you that have ordered from them before, how quickly does TFAW ship?

[quote name='epb']For those of you that have ordered from them before, how quickly does TFAW ship?[/QUOTE]

The free shipping takes about a week plus processing. So, not too bad.

Nice, I put in an order for 8 books.

I've ordered over a dozen nick and dent books from TFAW in the past. It was tough to spot where the nicks/dents were even when inspecting closely. TFAW has a very high standard!

bread's done
Back