60GB or 160GB PS3

BadAssSamurai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
My 60GB PS3 finally got the YLOD. I can either get it repaired for $129 plus tax or trade it in and get a recertified 160GB PS3 for $99. It pains me to lose backwards compatibility so I'm struggling with the decision. I have a PS2, but it sometimes has trouble booting up games. I rarely play PS2 games anymore, but I like having the option to. I'm not sure which way to go. What do you guys think?

I miss the extra two USB ports more than BC. My 60GB died, and I had the same dilemma, but EB gave me $125 for my 60GB (6 months ago), and so I just got the 160GB model then.

I have been really happy with it. Runs quieter, and cooler. It shuts off when I shut TV off. It even works with my TV remote control. (I believe it does this through the HDMI cable).

And I haven't missed the PS2 capability... except when I went to play MSG2/3 the other day. But maybe I'll just get the HD collection.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']And I haven't missed the PS2 capability... except when I went to play MSG2/3 the other day. But maybe I'll just get the HD collection.[/QUOTE]

HD collection looks worlds better than the PS2 copies upscaled on a 60GB. I was just testing that out yesterday out of curiosity.

bread's done
Back