$74.40 Sony PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset @ Target.com

These are great headsets. I only wish they were surround sound. The biggest selling point should be the convenience. Everything (sound and chat) is all through a USB dongle. No other hookup needed.

Also, I think Amazon has been selling these for around $80, so $75 is great, but not fantastic.

The PS3 wireless headset is awesome. Total recommend purchase if you like your games sounding really nice, really loud, having integrated bluetooth microphone and not waking the wife while you're torching the wastelands = priceless.

I agree with the other posters. This pair of headsets are awesome! I use them every day. My PS3 is loud, and I constantly have my air conditioner running. You can also plug them into your computer, and play music and use them for PC gaming as well. I forgot to mention they're super comfortable as well.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']These are great headsets. I only wish they were surround sound. The biggest selling point should be the convenience. Everything (sound and chat) is all through a USB dongle. No other hookup needed.

Also, I think Amazon has been selling these for around $80, so $75 is great, but not fantastic.[/QUOTE]

They are 7.1 surround, and for things that don't have native surround sound, there's a toggle above the left earpiece for virtual surround.

[quote name='Byakurai']They are 7.1 surround, and for things that don't have native surround sound, there's a toggle above the left earpiece for virtual surround.[/QUOTE]

These are not 7.1 surround. These are only stereo with simulated surround. It still sounds good, but I have a pair of Turtle Beach X41's that have real 7.1 and there is a difference. Still, I almost prefer the Sony headset just for the convenience factor.

Someone in the K-mart clearance thread mentioned they found these for $20. I don't know how true it is or if they were confusing this headset with something else. My local k-mart still has them for $100, so obviously it would be very YMMV if true. Still might be worth checking out if you have a K-mart nearby.

I like the sound and everything, but the shape and size seems unnecessarily bulky. Also, the pads always made my ears warm. I'm going to wait for the new one, not because of 7.1, but because they appear like they would be lighter and more comfortable.

If you are using a wireless internet connection for your PS3, DO NOT buy these. Using the headset will disconnect the PS3 from the internet. It is a known problem with these headphones. To remedy the problem, I had to connect the PS3 to the router via an in-wall line using keystone jacks. The only negative besides the connectivity issue is they do get a bit warm after extended use. Otherwise, they are very comfortable and sound great.

[quote name='kerouac kid']If you are using a wireless internet connection for your PS3, DO NOT buy these. Using the headset will disconnect the PS3 from the internet. It is a known problem with these headphones. To remedy the problem, I had to connect the PS3 to the router via an in-wall line using keystone jacks.[/QUOTE]

I did not have this issue during the 2 months I owned the headset. However, my PS3 sits less than a foot away from my wireless router.

Can anyone comment on the mic? How is the quality?

I bought the TB PX3 for $80 instead of this headset and someone told me it was a good decision because the mic sucks on the ps3 wireless headset.

[quote name='jedolley']I did not have this issue during the 2 months I owned the headset. However, my PS3 sits less than a foot away from my wireless router.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a couple sets of these during the GS sale for $49.50. My brother and I both had the same issue in different homes. Also, other people have posted online that they experienced similar problems. I wanted to completely wire the house anyway. This was just a little extra incentive to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost bought these about two weeks ago until I found out about the new model coming out. The new model looks to be amazing, I just wish it was coming out sooner (end of Sep / beginning of Oct depending on where you look) sense my current headset barely works anymore.

[quote name='kerouac kid']If you are using a wireless internet connection for your PS3, DO NOT buy these. Using the headset will disconnect the PS3 from the internet. It is a known problem with these headphones. To remedy the problem, I had to connect the PS3 to the router via an in-wall line using keystone jacks. The only negative besides the connectivity issue is they do get a bit warm after extended use. Otherwise, they are very comfortable and sound great.[/QUOTE]

I have used mine on two different PS3's in my house that are in different rooms. Both use wireless and I have never had a problem.

I will say that there was a system update to the PS3 recently (a couple of months ago?) that include some update for functionality of the headset, so perhaps they included a fix for that.

[quote name='navalg1337']Can anyone comment on the mic? How is the quality?

I bought the TB PX3 for $80 instead of this headset and someone told me it was a good decision because the mic sucks on the ps3 wireless headset.[/QUOTE]

The mic seems pretty good to me, although my standards for mic quality may be low. Sony did a PS3 update a couple of months ago that was supposed to improve the mic, but I don't know all the details.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I might get this when it hits $60 or lower. Might even wait for the newer one to drop lower than the $150 asking price.

The newer one is coming/source:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...tereo-headset-elite-edition-coming-this-fall/[/QUOTE]

Thanks I didnt know that they were coming out with a new set of headphones. I definitely agree with you in regards to the 60 dollar price point. 80 and 75 is still a bit too high. I hope that these new headphones work without issue on the ps4.

I grabbed a pair of these for 50 during the Gamestop Fiasco as another member mentioned. For 50 bones, they are a great headset. Mic is great, don't know what you guys are talking about. But I would most definitely wait for the inevitable price drop once the new pair come out.

bread's done
Back