7/11 selling video game stock for $20 each YMMV

chimpo80

CAGiversary!
I'm new to this posting thing but I wanted to pass along that a couple of my local 7/11's (southeast Virginia) were selling their video game stock for $20 each today. I spoke with the manager and she told me they were getting out of the video game business but YMMV because I don't know if this is just a local thing or if it is company wide. Titles were:

Call of Duty: World at War - 360,PS3
Fallout 3 - 360,PS3,PC
Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 - 360
Gears of War 2 - 360
007 Quantum of Solace - 360
Guitar Hero: World Tour - Game and band kit for $79

There may have been others but thats all I remember. Again, I don't know if this was just a local deal or if it is nationwide.

The 7/11's in my hometown started selling video games about a year ago but the games were always msrp. I was quite surprised to find this deal today. Jumped all over CoD for $20.

I have one at the top of my street, last time I was there the games were all $60. I may go tonight to get some mega ball tickets so I'll check it out.

I got CoD WaW in Chesapeake, VA. Store location was 1928 BATTLEFIELD BLVD. N., CHESAPEAKE, VA 23324. It's right at the Military Hwy. overpass on Battlefield Blvd. They were also doing this at 1420 S MILITARY HWY in Chesapeake 23320.

VERY YMMV! 711's are pretty much all franchised so it's up to whoever owns and runs those stores as to what the sell for. There's two around where I live and they still have Madden 09 for $50.

It doesn't surprise me this would by YMMV. Just posting what I saw. Below is the receipt for the purchase.

003.jpg

Just called a 7-11, (I know I'm not supposed to, but I'm sure the employees here are trustworthy not to stock up) and the woman with a heavy accent insisted that there is not much of a choice, only "Hallow." I feel like such a snob for not understanding her.

[quote name='ssssss']Just called a 7-11, (I know I'm not supposed to, but I'm sure the employees here are trustworthy not to stock up) and the woman with a heavy accent insisted that there is not much of a choice, only "Hallow." I feel like such a snob for not understanding her.[/QUOTE]

Maybe she meant, "Halo", as in Halo 3? It might be worth checking out if you're interested.

I'd still wait for Fallout 3 GOTY Edition :p.

But Codwaw and Gears2 for $20 each? Dang. You guys living in VA are lucky.

Why did they do a Price Override?

36.99 is the price for GoD in every 7/11 I been to.

I just don't understand why they overrided to $20 for you.

Oh nice, i live on Battlefield (Right across the street from Chesapeake General Hospital), gotta check this out tommorow. I want Fallout 3 so bad @_@

[quote name='KMunley']I have one at the top of my street, last time I was there the games were all $60. I may go tonight to get some mega ball tickets so I'll check it out.[/QUOTE]
i have mega balls, i'm told they're AMAZING.

I'm in Florida and I just visited my 7-11 and they had a sign that said "All Games 25% off." That brought COD: WAW down to $36. I didn't bite. Hoping for a 50% off soon.

LOLWUT?
This can't be real can it? Grab me a $20 Fallout 3 (360) and a $20 COD W@W (360) I'll pay you an additional $10 for your trouble and add whatever shipping expense are.

[quote name='wybo_a']I'm in Florida and I just visited my 7-11 and they had a sign that said "All Games 25% off." That brought COD: WAW down to $36. I didn't bite. Hoping for a 50% off soon.[/QUOTE]
I am in NJ and that is the deal they have here.

Very real deal. Just kinda differs a bit between stores. Got CoD:WaW for 25$, and RE5 for 30$. Damn frickin right dewds.
image1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They didn't override the price just for me, they had a handwritten sign on the door stating that the games were $20. The game rang up at $36.99 but the manager was standing right over the cashier's shoulder to authorize the override to $20.

As a side note, I noticed some of the 7/11's in my town (Chesapeake and VA Beach, VA) had marked their games down 25% roughly a month ago. Now I walk into this deal. For you guys that are only seeing 25% off right now, you very well may see the same deal I got in the near future. Good luck!

I'll see if I can pick up a few copies of CoD:WaW and Fallout 3 tomorrow since a few people have requested it. When I bought CoD:WaW today they had about 5 copies of it left. They had 4 or 5 copies each of Gears 2 and Fallout 3 on the 360.

None of the employees I've talked to seem to know... either way, I'm sure it will prolly be until they sell em all.

[quote name='chimpo80']They didn't override the price just for me, they had a handwritten sign on the door stating that the games were $20. The game rang up at $36.99 but the manager was standing right over the cashier's shoulder to authorize the override to $20.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for explainning the override for me. I'll keep checking and see if they're going to do the same thing.

Checked a 711 in Henderson, NV. Clerk said the sale ended weeks ago and the general manager took the excess stock from them. They still had madden 10 for 60$ :(

Wow, it seems like all the Hampton Road's CAGs are crawling out of the woodworking for this. I also may have to check some 7-11s :).

Oh my...I'm going to have to try checking the Deltona, Florida stores tomorrow. Crossing my fingers for Madden 10 that would be sweet.

if anybody can pick up a fallout 3 (360) for me, let me know. i'd be willing to paypal you for 20, tax, shipping, and maybe a little extra for you

Yeah.. it's kinda nice to see a decent deal for Hampton Roads... though we do have Cool Stuff for decent game prices as well.

I'm calling up all of the stores in Brooklyn, and so far only 2/5 of them.. had employees who could speak and understand clear English. I should probably not be doing this at 2 AM. =|

So, both of the guys who weren't Indian answered Yes to "we sell video games" but only one answered Yes to "our games are discounted." They're currently 25% off at the 7-11 in 6409 20TH AVE, BROOKLYN, NY 11204.

I'll call around more tomorrow. Plenty of others in the area.

[quote name='Steelpen2']Wow, it seems like all the Hampton Road's CAGs are crawling out of the woodworking for this. I also may have to check some 7-11s :).[/QUOTE]

i was just thinking the same thing

anyone find a call of duty world at war let me know will buy it plus shipping! will paypal you with proof of receipt!!

bread's done
Back