7/11 selling video game stock for $20 each YMMV

chimpo80

CAGiversary!
I'm new to this posting thing but I wanted to pass along that a couple of my local 7/11's (southeast Virginia) were selling their video game stock for $20 each today. I spoke with the manager and she told me they were getting out of the video game business but YMMV because I don't know if this is just a local thing or if it is company wide. Titles were:

Call of Duty: World at War - 360,PS3
Fallout 3 - 360,PS3,PC
Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 - 360
Gears of War 2 - 360
007 Quantum of Solace - 360
Guitar Hero: World Tour - Game and band kit for $79

There may have been others but thats all I remember. Again, I don't know if this was just a local deal or if it is nationwide.

Looks like i'll be makin a slurpee run to my 7-11 in my little town of Poquoson in Virginia. Never seen anybody buy a game from there.

Only 1 out of 5 7/11's by me are doing this deal. It's where I got my copy of Wolverine I goozexed out for 1000 points, for less than $20. The rest around here are either asking full price, have old old stock, or both.
For example, the closest one to me only has one game at all. Madden 06 for ps2. $49.99

[quote name='ddrlenz']Too bad no 7-11s are near Milwaukee. Closest one is about 30 miles away. Makes me a sad panda. :([/QUOTE]

We actually have some street corners that have two 7-11's facing each other on opposite sides of the street!

7-11? Bah. I'm from Philly where there are two kinds of people - The ones who go to 7-11 and the ones who go to the vastly superior Wawa. I forgot 7-11 even sold video games since I haven't seen it advertised since Halo 3 came out.

[quote name='Nikadimas']7-11? Bah. I'm from Philly where there are two kinds of people - The ones who go to 7-11 and the ones who go to the vastly superior Wawa. I forgot 7-11 even sold video games since I haven't seen it advertised since Halo 3 came out.[/QUOTE]

Same here, but I'm from MD. All of the 7-11s around me smell bad, are over-priced and are just very low class compared to the Wawas that are usually right next to them.

If anyone manages to get an extra copy of Fallout 3 or CoD: W@W, let me know ill paypal you cost + shipping + a little bonus for your help!

thanks

Went to 4 stores by me and only one sold games. 25% off. Could of picked up Fallout 3 for like $48 and COD WAW for $36. Have both games so not sure if I should bother.

LMAO... yeah. here in Va Beach you can literally stand outside a 7-eleven and see another, plus a wawa, plus a car dealership, plus a furniture store..........

Here in Carrollton, Tx i went to one 7-11 and no games being sold, I then went to another one and they had COD WAW for 36.00, GOW 2 36.00 and Fallout 44.00. There was a sign out side stating they had Madded 10 for 60.00. Not a real deal on Fallout but COD not bad for 36.00. The employee had no clue about any 20.00 deal. He stated that corporate will call when to make discounts lower on games.

[quote name='ethaned']Here in Carrollton, Tx i went to one 7-11 and no games being sold, I then went to another one and they had COD WAW for 36.00, GOW 2 36.00 and Fallout 44.00. There was a sign out side stating they had Madded 10 for 60.00. Not a real deal on Fallout but COD not bad for 36.00. The employee had no clue about any 20.00 deal. He stated that corporate will call when to make discounts lower on games.[/QUOTE]

From Farmers Branch here, your talking about the one on Belt Line and Keller Springs?

The 7-11 in my town just has all games at 50% off of MSRP and the titles are pretty similar to what was listed at the top

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']From Farmers Branch here, your talking about the one on Belt Line and Keller Springs?[/QUOTE]

The 7/11 on Marsh and Hebron

Well, im about to check all of the 7/11's on Battlefield BLVD in Chesapeake, and a few on Millitary, ill post if i find anything. (Praying for Fallout 3, or Halo Wars)

[quote name='ethaned']The 7/11 on Marsh and Hebron[/QUOTE]

Right before that giant Prestonwood church? I used to play little league football over there.

Found a different spin for Valrico FL (at least the one on Mt Caramel and 60

25 % off of select titles (looked to be only madden 09 and sims 3

My local 7-11 had 25% off almost all their games. Good selection, but I need more than that to bite.

[quote name='chimpo80']I'm new to this posting thing but I wanted to pass along that a couple of my local 7/11's (southeast Virginia) were selling their video game stock for $20 each today. I spoke with the manager and she told me they were getting out of the video game business but YMMV because I don't know if this is just a local thing or if it is company wide. Titles were:

Call of Duty: World at War - 360,PS3
Fallout 3 - 360,PS3,PC
Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 - 360
Gears of War 2 - 360
007 Quantum of Solace - 360
Guitar Hero: World Tour - Game and band kit for $79

There may have been others but thats all I remember. Again, I don't know if this was just a local deal or if it is nationwide.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I have about 60 7/11s around here, I would kill to be able to get Fallout 3 and WaW for $20. I assume it is just whatever stock the store has, so you may just have to be looking around town for a 7/11 that still has a game you want.

I wonder if there are others that they are selling for $20 besides the ones already listed?

Can anyone confirm a 7/11 in richmond,va with COD:WAW and/or Fallout 3. both for ps3? Im dieing for them :p

Hopefully some of you fellow Hampton Roads CAGers had some luck today. I went back to the 1928 Battlefield Blvd store in Chesapeake, VA today and they were down to 3 Raw vs. Smackdown 2009's and 1 Gears of War 2. Yesterday afternoon they had about 5 or 6 of everything I mentioned in my original post.

I checked a couple stores in my area driving down I-81.

Waynesboro, PA - COD: WaW, Gears of War 2, Smackdown vs Raw (not sure on the year, but I'm guessing 09) - 25% off.

Hagerstown, MD - three locations, no games at any of them.

West Virginia (driving on I-81)

Exit 23, Route 11 - No games
Around Exit 16, Route 11 (next to a trailer park) - COD WaW, Madden 10, Guitar Hero: WT - 25% off.
Around Exit 16, Route 11 / 9 - No games.
Around Exit 16, East Moler Ave - Madden 10 (Didn't see any signs about it being on sale).

So yeah, pretty crap up in my neck of the woods. There were a couple more 7/11s closer toward the WV / VA border, but didn't bother to check those.

Went to 3 different SW Las Vegas 7-11's, all of them selling at MSRP. Part of me wants to check more 7-11's, but part of me knows I won't find anything and I'll be disappointed.

[quote name='whywakeup']No one speaks english at my local 7-11.[/QUOTE]

called a bunch of anaheim/orange county stores. the workers could hardly understand me. pissed me off.

[quote name='kaydigi']it took forever for someone to make a thread. Found Halo Wars for $15.[/QUOTE]

where'd u find it for 15$?

I checked the 2 on Battlefield BLVD in Chesapeake, only one had Madden 09 for like 40 bucks >_>. Guess ill check the ones on Millitary tommorow or monday

anybody interested I'd be willing to trade KoFXII or L4D or Rockband 2 for Call of Duty: World at War (PS3) and Fallout 3 (360) from this deal! Thanks :)

Grand Rapids, MI is steered clear from video game sales due to theft and lack of sales. The clerk told me this change happened "weeks ago".

[quote name='lowkey db josh']In LA i managed to find 1 copy of fallout 3 for 29.99 i havent been to any other 7\11's yet but i hope to find Halo Wars![/QUOTE]
Which one did u go to?

[quote name='jtf313']Which one did u go to?[/QUOTE]

I went to the one on La Cienega and Rodeo... i hit up the ones on Venice and Sepulveda and the one not soo far away from there and they had no games for sale just madden at 60 bucks...

bread's done
Back