60gb and 20gb Non-bundled PS3's now in stock at gamestop.com

well for people having trouble finding PS3's at B&M stores, well here's their chance to get one through mail. Just thought of helping out CAG. Good luck to ya'll trying to get one.

Is this news? I guess I didnt realize they were not available online. Because the stores in my area have had them in large supply since the first week in January.

Besides, if you are getting one online I would go with Amazon to avoid the tax !

yeah, this will be a deal when there is a 10% off code, zero tax, and free shipping. Like how I got my 360 from overstock.

agrees with the amazon comment that is where I got mine... and if you sign up for an amazon card (which is a useful card imo reward wise) you get $30 off and if you put in on the amazon card you almost have enough for a $25 amazon gift card reward.. so almost like saving $55

every target i've been to around akron, ohio since january has had a minimum of 2 PS3s, both 60gb and 20gb.

just an observation...

This same sort of online purchasing opportunity for the 360 didn't happen until roughly early April (give or take a couple weeks) last year, and most likely won't happen with the Wii until at least that same point this year. Just sayin'.

I was in a Gamecrazy (Northern NJ) yesterday and I could see stack of PS3's in the stockroom. There had to be about 20-30 and I made a joke to the employee. He said that they can't give them away. I also see them in Target all the time. It's got to be the price point. Sony would have been better out the Blue Ray player and lowering the price. They better think fast because Halo 3 is coming!!!!

[quote name='dsullo']I was in a Gamecrazy (Northern NJ) yesterday and I could see stack of PS3's in the stockroom. There had to be about 20-30 and I made a joke to the employee. He said that they can't give them away. I also see them in Target all the time. It's got to be the price point. Sony would have been better out the Blue Ray player and lowering the price. They better think fast because Halo 3 is coming!!!![/quote]

just stop just shut up please oh god

[quote name='TehTriggerman']I was at TARGET picking up a Wii and the Ps3 case had 3-4 of them. Why the anger?[/QUOTE]

because the Ps3 is so controversial right now on CAG.

That will all change once the games come out. Then the place will become more polarized with people praising and hating it, then a price drop will happen, more people will attain it, a few killer apps will come out, a solid serving of downloadable games will come out, and then it will be accepted. But since no one is exercising that foresight, now is the time to be cool and bash it :lol:

[quote name='dsullo']I was in a Gamecrazy (Northern NJ) yesterday and I could see stack of PS3's in the stockroom. There had to be about 20-30 and I made a joke to the employee. He said that they can't give them away. I also see them in Target all the time. It's got to be the price point. Sony would have been better out the Blue Ray player and lowering the price. They better think fast because Halo 3 is coming!!!![/quote]

Halo 3 NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Sony has lasted through Halo 1, Halo 2, and won't be shutting there doors because of Halo 3. I am not a fanboy, as matter of fact I have all the current gen and last gen systems. My play right now is more Wii and 360. I love my PS3 but the lack of games keeps me focused on the other machines, but I do remember this time last year the games for the 360 were few and far between as well.

which one was this?

"I'm no fanboy, but..." is the new "I'm not gay, but...." Not singling anyone out, just making a general observation, and an overdue one, at that. The fact that a simple 'public service' thread like this devolves into yet more Console War skirmishing supports this.

Thanks poster for the info. Contrary to what you read online, these systems are still VERY tough to find unless you live in some BFE area in the midwest. In any area that has like, you know, electricity, they are out of stock and they are out of stock everywhere online until a small amount shows up and gets sold out like you see here. When amazon had them, it hit the #1 in video game sales and then sold out. That wouldnt happen if there was no demand and they were available everywhere like so many like to say.

I sent the link to my buddy who has been lookin for one, he had to have one after he checked mine out! Thanks again!

[quote name='xnonfactor']Halo 3 NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Sony has lasted through Halo 1, Halo 2, and won't be shutting there doors because of Halo 3. I am not a fanboy, as matter of fact I have all the current gen and last gen systems. My play right now is more Wii and 360. I love my PS3 but the lack of games keeps me focused on the other machines, but I do remember this time last year the games for the 360 were few and far between as well.[/quote]
Yeah, but that was last generation, and ps2 had a lot more awesome exclusives. ps3 doesnt have anything comming up I would be interested in, especially considering what xbox360 has and has comming up. count me in for playing x360 and Wii this generation.

Contrary to what you read online, these systems are still VERY tough to find unless you live in some BFE area in the midwest. In any area that has like, you know, electricity, they are out of stock and they are out of stock everywhere online until a small amount shows up and gets sold out like you see here.

In a word, no.

Sometimes I wonder what the creators of the alliwantforxmasisapsp.com are up to....

[quote name='blitz6speed']Thanks poster for the info. Contrary to what you read online, these systems are still VERY tough to find unless you live in some BFE area in the midwest. In any area that has like, you know, electricity, they are out of stock and they are out of stock everywhere online until a small amount shows up and gets sold out like you see here. When amazon had them, it hit the #1 in video game sales and then sold out. That wouldnt happen if there was no demand and they were available everywhere like so many like to say.

I sent the link to my buddy who has been lookin for one, he had to have one after he checked mine out! Thanks again![/quote]

I see them listed as in stock on the front page every time i go to gamestop.com which has the "SAVER" free shipping code

[quote name='pasteater']every target i've been to around akron, ohio since january has had a minimum of 2 PS3s, both 60gb and 20gb.

just an observation...[/QUOTE]

Every store I've been to since January has had PS3s, but I've yet to see an actual 20G version. In fact, I can't even find a SKU sticker that says 499.99. Nice to know that they're still shipping that version to some B&Ms.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Thanks poster for the info. Contrary to what you read online, these systems are still VERY tough to find unless you live in some BFE area in the midwest. In any area that has like, you know, electricity, they are out of stock and they are out of stock everywhere online until a small amount shows up and gets sold out like you see here. When amazon had them, it hit the #1 in video game sales and then sold out. That wouldnt happen if there was no demand and they were available everywhere like so many like to say.

I sent the link to my buddy who has been lookin for one, he had to have one after he checked mine out! Thanks again![/quote]

I live in phoenix and I find systems everywhere I go, so its not just those little stores in the midwest that still have them, its everywhere.

You know, it's been a long time since I've actually seen a 20gigger in stores or online. So if you're looking specifically for a 20gb system, this is a good opportunity to get one. I was actually beginning to think they stopped making them.

Personally, I own a 60gb, but I often think that I should've saved the $100 and gone for the 20gb. The only thing I would've missed is the lack of WiFi. You can always upgrade the hard drive later on and the rest of the differences are minimal.

Check Penny Arcade's latest comic. I don't think PS3 are as hard to find as some of the fanboys would like us to believe... (Sony = screwed?)

I sent the link to my buddy who has been lookin for one, he had to have one after he checked mine out! Thanks again![/QUOTE]
Really they're that rare? I know of two targets in the clearwater/palm harbor area that regulary have these in stock. They're also usually in stock at the best buy in clearwater and the the one on dale mabry in Tampa. I guess that's bfe for you though....

[quote name='shrike4242']Enough fanboy commentary. Keep it on-topic to the deal, or go elsewhere.[/quote]
:applause: Thank you shrike. CAG is a better place because of you.

Just let me wipe my nose here...*ahem* it's great you guys can find PS3's around your area, but I'm sure there are places where they are scarce as fuck.

[quote name='musicnoteless']:applause: Thank you shrike. CAG is a better place because of you.

Just let me wipe my nose here...*ahem* it's great you guys can find PS3's around your area, but I'm sure there are places where they are scarce as fuck.[/quote]They're hard to find in France and England, I hear.

I'll add my two cents that these are everywhere. I went to a wedding in Indianapolis in mid January and was at a couple of stores getting a (very last second) wedding present put together and the cases were all overflowing with PS3s. Here in the Flint, MI, a much smaller market, they've been readily available since a day or two after Christmas. The same goes for the Cleveland area when I was there shortly after Christmas.

This thread should totally be here, if for not other reason than the 20 GB option. But anyone who is having a hard time finding a PS3 at all, I have to wonder if they're looking in the produce department rather than the electronics or games departments.

I think this is a good deal, for the 20GB model, thanks OP. I've seen the 60GB PS3 everywhere, but the 20GB, I haven't even seen that once.

[quote name='blitz6speed'] When amazon had them, it hit the #1 in video game sales and then sold out. That wouldnt happen if there was no demand and they were available everywhere like so many like to say.
[/QUOTE]

The reason why the probably sell so fast on Amazon is because people are using Amazon to avoid sales tax, since they only charge sales tax in 4 states, unlike gamestop/EB

Thanks OP, this is good news for anyone who doesn't want to be forced into a bundle. I hate bundled systems at launch and I hope the practice of bundling a new systems ends.

Saw 2 60GB at my local Target, just sitting there all depressed...

Amazon WOULD be a great place to buy and avoid tax, but they're SLOW AS HELL when it comes to shipping... (I still haven't gotten my PSP and I ordered it almost 2 weeks ago - what, are they scarce or something?!!)

Who'd want to get a 20 GB PS3???? I imagine upgrading the HDD later would cost over $100 anyways, so I say buy the bigger version - you'll probably NEED the extra space later. (Like when they start digitally distributing movies, for example)

Well, I have a PS3 60 GB which I had to go out to middle TN to get sometime last month. I had not been able to find any in Clarksville or Nashville.

I did order a 20 gig in December but sold it because I decided I did want a 60 and not a 20.

They're not that easy to find, the only system I've seen in Nashville was a Wii [that I bought as an impulse buy]

Here in south FL the supplies of the 60g seem to last 3-4 days before selling out - but they are selling out. If Nintendo would release Mario RPG on VC or Super Paper Mario came out sooner than April, I think I could resist the temptation to put down $600 on the PS3 now but I'm weakening...

I sent the link to my buddy who has been lookin for one, he had to have one after he checked mine out! Thanks again![/QUOTE]

I know some people and most of the world consider DC assbackwards, but it's fairly easy to find PS3s in any store like Best Buy and Circuit City around here.

Personally, I'm going to wait until the next Katamari Damacy comes out before I get a new system.

I'm out here in the Boston area and most Gamestops have been out of stock for weeks. Haven't checked recently, but if you're looking to pick one up from Gamestop/EB and have store credit or trading in your PS2, good opportunity to pick one up. Also, Targets seem to be low on stock as well. Bottomline...it depends on your area if you are looking to pick up a PS3. For those who are having trouble finding one, use the link and pick one up.

bread's done
Back