750 dollar psp document???????

[quote name='zionoverfire']Yeah I'm pretty sure this was posted before.

I remember the user ratings being very funny.[/quote]

Yeah, it was posted before.

i'm very sorry for double posting, but please explain to me why is the downloadable pdf.doc cost so much, does it really have market value?????

What you have here is a bunch of kids (or childish people) who stumbled on a firm that does market research and sells to corporations. (To which that sort of money is a drop in the bucket).

Of course, without knowing the reputation of the company doing the analysis, or actually seeing the data they provide, it would be hard to say.

[quote name='Nero_DxS']i'm very sorry for double posting, but please explain to me why is the downloadable pdf.doc cost so much, does it really have market value?????[/quote]

Have you not even read the responses to the thread? It was a joke. Just read the ratings below the item description for God's sake.

in order words, this document is the marketing secrets leaked to the public or the info is being hacked by someone, so that's why it cost so much, but did that guy punished by authorities?

[quote name='Nero_DxS']in order words, this document is the marketing secrets leaked to the public or the info is being hacked by someone, so that's why it cost so much, but did that guy punished by authorities?[/quote]

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Nero_DxS']i'm very sorry for double posting, but please explain to me why is the downloadable pdf.doc cost so much, does it really have market value?????[/quote]

Have you not even read the responses to the thread? It was a joke. Just read the ratings below the item description for God's sake.[/quote]

Have you looked at the other documents sold by the same author? This group does market research and analysis. They sell thier findings through these documents. That is why the price is where it is... market analysis groups don't tend to want to just give away the fruits of thier research and analysis.

[quote name='Nero_DxS']in order words, this document is the marketing secrets leaked to the public or the info is being hacked by someone, so that's why it cost so much, but did that guy punished by authorities?[/quote]
I don't know why you think that person would be punished. Its not he is forcing anyone to buy that PDF, and people should be smart enough to read the user reviews and product description before they buy something.

[quote name='basketkase543']Those responses are pretty funny.[/quote]

Rather then spending $750 to read a book, why? they didn't get a PSP for X-MAS... they could just spent $300 and import one from JAPAN...

IDIOTS....

I was wanted a PSP but she given next best thing- this is a great substatute and tells about it. It helped my understnd why I couldnt get one and now I know that it was delays by sony corp and I liked the easy PDF file instead of book because I dont have room for it in my toybox.

[quote name='Spoon_si']I doubt the average comsumer will get dat shit...[/quote]

It's not intended for the average consumer or even the consumer market, genius. I swear, is it that hard to look at the references of the group and authors of the publication before posting? I swear people are just getting dumber and dumber as time goes on.

[quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='Nero_DxS']in order words, this document is the marketing secrets leaked to the public or the info is being hacked by someone, so that's why it cost so much, but did that guy punished by authorities?[/quote]
I don't know why you think that person would be punished. Its not he is forcing anyone to buy that PDF, and people should be smart enough to read the user reviews and product description before they buy something.[/quote]

It is a market analysis of the market state at the time it was published... not a press release, not something even intended for public consumption.
This person is not selling any of Sony's proprietary information. Is it really that hard for people to look up sources before saying stupid things and making themselves look like ignorant asses?

IDC

IDC is the premier global market intelligence and advisory firm in the information technology and telecommunications industries. We analyze and predict technology trends so that our clients can make strategic, fact-based decisions on IT purchases and business strategy. Over 775 IDC analysts in 50 countries provide local expertise and insights on technology markets, and our management team is comprised of experienced and respected industry luminaries. Business executives and IT managers have relied for 40 years on our advice to make decisions that contribute to the success of their organizations.

[quote name='Spoon_si'][quote name='basketkase543']Those responses are pretty funny.[/quote]

Rather then spending $750 to read a book, why? they didn't get a PSP for X-MAS... they could just spent $300 and import one from JAPAN...

IDIOTS....[/quote]

You are in no position to call someone an idiot...
you don't seem to be grasping the fact that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE COMMENTS IS A JOKE... if they aren't, the person deserves to have thier head slammed in a door... repeatedly.

These are technical analysis documents by a renoun company. That kind of information doesn't come cheap, and is usually fairly in depth and is usually the work of several highly paid professionals.
My goodness. Could some of you just be a little more dense?
Maybe I should explain the situation.... again, in ever more increasing EXCRUCIATING DETAIL.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='Spoon_si']I doubt the average comsumer will get dat shit...[/quote]

It's not intended for the average consumer or even the consumer market, genius. I swear, is it that hard to look at the references of the group and authors of the publication before posting. I swear people are just getting dumber and dumber as time goes on.[/quote]

:lol: The flies are really getting to you today.

Yeah. Normal bug-spray doesn't seem to be helping. I really need to bring an oxyacetylene torch into the scenario.

[quote name='JSweeney']Yeah. Normal bug-spray doesn't seem to be helping. I really need to bring an oxyacetylene torch into the scenario.[/quote]

I've found a couple of drops of anything organic works far better. See the problem with killing them is that you have to fill out all this paper work.

Still can you explain to me why someone would be selling this on amazon? It just seems like a bit of an odd place to sell it. You'd think amazon's cut would be a bit much for them.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='JSweeney']Yeah. Normal bug-spray doesn't seem to be helping. I really need to bring an oxyacetylene torch into the scenario.[/quote]

I've found a couple of drops of anything organic works far better. See the problem with killing them is that you have to fill out all this paper work.

Still can you explain to me why someone would be selling this on amazon? It just seems like a bit of an odd place to sell it. You'd think amazon's cut would be a bit much for them.[/quote]

Looking through thier offerings, this seems to be the lower tier stuff.
I would guess that they offer all of thier top shelf services off of thier own website, and then they throw the lesser papers and old info out to Amazon, hoping to snag a few more sales off of the back of old info.

This way, they get to look current and cutting edge on thier website, but they also have the chance of making a couple extra bucks.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='JSweeney']Yeah. Normal bug-spray doesn't seem to be helping. I really need to bring an oxyacetylene torch into the scenario.[/quote]

Still can you explain to me why someone would be selling this on amazon? It just seems like a bit of an odd place to sell it. You'd think amazon's cut would be a bit much for them.[/quote]

I would guess that they offer all of thier top shelf services off of thier own website, and then they throw the lesser papers and old info out to Amazon, hoping to snag a few more sales off of the back of old info.

This way, they get to look current and cutting edge on thier website, but they also have the chance of making a couple extra bucks.[/quote]

Makes sense, I suppose this PSP info would have been cutting edge last year?

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='JSweeney']Yeah. Normal bug-spray doesn't seem to be helping. I really need to bring an oxyacetylene torch into the scenario.[/quote]

This way, they get to look current and cutting edge on thier website, but they also have the chance of making a couple extra bucks.[/quote]

Makes sense, I suppose this PSP info would have been cutting edge last year?[/quote]

Exactly. This document was probably originally issued leading in to the fourth quarter.

It is a thread like this that separates the grownups from the children.

Kids, out in the real world there are many people who have control of massive sums of money and are often called upon to make decisions regarding that money and its possible application to products that such powerful people can rarely command a direct expertise of its strengths and failings. Thus there are companies who take on the role of researching these thing and allowing the money folks to make educated guesses as to whether Sony stock will be a good buy in the near future or the company is holding a gun to its own head while shouting, "I'll do it!"

The market for this research is small but comprised of people who don't blink at the price tag. They've had more expensive lunches in their time.

There are variations on the theme. Micro Design Resources is in the business of writing highly technical analyses on semiconductor products. These reports typically go into far greater depth than anything you'll find on a free web site. It cost a good chunk of change every year to subscribe to Microprocessor Report but it's worth it. I just received their piece on the Cell chip today, writen by the same guy who did the authoritative analysis of the PS2 chipset years ago, and it's a hell of a read. For instance, it makes a pretty good argument for the target speed of the PS3 being 3 GHz due to the power draw of the Cell compared to the Emotion Engine and the allowable power envelope for a game console.

[quote name='epobirs']It is a thread like this that separates the grownups from the children.

Kids, out in the real world there are many people who have control of massive sums of money and are often called upon to make decisions regarding that money and its possible application to products that such powerful people can rarely command a direct expertise of its strengths and failings. Thus there are companies who take on the role of researching these thing and allowing the money folks to make educated guesses as to whether Sony stock will be a good buy in the near future or the company is holding a gun to its own head while shouting, "I'll do it!"

The market for this research is small but comprised of people who don't blink at the price tag. They've had more expensive lunches in their time.

There are variations on the theme. Micro Design Resources is in the business of writing highly technical analyses on semiconductor products. These reports typically go into far greater depth than anything you'll find on a free web site. It cost a good chunk of change every year to subscribe to Microprocessor Report but it's worth it. I just received their piece on the Cell chip today, writen by the same guy who did the authoritative analysis of the PS2 chipset years ago, and it's a hell of a read. For instance, it makes a pretty good argument for the target speed of the PS3 being 3 GHz due to the power draw of the Cell compared to the Emotion Engine and the allowable power envelope for a game console.[/quote]

I'd imagine that would have to be a good read. I'd imagine that having access to that information would have to be a nice little perk of your job.
Of course, it probably seems fairly commonplace to you by now...
its one of those things.. I pass things at work all day that I know people are just dying to see, but since I've seen it every day for months on end, its just kind of "there" now.

bread's done
Back