75% off N64 and PS1 Games @ EB/GS

bsschorr

CAGiversary!
The old B1G1 sale appears to be over and is being replaced with a 75% off sale; plus the 10% off for your Game Informer card comes off the original (and the the dicounted price), makes the deal closer to 85% off. It also appears that the old N64 and PS1 games are being consolidated in select stores, so many stores will not have any games and some will have a ridiculous amount. YMMV and good luck.

Accessories in ALL of the local stores around me (Harrisburg, PA) are clearanced.. I'm not sure why that varies for you guys. I believe everything I saw was around 99 cents before 75 percent off plus edge card. I picked up one official Sony PSOne controller for 15 cents. There were tons of 3rd party controllers for the same price... saw one or two multitaps (maybe have been a buck or two more, didn't check specifically), and no memory cards... also an RFU adaptor or two...

Also saw a few third party Dreamcast controllers for the same price..

And my one local store still has some Genesis/ Super NES games, and they were discounted the same as PSOne/N64 games as well. Nothing great, mostly sports... but picked up some sports game that meant a lot to me as a kid that I don't own anymore... Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball (Both of them for SNES), NCAA Basketball (SNES), Jurassic Park (Genesis), etc. They ranged from 15 - 30 cents.

[quote name='Brian9824']I snagged 2 disc only copies of Diablo for psx if anyone is intrested in em.[/quote]

Actually, if I get a chance tomorrow, I may hit the one local game shop, as I remember them having a complete Diablo in stock last time I was there for $5.

I'm a fiend when it comes to action RPGs/dungeon crawlers, though some of them are kind of bleh.

And now we have Game Informer magazine, with its extra 10% off coupon.

To my understanding, the barcode is a generic SKU. Everyone gets the same coupon and they aren't individualized.

One of my local Gamestops actually got a restock of PS1 games in from a store in Erie, and boy.. I was happy with it. Unless someone else picked through them (doesn't seem likely), the restock was :

Parasite Eve (2 copies)
Xenogears
Final Fantasy IX
Rhapsody
Front Misson 3
Persona 2 (only one that was complete)

They were all in this one section, pushed to the side. Yay!

[quote name='Biglesworth23']One of my local Gamestops actually got a restock of PS1 games in from a store in Erie, and boy.. I was happy with it. Unless someone else picked through them (doesn't seem likely), the restock was :

Parasite Eve (2 copies)
Xenogears

Final Fantasy IX
Rhapsody
Front Misson 3
Persona 2 (only one that was complete)

They were all in this one section, pushed to the side. Yay![/quote] You, good sir, are one lucky fucker.

And I am one UNlucky fucker, since I keep missing out on mint/complete copies of Intelligent Qube by like a week to a month. The one other small game shop here had one complete for $30, sold just after Christmas.

But, I haven't been ALL unlucky lately, since that SAME shop sold me a 30001R PS2(with no warranty seal) that they thought was completely DEAD. It turns out it works 100%. However, I only bought it for parts, for $10.

I may head back there and buy some of their supposedly 'dead' Xbox/Dreamcast/other systems for $10 each, if they let me.

This what I found.

Bushido Blade 2
Kartia
Threads of Fate
Magic the Gathering
Vagrant Story
Megaman X6
Wild Arms
Lunar 2
Tales of Destiny
Saiyuki
Persona 2
Rhapsody
Gundam Battle Assualt 2
Breath of Fire 4
Namco Museum vol.2
Hoshigami

I know its a longshot but if anyone found lunar 1 or 2 and had em for trade let me know. I don't care about complete, just need games to finish collection.

[quote name='Brian9824']I know its a longshot but if anyone found lunar 1 or 2 and had em for trade let me know. I don't care about complete, just need games to finish collection.[/QUOTE]

There's an EB about an hour from me that still shows them in stock on the website. I've been there before (maybe 2 months ago) and they had them. They are a fairly new EB and loaded them down when they opened. Except for a few oddball PS1 games (junk games) everything seemed to have the case and maybe the booklet but I didn't check that closely. All the cases looked to be in good condition, and I'm sure all those Square greatest hits games were probably gutted since the cases looked to be in very clean condition.

I think it was lunar 1 they had more than one of, but lunar 2 was the only copy but it still shows on the website in stock. Wild Arms and Breath of Fire 3 is gone now though it looks like, they don't show in stock. Everything else still seems to be there. Lunar 1 was a very thick box (not a normal case IIRC) but Lunar 2 had the typical case, it was thick though like Final Fantasy games I think.

If these games really do ring up as cheap as you guys say and someone is desperate for something I'll see what I can do. They had multiple copies (3 or more) of Breath of Fire 4, Vagrant Story, Xenogears, Final Fantasy 8 and 9, and Parasite Eve. Lunar 1 had two copies I think and the second one only one. They had one Wild Arms and BoF3 but it shows out of stock on those.

Looks like they still have that Nocturne in stock. Very clean case too. This EB is out in the boonies so it doesn't surprise me this stuff isn't selling. That's the place I got my copy of Wizardry PS2.

Edit: They also had multiple copies of Persona 2 I know, and it still shows in stock. I can't remember everything they had. I'd rather not give the location right now since a lot of these games I never played and may want to play them myself.

2nd edit: Just did a quick look and they still also have Final Fantasy Tactics, FF Anthology, FF Chronicles, Rhapsody, Legend of Dragoon, and Chrono Cross. I think that's all the major stuff. I was only looking up RPG's by the way. It's pretty much greatest hits stuff though, stuff most of you have anyway.

If you happen to go and can snag em i'd be VERY greatful. Drop me a message and let me know. I can trade you some games or send paypal, whatever you want.

A store I visited early last week had two "Making of Lunar 2" discs and they wouldn't budge on giving one to me as a freebie since the rest of Lunar 2 was nowhere to be found. They insisted on selling them for $35 before discounts. Bleh.

to everyone who got persona 2.. how is it? I snagged a copy myself and I'm wondering if I should play it, or pass it on to my woman friend.

How do I check the stock on these PS1 games? I can't seem to find any on their website. I hate to drive an hour for nothing.

[quote name='boognishd']How do I check the stock on these PS1 games? I can't seem to find any on their website. I hate to drive an hour for nothing.[/QUOTE]

click on anything that display multiple items such as used game on upper right or search all products on upper left corner. Click on it. Then scroll down and click on "Show backordered used products that may be available in stores."

Remember, store locator isn't accurate, so call your store first before going there

Thanks Fatbeer!

I have found a couple of gems so far with much better luck at the stores in more rural places. I'm really hoping to find a copy of Xenogears.

I finally hit up the store that had PSOne games and checked out every single thing they had there.

Gex - $0.45
Dragon Ball GT Final Bout - $0.75
Crash Bandicoot 2 - $0.90
Syphon Filter 2 - $0.45
Syphon Filter 3 - $1.05
Banjo-Kazooie - $1.05

They had N64 games, but they were in the back.

So I called a local GS, which used to be a Rhino, and asked about the sale. He told me the Xenogears he had (which I didn't see the two times I went there) rang up at $20.00. He also said he tried some PS1 games a few days ago and they rang up at sticker price too.
Is this just because he didn't total the items? Does anyone know if the 75% off is still going on? I know the discount doesn't apply until they total it, but I assume the GS employee would know this.

75% off is clearance. They're not a sale. It's there until they get rid of all of their stock.

fatbeer, I can't seem to find an option to browse through backordered games on the site. o_o

[quote name='boognishd']So I called a local GS, which used to be a Rhino, and asked about the sale. He told me the Xenogears he had (which I didn't see the two times I went there) rang up at $20.00. He also said he tried some PS1 games a few days ago and they rang up at sticker price too.
Is this just because he didn't total the items? Does anyone know if the 75% off is still going on? I know the discount doesn't apply until they total it, but I assume the GS employee would know this.[/quote]
Sounds like he is just a moron. The other day the guy ringing me up told me I lucked out because when he hit total there is apparently some sale going on where dvds are buy 2 get 1 free. :hot:

Go in and grab that game!

[quote name='Tsukento']75% off is clearance. They're not a sale. It's there until they get rid of all of their stock.

fatbeer, I can't seem to find an option to browse through backordered games on the site. o_o[/quote]
shoooow.jpg

Your search has to have some results before you see that at the bottom, if that was the problem.

[quote name='Tsukento']75% off is clearance. They're not a sale. It's there until they get rid of all of their stock.

fatbeer, I can't seem to find an option to browse through backordered games on the site. o_o[/QUOTE]

search for anything that in stock. Search for things that are generally in stock with a larger category like "final fantasy", "grand theft auto" or "metal gear". Click search button then scroll down on bottom page for the "Show backordered used products that may be available in stores." Afterward click on "show". All the backorder items will show up.

[quote name='fatbeer']search for anything that in stock. Search for things that are generally in stock with a larger category like "final fantasy", "grand theft auto" or "metal gear". Click search button then scroll down on bottom page for the "Show backordered used products that may be available in stores." Afterward click on "show". All the backorder items will show up.[/quote]

Be warned though! If you find a store with games, first call and ask if they still have PSX games before going. I went online and it said a store near me had old FF's, Resident Evils, lots of great games for PS1. I went to that store and it said they hadn't been carrying any old games for a long time.

So call and ask. Don't ask about individual games, just call and ask if they at least carry old ones.

[quote name='exit370']I just spent $80 bucks on 99 PS1 games.... Oh i love u 85% off. Oh how i love u :)[/QUOTE]

So...you're working on a list for us, right? :)

While I was lucky with some stuff, I've been unlucky with others..

I've picked up probably around 100 games from this sale as well, but these don't work:

Star Ocean: Second Story (I think that's the title)
Intelligent Qube
Chrono Cross (already own it anyways, though, but couldn't pass it up for so cheap)
Warcraft 2 (something or other)

Intelligent Qube is the one that hurts the most. It looks about perfect, except for this crack in it.. almost looks like a small DENT on the bottom of the disc. Got it buffed at GameCrazy just for the hell of it... still a no go. :( Any other ideas?

If anyone could me copies of Chrono Cross, Brave Fencer Musashi, Final Fantasy Chronicles, Banjo-Tooie, Mischief Makers, Pokemon Puzzle League and Majora's Mask, I would so gladly pay you for them.

Upon calling a store that seemed like they might have had stuff hidden away in the back, I ended up getting this jackass that I always see treating the customers like he just doesn't give a fuck. So I automatically got told they didn't have anything prior to PS2, despite the fact that they had a case full of Game Boy Color games and at one point had an entire bin full of N64 games that would not sell.

[quote name='Tsukento']If anyone could me copies of Chrono Cross, Brave Fencer Musashi, Final Fantasy Chronicles, Banjo-Tooie, Mischief Makers, Pokemon Puzzle League and Majora's Mask, I would so gladly pay you for them.

Upon calling a store that seemed like they might have had stuff hidden away in the back, I ended up getting this jackass that I always see treating the customers like he just doesn't give a fuck. So I automatically got told they didn't have anything prior to PS2, despite the fact that they had a case full of Game Boy Color games and at one point had an entire bin full of N64 games that would not sell.[/quote]

I got some disc only copies of chrono cross, one I was gonna give to the lady friend, but she bought a complete copy on here I believe. I havent tested them out yet, but lemme hook up my ps3 and i'll check later on tonight :D

Wooo talk about a score. I got to talking to the manager and he let slip they had four more boxes of old games in the back. Went nuts for about an hour looking through them and came out with

Complete games
Final Fantasy Tactics (GH)
BeyBlade
Digimon world 3
Tomb Raider Chronicles (DC)

Incomplete (Missing Manual and/or original case):
Shadow Tower
Space Hulk Vengeance of the blood angels
Tenchu 2
Tekken 3
Vandal Hearts
Threads of Fate
Resident Evil 2
Bloody Roar
Monster Rancher 2
Metal Gear Solid 1
Metal gear solid VR missions
Apocalypse
Alone in the Dark
G Police
Forsaken
Tomba! (Blockbuster label)
Crusaders of Might and Magic (blockbuster label)
Darkstone
Spyro
Tekken 2
Duke Nukem Total Meltdown
Duke Nukem Time to Kill
Die Hard Trilogy
PinoBee
Dino Crisis
Digimon World 1
Chrono Cross
Megaman Legends 2
Point Blank 2
Saga Frontier
Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver
Armored Core
Wild 9
Fighting Force - Collectors edition
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
Legend Of Legaia

House of the dead 2 (DC)
Zombie Revenge (DC)
Shadow Man (DC)
PenPen Triltelon (DC)
Stunt Race FX (SNES)
Super Strike Eagle (SNES)
Street Racer (SNES)
Pitfall (SNES)
Robotron 64 (N64)
Eternal Champions (Genesis)
B.O.B. (Genesis)
Sonic Pinball (Genesis)
Street Fighter 2 special champion edition (Genesis)
Chuck Rock (Sega CD, where did that come from!)
Tiger Hell (NES)
Cabal (NES)
Wall Street Kid (NES)
Golgo 13 (NES)

Total came to 60.00 for the above. After that I hit up a gamecrazy while it was slow and the guy there let me look at the inventory sheet for classic games they had in the back. Ended up grabbing

Final Fantasy 7 with case but no manual (GH) :hot:
Legend of Dragoon Complete (GH)
Evil Dead Hail to the king
Megaman 8
Jade Cocoon
The Granstream Saga
RPG Maker
Saga Frontier
Mario party 2 (n64)

Total for that was about 31.00. His inventory also had an arc the lad collection in stock but he was unable to find it. He made gestures with his hands showing me it was a big box so I was pretty bummed about that. Gave him my number just in case.

I grant you that alot of the above titles are rubbish but at this price I couldnt resist. Great day! :bouncy:

[quote name='nyprimus4']Useless without pics Gara[/quote]

What does that even mean? Did you mean to say "I don't believe you without pics"? Or perhaps, "Nobody will buy these games off of you or trade for them - if you wanted to, that is - without pics"? Otherwise, I fail to see how her list is 'useless'. Lists like this, unless they are specifically for the purpose of listing items to trade, serve the sole purpose of showing that games in said list are obtainable by all, if they can be found.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Useless without pics Gara[/quote]
Haha well I have already added them all into a cd album. I can scan some of the receipt if you are implying I am a fibber. You're not missing much with the picture though. Countless broken jewel cases, cheap paper sleeves, and old stickers I threw in the garbage. They seem to have come from several stores and each store had a different method of packing them.

Shrinkwrapped in a jewel case, slim design jewel cases, sealed in a little sandwich bag, paper sleeves, jewel case wrapped in tape, and all of the carts were sealed in game accessory bags. I'm guessing the employees have been sitting on them in the backroom because almost every single jewelcase had something broken on it.

Alright I am a free time person! Work it baby! Strike a pose!

Here are some of the cases and sleeves. Use the power of imagination and picture them full of games!

Now construct a mental image combining the cases with the games. Wooha!

Reading Rainbow is made possible by a grant from the national science foundation, the corporation for public broadcasting, the financial support of viewers like you, and by a grant from Kellogs, who reminds you to take time each day for reading.

Well, I think I may have screwed myself out of the chance to check out the half rack of PS1/N64 games my local EB had just 2-3 weeks ago. I went in there the other day, only finding Nuclear Strike and Command & Conquer and found out that the half rack of games had been reduced to a shoebox half filled with games.

So, either someone on CAG is a fuckin hoarder and cleaned them out of games(since I did stupidly mention the only 2 local stores with PS1/N64 games left) or they were ordered to move over 75% of their games to the only other local store I know of with them in stock.

Either way, it sucks, since I had a feeling that place WAS a gold mine, if I'd only checked it when they had ALL the games there still.

But, that's what I get for not checking every single game(in those annoying paper sleeves) prior to leaving the store that LAST time.

Just got back from two different stores. One I had gotten the previously mention PSOne games from and the other from one I didn't think would even have anything.

Got a nicer haul this time around. The following prices are from 85% off.

Nintendo 64
Banjo-Tooie - $1.95
F-Zero X - $1.20
Goemon's Great Adventure - $2.25
Jet Force Gemini - $0.45
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - $2.25
Mario Party - $2.70
Mario Tennis - $2.70
Perfect Dark - $0.75
Pokemon Puzzle League - $1.95
Star Fox 64 - $0.75
Super Mario 64 - $2.25
Super Smash Bros. - $2.25

PlayStation
Mega Man Legends - $1.20
Mega Man X5 - $0.75

Dreamcast
Ecco the Dolphin - $1.20

Add 6% sales tax

Total: $26.08

Awesome part was that the first store told me to come back on Sunday for some sort of buy 2 used, get a certain percent off deal that would be coming up. Especially awesome when they said they'd likely be getting shipped more older game.

I've bought out my whole gamestop, i spend at least 600 bucks or more.
Minus the sports and stuff. Going from Orginal Nintendo to Snes and Genesis...and a shit load of Ps1 games and N64. I feel kinda poor now but every day is Game day...so im living my dream....And i took all the bad sport games that i bought by accident and crappy nes games and traded it to a store like EB called CGX (console game exchange) towards a $49.95 copy of dracula X for Snes....i got 27 bucks of credit and payed like 22 bucks for the game. Now im at home playing games ever day... what a nice life i got. I also made a list of what games i got on excel just for the ps1 games that were cd only...took 2 hours...anyways.....if i get bored i list the highlights of my findings and maybe some pictures?... by the way i live in florida. :bouncy:

Actually did some exploring. Found another hidden GameStop with an entirely large rack filled with PSOne and N64 games. Unfortunately, the PSOne section was a little disappointing. I did manage to nab some of the better N64 games, though.

Following is marked down 85%.

1080 Degrees Snowboarding - $0.75 (Was $4.99)
Bust-A-Move 2: Arcade Edition - $1.80 (Was $11.99)
Bust-A-Move '99 - $1.80 (Was $11.99; mistakenly labeled as BAM 2)
Donkey Kong 64 - $1.20 (Was $7.99)
The New Tetris - $3.75 (Was $24.99)
Paper Mario - $4.50 (Was $29.99)
Pokemon Snap - $0.45 (Was $2.99)
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron - $0.75 (Was $4.99)

PSOne Gex: Enter the Gecko - $0.45 (Accidentally given EtG instead of Gex 3; no complaints though)

I called about 6 stores and they said they sent all their old stuff to one giant mall store. I went and the pickens were slim. They had 3 Elmo N64 games and about 100 PS1 games. The good stuff (and I use that term loosely)

PS1
------
Loose:

NBA Jam TE
C-12 The Resistance
Beyond the Beyond
Project Overkill
Time Crisis
Time Crisis Project Titan
Lethal Enforcers 1 and 2

Complete:

Die Hard Trilogy
Die Hard Trilogy 2
Syphon Filter 3

I got all those for $15

The rest were Madden Coasters.

[quote name='Tsukento']Actually did some exploring. Found another hidden GameStop with an entirely large rack filled with PSOne and N64 games. Unfortunately, the PSOne section was a little disappointing. I did manage to nab some of the better N64 games, though.

Following is marked down 85%.

1080 Degrees Snowboarding - $0.75 (Was $4.99)
Bust-A-Move 2: Arcade Edition - $1.80 (Was $11.99)
Bust-A-Move '99 - $1.80 (Was $11.99; mistakenly labeled as BAM 2)
Donkey Kong 64 - $1.20 (Was $7.99)
The New Tetris - $3.75 (Was $24.99)
Paper Mario - $4.50 (Was $29.99)
Pokemon Snap - $0.45 (Was $2.99)
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron - $0.75 (Was $4.99)

PSOne Gex: Enter the Gecko - $0.45 (Accidentally given EtG instead of Gex 3; no complaints though)[/quote]

You lucky dawg, you scored a paper mario!

[quote name='Jagwarlord']You lucky dawg, you scored a paper mario![/quote]
Yeah, tell me about it. It was the one game I was looking around for and they only had one copy left. Insta-yoinked. The site says they have Xenogears, but I didn't find a single copy...

Gonna have to go back and check their binders that show their inventory. >_>

[quote name='Tsukento']Now if only 98% of us actually had a damn GameStop that still carried these games and actual good ones. >:|[/quote]

Exactly, mine stopped carrying old games a long time ago.

You people are so lucky. I went to replace my refurbished PS2 and looked around. First I spot an N64 controller but quickly realize it is 3rd party and put it back. I don't see anything for a while but then I notice about 3-4 racks of PS1/N64 stuff. I was like OMG I hit the fucking jackpot. There was probably 3 racks of n64 stuff and 2 racks of ps1 actually, with a bunch of PS1 games being sleeve only. I look through everything and every single game is either Madden, Blitz, NBA Courtside, or some PS1 game called Snowboarders 2 or something. Ugh I actually found Metal Gear Solid VR Missions, Battlestations, and I got Blitz 2000. Total was $2.75.

[quote name='Tsukento']Yeah, tell me about it. It was the one game I was looking around for and they only had one copy left. Insta-yoinked. The site says they have Xenogears, but I didn't find a single copy...

Gonna have to go back and check their binders that show their inventory. >_>[/QUOTE]

So what are the odds that an employee will show you their inventory binder?

All I did was ask at another store and they let me browse through it. I tried asking in the one I got Paper Mario from, but they were kinda busy and were close to closing, so I felt it was better to just let them handle the other customers that were busting their chops.

Today's haul:

I dropped by an out-of-the way store that I had previously raided for N64 stuff (grabbed Diddy Kong, Mario Kart, Mario 64, and a handful of other decent stuff) but hadn't had a chance to poke around at their PSX stuff. I tackled those today, and spent half an hour poring through their four shelves of PSX games. I also poked around in the N64 stuff again for anything I might have missed or new additions, and I checked out their accessories.

My haul:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]N64:
Blast Corps
Pokemon Puzzle League
Space Station Silicon Valley (x3)
Robotron 4
Madden 2000 ($0.15!)
Donkey Kong 64

PSX:
Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 1
Bust A Move '99
DeathTrap Dungeon
Dino Crisis
Hearts of Darkness
Jet Moto 2
Oddworld: Abe's Exodus
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve II
Persona 2
Quake II (Complete!)
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi
Time Crisis
The X-Files (x 2 and a half)

Accessories (all $0.89 apiece after Edge discount, no 75% off but they were already reduced to a buck apiece anyway.):
RumblePak, Nintendo Branded (x3)
Game Boy Transfer Pak (x2)
Playstation Controller, Sony Branded (x3)

And just because they were 0.12-0.30 apiece and complete (and to go with a PSX I snagged at a garage sale for $2):
NFL Game Day '97
Triple Play 2000
Madden '99
Madden 2000
Jimmy Johnson's VR Football

My new Game Informer finally came, so I brought it for the coupon (thought I'd get another $3 off of Persona 2), but the employee on duty told me that I couldn't use it with other discounts...which I should have pressed on, because it's supposed to supplement the Edge card, which was valid on the clearanced merchandise. Has anyone else tried using theirs with any luck?

The grand total for all of the above was about $35 and change. =D
[/FONT]

*ponders* Althought I have a fairly good grasp of what's good and what isn't, what games are fun, which are common, which are hard to come by, are there any obscure titles to be looking out for? Anything a CAG'er should pick up for the $0.50 clearance price simply due to rarity/obscurity or eBay/trade value?

bread's done
Back