7/11 selling video game stock for $20 each YMMV

chimpo80

CAGiversary!
I'm new to this posting thing but I wanted to pass along that a couple of my local 7/11's (southeast Virginia) were selling their video game stock for $20 each today. I spoke with the manager and she told me they were getting out of the video game business but YMMV because I don't know if this is just a local thing or if it is company wide. Titles were:

Call of Duty: World at War - 360,PS3
Fallout 3 - 360,PS3,PC
Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 - 360
Gears of War 2 - 360
007 Quantum of Solace - 360
Guitar Hero: World Tour - Game and band kit for $79

There may have been others but thats all I remember. Again, I don't know if this was just a local deal or if it is nationwide.

[quote name='Mercata']I'm calling up all of the stores in Brooklyn, and so far only 2/5 of them.. had employees who could speak and understand clear English. I should probably not be doing this at 2 AM. =|

So, both of the guys who weren't Indian answered Yes to "we sell video games" but only one answered Yes to "our games are discounted." They're currently 25% off at the 7-11 in 6409 20TH AVE, BROOKLYN, NY 11204.

I'll call around more tomorrow. Plenty of others in the area.[/QUOTE]
Which stores did you check? There's only a couple in Brooklyn that I know of: the one in Kings Highway near Bally Total Fitness, one near Edward R. Murrow High School, and one in 86th Street near Rite Aid. Does any of those stores have the sale going on?

Edit: There's also one in near UA Sheepshead Bay 14 theater.

Looks like $20 is a little low, seems to me that if you get any discounted games it is only 20-25% off. Not that great a deal when most of the games are at least $49.99. :(

[quote name='bladetears']Which stores did you check? There's only a couple in Brooklyn that I know of: the one in Kings Highway near Bally Total Fitness, one near Edward R. Murrow High School, and one in 86th Street near Rite Aid. Does any of those stores have the sale going on?

Edit: There's also one in near UA Sheepshead Bay 14 theater.[/QUOTE]

Damn man, you could have just said Murrow. Like everyone else in BK does ;)

There are still some 7/11's in Hampton Roads doing this. I was just at the store at 1301 N Military Hwy Norfolk, VA 23502 and they had 3 copies of Fallout 3 for PS3 and 3 for pc for 50% off. Price came out to $18.49.

Anyone know one that has the deal going on in south jersey or philly ive went to 3 7-11s and 2 sold games but they werent on sale

[quote name='whywakeup']No one speaks english at my local 7-11.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck does that have to do with anything, you intolerant slob?

Chimpo80: Nice deal on Fallout 3. I would kill for them to have it for any price other then $49.99.

Eric1285: :rofl: at Madden 10 for $65. Not shocked to hear it though. Maybe the employees just made that sign, and when you pay $65 they put in $60 and keep $5.00?

[quote name='fitbabits']What the fuck does that have to do with anything, you intolerant slob?[/QUOTE]

I always find it funny when the people who tout "tolerance" are the first ones to insult, jeer, and show utter intolerance to others themselves.

[quote name='fitbabits']What the fuck does that have to do with anything, you intolerant slob?[/QUOTE]

Err, I dunno, maybe because without a common language it's impossible to transact this deal?

I've been checking some 7-11's in Va Beach for Fallout3 for 360 and haven't found any yet. My local one up the road cleared out all video games months ago.

dang it, no english at my local 7-11 either, they just kept saying yes and some other common words but didnt seem to know how to explain thier video game prices, shack foo!

I found this deal at the 7-11 on s. 4th st. in Allentown PA. They had Fallout 3, GoW2 and Raw for 59.99 with 25% off. Not low enough for me, but I'll keep an eye on it to see if it goes lower.

omega

After four 7-11s in the Phoenix/Tempe area, a King Size PB Twix, two 1/4 lb hot dogs, AZ Iced Tea Kiwi Strawberry beverage, a Butterfinger Ice Cream Bar, and nearly a 1000 calories later, I am a defeated man.

Only 1 sold games and they were Halo Wars, SF IV 360, and Sims 3 PC. They had regular price tags on them and since I had no interest in those, instead of asking for a price scan, I am going to take a nap.

It was doubtful they were less than $20, so no loss other than the nutrition plan I just broke after months. Everyone deserves an off day.

I know that at least one 7/11 in the area sales video games, but I avoided since is the same one where they sale drugs outside, but $20 dollars games is something I will try to go to it for.

The 7-11 near my house had most games marked down to $25.00. Here are the ones I remember.

Call of Duty:WaW
Resident Evil 5
Street Fighter IV
Halo Wars
Gears of War 2

The only one not marked down was Batman, still $59.99.

[quote name='kixalot']The 7-11 near my house had most games marked down to $25.00. Here are the ones I remember.

Call of Duty:WaW
Resident Evil 5
Street Fighter IV
Halo Wars
Gears of War 2

The only one not marked down was Batman, still $59.99.[/QUOTE]
where was this????

[quote name='coreyvox']where was this????[/QUOTE]

Oops, forgot to add that. In Roy, Utah.

Last edited by a moderator:
7-11 in Clearwater (Belcher and Drew) had their games 25% but one of the games they had was Batman. Thought this might be of interest to some people.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']I would love COD WAW @ that price!

Anyone see GTA IV or HAlo 3 @ this price?[/QUOTE]
Halo 3 is $25 at Gamecrazy, used. GTA IV can be picked up for $25 at a lot of places, new and used. Just FYI.

Anyways, there is a 7/11 by me that I just found out about, maybe I will try that.

I don't remember if my local 7-11 sold games but I do recall a Fallout 3 poster on its windows around the time it was released. May have to check it out tomarrow.

But hell, that place gets smashed and grabbed so many times I don't think it's worth it.

Illinois: last week, I checked stores around Joliet and Naperville and found only 25% off at one store. They had Fallout 3, a wrestling game that I don't remember, and that's about it.

if any one can get me Call of Duty World at War for the PS3 I will be more than happy to send money for the shipping and a new copy of Joon Who Presents Strangelhold for the PS3.

[quote name='troy2007']Illinois: last week, I checked stores around Joliet and Naperville and found only 25% off at one store. They had Fallout 3, a wrestling game that I don't remember, and that's about it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your help. Yup, knew I could do better than a 7-11.
Which reminds me, I could use a slurpee...

I'd love to get a 7-11 with cheap games (or even games at all).

I have $25 worth of giftcards waiting to be used.

If anyone has a 7-11 selling Fallout 3 (Xbox 360) for $25 or less and would be willing to pick one up for me, I'd really appreciate it. PM me if you're an awesome CAG willing to do the deed

I picked up Call of Duty WaW at a 7-11 in fort worth tx for $29.99 tonight (9/17). They had a sign posted that said "25% off select games" posted in front of some games, the ones that I cared to remember were COD and GoW2. I thought that was a pretty good price ($15 off), so I went back to buy it, and was pleasantly surprised when it rang up $30.

May go back tomorrow to see if GoW2 rings up $30... I dunno.

At any rate, it seems this YMMV is still alive here.

saw fallout 3 but it was 29.99 and it had the %25 percent red ticket on it, i thought it would be less but it wasnt.
I dont think il get it for 29.99... maybe il wait until they drop it, which i doubt.

bread's done
Back