75% off PC Titles at store.thq.com (7/16 - 7/20)

mbierden

CAG Veteran
http://store.thq.com - 75% off all PC titles exclusing preorder products:).

Includes:
Company of Heroes®
Company of Heroes®: Tales of Valor™
Company of Heroes®: Opposing Fronts™
Metro 2033
Red Faction®: Guerrilla™
Supreme Commander™
Supreme Commander™: Forged Alliance
Supreme Commander™ Gold Edition
Titan Quest™
Titan Quest™: Immortal Throne™
Titan Quest™ Gold Edition
Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® - Chaos Rising
Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II
Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® - Dark Crusade™
ETC

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SqueeMK2']Ordered Metro 2033, still sitting around waiting for an email from them half an hour later.[/QUOTE]

Same here 2 hours later.

[quote name='Roguestriker']I have a Quad Core, ATI HD 3850 256MB and 4GB RAM. Anyone know if it can play Metro 2033?[/QUOTE]
I'd say no. The 3850 won't let you play it. Even a 3870 can't play the game at 1280x1024:
Metro2033-GPUs-1280x.png

[quote name='Roguestriker']I have a Quad Core, ATI HD 3850 256MB and 4GB RAM. Anyone know if it can play Metro 2033?[/QUOTE]

You should be able to play it. It won't look the best, but Metro only requires DX9, so it'll be playable on a 3850. I'd get an upgrade soon if I were you - 5770s are getting cheap, and you'll see a nice improvement.

What's the speed of your quad-core?

I'd imagine you can play it, just not extremely well.

According to Rock Paper Shotgun, the games that will give you Steamworks codes include:

Metro 2033
DoW II & Chaos Rising
Saints Row 2

I'm bummed that Red Faction Guerrilla isn't on that Steam CD key list - I got it on Impulse a few months back, but I'd love to give RF:G to a friend for that price.

[quote name='kmv_007']According to Rock Paper Shotgun, the games that will give you Steamworks codes include:

Metro 2033
DoW II & Chaos Rising
Saints Row 2
[/QUOTE]

awesome thanks for the heads up

[quote name='Lkr721993']how does the thq download work? is it something I can save to a backup hard drive and burn to a dvd for safe keeping?[/QUOTE]
I'm currently downloading DOW2: Chaos Rising just to find out (already added the code to Steam which is where I'm actually using it) and so far the THQ client is downloading an 11 part RAR file, each part 700mb in size.

Picked up Metro. I was waiting for a sale like this - I told myself $20 is the absolute highest I'll pay so I was a tad pissed at the Steam Sale. Glad I waited! Thanks op!

I'd get Metro 2033 and put it on my Steam account, but I'm sooooooooooooooooo backlogged that I probably wouldn't get around to playing it until after they were dealing it for

Are all of these deals lasting the whole time of the sale, or are there different daily deals? I want to wait a day or two to purchase CoH since I am currently not at home

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Chaos Rising seems to come with a code for exclusive Librarian War Gear. Where do you input this code that seems to be similar to a CD-Key?[/QUOTE]Did you get the code with the email? I dont think I got one.

[quote name='kmv_007']You should be able to play it. It won't look the best, but Metro only requires DX9, so it'll be playable on a 3850. I'd get an upgrade soon if I were you - 5770s are getting cheap, and you'll see a nice improvement.

What's the speed of your quad-core?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would get a 5770 but SCII is coming out soon and I'm thinking about it haha.

My Quad Core is the Q6600 2.40 GHz

[quote name='Roguestriker']Yeah I would get a 5770 but SCII is coming out soon and I'm thinking about it haha.

My Quad Core is the Q6600 2.40 GHz[/QUOTE]

I'd probably be looking at one of the new GF 460's as it'll last a lot longer.

I loved this deal btw. Bought it, an hour later the email showed up and plugged the keys right into Steam. Awesome.

I wish all games had PC keys usable in Steam.

[quote name='friedram']

I'm not buying Metro 2033 because it doesn't support GFWL. I'll buy it for the 360 when it's cheaper

[/quote]

Now I've heard everything...

though Metro 2033 isn't a LIVE title, it is a Games for Windows title, so you can enjoy it from your couch with your 360 controller if you have a gaming computer in your home theater setup.

I played it this way last night after downloading and it was enjoyable, plus I'm betting it looks better on PC than console. When playing with the xbox 360 controller, it shows the buttons on screen ala Fallout 3 PC. The only game I have played a lot lately on the PC that has native 360 pad support that doesn't do this very well is Borderlands, but then again it isn't a GFW title either.

Only thing you are missing out on would be Achievements. If I get that hooked to the game, I'll just get the 360 version later when its this price (10 to 15) and play it again like I did with Fallout 3.

grabbed metro, not bad for just under 13 dorra. i mean damn i spent 35 dorra last week just on beer so why not spend half that on a game.

As the other poster mentioned, even though metro 2033 does not have gfwl support it was built with the 360 contoller in mind. I played with my kb/mouse and my 360 controller last night and actually ended up playing the game with the controller because it worked so well. Also, even though it does not have gfwl achievements it does have steam achievements If you need an achievement fix. :)

Btw, thanks to the original poster for getting this info out there. I picked up chaos rising and metro last for $20 total and I couldn't be happier. Being able to tie the games into steam was just icing on the cake.

[quote name='gamer1233']Did you get the code with the email? I dont think I got one.[/QUOTE]

Me either!

I remember getting a code for a special item via GFWL when I picked up the original DoWII from THQ UK in that deal a few months ago, but didn't get any code with the Expansion this time - I wondering if he's confusing the two, and got the code buying the Base game...

--Walburga

These prices are crazy!

I have to recommend Titan Quest to ANYONE anxiously awaiting Diablo 3. Immortal Throne is also worth it if it's just as cheap.

I also have to recommend Company of Heroes (and Opposing Fronts, but not Tales of Valor unless you really like the sound of its features... it's a mini expansion.) to anyone who likes WW2/Strategy games, and has a decent computer.

And Dawn of War 2 is good at that price. Can't say much good or bad about it. Must have if you're at all into 40k though.

God damnit! My computer's mobo just died too :( (I own most of these, but I would like to bite on DOW2 perhaps.) Also, I DO NOT RECOMMEND SAINTS ROW 2! It's a god awful port that doesn't do the game justice. Play it on consoles!

thanks OP, I ended up grabbing Metro 2033 & Warhammer Chaos Rising. Glad I waited on picking up Metro 2033 during the steam sale.

Any chance someone would be willing to buy Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® - Chaos Rising for me and I could repay you with Paypal gifted for the code? If so shoot me a pm.
Thanks

[quote name='Walburga']Me either!

I remember getting a code for a special item via GFWL when I picked up the original DoWII from THQ UK in that deal a few months ago, but didn't get any code with the Expansion this time - I wondering if he's confusing the two, and got the code buying the Base game...[/QUOTE]
Nah, even if he were confusing the two I only bought Chaos Rising and they gave me a code. I think the confusion lies in when they give you the code. It's not in the email they send you that contains the CD-key. You have to use the findmyorder.com link in that email to access the page where you can download the THQ client to download your purchase. The GFWL wargear code is also on that page. So if you just plug the CD-key into Steam and ignore the THQ stuff altogether you'll miss out on this.

Picked up Metro.... thanks OP. I figured it would drop below 20 before too long and 12.50 works just fine. Seriously considering Saint's Row 2, but I've seen that on sale before and I've got a gaming backlog just like everyone else here.

Sure would be nice if I could get my email from them and actually be able to download/register what I bought. It doesn't take 5 hours to process something like this.

Hmmm. They took my 20 dollars in a timely fashion, and yet I am still missing an email. Still, as long as that email comes before steam's next THQ sale, I guess it all good.

[quote name='talon2099']Nah, even if he were confusing the two I only bought Chaos Rising and they gave me a code. I think the confusion lies in when they give you the code. It's not in the email they send you that contains the CD-key. You have to use the findmyorder.com link in that email to access the page where you can download the THQ client to download your purchase. The GFWL wargear code is also on that page. So if you just plug the CD-key into Steam and ignore the THQ stuff altogether you'll miss out on this.[/QUOTE]

Ah!

OK. so thats why I didn't see a code this time!

--Walburga

[quote name='talon2099']Nah, even if he were confusing the two I only bought Chaos Rising and they gave me a code. I think the confusion lies in when they give you the code. It's not in the email they send you that contains the CD-key. You have to use the findmyorder.com link in that email to access the page where you can download the THQ client to download your purchase. The GFWL wargear code is also on that page. So if you just plug the CD-key into Steam and ignore the THQ stuff altogether you'll miss out on this.[/QUOTE]

Wait, do you mean is supposed to be on the same page as the CD Key?

I already did go there (and just double-checked to be sure) because the email I received never held the CD Key, I had to log in to get it.

On my "view my order page", I only see the CD Key for the game, the link for THQ's downloader exe, and the option to add the Backup CD and the extended DL service.

The is no second key for any GFWL Wargear on that page at all on my account, as you can see:

findmyorder.jpg

--Walburga

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Walburga']Wait, do you mean is supposed to be on the same page as the CD Key?

I already did go there (and just double-checked to be sure) because the email I received never held the CD Key, I had to log in to get it.

On my "view my order page", I only see the CD Key for the game, the link for THQ's downloader exe, and the option to add the Backup CD and the extended DL service.

The is no second key for any GFWL Wargear on that page at all on my account, as you can see

--Walburga[/QUOTE]
That is what my page looks like as well. They probably just had a limited supply of them and they ran out.

Damn, on my order page there was an additional entry for the Dawn of War II Chaos Rising - Exclusive Librarian War Gear Pack. Sorry about that, I guess they must have ran out at some point.

[quote name='talon2099']Damn, on my order page there was an additional entry for the Dawn of War II Chaos Rising - Exclusive Librarian War Gear Pack. Sorry about that, I guess they must have ran out at some point.[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiuosity? what country are you in? Wondor if a 'region' thing? I'm in the US.

Just placed an order for Dawn of War 2 and the Chaos Rising expansion. Still waiting for order confirmation and receipt details so that I can activate the CD Keys on Steam. About how long did it take for others who have made purchases?

It took a bit to activate and send me the e-mail, but I got Metro 2033 and STALKER. Metro 2033 activated fine on Steam but STALKER won't for some reason, sadly.

[quote name='Alien Rope Burn']It took a bit to activate and send me the e-mail, but I got Metro 2033 and STALKER. Metro 2033 activated fine on Steam but STALKER won't for some reason, sadly.[/QUOTE]

Because STALKER is not a game you can activate on Steam, the list of games that allow that isn't long. Metro 2033 you had to activate on Steam regardless, since it's Steamworks.

For THQ's service you need to pay extra to be able to re-download the game for only two years. Steam lets you re-download the game off their servers free of charge and without time restrictions.

[quote name='talon2099']I'm in the US as well. Bought Chaos Rising on the 16th, late in the evening.[/QUOTE]

Ah, well I didn't order it until about 11:00 AM on the 17th (EDT)..

BTW: For those people who already had DoWII via Steam, and added Chaos Rising, did you have an extremely small download, also?

When I went to download Chaos Rising, Steam told me it was

I keep getting:

"We are unable to process your order. Please verify your information and try again."

When I try to pick up Dawn of War 2 although I already successfully bought Chaos Rising from them. Neither of my credit cards work... might be out of keys or trying to make me buy $5 EA digital download or something.

If I register the two Warhammer titles with Steam, will I still be able to get the Games for Windows Live achievements?

bread's done
Back