75% Off Select Game Downloads at Amazon

matttco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]19940[/IMG-R]Amazon offers discounts up to 75% on select PC game downloads. Highlights include:

:pc: Grand Theft Auto IV $5
:pc: The Witcher - Enhanced Edition $5
:pc: BioShock 2 $5

iconamazon.gif
Year End Game Download Deals at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CountChoculitis']BioShock 2 $5-

http://www.amazon.com/Bioshock-2-Pc/dp/B0016BVYAM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1293149244&sr=8-3

Im biting. Did not want to go $10 in the steam sale.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I was on my phone at the time and was having an issue finding the right version. Also in regards to GTA4, my pc's specs are as follows.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40mhz
Memory: 4GB DDR2 6600
Graphics: Nvidia 8800 GT 512 MB

I am not the best at typing this stuff, but thats the basics.

[quote name='jaredhenry13']Oh hell yeah Steam is better than GFWL. I would rather get XBL achievements than Steam achievements is what I meant.[/QUOTE]

If a Steam game is also a GFWL game, you still get XBL achievements... i.e. DoW2.

This is for everyone who wants to know if their pc can run a game.

I go to this site to check out my pc for games.

http://www.yougamers.com/

It's been pretty accurate for me. Although I did have to wait a few weeks for them to have my laptops cpu/gpu data in their system after I bought it last July. But all is good now.

If I buy the Witcher off of this Amazon deal and then enter the included product key (I'm assuming that their will be a product key) on Steam, will the game work on Steam? I have a friend who bought Far Cry 2 on disc and entered the product key on Steam.

EDIT: Never-mind, my question was already answered earlier in the thread.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I was about to bite on Dark Void Zero for $1.25. Came back 2 minutes later, the price was up to $4.95. :([/QUOTE]

This is back to $1.25 if anyone still wants it. Key isn't transferable to Steam though.

So... says I have $10 in video game download credit, but when I completed the transaction, it didn't use the credit. That's even after I emailed customer service and got some pre-written reply from them.

Needless to say, I sent them another email to make sure I don't get charged for it. We'll see how it goes, though amazon has always been good about correcting their mistakes.

So Far I've gotten GTAIV: Episodes of LC and Arma 2 Combined OP. I had 25 bucks in Giftcards before these games and may spend the rest on either Bioshock 2 or Stalker: COP...

I ended up getting GTA 4 plus the episodes, bioshock 2, and the witcher. I don't know enough about arma to plop another twelve down.

I tried to find information on the DRM of King's Bounty Platinum Edition but couldn't find any. Does Amazon list DRM-specific for each game somewhere? thanks

Alright guys, I heard back from amazon customer support about the $10 video game download credit not working.

Turns out the credit it says I have only applies towards the xbox live points online code purchases. I remember now getting that credit, however, the site obviously made it unclear when stating that we have $10 in said credit.

So just a heads up. You can't use it (unfortunately) for this promotion.

[quote name='Dalerax']Alright guys, I heard back from amazon customer support about the $10 video game download credit not working.

Turns out the credit it says I have only applies towards the xbox live points online code purchases. I remember now getting that credit, however, the site obviously made it unclear when stating that we have $10 in said credit.

So just a heads up. You can't use it (unfortunately) for this promotion.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up, but I'm still not 100% sure if you mean the discount is on MS points or an XBLA games. Either way I should be able to use the credit.

[quote name='Zipomatic2']Yeap, bought Mafia 2 and installed in on steam. 75% bay-bee is the magic price![/QUOTE]

I'm considering Mafia 2. With a backlog a mile long, though, I may wait for next years Steam Sale to get it. I seriously have a backlog 25 games deep. It's sad. That might not be that deep to some of you but for me it seems like a never ending ditch I'm digging. :)

Glad to hear it installs on Steam, though.

[quote name='Dalerax']Alright guys, I heard back from amazon customer support about the $10 video game download credit not working.

So just a heads up. You can't use it (unfortunately) for this promotion.[/QUOTE]

Actually when it says that you've been qualified for $10 credit it clearly says that it's towards XBox Live Cards/Points. You just have to read the rest of the sentence.

Decided to pick up GTAIV. Been wanting to play it again, and now it should look a lot better on my new gaming rig than on my PS3. Plus, trade-in value for the PS3 version is at $9, so this sort of offsets my purchase (aside from picking up the game on release day for $60).

I want Mafia 2, but I can wait until it reaches the $10 mark. Unless I happen to receive a gift certificate before this sale is over!

[quote name='gokuofheaven']Actually when it says that you've been qualified for $10 credit it clearly says that it's towards XBox Live Cards/Points. You just have to read the rest of the sentence.[/QUOTE]

When I viewed I had $10 in credit, it was while I was claiming that $2 MP3 credit, and all that popped up was something along the lines of "Video Game/Software Download Credit: $10". It didn't verify that it was only towards MS points on that particular part of the site.

I remember now, but when it was telling me I had $10 in video game download credit, I didn't recall how I got it (other people didn't know either). It makes sense now, as I had forgotten about that MS points credit that came with game purchases a month or so ago.

Well I picked up GTA4, Bioshock 2 and Episodes from liberty city. But after downloading and installing them, uninstalling and reinstalling, I can't find the exe application for any of those games anywhere. Amazon's game download client isn't like steam and GFWL clients is it?

Oh and merry Xmas guys.

I bought Dawn of War 2 Gold man it took me like 50 tries to finish it.

Anyway when I'm installing the thing STEAM comes up, as it says install it on Steam but then you can play it on Games For Windows - Live. I'm at the Steam Activation screen but I don't want to use that code to for play on Steam. I bought it for Xbox Achievements. Am I doing the right thing here? Or do I type in the activation code on GFWL marketplace? Anyone done this help?

[quote name='Darklurkr23']I bought Dawn of War 2 Gold man it took me like 50 tries to finish it.

Anyway when I'm installing the thing STEAM comes up, as it says install it on Steam but then you can play it on Games For Windows - Live. I'm at the Steam Activation screen but I don't want to use that code to for play on Steam. I bought it for Xbox Achievements. Am I doing the right thing here? Or do I type in the activation code on GFWL marketplace? Anyone done this help?[/QUOTE]

You are probably required to register it through steam. Don't worry, you'll still be able to go through GFWL even if you have it on steam. Same thing happened with me for Fallout 3. I have it on steam but whenever I launch it the GFWL comes up and I can earn achievements for my xbox 360.

[quote name='Fighterspledge']Well I picked up GTA4, Bioshock 2 and Episodes from liberty city. But after downloading and installing them, uninstalling and reinstalling, I can't find the exe application for any of those games anywhere. Amazon's game download client isn't like steam and GFWL clients is it?

Oh and merry Xmas guys.[/QUOTE]

I had this problem with bioshock 2 and it took me forever to find it.

Once installed, you can find the launcher .exe in:
program files\2k games\SP\Builds\Binaries\

and Merry Christmas to you too!

O god I'm calling Bullshit. I bought DW2 (thanks jaredhenry btw), anyway i went to canirunit.com and it said my comp passed with FLYING colors. Like Max difference from the required. Anyway I get it running, and do a diagnostic on ULTRA just for kicks, and it runs like 2/4 fps. So after a bunch of setting I put it all the way down to Low EVERYTHING/ OFF/ and it still is only going like 5/25 fps. Totally Stupid.

[quote name='Fighterspledge']Well I picked up GTA4, Bioshock 2 and Episodes from liberty city. But after downloading and installing them, uninstalling and reinstalling, I can't find the exe application for any of those games anywhere. Amazon's game download client isn't like steam and GFWL clients is it?

Oh and merry Xmas guys.[/QUOTE]

Are you on Windows 7 or Vista perhaps?

These day newer games after installation (usually most GFW titles) will only show up in the Games>Games Explorer of the start menu. If not there check your programs folder.

Hey, CAG's. I have a question: Does anyone know how long this sale will be going for?

I don't know if I should wait for a Steam deal, or grab these while the price is right.

I noticed I've got what Amazon has listed as a "SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES DOWNLOADS" credit of $10, but it won't work for any of these.

[quote name='SniperPenguin2']Has anyone had problems trying to buy Bioshock 2 from amazon for this sale? It keeps telling me that there is some error.[/QUOTE]

Bought and downloaded just fine. Can you be more specific as to where your error is occurring? Is it an error when purchasing or an error when downloading?

I click on buy and download and I get the error...

We're sorry!

An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If you were trying to make a purchase, please check Your Account to confirm that the order was placed. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I check my account and it doesnt show that I bought it.

[quote name='SniperPenguin2']I click on buy and download and I get the error...

We're sorry!

An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If you were trying to make a purchase, please check Your Account to confirm that the order was placed. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I check my account and it doesnt show that I bought it.[/QUOTE]
If you click the "Buy and Download" button, it isn't an instant purchase. You are then taken to a confirmation screen to give you one last chance to change your mind before your CC is charged. Assuming you haven't seen that screen before, try going through the motions one more time and see if you can do it now without getting an error. It sounds like your CC wasn't charged the first time because you didn't mention getting to the confirmation screen.

[quote name='SniperPenguin2']I click on buy and download and I get the error...

We're sorry!

I check my account and it doesnt show that I bought it.[/QUOTE]

I have been trying to buy The Witcher and I keep getting this as well.

Got King's Bounty Platinum for $8.xx Good deal.

Anything else I liked I already have on a comfy console. Good prices though.

Another great deal is STALKER Call of Pripyat for $5.

Oops.. "The loyalty edition is only available if a previous version of STALKER is installed on the computer" or something like that. Well, I knew there was a reason I bought that GFWL version of STALKER.

[quote name='jbird45345']I have been trying to buy The Witcher and I keep getting this as well.[/QUOTE]

Happened to me as well. It turned out that I had to configure one of my cards as a default 1-click card.

1. I've bought Mafia II from Amazon but the key won't activate on Steam because I'm in Poland now. Is there any way to activate it on Steam? Steam support isn't responding for a week now, I heard something about VPN's, could anyone help?

2. I want to buy Rig'n'roll, somebody bought it maybe? Is there any region restriction? I doesn't require Steam so I think it should run. I don't want to have the same situation with Mafia, so I'm asking.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Anyone know how well GTAIV : EFLC will run on a 4870?

Also, Call of Pripyat went down to 2.50. Snatched![/QUOTE]

If it is still how it was when it released then your processor is more important, think you want at least a 3 ghz Quad of the intel flavor.

[quote name='fastitocalon']If it is still how it was when it released then your processor is more important, think you want at least a 3 ghz Quad of the intel flavor.[/QUOTE]

I've got a Phenom II 955

bread's done
Back