70% off PS1 & older games at EB/Gamestop Started 9/13/06 UNCONFIRMED

shiningslade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
I just went into an EB just before closing and was browsing through the PS1 games and the guy working told me that they just got marked down today. I'm sure some of you have been waiting for this to happen!:cool: I guess it's time to go grab some of my stash (if it's still where I put it).

:whistle2:k I didn't see any marketing come in or any emails come in saying that the stuff is being marked down... especially to 70% off. Usually they would start with 30% or 50% off first. Then jump to 70% and then on to 90%.

[quote name='shiningslade']Come to think of it, there were no signs up advertising it. I'm just going on info from the closing store associate.[/quote]

Yea, I highly doubt this is true. If it is though, glad it happened now because I was about to send out ALL of our PS one games to another store an hour away. At least I'd be able to pick through them before they leave if it turns out to be true.

But if anything was to happen like this, I would believe it would start next marketing period on the 25th... but still highly doubt it will happen that soon.

I didn't hear about this yet at work.

Although my co-worker told me that some GS might have 40% off games $9.99 and under and that the deal stacks with the discount card.

THIS IS JUST A RUMOR RIGHT NOW. Don't fuking bite my head off if it's not true.

even if this is true what stores still have PS1 games in stock? I know in CA almost no stores do and I only know of one or two that might.

If this is true I'm gonna try picking up this Front Mission 3 that has been sitting on teh shelves for years unopened

A bunch of my local EB stores have STACKS of PS1 games laying around. I've managed to grab a bunch of them when I had credit recently, but at 70% off, this would get me scouring the store for a copy of Intelligent Qube, which is $46 USED from EB/GS right now.

I did notice before on GS's site that MANY games are listed as backordered that were just recently in abundance for PS1, so that may be a hint as to whether or not this is a legit clearance or not.

I work near an EBGames that get's all the old games from the entire district. When they closed out all the NES/SNES/GEN/DC games at all the stores, they were all sent to this one. I was able to get a SHITTON of old games. Lately they've been getting deliveries of PS1 games, so I hope this is true!

Deal is not running, lets lock this or move it somewhere else. These is no mention of the deal coming up anytime soon in emails. If its coming up next marketing period, I should have the info to put up sometime between 9-21 and 9-24.

[quote name='crazyj']even if this is true what stores still have PS1 games in stock? I know in CA almost no stores do and I only know of one or two that might.

If this is true I'm gonna try picking up this Front Mission 3 that has been sitting on teh shelves for years unopened[/QUOTE]

yeah here in the SF/CA area all those assclowns at EB stole all the semi rare or wortwhile PS1 games and sell them on ebay

the rest of the stores are so new that they never carried PS1 games..

it sucks mad dirt

[quote name='expane']yeah here in the SF/CA area all those assclowns at EB stole all the semi rare or wortwhile PS1 games and sell them on ebay
[/quote]

yeah i wondered about those games too that "apparently" have gotten stolen. i went to a gamestop once and saw Suikoden II used, nothing but just sleeves but didn't have enough money to buy it (it was priced at $69.99!) so i went back the next day to buy it but the associate said it was missing, someone probably stole it. IT WAS BEHIND THE REGISTER LOCKED IN A DRAWER!!! im sure they couldve done it themselves.

another time i went this time in PA, went to a EB games and saw that they had Suikoden 1, excited i went straight to the register and guess what, its missing. the funny thing is that the guy already knew it was missing(?), isnt that weird and the fact that the sleeve was still on the sales floor.. and he even mentioned that all their rare titles are behind the register, to prevent theft :)

Havent run into it yet at ebgames but i do know for sure that the employees at game crazy (at least here) scoop up the 3 for 15 games and sell them on ebay, i was told they do this by an employee that i know, they also hide all the rare games behind the counter so the customers cannot get them.

Just to clarify where the store is that told me, location is in Plymouth Meeting, PA. It's an EB Games on E Germantown Pike. Unfortuneately I did not buy anything so I don't have anymore store info. Although google is your friend ;)

bread's done
Back