7-Eleven Breaking Gears of War 2 Street Date

HotShotX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
The guys at Penny Arcade are reporting that they managed to purchase Gears of War 2 at a local 7-Eleven, breaking the game's Nov. 7th street date.

Not really a deal, and extremely YMMV (depending on your ability to find a 7-Eleven that sells games), but hey, smoke 'em if you got 'em.

gears2.jpg

Hypothetical situation.

Let's say you were to ask the people at 7 Eleven if they "sell videogames." They may answer in the affirmative, and then hand you a stack of games, from which you may choose what you like. They might sell this game to you even if there is a sticker on it that expressly tells them not to do so.

I didn't get the wizard at 7 Eleven, oh no. The wizard is from my private collection.

(CW)TB
Good Hunting.

~HotShotX

They also sold Halo 3 back when it came out. I had two 7-11's near me and as soon as I heard they broke the street date for Halo 3 I ran out to both of them but neither sold games :(

I'm not gonna even try this time

Does 7-Eleven sell the LE, anyone know?? Someone posted in the Gears thread that Target has them on shelves, so I am going to head over there to see if I can get a copy. If not, I'll also try 7-Eleven.

Well, I called a few. One said they will have it next week, while others said no. Two guys actually got made at me. One indian guy was like "What? NO!" and some black dude wast about to curse me out.

i bought halo 3 two days before it came out at 7-11 last time. im heading back up there right now to see if they have this one in stock.

and yes, there was a huge peice of paper right in front of all the coppies of halo stating no employee was to sell before the release date. the lady casually brushed it aside and sold me one, LOL.

I have no 7-11s around me personally, but my friend in Houston told me about 2 hours ago he scored 2 copies at his local 7-11. He said there was a sticker that said "DO NOT Sell until Nov. 7th" but they let him buy anyway.

There's lots of 7-11's near me... but I'm pretty certain that they don't sell games! It'd be sweet to pick this up early though...

Picked up a copy around 2PM today in Santa Ana. The address to the place is 902 W First street.

DSC00475.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so confused why all these americans are posting in the Canadian forum?? Please put your deals in your own forum, I dont like being teased by deals that I cant have :(

I think the thread just got moved here by accident or something.

A week ago the Fable II thread got moved to Video Game Deals...

bread's done
Back