75% off all SNES, NES, GEN, DREAMCAST Systems, Games, Access. EBGames/Gamestop B&M

tenzor

CAGiversary!
I saw a marketing poster that stated

"75%" off all SNES, NES, GEN, DC SYSTEMS, Games, and Access."

May be YMMV since most GS/EB stores don't carry these anymore, but for the ones that do they should be 75% off according to the marketing poster.

Not sure when the deal begins, some are saying the 21st of August, but I will try to find out. The poster for the sale came in with the 8/16 Gamestop/EB marketing kit.

Maybe that EB Games near the highway that still has the copy of Castlevania : Bloodlines with the sticker will be on clearnece.

Hey, can anyone tell me if this deal includes N64 games? Thanks! I recently found Ogre Battle 64 so I had no choice and brought myself a N64 console... now if I can just pad it out with a few more cheap games... :)

Went to a GS store that supposedly had DC VMUs(4+) in stock. They said no. I kinda wanted to pressure them into looking for it in the back but the guy behind the counter acted like he was afraid of me or something.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Went to a GS store that supposedly had DC VMUs(4+) in stock. They said no. I kinda wanted to pressure them into looking for it in the back but the guy behind the counter acted like he was afraid of me or something.[/quote]Was there the sale anyway?

[quote name='Asgardian']Hey, can anyone tell me if this deal includes N64 games? Thanks! I recently found Ogre Battle 64 so I had no choice and brought myself a N64 console... now if I can just pad it out with a few more cheap games... :)[/QUOTE]

Dude, Ogre Battle 64 should be $16.99 at EB/Gamestop. Worth every penny.

Well, just called mine and they haven't heard anything about it...but they do have a Dreamcast in stock. I'll be up at college by Monday...so I figure I'll grab it for 15 since that isn't so bad, really.

[quote name='Megaten']Well, just called mine and they haven't heard anything about it...but they do have a Dreamcast in stock. I'll be up at college by Monday...so I figure I'll grab it for 15 since that isn't so bad, really.[/quote]

I still have my old DC and have it hooked up. It's like an old, faithful dog I don't have the will to send off to be put down. Besides that, I have dozens of games for it I still enjoy playing from time to time.

For 15 bucks, it's a pretty sweet deal.

Just called the Gamestop in town and they don't carry SNES stuff. Neither does EB Games, so unless I want to go to Sac, I'm SOL.

If anybody can find an SNES system, I'll pay them cost + shipping + time.

Do any gamestops/EB in LA area have old games in stock, I live in a middle-upper class area so the stores are usually well stocked with new stuff.

I checked all EBGames/GameStops in Anaheim, Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, Mission Viejo, etc. and found nothing. That's everywhere in a 30 mile radius of me! Alas...

I asked the clerks at one of the gamestop locations near me, and they did verify that the sale is going on but that it's a long shot if I can even find any old merchendise at -any- of the locations.
May go out and check one of the other ones for the hell of it tomorrow or something.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but GameStop hasn't carried NES/SNES stuff in a few years. EB just stopped accepted/started clearancing them when the merger went through.

Well, I just checked, the EBGames near me only has the console in stock, no extra controllers or memory cards, but $3. fucking 75 for a dreamcast

And I have 2 other stores near me, that aren't EB/Gamestop, that sell Dreamcast stuff, and I know they have controllers & memory cards, & games

Went to my Local EB, brought up a few armfuls of games to the counter.

Only to be charged 63.89 for them all.
The guy didn't know about any upcoming sales, but if this is slated for the 21st, then I know where to go =D

I remember there being an EB with tons of SNES/NES games around here, I just have to call them all up I guess!

My local EB had a ton of Genesis games and quite a few NES games. The employees didn't hear of any sale though. I'll probably try again the 21st.

Hot damn. I know none of the EBs around me have this stuff, so I guess I'll have to check the one down at college. Unfortunately that won't be until the 26th at earliest.
If someone could pick me up a NES system I'd gladly pay cost + shipping + time. It would be bitchin.

Do I expect to actually get one? Nope. Still, I can dream.

[quote name='Kuros']I can confirm that it's going on.

Your GS/EB card will also stack, for 85% off.[/quote] Hot damn:D

Is there anything I can do to make the employees at my local EB aware of this sale? I would likely buy ever single non sports Genesis and NES game they have if they were aware fo the sale.

wow, i'll check out EB today... wish me GOOD LUCK. Hope i can find more DC games for my collection.

So far I owned (1) DC w/ 20 played games & over 60 brand new & Seal games, (1) Brand new DC bundle w/ 3 Sport games in the Box, couples DC controlers & VMU and action replay.

Holy Shit!

Edit* Just went down and my EB said it starts "soon" which is probably August 21st from what I've read so far. He said it applies to all the older system so I'm pretty sure N64 is included in this deal. Strangley the Dreamcast systems I thought I saw at my EB last week are gone...

Well I just got back from EB Games with Castlevania Bloodlines and Jurassic Park Rampage Edition for the Genesis for...$3 dollars. Jurassic Park was only 60 cents, and Castlevania was 2.50. Only drawback is Castlevania had a bunch of stupid Goosebumps stickesr on it, which I got off, but peal off some of the sticker on the front. And Jurassic Park had a small patch of ripped surface on it.

Only other games I saw for the Genesis besides sports were Toy Story, some game with a wolf on it that isn't Alter Beast, Eternal Champions, and some poker game. Now I just need to get a Genesis again. :D

p.s. Anyone know where to order stickers to fix up the package of a game?

Let's hope it's N64... the EB's / GS's here have truckloads of N64 games just rotting there, I should be able to find something worthwhile out of all stores around here.

For all the people who have so far gotten stuff, is the discount automatically applied?

[quote name='Roufuss']Let's hope it's N64... the EB's / GS's here have truckloads of N64 games just rotting there, I should be able to find something worthwhile out of all stores around here.

For all the people who have so far gotten stuff, is the discount automatically applied?[/quote]

Yeah, my nearby EB has tons of boxed N64 games that I never had, and wouldn't mind getting my hands on =D

[quote name='ThePlatinumStag']Yeah, my nearby EB has tons of boxed N64 games that I never had, and wouldn't mind getting my hands on =D[/QUOTE]

All the ones around here are cart only, and while I prefer boxed / complete who cares if I'm paying $2 - $3 per game.

Are you guys just going in and asking about the deal, or just buying stuff and hoping for the best? EB's around here are sometimes clueless on specials.

[quote name='Stingermck']Are you guys just going in and asking about the deal, or just buying stuff and hoping for the best? EB's around here are sometimes clueless on specials.[/quote]

I just went in and asked which might have been a mistake. If I would you I would ring up a game, see if it's adjusted to 75% and then go back for more if it is or say I don't want it if it's not.

[quote name='bigaug']I asked, and had the cashier ring up games. They all rang up at the tagged prices. Dunno why this isn't going on at my EB.[/quote]

*cough* Because the sale hasn't started yet. *cough*

[quote name='Rictor']*cough* Because the sale hasn't started yet. *cough*[/quote]

Well, from the sounds of some of the posts here, it seemed as if the sale had already begun.

Its not like anyone ever made it 100% clear that this has yet to start.

I managed to get Sonic Adventure 2 for DC for .96 after edge card! Sure it was disc only, but the disc is in great shape.
Besides that, my Eb had Quake 3 Arena complete, 1 SNES game, about 7 N64 games, and a shit load of PS1 games (The store locator says it has Suikoden 2, but its probably in the employee hold drawer.:bomb:)

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']I managed to get Sonic Adventure 2 for DC for .96 after edge card! Sure it was disc only, but the disc is in great shape.
Besides that, my Eb had Quake 3 Arena complete, 1 SNES game, about 7 N64 games, and a shit load of PS1 games (The store locator says it has Suikoden 2, but its probably in the employee hold drawer.:bomb:)[/QUOTE]
Sprint>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']No way. I don't even get service in my house.[/QUOTE]
orly.jpg

[quote name='bigaug']Well, from the sounds of some of the posts here, it seemed as if the sale had already begun.

Its not like anyone ever made it 100% clear that this has yet to start.[/quote]

Except the 4 or 5 people that said they went to their local store to confirm and then posted the date that the sale starts.

Anyone that is already getting games on sale is either:

A. Making up crap, happens all the time on here.
B. Dealing with EB/GS employees that are clueless about start and end dates for sales, which is also pretty common.

[quote name='gamezoidman']So do you know if the Playstation 1 are included in this sale?[/quote]

i got all excited about the ps1 games, but then i read the post title. I wish ps1 was in that title :cry:

maybe they'll sell ps1 games that cheap since they seem to be shipping them out. I used the store locator on ebgames.com and gamestop.com (same thing) - and they all told me the same thing. They shipped all there ps1 stock to san diego near the border.....I guess mexico is getting ready for a 2006 launch of PS1 HAHAHA

although, i have been to two gamestops near me with quite a few ps1 titles.so i'll cross my fingers \\:D/

bread's done
Back