CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I just saw this in Maxim:

https://www.rockband99.com/

Basically for $79(with free S&H!!!) you get(XB360 or PS3 only):
The Rock Band(the first Rock Band) Special Edition Bundle
Rock Band 2 Software

It's through MTV and it seems like they're trying to clear out some stock.

I haven't seen this posted before and tried the search function, so hopefully this is new(my first new thread).

Last edited by a moderator:
The deal was in Entertainment Weekly, not Maxim, my bad. But it does say it's running through the end of August and that it is from MTV Games.

[quote name='TheCutUp']So Did we confirm that this is legit?[/QUOTE]

It says they accept PayPal, of course that doesn't mean it's legit, but doesn't PayPal offer some sort of buyer protection?(I don't use it, so I'm not sure) Also, I would be amazed if this was mentioned in an Entertainment Weekly article and it was fake. Also, I just found a link on MTV's Rock Band page:

http://www.mtv.com/games/video_games/rock_band/index.jhtml

It's just about all the way at the bottom. As far as actually ordering and receiving product, I haven't done that. Rock Band isn't really my thing, and I don't need any more peripherals for my 360 around my room.

Went ahead and ordered one. I don't own a single one of these, always been interested but the price of entry was previously a bit high.

The shipping says its 10-14 days on average by the way.

[quote name='snatcher33']If only there was a free shipping coupon floating around somewhere for this.[/QUOTE]

I asked, so I shall receive. In for one. $79 is too good to pass up.

I remember being highly skeptical of this deal when I first heard about it. Doubt I'll jump on it though...would definitely prefer to get Rock Band 2 drums if at all possible.

It's a nice deal to jump on.
151l1259.jpg

Keep in mind that the instruments in the RB1 bundle are not nearly as good as the RB2 instruments, and that bundle is available from Amazon for $100 with free shipping. Of course you don't get the RB1 software or AC/DC with that, but those can be acquired separately.

Apparently if you are lucky enough you can find a Rock Band SE at KMart on clearance for 14 bucks. I was about to jump on this until I read that.

[quote name='webdoggy']Apparently if you are lucky enough you can find a Rock Band SE at KMart on clearance for 14 bucks. I was about to jump on this until I read that.[/QUOTE]

According to the Kmart Clearance Thread the Rock band SE is $35

I bit.. I got the Rockband set back in Feb or March at Target for $35, so if I can sell this one for the same price I will not mind paying $45 for Rockband 2 & ACDC Track Pack.

[quote name='DigitalKitsune']According to the Kmart Clearance Thread the Rock band SE is $35[/QUOTE]

It's $14 now for 360/PS3.

I just want to see that AC/DC pack show up in the bargain bin. Put it off, as it was a bit much for a track pack, and well, I don't have a Walmart near me.

Edit: nevermind. EBay had it on the cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pheran']Keep in mind that the instruments in the RB1 bundle are not nearly as good as the RB2 instruments, and that bundle is available from Amazon for $100 with free shipping. Of course you don't get the RB1 software or AC/DC with that, but those can be acquired separately.[/QUOTE]

All true, but really moot points. RB1 instruments are perfectly fine, and adding in the "those can be acquired separately" kind of adds roughly $20-$40 extra, no?

So - for $80 shipped is a great deal....versus getting $100 RB1 + $20 or more for RB2 and ACDC = $120+ for these items elsewhere.

That's 30% off...

Looks like it. But judging from the site I would say they ran out of the ACDC stock so they are down to just RB1 and RB2 for 79

Mine came in the mail today and there is only the Rock Band 1 with instruments. No Rock Band 2. No AC/DC. Of course they have no phone number to contact them, only email form.

Anyone else have a similar problem (or no problem at all)?

[quote name='westbeverly']Mine came in the mail today and there is only the Rock Band 1 with instruments. No Rock Band 2. No AC/DC. Of course they have no phone number to contact them, only email form.

Anyone else have a similar problem (or no problem at all)?[/QUOTE]

I talked two friends into ordering this (for the 360). Both got all the promised items, though one seems to have received a bum USB hub. Sounds like you should shoot them an email and find out what's up.

[quote name='westbeverly']Mine came in the mail today and there is only the Rock Band 1 with instruments. No Rock Band 2. No AC/DC. Of course they have no phone number to contact them, only email form.

Anyone else have a similar problem (or no problem at all)?[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? Mine came with just the RB1 huge box (with guitar, mic and drums), sealed, and RB2 and RB:AC/DC were INSIDE of that box (which is odd, as they were obviously never previously packaged that way).
You sure you looked inside the RB Box?

[quote name='chuckstaton']Are you sure? Mine came with just the RB1 huge box (with guitar, mic and drums), sealed, and RB2 and RB:AC/DC were INSIDE of that box (which is odd, as they were obviously never previously packaged that way).
You sure you looked inside the RB Box?[/QUOTE]

Probably leftovers repacked. I thought I was missing RB2 and AC/DC too, then I opened it up and found them tuck in between the 2 guitars.

I haven't seen an ad scan to confirm, but someone on here listed a Guitar Hero World Tour "Super Bundle" at Toys R Us for $69 next week with bonus wired guitar. That's the better deal for me since I have all rock band 1 stuff and am looking ot upgrade my drums mostly.

Yeah, no AC/DC listed anymore. I was on the fence anyway for the full deal (due to the space that the rock band stuff takes in my apartment) and the RB 1 (wired, I think) vs RB 2 (wireless, I think) instruments.

I would imagine that this deal will probably just end soon, rather than being continued, as they will not want to compete with themselves with the new game being released soon.

[quote name='chuckstaton']Are you sure? Mine came with just the RB1 huge box (with guitar, mic and drums), sealed, and RB2 and RB:AC/DC were INSIDE of that box (which is odd, as they were obviously never previously packaged that way).
You sure you looked inside the RB Box?[/QUOTE]
Wow. Thanks to you guys for pointing that out. I was reluctant to empty the box because if I had to return it I didn't think I'd ever be able to reassemble the box. I figured those boxes were engineered within an inch of their life and there wouldn't have been room to put 2 more games in there.

Thanks.

I'm really tempted to get this but how are those RB1 instruments? Do they still have a high fail rate? I've played with them at a friend's house but not long enough to see if they fail over time like I've read. Although I did see that the drum pedal my friend had was already broken in two.

bread's done
Back