7/6 - 7/13: Mad Catz EVO2010 Promo - FightStick Discounts , Daigo Shirt, New Parts

MarkMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
7/6 - 7/13: Mad Catz EVO2010 Promo - FADC INTO ULTRA SAVINGS + NEW PARTS & SHIRTS!

NOTE: THIS ONLINE PROMOTION IS ONLY VALID FROM JULY 6 - JULY 13, 2010!

ALSO NOTE, ONLY ONE COUPON CODE CAN BE USED AT A TIME! IF YOU WANT TO GET A DISCOUNT ON BOTH A SUPER STREET FIGHTER ORDER AND/OR A REGULAR TE STICK ORDER, FIGHTPAD/SE FIGHTSTICK YOU WILL HAVE TO CREATE SEPARATE ORDERS!

These promos expire end of day July 13th!

---

Mad Catz® Interactive, Inc. (“Mad Catz” or “the Company”) (AMEX/TSX: MCZ), a leading third-party interactive entertainment accessory provider today a full schedule of promotions, activities and sponsored events to take place at the Evolution 2010 Championship Series taking place at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada from July 9 through to July 11 2010.

The Evolution Championship Series (EVO for short) represents the largest and longest-running fighting game tournaments in the world. EVO events bring together the best of the best from around the world in a dazzling exhibition of skill and fun, as players and fans gather to honor the competitive spirit in an open format and determine a champion.

Widely recognized as the fighting game controller of choice by professional gamers, casual fans and critics alike, the Mad Catz Street Fighter IV™ Arcade FightStick: Tournament Edition has been chosen as the EVO 2010 Championship Series ‘Official Controller’ and in celebration, team Mad Catz’ superstar player, ‘Daigo “The Beast” Umehara will be attending the EVO 2010 tournament on behalf of Mad Catz where the esteemed champion will be signing autographs as well as giving fearless gamers an opportunity to test their skills in one-on-one bouts of Super Street Fighter IV™.

Fans attending the EVO 2010 tournament will have an opportunity to catch an exclusive look at ‘never before seen’ limited edition FightStick designs, and enthusiasts are invited to bring their Tournament Edition FightSticks along where they will have an opportunity to customize their stick through purchasing exclusive parts and components including new bezels and shaft covers which will be available in no less than 13 striking colors! Newcomers to the fighting game scene will have the opportunity to try out the acclaimed FightSticks for themselves and purchase any one of the Mad Catz FightStick range on site. Fans attending just for fun can still walk away a winner as Mad Catz will be running regular raffles and contests giving away exclusive prizes to a fortunate few!

As an official sponsor of the EVO 2010 Championship Series Mad Catz will proudly be contributing the winner’s prize fund as well as providing the lucky eight Super Street Fighter IV qualifiers with exclusive ‘Gold Plated’ Tournament Edition Arcade FightSticks.

Mad Catz look forward to welcoming fighting game fans at the EVO 2010 Championship Series. For further information, please visit: EVO2K.COM

---

Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more deals & promotions in the future!

Mad Catz - EVO2010 Promotion
Hello everyone! MarkMan here with another discount for the gaming community

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up two Round 2 TE Fight Sticks during the deal for the peeps who go to geek conventions' video gaming rooms in AZ.

Adds to 2 TEs and 2 SEs already owned by the AZHP crew.

Thanks for the deal MarkMan and good job on the feed at EVO.

-FrankCastleAZ

[quote name='chickenbutt']Is there any difference between the Round 2 TE sticks and the Round 1 sticks other than how they look?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe there is.
The exterior not only has the different front graphic, but an all black base instead of the 1/2 black 1/2 white base on the original TE.
The Round 2 all black base looks much better IMHO.
I don't think there were any interior changes on the TEs until the Super sticks came out; and even those were minor.
I'm sure MarkMan can give a detailed answer to your question but you shouldn't shy away from any particular version of the TE as they're all top notch.

-FrankCastleAZ

[quote name='FrankCastleAZ']I don't believe there is.
The exterior not only has the different front graphic, but an all black base instead of the 1/2 black 1/2 white base on the original TE.
The Round 2 all black base looks much better IMHO.
I don't think there were any interior changes on the TEs until the Super sticks came out; and even those were minor.
I'm sure MarkMan can give a detailed answer to your question but you shouldn't shy away from any particular version of the TE as they're all top notch.

-FrankCastleAZ[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Do you know how to get the code to work? Do I just put it in and click checkout?

I'm in a real bind here.

Do I buy the Tatsunoko stick for playing with/against my buddy in Blacksburg (about once a week we play, otherwise I don' much play TVC)...

Or do I buy a second PS3 Stick so my buddy nearby (who beats me about 70% of the time in SSFIV using JUST THE DAMNED PS3 DS3 - heck, he wasn't even using the digital pad, he was using the analogue sticks. He's killing me even WORSE using the d-pad now, LOL) can have a more authentic experience?

I play SSFIV more often because of the network play (any tips on getting voice chat to work are appreciated, btw. I have a BT set connected, but still can't get the feature to work, sadly).

I enjoy TVC much more, but only have one particular place/time that I play it.

Decisions, decisions. I suppose I could get a pad for my buddy and the TVC stick for myself. I really have no use for two PS3 TE sticks, LOL.

Wow, what luck. I was just looking for a tatsunoko stick and went to amazon yesterday, it was 55$ was gona bite but then waited and today it had gone up to 68$ :/, but then went to trusty old cag. Bought it from madkatz store at 45$ shipped and including tax. thanks MarkMan :p

[quote name='chickenbutt']Just ordered a TE. Thanks! :D[/QUOTE]

Congrats. If you're coming from pad, don't get discouraged. It will take you a few months to get used to it, but it will be worth it in the long run.
Fightsticks are used by 99% of the top player population for a good reason.

-FrankCastleAZ

[quote name='FrankCastleAZ']Congrats. If you're coming from pad, don't get discouraged. It will take you a few months to get used to it, but it will be worth it in the long run.
Fightsticks are used by 99% of the top player population for a good reason.

-FrankCastleAZ[/QUOTE]

Is it going to take that long if I'm coming from using the 360 controller?
Btw, do you know what the arcades use in America? Like the square or octagon gate thing. Like the ones with Metal Slug and King of Fighters.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Is it going to take that long if I'm coming from using the 360 controller?
Btw, do you know what the arcades use in America? Like the square or octagon gate thing. Like the ones with Metal Slug and King of Fighters.[/QUOTE]

It wont take that long, i bought a TE and went from a 360 controller to it. They are worth it and way better than a 360 controller. i was so happy with it that i bought another for 2 player play. That being said, i suck with a 360 controller now lol.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Is it going to take that long if I'm coming from using the 360 controller?
Btw, do you know what the arcades use in America? Like the square or octagon gate thing. Like the ones with Metal Slug and King of Fighters.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what all the machines use but my Super Street Fighter II arcade machine uses an octagon gate. Hopefully Madcatz store will release some for sale with some directions on how to put them in their tournament sticks.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Not sure what all the machines use but my Super Street Fighter II arcade machine uses an octagon gate. Hopefully Madcatz store will release some for sale with some directions on how to put them in their tournament sticks.[/QUOTE]

You do realize you can buy them elsewhere and do it yourself right? It's not brain surgery, instructions can be had online, if not on this very site. And lizard lick has them all the time, along with other stores.

The 1990 American arcade machines had 360 or 8 way octagonal sticks including most SNK cabinets.

Do keep in mind that roughly 95% of the top players use the standard Japanese square gateways. It's all personal preference, but as long as you're not a complete moron you'll be fine and get used to it within a few hours in training mode and be extremely comfortable after a few months.

Leaving the square gateway is suggested by me.
Of course if you want the octagonal gateway, it's available as others mentioned. (Scroll down)
http://www.lizardlick.com/pages/joysticks.shtml

If you want to learn more about arcade sticks, read the first couple posts on the following two URLs-

http://shoryuken.com/f177/absolute-noobie-thread-now-more-faq-220429/

http://shoryuken.com/f322/srk-newbi...tick-faq-read-before-asking-questions-231888/

[quote name='Purkeynator']Not sure what all the machines use but my Super Street Fighter II arcade machine uses an octagon gate. Hopefully Madcatz store will release some for sale with some directions on how to put them in their tournament sticks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SteveGo']You do realize you can buy them elsewhere and do it yourself right? It's not brain surgery, instructions can be had online, if not on this very site. And lizard lick has them all the time, along with other stores.[/QUOTE]

Word.

Seach google for installing an octogonal gate and you'll get a million results. Personally, because I like the guys from ScrewAttack, I recommend Chad's guide because you won't get too bogged down in the fighting game community lingo and will likely not get lost in topics and information.

Keep in mind when Craig says the square gate is crappy, he's talking about preference, not quality. It is top quality out of box.

http://screwattack.com/videos/How-to-with-Chad-Arcade-Stick-Gate-Changing

Hope I've helped. :)

-FrankCastleAZ

[quote name='FrankCastleAZ']
Do keep in mind that roughly 95% of the top players use the standard Japanese 4 way gateways.[/QUOTE]
I think you're talking about square-restricted gates for the joystick as opposed to octagon . Also, the joystick is 8-way as in 8 directional inputs.

So, there are basically 3 joystick gates
smooth no corners
octagon
square

2-way, 4-way, 8-way, refer to the inputs that the joystick reads
like, pacman is 4 way, and fighting games use 8 way

[quote name='anathema728']I think you're talking about square-restricted gates for the joystick as opposed to octagon . Also, the joystick is 8-way as in 8 directional inputs.

So, there are basically 3 joystick gates
smooth no corners
octagon
square

2-way, 4-way, 8-way, refer to the inputs that the joystick reads
like, pacman is 4 way, and fighting games use 8 way[/QUOTE]

It's not that "you think" I was talking about square-restricted gates, you KNOW I was talking about square gates.
BUT..
You're right I should have said "square gateway" instead of "4 way" as it is different and my usage of terms was incorrect.

Correcting myself now:

"Do keep in mind that roughly 95% of the top players use the standard Japanese SQUARE gateways."

-FrankCastleAZ

@FrankCastleAZ, thanks for the helpful info. I had some idea you could change the restrictor plate to octagonal but I had no idea how easy or cheap it was. Based on the link you sent I am assuming I need the Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor plate? It says its for JLF series only and I have no idea what that means. Or maybe I should get the GT-8N 4/8 way if I want to play a bit of Pac-Man? I also noticed they had a 2-way. That would be helpful if I wanted to use it for a game like Galaga?

Some other differences I noticed with my Madcatz stick and my arcade machine is the arcade machine uses concave buttons and a bat top while the Madcatz stick uses convex buttons and a gum ball top.

Bah. I caved in and bought the round 2 version of the TE Fight stick. 99 dollars was too hard to pass up

[quote name='Purkeynator']@FrankCastleAZ, thanks for the helpful info. I had some idea you could change the restrictor plate to octagonal but I had no idea how easy or cheap it was. Based on the link you sent I am assuming I need the Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor plate? It says its for JLF series only and I have no idea what that means. Or maybe I should get the GT-8N 4/8 way if I want to play a bit of Pac-Man? I also noticed they had a 2-way. That would be helpful if I wanted to use it for a game like Galaga?

Some other differences I noticed with my Madcatz stick and my arcade machine is the arcade machine uses concave buttons and a bat top while the Madcatz stick uses convex buttons and a gum ball top.[/QUOTE]
That is based on the type of stick that you have. I'm not at home yet, so I can't give you an exact explanation with links (all stick parts websites I know of have recently been blocked here at work :cry:)

The basic explanation is that if your stick type (the individual stick itself) is a JLF, and you want to change restrictor plates; you will need to get restrictor plates that fit to JLF stick standards.

[quote name='Purkeynator']@FrankCastleAZ, thanks for the helpful info. I had some idea you could change the restrictor plate to octagonal but I had no idea how easy or cheap it was. Based on the link you sent I am assuming I need the Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor plate? It says its for JLF series only and I have no idea what that means. Or maybe I should get the GT-8N 4/8 way if I want to play a bit of Pac-Man? I also noticed they had a 2-way. That would be helpful if I wanted to use it for a game like Galaga?

Some other differences I noticed with my Madcatz stick and my arcade machine is the arcade machine uses concave buttons and a bat top while the Madcatz stick uses convex buttons and a gum ball top.[/QUOTE]

Q: What model stick is in the TE edition?
A: JLF-TP-8YT-SK-W
via awesome thread HERE that answers common questions about your TE stick.

So yeah you have a JLF stick.
If you really can't deal with the square gate (which I recommend you stick with) you'd wanna get the "Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor Plate"

As for Galaga, unless you're really hardcore about Galaga, I wouldn't but that as you'd have to open it up and switch out the gate each time you wanted to play a different game.
Obviously you can make your own decisions, but if you wanna play Galaga with a stick, you should buy a Madcatz SE and mod that and have a dedicated stick.
You could even put on a custom Galaga graphic with a Kinkos Lami-Label.
Info and PSD Templates are HERE

If you want a bat top as well, you can pick up the "Sanwa LB-30-N Joystick Bat Top" and a "Sanwa Joystick Adapter"

I know I've said it a lot, but I'll say it one more time. I do recommend all of you playing on the square gateway as it will very likely make you a better player. It does all come down to preference though, and you can become a good fighter no matter which gateway you use.
MarkMan could correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure out of the top 40 people in Super Street Fighter IV at EVO this year, everyone was using a square gateway minus the legend Alex Valle (octagonal), Vangief (FightPad), Shizza (Fightpad).

Recommendation to MarkMan or someone from CAG to lock this topic and we move discussions over to the Arcade Stick thread here on CAG since the Gameshark/Madcatz deal is now expired.
We don't wanna be clogging up the deals page with an expired deal.

-FrankCastleAZ

[quote name='MarkMan']The deal doesn't end until end of day today.

So there are 6 hours left, just about![/QUOTE]

I just sent you a PM, but is there any way I can backorder the sold out size M and just get it when it restocks. I really really want that blue keychain.

Pulled the trigger on my first fight stick. Got the Round 2 TE. Wish I could have picked up 2. I'm stoked!

^ Not paint, electroplated gold.

Would be impossible to do a solid gold one and still have it be functional.

Sale is over! I'll try to get more sales like this for future events (comic-con maybe) ? !

Ungh, got a box from Fedex today. I ordered a MvC2 360 TE, guess what was in my box? A PS3 SFIV Round 2. MarkMan, who do I need to contact to get this cleared up? I tried calling tech support, but I work the hours tech support is available.

Managed to find some free time at work to make the call. Now I have to play the waiting game as mine ships back and a new one ships out....

[quote name='MarkMan']^ Not paint, electroplated gold.

Would be impossible to do a solid gold one and still have it be functional.

Sale is over! I'll try to get more sales like this for future events (comic-con maybe) ? ![/QUOTE]

If there is gonna be a comic con sale for the sticks, it would be real nice to have the MvC TE sticks (marvel being a comic publisher and all) for a special $50 off sale like the Round 2 sticks. Just a suggestion.

Hey MarkMan,
I saw some photos from EVO2010 of a SSF4 TE-S stick with a Chun-li theme. Is that going to be available soon? I've already got four TE sticks, but I'm going to need to get a fifth if that comes out.

[quote name='duderoo']Hey MarkMan,
I saw some photos from EVO2010 of a SSF4 TE-S stick with a Chun-li theme. Is that going to be available soon? I've already got four TE sticks, but I'm going to need to get a fifth if that comes out.[/QUOTE]
AFAIK, that's going to be this year's Comi-Con exclusive stick. So you'll either have to get it there or pray that they have leftovers to sell.

bread's done
Back