60gb PS3?

evo t rex

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Can anyone suggest a good, preferably reliable website to get a new 60gb PS3 from?

I am aware that it's discontinued, but you never know.

I was looking too and there dont seem to be any. You best bet is get one off craigslist (some I have seen on there have them new in the box with receipts) or used at a pretty good discount.

Same here. The 60GB is next to impossible to find brand new. I may eventually have to settle with a 80GB since its BC, I heard, is pretty decent with the latest firmware.

I got my 60gb new off ebay for $500. If you go into the deals forum people are saying gamecrazy has them for $450, also Kmarts are showing a few randomly.

This is one of the times where it plays to live in a remote valley.

There are 3 Kmarts with 2 60GBs each AND my local Hastings still has 16 60GB units in stock.

Crazy.

[quote name='thelonepig']This is one of the times where it plays to live in a remote valley.

There are 3 Kmarts with 2 60GBs each AND my local Hastings still has 16 60GB units in stock.

Crazy.[/quote]

How much is it at Hastings?

The demand for the 60GB is probably going to increase at this point. I'd recommend probably picking one up now before all the Ebay hoarders start picking them up.

[quote name='donut']How much is it at Hastings?[/quote]

Standard retail. They had a promotion floating around in October for $100 MIR and free Heavenly Sword/Six Axis, but I can't tell if it's still going on. The staff is worse than GS when you go in and ask about any of their promotions.

[quote name='orion1998_1']is the 60g better than the 80g?[/quote] 60G has Emotion engine hardware to run PS1/PS2 games.

80G uses software emulation to do so.

are there any widespread problems with the 60 gig like overheating?
same question for the 80 gig?

I am trying to decide which to get and the BC is not too much of an issue with me because I also have 2 PS2s that I am not getting rid of.

[quote name='micmac0720']are there any widespread problems with the 60 gig like overheating?
same question for the 80 gig?

I am trying to decide which to get and the BC is not too much of an issue with me because I also have 2 PS2s that I am not getting rid of.[/quote]

Have a launch 60 used every day (3-8 hours) and even "folded" for 2 weeks straight - No issues whatsoever...I just want to pick up a second one before they are gone and to use in the living room for blus.
Oops, one issue with the Six Axis controller and switched it out at Best Buy with extended warranty.

[quote name='thelonepig']This is one of the times where it plays to live in a remote valley.

Crazy.[/quote]
Yeah, my local Hastings still has some 60gb units, and they're selling them for $400. Here's hoping they still have them come tax return time...

Some people claim that the older PS3 models are loud and get really hot. I have a 60GB system that I bought in January last year. No problems, and it doesn't get any louder or hotter than other computer system I have ever owned.

bread's done
Back