75% off PC Titles at store.thq.com (7/16 - 7/20)

mbierden

CAG Veteran
http://store.thq.com - 75% off all PC titles exclusing preorder products:).

Includes:
Company of Heroes®
Company of Heroes®: Tales of Valor™
Company of Heroes®: Opposing Fronts™
Metro 2033
Red Faction®: Guerrilla™
Supreme Commander™
Supreme Commander™: Forged Alliance
Supreme Commander™ Gold Edition
Titan Quest™
Titan Quest™: Immortal Throne™
Titan Quest™ Gold Edition
Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® - Chaos Rising
Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II
Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® - Dark Crusade™
ETC

Last edited by a moderator:
Would anybody recommend Juiced 2 over NFS: Undercover or vice-versa? Both are on sale this week (THQ/Impulse) and I'm seeking some input. Thanks.

Dang. I wish I had waited on Metro 2033. The game was good and looks great but half the price a month after the steam sale!

Not a bad sale at all. I'm looking at Saints Row 2 for $5 and possibly the first Red Faction for $2.50.

Thanks for the heads up on this, mbierden!

I just got my confirmation email, an hour and 20 minutes after placing the order. Everyone who's waiting, just sit tight, it'll come eventually... ;)

Just saw that Metro 2033 is one of the short list of games that is certified as Nvidia 3D Vision ready. That, and being able to register the key on Steam, seals it. Can't wait to play this in S3D.

[quote name='henrylin22']I would love to buy a few games here, but the EDS completely ruins it, I'll wait for Steam or D2D[/QUOTE]

Well I'm pretty sure it just gives you an installation .EXE file along with your CD key. Burn those to a disc and take care of it like any other retail game you would buy, and you shouldn't have a problem. I just removed the EDS from my cart.

But beyond that, some of these games can be activated on Steam. Metro 2033 for sure along with some (or all?) of the Dawn of War II titles (someone else will have to clear that one up for me)

Edit: Nevermind, the EXE it's giving me is called "Metro2033_DownloadManager.exe". I don't know what it is or if it will download an installation exe or not. I'm just activating it on Steam, not going to bother with THQ's download.

Here's the list again, of games that can be activated on Steam. We've, additionally heard that both DOWII games, original and Chaos Rising will register over Steam.

Just do what we're doing, and get the games that you can register on Steam. It's win-win! I had little interest in Metro before, but at this price... It got some scathing reviews from IGN and 1UP, for annoying stealth sections, poor human AI, and glitches. Has any of that been fixed?

I'm still debating Saints Row 2, since I already played through the game on the PS3. (Awful framerate on the PS3 version, by the way.)

Is Red Faction 1 worth it at $2.50?

[quote name='JPWasko']Need a bit of advice from the CagNation. Looking to choose the best FPS for a quick romp this weekend. Do I go with Crysis Warhead (50% off EA Store) or Metro 2033 (75% THQ Store)? Any recommendations would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I would pick up the original Crysis instead of Warhead if you haven't already played it. IMO Warhead was the wrong direction for Crysis, they kept the worst parts of the original game. The best part of Crysis was the open combat of the first few levels, when it funneled down into a linear experience it wasn't nearly as good. Warhead focused more on funneling you down a path to try and control the story more.

[quote name='JPWasko']Need a bit of advice from the CagNation. Looking to choose the best FPS for a quick romp this weekend. Do I go with Crysis Warhead (50% off EA Store) or Metro 2033 (75% THQ Store)? Any recommendations would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Don't have Metro yet (this sale will fix that though), but Crysis Warhead is a great "quick romp". Blow up lots of stuff, drive through buildings, rapid-fire grenade launcher, and you can do lots of sections stealthily if you want too. Metro I think is more serious and slower-paced, at least from what I've heard.

(Although I do agree with msdmoney that if you can, play Crysis first. I disagree with his review of Warhead -- I thought it was a lot of fun, and nearly as good as Crysis. But yeah, Crysis was better than Warhead. However, if you're pressed for time, Warhead is like 5 hours while Crysis is 10+)

I am thinking about Metro 2033, but I am wary about my rig running it.

Anyone care to chime in on how system intensive it is?
I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 4 GB memory, 8800 GT. Getting long in the tooth, but it is still chugging along and handles most of the games I play. Metro 2033 would probably be the most "newest" tech wise.

P.S. Thanks OP, good deals here!

Dawn of War 2 and its expansion are confirmed to work on Steam... in fact, Steam is the ONLY way to play them, as both games have Steamworks.

Weird that Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising wasn't so cheap on the Steam Summer sale, but whatever, finally getting it.

Both DoW 2 and Chaos Rising use Games for Windows Live and both have achievements on Live, as well.

I bought Metro 2033 during the summer sale.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAWK.

Anyway, it's a great game, super atmospheric, but it is a beast to run. Their config sucks balls too. To get it to show my FPS, I had to hand edit THREE different .ini files.

hmm - interesting. checking out a few titles now, thanks OP!

*edit* Picked up Red Faction:Guerrilla - almost snagged it during the Steam sale. Kind of wish I could register it on Steam. Oh well :)

Finally got Chaos Rising and couldn't resist Metro 2033. Being able to use them in Steam and avoid THQ download / EDS is just icing on the cake after those prices.

Great job OP!

I might pick up Metro 2033 at that price, though it may be too much of a pig for my machine. Also tempted to get Soulstorm for $7.50 since that's the one DoW1 expansion I never bought and I can register it to Steam. Heard it's kinda crappy though so I might talk myself out of it.

What the hell? Just noticed that Soulstorm is no longer on the list of keys you can register to Steam, even though I know it used to be. Anyone know if it got yanked or if the list is wrong?

It took me about 30-40 minutes to get mine earlier today for Metro 2033. But it didn't have the activation key in it, just the order number. I had to use that order number to look up my order and find my activation key. It worked fine though, just an extra hoop I had to jump through (which I'm cool with since the game was so damn cheap). ;)

Good deal, thanks OP. Can Titan Quest be activated on Steam?

Edit: Just looked it up on Steam's site, and NO. dangit. Oh well I bought it anyway.

I got the Steam THQ pack during the sale a few weeks ago so I have most of the games. I might pick up Supreme Commander though, as those aren't on Steam.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']What's everyone's opinion of Metro 2033? Game looks interesting as I've heard positive things about it, but not sure if it's one of those games I'll be able to pick up on a Steam deal over Black Friday for $5.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed Metro 2033, great game. Pushed my system to the limit though.

How will a Radeon HD 4890 play it? I don't know jack about graphics cards other than the 4890 was a good card when I bought it. I've got a Core i7 and 6 gigs of RAM so I'm good on the other specs.

And when I register a game on Steam, do I download it through Steam, too?

Thinking about both Dawn of War 2 and Chaos Rising, Steam activation is a plus.

Also, I want Red Faction 1 and 2 at those prices, I wish Steam would have a sale sometime on them....

Metro 2033 looks like it's going to be really good. I played it for a few minutes, then my kids came in my office while a scene with some adult language was on, so I killed it. The little time I played it, it seemed to run well at 1920x1080, in stereoscopic 3D, on my PC. The S3D is outstanding, even better than Batman AA I think.

So I try and order metro 2033 and i get this message: The following products are restricted by the billing country you specified.

You may go back and change your billing information, or you may continue with your specified billing country and have the following items removed from your order:
  1. Metro 2033

meh! I changed the billing address to one my relatives are at in the states, but it says it has to match the one on file with the cc company, so it probably won't go through. :( I'm in Canada btw. what gives?

update: yep, so my order was cancelled. Not sure if this sale is only for the states or what. Guess i'll have to wait for a steam sale for it.

Metro is a better value if length matters. I think Crysis Warhead took me about 3 hours to finish. If you were a big Crysis fan though, Warhead is more of the same but much improved. I was not a huge fan of Crysis but I really like Warhead a lot.

[quote name='Logain8955']To get it to show my FPS, I had to hand edit THREE different .ini files.[/QUOTE]

Or you could just run fraps

oh and in for metro 2033, thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='saad77']So I try and order metro 2033 and i get this message: The following products are restricted by the billing country you specified.

You may go back and change your billing information, or you may continue with your specified billing country and have the following items removed from your order:
  1. Metro 2033
meh! I changed the billing address to one my relatives are at in the states, but it says it has to match the one on file with the cc company, so it probably won't go through. :( I'm in Canada btw. what gives?

update: yep, so my order was cancelled. Not sure if this sale is only for the states or what. Guess i'll have to wait for a steam sale for it.[/QUOTE]

you could find a kind soul that would purchase it for you and simply email the code and you gift the amount via paypal in return. Just a thought.

[quote name='qwerty1']

you could find a kind soul that would purchase it for you and simply email the code and you gift the amount via paypal in return. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

yep, already found a kind soul to do just that!

bread's done
Back