75% off PC Titles at store.thq.com (7/16 - 7/20)

mbierden

CAG Veteran
http://store.thq.com - 75% off all PC titles exclusing preorder products:).

Includes:
Company of Heroes®
Company of Heroes®: Tales of Valor™
Company of Heroes®: Opposing Fronts™
Metro 2033
Red Faction®: Guerrilla™
Supreme Commander™
Supreme Commander™: Forged Alliance
Supreme Commander™ Gold Edition
Titan Quest™
Titan Quest™: Immortal Throne™
Titan Quest™ Gold Edition
Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® - Chaos Rising
Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II
Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® - Dark Crusade™
ETC

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely in for Metro - but does someone have experienced with the EDS thing? Is there any reason I can't just backup the downloadable install myself?

Don't know about the other games, but I bought DOW:II from them and the serial can be registered on Steam. Did that a few months ago.

[quote name='reininop']Don't know about the other games, but I bought DOW:II from them and the serial can be registered on Steam. Did that a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean it can be played through Steam?

[quote name='TheBomb69']Does that mean it can be played through Steam?[/QUOTE]

yes, you register the serial through steam and it's just like you bought it from them and it can be downloaded through the Steam service from then on.

[quote name='reininop']yes, you register the serial through steam and it's just like you bought it from them and it can be downloaded through the Steam service from then on.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info man. Also thanks for the post OP. Also I believe Metro 2033 is a key you can register on steam as well if you look at the retail cd key list. However I can't link because I'm a new user lol.

Should I play Dawn of War 2 before Chaos Rising? I only want one right now, but I've heard that Chaos Rising improved a lot of things from Dawn of War 2.

[quote name='reininop']yes, you register the serial through steam and it's just like you bought it from them and it can be downloaded through the Steam service from then on.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir. Makes the choice that much easier. Chaos Rising and Metro for $20 is awesome.

Hmm, I don't see Chaos Rising listed on the steam keys page. Hopefully I am able to add it. I just assumed I could since that's how it was for Dawn of War II....

[quote name='Brownjohn']Should I play Dawn of War 2 before Chaos Rising? I only want one right now, but I've heard that Chaos Rising improved a lot of things from Dawn of War 2.[/QUOTE]
They are both great games with different pros and cons. Personally, I liked DOW 2 a bit better than Chaos Rising. You also get Last Stand no matter which version you buy and Last Stand is freaking amazing.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Hmm, I don't see Chaos Rising listed on the steam keys page. Hopefully I am able to add it. I just assumed I could since that's how it was for Dawn of War II....[/QUOTE]

To answer myself, Steam is required for it just like DOWII, so now I just need to wait for my email from THQ.

[quote name='Ryukahn']To answer myself, Steam is required for it just like DOWII, so now I just need to wait for my email from THQ.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, your self-answer was very helpful to me as well ;)

"Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed and you will be notified of the result shortly."

How long did it take people to get the email?

[quote name='svtcobrastang1984']wait...so you can't register chaos rising?[/QUOTE]

You can and actually have to. It just wasn't listed as a separate key elgible game on the key registering page of Steam.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']"Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed and you will be notified of the result shortly."

How long did it take people to get the email?[/QUOTE]

*Edit* Got my e-mail. Took about 45 minutes. And my keys work on steam, yay :). Sweet deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brownjohn']Should I play Dawn of War 2 before Chaos Rising? I only want one right now, but I've heard that Chaos Rising improved a lot of things from Dawn of War 2.[/QUOTE]

Chaos Rising is a lot more difficult so if you are new to the genre get the first.

What's everyone's opinion of Metro 2033? Game looks interesting as I've heard positive things about it, but not sure if it's one of those games I'll be able to pick up on a Steam deal over Black Friday for $5.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']What's everyone's opinion of Metro 2033? Game looks interesting as I've heard positive things about it, but not sure if it's one of those games I'll be able to pick up on a Steam deal over Black Friday for $5.[/QUOTE]

While I personally have no interest in it, it's retail price is $50, so I can't see it being that cheap in only a few months.

[quote name='Ryukahn']While I personally have no interest in it, it's retail price is $50, so I can't see it being that cheap in only a few months.[/QUOTE]
Yea that is true, I think I though Steam had it on sale for cheaper, rather than the $24.99 they just had it for. Thanks

Has anyone played Metro 2033 on PC? How does it run? I'm curious what's the difference between the console and PC, good and bad.

It took a good 15 - 20 minutes for me to receive the email. And I was able to take the CD key for Metro 2033 and register it with Steam.

Thanks OP! $12.50 is a pretty good price for Metro 2033. I could see it going for $10 this Christmas maybe, but I'm willing to take the $2.50 hit to play it earlier.

Saints Row 2 is $5 and can be registered on Steam too. Great game. Sure, the optimization is not perfect, but this is not a game that really needs absolutely perfect running conditions. I was constantly crashing into stuff and running people over whether the game was lagging or not -- because that's just fun and is the point. I know that this sounds like a back-handed compliment, but its not. Definitely worth $5.

Stalker: Shadows of Chernobyl is $5 too, but cannot be registered on Steam. Has been that price elsewhere before, so you don't have to buy it at this sale, but you do have to buy eventually. One of the best games I've played in years. Most modern games have around %15 of the ambition that this game has. Download the Stalker Complete 2009 mod -- it fixes most of the bugs and makes lots of important tweaks.

[quote name='JPWasko']Has anyone played Metro 2033 on PC? How does it run? I'm curious what's the difference between the console and PC, good and bad.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played it but everything I've heard is that the PC version is much much better. There are enemies that require a greater amount of precision in controls than the gamepad can handle, better performance, etc. I'll be finding out soon as I'll be picking this up. Thanks OP!

Saints Row 2 is $5 and can be registered on Steam too. Great game. Sure, the optimization is not perfect, but this is not a game that really needs absolutely perfect running conditions. I was constantly crashing into stuff and running people over whether the game was lagging or not -- because that's just fun and is the point. I know that this sounds like a back-handed compliment, but its not. Definitely worth $5.
I was going to jump on this assuming I can definitely register on Steam. Can anyone confirm?

Also, how does SR2 compare to GTA4 vanilla? I LOVED GTA4, but I think it was mostly for the ambience and story, so make of that what you will. SR2 worth $5 and a few hours?

[quote name='mikespit1']I was going to jump on this assuming I can definitely register on Steam. Can anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Metro 2033, Saint's Row 2, Warhammer: Dawn of War II, and Warhammer: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising all activate on Steam.

I'd stay away from Saint's Row though. I bought it over a year ago from the Direct2Drive sale for $5 and the optimization is horrible. The cars seem to have no friction and just slide around. Stick with the console version of the game which doesn't have those issues.

[quote name='JPWasko']Has anyone played Metro 2033 on PC? How does it run? I'm curious what's the difference between the console and PC, good and bad.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played it myself, but from what I've read it is currently one of the most beastly games to run, i.e. can really tax your hardware.

@Brownjohn: If you're just getting one, I'd go with DOW II; to me, the campaign was longer and you get the (apparently popular) MP mode The Last Stand with either one. Maybe it was because I enjoyed the games so much, but it felt like I blazed through the CR campaign.

@Mikespit1: SR2 and the DOW II games all require Steam. The DOWII games actually also require Games for Windows Live; make sure your client is updated or you may have trouble logging in.

I didn't really have any of the problems SScorpio is describing with SR2; it plays just fine on my PC and it was easily the most fun I've had with any GTA clone (and one I could actually finish at that).

Saint's Row 2 was amazing on console, one of the best games of the year imo. I love Sandbox games like this and GTA4 and Crackdown. The great thing about Saint's Row 2 is that it doesn't take itself seriously and just wants you to have fun, something I feel GTA4 lacked.

I can't however speak for the PC version as I have not played it on that medium.

Not valid on pre-orders, didn't even know Darksiders was coming for PC. I've already got most of the ones from this sale that I want either in box or on Steam.

Need a bit of advice from the CagNation. Looking to choose the best FPS for a quick romp this weekend. Do I go with Crysis Warhead (50% off EA Store) or Metro 2033 (75% THQ Store)? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

bread's done
Back