75% off all SNES, NES, GEN, DREAMCAST Systems, Games, Access. EBGames/Gamestop B&M

tenzor

CAGiversary!
I saw a marketing poster that stated

"75%" off all SNES, NES, GEN, DC SYSTEMS, Games, and Access."

May be YMMV since most GS/EB stores don't carry these anymore, but for the ones that do they should be 75% off according to the marketing poster.

Not sure when the deal begins, some are saying the 21st of August, but I will try to find out. The poster for the sale came in with the 8/16 Gamestop/EB marketing kit.

[quote name='Rictor']Except the 4 or 5 people that said they went to their local store to confirm and then posted the date that the sale starts.

Anyone that is already getting games on sale is either:

A. Making up crap, happens all the time on here.
B. Dealing with EB/GS employees that are clueless about start and end dates for sales, which is also pretty common.[/QUOTE]

Like my post said this sale is NOT on. It isn't on cause I tried at two different EBGames locations only to be shot down.

i got sonic shuffle for dreamcast complete... it was 3.00 so ill ship it out for 8.00 and its complete.... that was the only game...

Sweet there is an EB in my area with tons of dreamcast accesories and games. I might just go there when I find this to be confirmed.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Sweet there is an EB in my area with tons of dreamcast accesories and games. I might just go there when I find this to be confirmed.[/quote]

uhh it was confirmed a few days ago dude

Going on at my store. Just nothing to be had. Not a single item related to new, snes, or gen.

What Dreamcast titles that were there, were just sports titles. which were in a box on the floor in the corner.

I had called yesterday and was told they had 1 dreamcast. Today I was told, no Dreamcast, they don't even take them anymore. Yeah some employee got that one...

Awesome deal. I'll have to make use of it tomorrow, since an EB near me had some decent DC stuff the last time I was there, and probably still has few good games to be had.

So no N64 games, huh? This sale seems like a monumental waste... most stores have already gotten rid of all the old stuff, they need to start working on the 100 or so N64 carts each store has. Hell, just start clearancing out the PS1 stuff too.

I don't get why EB / GS would stop taking trade-in's yet let the stuff they have left just rot on the shelves and waste space. At least they finally got smart about the used PC games that were there for roughly a year with barely anyone touching them until the end (the huge clearance sale, then the subsequent pennying out / destroying).

[quote name='RedvsBlue']... (in fact, I know of an EB store that's a goldmine for Dreamcast stuff...) but NES?[/quote]
Where, oh God, where? I'd love a DC!!

I might drive the circuit of the 25 or so EB/GS stores within an hour of my house IF this stuff rings up automatically once the sale starts. If the cashiers have to actually know about the sale and change prices manually, I probably won't bother unless it's printed in the flyer and I can show it to them, as most of the cashiers around here are clueless about sales. Most had never heard of the trade 3 get an extra $10 deal a few weeks back.

Just from driving around in the last year or so, I'd say there's an average of maybe 10 NES/Genesis/SNES/Dreamcast games per store, so I could probably find around 50 games out of 250 worth grabbing with my store credit at 75% off. Pretty much anything that isn't sports I'd grab for my collection or trade bait. Dunno if it's worth $30 in gas and a full day of my time for 50 random NES/SNES/Genesis/Dreamcast games though when I could probably find a lot of 50 random games on Ebay for about the same price.

Unfortunatly our ebgames and gamestop stores in this area mainly got rid of all this stuff a couple months ago along with the ps1 and n64 stuff, i dont know why ps1 and n64 isnt part of this sale, thats just stupid, it should be because i know they just want to get rid of all those overpriced games anyways, i dont even know any stores around here that carry the ps1 and n64 games now, they all seem to be gone from the stores just recently.

I was recently at a strip mall store that still has some SNES & Genesis games. I have never seen so many copies of Mortal Kombat for the Genesis in one place in my entire life :) They had about 100 genesis games but a ton of copies of certain games (Sonic 1 & 2, Eternal Champions, Aladdin, Mortal Kombat I & II) They only had about 20 SNES games and IIRC they were all sports games except for 3 copies of Pitfighter. Will be interesting to see what people find as I'd imagine that you would have to be pretty lucky to find anything that is worth playing and isn't super common at 75% off.

I could see what the NES selection is probably like at the few stores that still have NES games probably half or more of the games consist of Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt & Bases Loaded with afew copies of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles thrown into the mix. You'd probably be really lucky to find something that's pretty common but not owned by everyone that owned a NES like Ikari Warriors when 75% hits.

I was at an EB store in Highland, IN today and they're running this sale to include PS1 and N64 stuff as well. I also talked to the SM at a Gamestop here and he confirmed that he'd be doing PS1 and N64 stuff as well, but not until monday. This is probably YMMV, but I thought that I'd share.

If I got to my local one on Monday...and this happens to be true for my store.

I'm walking back with a lot of AAA, Complete, 85 Percent off N64 Games =D

Can't Wait! :applause:

[quote name='briansraregames']I was at an EB store in Highland, IN today and they're running this sale to include PS1 and N64 stuff as well. I also talked to the SM at a Gamestop here and he confirmed that he'd be doing PS1 and N64 stuff as well, but not until monday. This is probably YMMV, but I thought that I'd share.[/quote]

Anyone know of any Kansas locations which even carry these any more? I had no luck calling Lenexa, OP, Olathe, Shawnee Mission, and Leawood locations.

SI

My GB had plenty of old games...went today.

Every single thing was sports and pure junk.

Didn't leave with a single item.

I really need a dreamcast too at that price :whistle2:\

-calls dibs on extra-

Does anyone in the Houston area know any stores that have this sale going on? I went up and down Hwy. 6 from Westhiemer to Missouri City and none of the stores had a sale like this going on. I'm going to check the one at 6 and 529 tomorrow.

Doesn't look like this will be too fruitful. Called most within 20 miles of me and all but one knew some sort of sale was going on, but none had anything of interest or had nothing at all. Most don't even have PS1 anymore either, when did that stuff get sold off? I have a few more I will call tomorrow that are farther, but have been around longer. A lot of the ones I did call said they sent in all the DC stuff and such to be consolidated into one store, but they don't know which one.

[quote name='briansraregames']I was at an EB store in Highland, IN today and they're running this sale to include PS1 and N64 stuff as well. I also talked to the SM at a Gamestop here and he confirmed that he'd be doing PS1 and N64 stuff as well, but not until monday. This is probably YMMV, but I thought that I'd share.[/quote]

There are actually four towns in Indiana called Highland, which county is this?

[quote name='cycophuk']Does anyone in the Houston area know any stores that have this sale going on? I went up and down Hwy. 6 from Westhiemer to Missouri City and none of the stores had a sale like this going on. I'm going to check the one at 6 and 529 tomorrow.[/quote]

It was reported that it starts on Monday. Seems like a strange start date to me but I'll check it out tomorrow.

[quote name='tbizzy1o1']My GB started it already when I went Saturday.
This is the one in Bear, Delaware[/QUOTE]

This is the second time you've called EB by the letters GB...what gives?

So I went and got three NES Games, brought them up to the counter, and tried to see what the price was.
3.99 (Bionic Commando)
5.99 (Adventure of Lolo)
5.99 (Bionic Commando)

So I ask the guy, "What gives?" And he asked where I heard about the suppossed "75% off sale..." and I responded with... "The internet..."
Then he says "Sorry, the prices have actually gone up, your total is a million dollars."

Then we both laughed XD Christopher is the most awesome EB Employee ever, he always gives me free stuff.
Anyway, he told me to just go ahead and grab up all the NES/SNES/Gen games, might as well buy them all.

Bionic Commando 1.13
Adventure of Lolo 1.57
Wild Gunman 1.57
Spy Hunter 1.13
Pro Am Racing .67
Blades of Steel .67
Iron Tank .90
To The Earth .20
Bugs Bunny Birthday something 1.13
Top Gun .45
Time Lord .45
Rad Racer .45
Magmax .23
Magic School Bus (Genesis) 1.35
Brunswick World Tournament (SNES) .90
Bassins Black Bass (SNES) 1.90
Bionic Commando 1.13
Golf Pebble Beach .23
Back to the Future II and III 1.13
Captain Skyhawk .23
Blaster Master .90
Blades of Steel .67
Blades of Steel .67

Also got some MGS games I needed to play, now that I bought a PS2 (Toys R Us 40 dollar gift card). He price adjusted them to the stickered price, instead of what came up.
I got Metal Gear Solid: SOL (PS2) which rang up to 4.99, but was marked 3.99
ended up paying 3.59
Metal Gear Solid : SE was 12.99, marked 9.99, so I ended up paying 8.99

Also ended up getting three movies, marked 5.99, for 3.00 each thanks to the 3 for 10 sale =D

AWESOME DAY:D

[quote name='ultrarobotninja']called local EB and the employee said PS1 and 64 games ARE included, but YMMV... and now to resume calling all ebgames around...[/QUOTE]

This gives me a bit of hope, since my local EB has a decent assortment of PS1 and N64 titles. Hopefully, I can pick up that Harvest Moon 64 I've been eyeing for $5...

What's the best way to inform the employees of this sale?

I went yesterday, and the guy was clueless. I didn't push it since most think it starts today. And the prices have to be manually adjusted correct?

[quote name='ultrarobotninja']called local EB and the employee said PS1 and 64 games ARE included, but YMMV... and now to resume calling all ebgames around...[/quote]

I really hope the EBs around here include N64 games. That would make this sale so much better for me. The only store with a decent selection of games older than PS1/N64 is over 20 miles away.

The store selling PS1/N64 for 75% off are misinformed. The sign cleary states Genesis, SNES, NES, and Dreamcast, and if the clerk doens't know what your talking about tell them to check the 9/16 marketing kit.

Went to the EB in Fairlawn, OH. They had a used DC system. Employees knew nothing. Told them to check the marketing kit. One of the employees said he was the guy who deals with all promos for the store, and he hadn't heard anything about it. Would not budge.

They were probably just saving the Dreamcast for themselves. Bastards.

I called all the stores within 30 miles, none stock the older games anymore, most do not stock anything older than PS2/gamecube/xbox. I found a couple stores with n64 and ps1 but thats the oldest i could find, so hopefully there will be a nice sale on ps1 and n64 sometimes soon.

The stores around here still sell a lot of PSX games during the Buy 2 Get 1 Free sales as the carry a ton of hard to find RPGs. They never seem to sell N64 games though. I bet we'll get a N64/PSX sale eventually, but probably not 75% off right away. The stuff that's on 75% off right now has already been clearanced at most EB/GS stores for a couple years now. This sale is just a last ditch effort to move it before it's field destroyed.

[quote name='Sirmackerel']This gives me a bit of hope, since my local EB has a decent assortment of PS1 and N64 titles. Hopefully, I can pick up that Harvest Moon 64 I've been eyeing for $5...[/QUOTE]

Can you post here again after you try to buy it? I've been eyeing the HM64 copy around these parts too.

I went to an eb that I knew had some nes and genesis games. I asked about the 75% off sale, and the guy knew something about it but didn't know when it's supposed to start. He asked the manager who didn't know anything about it. Then the worker tried scanning a nes game but no discount was appied. I was dissapointed but I found one DQ8 controller left for 19.99 and got a king kong strategy guide for free. After I paid for them and about to leave, the manager came out of the back room and said the 75% off sale is going on for the Genesis, NES, Dreamcast, and SNES, but not for N64 or PS1.

So I went back to look for some games and here's what I got:

NES:
Metroid - 2.25
Willow - 1.57
Snakes revenge - 1.13
Taboo 6th sense - 0.67
Galaga - 1.80
Yoshi - 2.25
Ballon fight - 1.13
Captain Skyhawk - 0.23
Adventure island - 1.80
Spy hunter - 1.13

Genesis:
Zoop - 0.67
Exo squad - 0.67
E-swat - 0.67
F-22 interceptor - 0.23
Shadow dancer - 0.67
B.O.B. - 0.67
Shadow of the Beast II - 0.67
Maximum Carnage - 1.13
NFL 95 (complete) - 0.11
Ooze (complete) - 0.45
Animaniacs (w/case) - 0.90
Cyberball (w/case) - 0.45
Bonanza Brothers (complete) - 0.67

The price magically went from $103 to $23 after taxes. He scanned my More Card after appying the 75% off, so I didn't quite get 85% off. Still 23 games for $23 ain't bad. :D Now it's time to clean and test these games out.

[quote name='Zon27']This is the second time you've called EB by the letters GB...what gives?[/QUOTE]

I think he's just combining GameStop and Electronics Boutique to get GB.

[quote name='pinoy530']I think he's just combining GameStop and Electronics Boutique to get GB.[/quote]

Well, they officially merged anyway, so why not? :lol:

Now I just have to find an EB/GS // GB with classic games. I can't wait for N64/PS1 games to inevitably drop.

I went to 2 different eb today,the employees never heard or recieved a memo for this sale.I had to paid full price for lufia ii $9.99.

darn, checked my local EB and Gamestop today and they didn't have anything. They told me all Minnesota locations with the exception of 2 near the cities, had to send all their old product to their warehouse a few months ago.

I just called 2 minutes ago and they are running the sale but not for N64 and PS1. I asked if they had any of the old systems, games, or accessories, he said no then I asked if any EB's/GS's around here have any of the old stuff and he said no. I tried, but I can't wait til they start clearing out PS1 and N64 my Gamestop has tons and no one ever touches them.

Hey guys, just got back from work and stoped at the store that said n64 titles were included, it turned out the clerck who answered my call was an idiot but the manager asured me that a sale will probably be coming for 64 and ps1 very soon... sorry for crushing hopes...

Hope the N64 and PS1 sales are soon because their bone dry here in New Jersey. All of the stores I called haven't had stock of old nes/snes and genesis in a couple of years. Pretty bare out here so if anyone looking, cross NJ off of the list for the older games because 75% of nothing is still nothing :cry:

bread's done
Back