75% off New original xbox games, GC and GBA at FYE

Anyone else spotted this out in the wild? For months now, all new XBox, GC and GBA games have been stuck at 50% off, which is still too much for me to take a chance on some "questionable" backlog filler that lines the shelves at FYE ;)

Last time I went was about a week and a half ago, and it was still only 50%. Would love it if this changed, as I'll be swinging by an FYE tomorrow morning.

Its 75% now, I can confirm. I bought 6-7 GBA games for 1.25-2.50. They still had the sign up for 50% off but they were ringing up 75%. Not much left for Xbox but did buy a copy of Unreal 2 for 0.75

Any signs of ps2 clearance? I know there have been a ton of b1g1 rebates/normal b1g1 but a 50% off ps2 or something like that would be awesome considering some of the games are overpriced right now.

Can confirm at my local FYE. Definitely some decent stuff to be had for very cheap.

Some of my better findings...
Oddworld Strangers Wrath for $1.99
Psychonauts for $2.50
Final Fantasy VI Advance - $4.99
Max Payne 2 - $0.50
Destroy All Humans 2 - $1.75

It's been 75% off at my closest location for the longest time. I'm surprised this wasn't the case everywhere.

It came in handy when a pleading 6 year old was in the mood to get a football game at the start of August... a brand-new NFL 2k5 for $2.50. (I had forgotten just how impressive that game was in the intervening five years.)

My Sam Goody store has about ten copies of Unreal II new. >_>; We don't really have that many Xbox/GBA games new, but the majority of games are on clearance, anyway... I guess it kind of balances out. XP

Damn, I wish I knew of an FYE other than one I've been to near the Memphis area. I don't remember that one carrying video games that old, though...

I was at FYE yesterday and the old games were still 50% off. I didn't actually ask because I didn't know they had dropped at other stores. The store I go to is really on top of keeping things marked, so I'm pretty sure it would have been noted if the price was lower.

I will definitely keep an eye out though and will check if I can get back there sometime... My FYE did have some really, really sweet deals going on for other games though. I think I could have spent $300 easy if I got everything I wanted :D

I snagged Sudeki for 0.90 on xbox and Killer 7 on Gamecube for $2.25 after MVP card. Almost makes me sick to think I paid almost full price for a lot of Xbox and Gamecube games about 6 years ago.

Xbox games I've picked up from FYE over the past year:

Breakdown: $1.25
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time: $1.25
Red Dead Revolver: $2.00
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow: $2.50
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30: $2.99

Also saw Unreal II (kind of pointless at any price, considering that Gamestop sells the Unreal Anthology for $1.99) and the Tony Hawk Underground/American Wasteland/Project 8 games.

Wow. I nailed a great haul this morning. Thanks for the heads up, OP! Both of the XBox Live 12mo. subs I picked up worked without a hitch, btw, so keep your eyes out for them, folks.

GBA
Mega Man Zero 3- $2.50
GC
Super Mario Sunshine- $1.25
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door- $1.25
Pikmin 2- $0.75
Resident Evil Zero- $1.25
XBox
XBox Live 12mo. sub w/Crimson Skies- $18.75
XBox Live 12mo. sub w/Mechassault- $14.07
Toe Jam & Earl 3- $2.50
Tony Hawk 2X- $1.00
Blitz: The League- $1.25
Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy- $1.25
Spider-Man: The Movie 2- $1.00
Legacy of Kain: Defiance- $1.25
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows- $1.25
Karaoke Revolution w/Mic- $2.50
Marvel Ultimate Alliance- $1.25
Genma Onimusha- $1.25
Midtown Madness 3- $1.25
State of Emergency- $1.00
Syberia- $1.00
Thief: Deadly Shadows- $2.50
Sega Soccer Slam- $1.25
TOCA Race Driver 2 w/Colin McRae Rally 4- $1.00

Anyone knows if the "new" XBox games at FYE are actually new or re-packaged? I saw some with shrink wrap that looked like FYE did them (flimsy, heat shrunk packing), and also some games with the Y-folds.

Still a great price regardless (most games are $1 or so after the discount), but for collection's sake (since I doubt I'll have the time to play them with my current backlog), I thought it'll be good to know one way or the other.

Thanks!

Went to another FYE and I was able to snag;

Xbox:
Beyond Good and Evil - 2.50
Dead or Alive Ultimate Collection - 7.50
Legacy of Kain - 1.25
Ninja Gaiden - 6.25
Soul Cailbur 2 - 1.00
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2x - 1.00

[quote name='estofan']Anyone knows if the "new" XBox games at FYE are actually new or re-packaged? I saw some with shrink wrap that looked like FYE did them (flimsy, heat shrunk packing), and also some games with the Y-folds.

Still a great price regardless (most games are $1 or so after the discount), but for collection's sake (since I doubt I'll have the time to play them with my current backlog), I thought it'll be good to know one way or the other.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Some are original seals but most were originally display copies that were opened and FYE and were just reshrinked. Be wary of FYE's display copies because I've had them open their resealed games up for me in the past prior to purchasing and they contained scratches, so I declined.

I have stayed away from any game that looks as if it was resealed. Basically if it doesn't have the "Y" fold then I don't get it. Or in the case of GBA games, the horizontal seal.

[quote name='dave auto']Wow. I nailed a great haul this morning. Thanks for the heads up, OP! Both of the XBox Live 12mo. subs I picked up worked without a hitch, btw, so keep your eyes out for them, folks.

GBA
Mega Man Zero 3- $2.50
GC
Super Mario Sunshine- $1.25
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door- $1.25
Pikmin 2- $0.75
Resident Evil Zero- $1.25
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think pretty much hate you. I know of like 2 or 3 FYE locations nearby and the one at the mall cleared out their games a while ago. Never been to the other two.

That's a great score.

[quote name='GDKN-403']Yeah, I think pretty much hate you. I know of like 2 or 3 FYE locations nearby and the one at the mall cleared out their games a while ago. Never been to the other two.[/QUOTE]
Don't feel bad, the only F.Y.E. in my town got rid of their games, like, a month after I moved here. The one I scored at this morning is nearly an hour and a half from home; I never would have gone if I didn't have to head past that way for work today (it was the Victor, NY location at Eastview Mall, btw).

About the shrinkwrap... Earlier this year I found a "new" copy of Beyond Good & Evil for Xbox at F.Y.E. that had been re-packaged. Then work got busy and I didn't open it for a few months. When I finally cracked it open, it was the PS2 version inside :(

From now on, anything I get from F.Y.E. gets opened and checked ASAP ;)

[quote name='Rozz']Some are original seals but most were originally display copies that were opened and FYE and were just reshrinked. Be wary of FYE's display copies because I've had them open their resealed games up for me in the past prior to purchasing and they contained scratches, so I declined.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I definitely agree, I would always check them if they have been re-sealed, better safe than sorry.

I've been lucky so far, I've bought 3 or 4 games that were opened at my store (they weren't resealed, just the last copy from display) and so far they have all been in perfect shape. The store I go to most often seems to be a great store but there is another one that I've been to a few times that doesn't seem like they would be as reliable. I think it is a lot like Gamestop where you can find a diamond once and a while.

I know at my stores that all the older, new, games seem to have the original shrink wrap and they re-wrap all of the used games and then put them in a plastic security case, but they are very easy to notice because they look more like they were wrapped in saran wrap than the original shrink.

The one store by me had 75% Playstation 2 games finally. They had that percentage off the xbox/gamecube/gba games for a while, but never for the PS2 games. I got about 100 games for $175. Al lot of them rang up for between $.50-$1.75. Lots of RPGs and black label games were there, even launch ps2 games. I guess FYE couldn't get rid of the games at the old prices. Best deals were Xenosaga III's for $1.75 and Socom and Singstar bundles with the headsets or mics for $2.

[quote name='salt_peanuts']The one store by me had 75% Playstation 2 games finally. They had that percentage off the xbox/gamecube/gba games for a while, but never for the PS2 games. I got about 100 games for $175. Al lot of them rang up for between $.50-$1.75. Lots of RPGs and black label games were there, even launch ps2 games. I guess FYE couldn't get rid of the games at the old prices. Best deals were Xenosaga III's for $1.75 and Socom and Singstar bundles with the headsets or mics for $2.[/QUOTE]

Wow -- I may have to check this out now ;-)

It was palasades Mall store in NY. Sorry in advance because I did clean them out pretty good, but they did have some cheap kids games that are good for Toys for Tots, so I can make someones holidays better cheaply :) There still is a lot left, but mostly kids games and older titles. They didn't have much good for Xbox and even less for Gamecube. I didn't see any GBA games at this location at all.

[quote name='salt_peanuts']It was palasades Mall store in NY. Sorry in advance because I did clean them out pretty good, but they did have some cheap kids games that are good for Toys for Tots, so I can make someones holidays better cheaply :) There still is a lot left, but mostly kids games and older titles. They didn't have much good for Xbox and even less for Gamecube. I didn't see any GBA games at this location at all.[/QUOTE]

Wow live about 20 minutes from Nyack. May have to check out whatever is left, lol.

[quote name='salt_peanuts']It was palasades Mall store in NY. Sorry in advance because I did clean them out pretty good, but they did have some cheap kids games that are good for Toys for Tots, so I can make someones holidays better cheaply :) There still is a lot left, but mostly kids games and older titles. They didn't have much good for Xbox and even less for Gamecube. I didn't see any GBA games at this location at all.[/QUOTE]
Son of a bitch! I hit this store the last time they had a deal on the PS2 games which was B1G1 back a few months ago & had cleaned them out good then. They must have gotten a new shipment of games because I had bought Xenosaga III there as well.
Xbox was cleaned out by me there the last time they had the 75% off too. I think I walked out of there with like 80-100 games that night. Well, thanks for posting anyway because that store is a bit out of my way & it's not worth it for me to go check it out now if you hit up the PS2 games this time around. Nice score on XS III:)

Man, I was just in that neck of the woods last week! The FYE where I scored my haul yesterday was sooo overstocked with PS2, it got me wondering when the heck they were gonna start clearing them out along with the other last-gen stuff.

Gonna have to keep my eyes peeled for whenever they decide to initiate this drop up here in WNY. Was there any signage to alert you to the 75% off PS2? All the signage in my store still said 50% Xbox, GC and GBA. I wouldn't have known they had gone to 75% if not for CAG (thanks again, OP).

[quote name='dave auto']
About the shrinkwrap... Earlier this year I found a "new" copy of Beyond Good & Evil for Xbox at F.Y.E. that had been re-packaged. Then work got busy and I didn't open it for a few months. When I finally cracked it open, it was the PS2 version inside :(

From now on, anything I get from F.Y.E. gets opened and checked ASAP ;)[/QUOTE]

Dang, I'd better go check my "shrink-wrapped" new Xbox games I picked up from FYE when I get the chance... although I made certain to buy new titles with the MS seal still intact (there was some tagged as new and missing the MS seal and was obviously rewrapped).

Thanks everyone for the info. I guess I'll stick to Y-folds to be safe.

I haven't been to FYE in a long time but they had some cash "new" GBA games, looks like I'm heading down there today.

Fingers crossed nobody bought those copies of Astro Boy they had last time.

[quote name='dave auto']Don't feel bad, the only F.Y.E. in my town got rid of their games, like, a month after I moved here. The one I scored at this morning is nearly an hour and a half from home; I never would have gone if I didn't have to head past that way for work today (it was the Victor, NY location at Eastview Mall, btw).

From now on, anything I get from F.Y.E. gets opened and checked ASAP ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha shoot...that's my FYE. They must have gotten those gamecube games recently cause they weren't there a month ago. Hopefully there will still be some good stuff left when i get back for thanksgiving :whistle2:k

[quote name='dave auto']Man, I was just in that neck of the woods last week! The FYE where I scored my haul yesterday was sooo overstocked with PS2, it got me wondering when the heck they were gonna start clearing them out along with the other last-gen stuff.

Gonna have to keep my eyes peeled for whenever they decide to initiate this drop up here in WNY. Was there any signage to alert you to the 75% off PS2? All the signage in my store still said 50% Xbox, GC and GBA. I wouldn't have known they had gone to 75% if not for CAG (thanks again, OP).[/QUOTE]

There was only a little tiny sign above the PS2 games, maybe 5"x5". It isn't hard to miss it. I also had never seen anything good in that store and just happened to walk in by chance. It's a pretty high traffic mall so I figured they wouldn't have anything good. I already had plenty of xbox and GC games from another store, so the fact they had 75% off ps2 games worked out well. They told me they were getting rid of everything soon to make shelf space for newer stuff. I don't know where the leftover games will go.

Also, other stores I had went to in NY have only had buy one get one free ps2 forever and didn't seem to be marking them down anytime soon. They also rang up tag price at these stores, whereas at the Palisades store, a lot rang up much cheaper than the tag price before discount, which surprised me. I'm pretty sure this particular sale was only at this location since they're a mall store and they seem to rearrange their stock a lot to put the high sellers up front.

Went to an FYE today that had 100+ GBA sealed games. The other 3 FYEs I went to may have had 3-4 sealed GBA games combined. Me thinks this FYE had them sent or something. Decent titles too. Mostly all for 1-3$.

bread's done
Back