6ft Wii component cable $3.84 + shipping at Monoprice.com

Oh, how I wish these would work on a regular GameCube. Or there were at least some 3rd party component cables for GC. They're still going for $50-$60 on Ebay.

And I thought that monoprice had good prices before! These are so cheap it's outrageous.

[quote name='awp']Oh, how I wish these would work on a regular GameCube. Or there were at least some 3rd party component cables for GC. They're still going for $50-$60 on Ebay.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately the Gamecube's digital-out port requires the cable to have a built in digital to analog converter which drives up the price significantly, and to make matters worse they never actually released the technical specifications for the port to third parties, meaning it was impossible for anyone but Nintendo to make them. They really overcharged for them too, it doesn't even have any sound outputs: it was $35 for basically 20 cents of cable and a digital/analog converter. And they never sold them anywhere but their online store, meaning no deals or sales on them ever. And they wondered why only 1% of Gamecube owners took advantage of it...

Anyway, this is an insanely good deal. I was going to be ordering from Monoprice in the near future anyway, so being able to pick up a Wii component cable for so cheap with it just sweetens the deal. Ironically, this will be the cheapest component cable I've ever gotten for a console.

[quote name='Weedy649']How do these compare to Nintendo's official component cable?[/QUOTE]

To me cables are for the most part cables. Brands don't seem to provide much difference besides a few instances.

bread's done
Back