***$8.99 game sale on sam goodies***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Video-Gamer

CAGiversary!
i just heard it on the radio station while i was driving.
it said on the radio if you buy a music cd for a regular price{13.99} you get the second one for 8.99, same applies for the games.
i went to the store to make sure, it was correct, the sale/special or what ever it is has already started. i asked about the games, the girl said, any ps2 ame 19.99 and less is automatically becomes $8.99... same goes for x-box.

Neato.

Guess its time to chash in those $5 gift certificates I've got lying around.

Thanks for the info!

Is this just for PS2/Xbox games or are Nintendo & PSP games included as well?

[quote name='Dingleberry']so you buy a CD and get a game for 8.99?[/QUOTE]

no.. if you like music, you buy a music cd for 13.99 and buy the second one for 8.99{new cd realeses}.
the games, you dont have to buy a game at a regular price, you just go to the store, look for a game you like, and if the game happnes to be 19.99 or under, that game becomes automatically 8.99.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']no.. if you like music, you buy a music cd for 13.99 and buy the second one for 8.99{new cd realeses}.
the games, you dont have to buy a game at a regular price, you just go to the store, look for a game you like, and if the game happnes to be 19.99 or under, that game becomes automatically 8.99.[/QUOTE]

i seen quite a few.. r&c3, halo1, nfsu, jak 3, nhl2k6, return to arms, lots of good potential.

[quote name='banpeikun']I'd also like to know if it's only PS2 games or other systems as well.[/QUOTE]

Umm...you asked this question 30+ minutes after the post mentioning Halo 1 as a spotted $8.99 game. But no, it's PS2 only, but Halo has some major online and slowdown issues with the PS2 version...:roll:
[quote name='SomeNoob']is sam the same as the sams club?! thank you![/QUOTE]
That was actually a better question than the last post, but no. Sam Goody is a small music store almost always found exclusively in a mall...that place where people with friends usually frequent, as opposed to Sam's Club, the lonely and exclusive oversized strangely-priced (I always find myself saying: "I can buy 1/10th that size for 1/9th the price at Wal-Mart, who needs that much??") warehouse lacking any variety (unless you really want 24 ham & cheese hot pockets in one big box) with cheap HUGE hot slices of pizza and free samples of you-never-know-what almost every day of the week. Oh, and they make you pay them for the privilege of buying their stuff.

ED-IT: Thanks OP, I'll check out Sam Goody soon...

Not all the $19.99 games at the Sam Goody I went to were reduced to $8.99 only "selected" ones, according to signs posted in the store. If they do all the games I guess it would be a big YMMV.

[quote name='banpeikun']I'd also like to know if it's only PS2 games or other systems as well.[/QUOTE]

well i seen for ps2 and x-box, so its definetly for both systems. i havent looked at the gamecube section, but i think they are as well.
if i have a chance, il go to the mall today and check it out for you.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Not all the $19.99 games at the Sam Goody I went to were reduced to $8.99 only "selected" ones, according to signs posted in the store. If they do all the games I guess it would be a big YMMV.[/QUOTE]

i doubt. i think all the sam's goodies are making the same deal.

LOL this is so sad.. thx for someone who told me sam goody is different than sams club.... however the only sam goody thats within 20 mile of me just closed... 5 days ago.. WAT DA ...!!

[quote name='Kerig']
That was actually a better question than the last post, but no. Sam Goody is a small music store almost always found exclusively in a mall...that place where people with friends usually frequent, as opposed to Sam's Club, the lonely and exclusive oversized strangely-priced (I always find myself saying: "I can buy 1/10th that size for 1/9th the price at Wal-Mart, who needs that much??") warehouse lacking any variety (unless you really want 24 ham & cheese hot pockets in one big box) with cheap HUGE hot slices of pizza and free samples of you-never-know-what almost every day of the week. Oh, and they make you pay them for the privilege of buying their stuff.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of watching the orientation videos with my 2 times working at wally world. Sam Walton, starts Wal-Mart for the average consumer and later Sam's Club for Businesses buying in bulk. The stores are next to each other here. I just miss riding on the flat bed carts when i was little while my parents shopped. My uncle bought a bunch of hot pockets for people at the office to eat on break lol. DONT KNOCK THE HOT POCKETS!

Thanks for the tip off! Hit up a Sam Goody and found a ton of games for $9 each. Most of them were NOT marked on sale, but came up as such when I priced check. Here's what I found if it's any help:

Gamecube
Mega Man Anniversary
Amazing Island
007 Nightfire
Wario World (Non-GH)
Pikmin (Non-GH)
Ty 2
Tak 2
Puyo Pop Fever

XBox
Cold Fear
Indiana Jones

Playstation 2
Budokai 2
Street Fighter Anniversary
Xenosaga 2

Gameboy Advance
BlackThorne
Top Gun Fire Zone
Spyro Orange
Mega Man Zero 3
Buu's Fury
TMNT 2
Spider-Man 2

I suppose its a good thing the nearest Sam Goody is 50 miles away, I already have enough sales to worry about the rest of this month.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']i cant go to sam goody... banned for life... oh well, rock and rolas gets all my money now[/QUOTE]

story?

[quote name='evo t rex']Thanks for the tip off! Hit up a Sam Goody and found a ton of games for $9 each. Most of them were NOT marked on sale, but came up as such when I priced check. Here's what I found if it's any help:

Gamecube
Mega Man Anniversary
Amazing Island
007 Nightfire
Wario World (Non-GH)
Pikmin (Non-GH)
Ty 2
Tak 2
Puyo Pop Fever

XBox
Cold Fear
Indiana Jones

Playstation 2
Budokai 2
Xenosaga 2

Gameboy Advance
BlackThorne
Top Gun Fire Zone
Spyro Orange
Mega Man Zero 3
Buu's Fury
TMNT 2
Spider-Man 2[/QUOTE]

whoa, thats a pretty nice list. glad you found what you wanted.

[quote name='ryosnk']Thanks op for the info.[/QUOTE]

no prob.... :)

p.s - my post is in the fron of the homepage, i made it. im famouse. lol.

any way, i think this is a great deal.
i wonder if i can find nfsu2 marked as $19.99 so i can get it for $8.99.

I stopped by my local Sam Goody at lunch and picked up (all for PS2):

Prince of Persia 2 - Warrior Within
Maximo vs. Army of Zin
Silent Hill 4 - The Room
A Bard's Tale

They had a ton of games marked at $8.99. I looked mostly at PS2, but I'll try and list a few from memory.

X-Box

007: Golden Eye Rogue Agent
Band of Brothers (? Hill 3.0 or something)

Gamecube

Rogue Squadron 3
Namco Classics Collection
Pac Man World 2 / VS

PS2 (in addition to the titles I purchased)

Viewtiful Joe 2
Tomb Raider: AOD
Castlevania: LOS
Combat Vietnam
Crimson Tears
Xenosaga 2
Splashdown 2: Rides gone Wild
Shellshock '67
Wolverines Revenge
X-Men: Next Dimension
LOTR: The Two Towers
Super Monkey Ball: Deluxe
Metal Gear Solid 2
Virtual Fighter 4
NFL Street
Beyond Good and Evil
Manhunt
Midnight Club 3
Fight Club
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter (the sequel)
Hitman 2
Terminator 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Stolen
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Tenchu: Fatal Shadows
XIII
Street Fighter Collection
Cold Winter
Project Snowblind
Samurai Warriors
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2
The Haunted Mansion
Neo Contra
Astro Boy
Auto Modellista
Backyard Wrestling 2 (I think it was 2)
Demon Stone
Conflict Desert Storm II: Back to Baghdad
Kya: Dark Lineage
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
Max Payne
Road Trip
Robotech: Battlecry
Rocky Legends
Silent Hill 2
Space Channel 5
Tekken 4
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2

That's all I can think of right now - but it's a pretty decent list! I'm thinking of going back later tonight...

Added the following to the list above: (all PS2)

Astro Boy
Auto Modellista
Demon Stone
Max Payne
Road Trip
Rocky Legends
Silent Hill 2
Space Channel 5
Tekken 4

Plus a whole bunch of the usual sports games... I think that's all I can remember.

Niiiice. I'm headed to the one in Cookeville, TN after the Black Friday maniacs go back into hiding, thanks to my 5-day sabbatical from college. Jak 3 will be MINE! (insert evil laugh here)

whenever I see CD's at sam goody's, they're always in the 18.99 range.

i can buy 3 or 4 used CD's for that price, and my used store has better prices.

[quote name='evo t rex']
Gamecube
Mega Man Anniversary

Playstation 2
Xenosaga 2
Maximo vs. Army of Zin
Silent Hill 4 - The Room

[/QUOTE]

fuck. there's no sam goody's within reasonable travelling distance from here. :bomb:

Edit: Added from cheapskate's list to my "I fucking hate where I live" list.

Damn, the closest one is downtown. By the time I drove there and back and paid for parking, I probably could get them for the same price on Ebay.

Good post, though. Seems like people are getting some decent stuff.

Oh my god. They didn't have much in terms of XBox releases but they did have X-Men Legends as well as Prince of Persia: Warrior Within for $9 apiece. Quite nice. Counterstrike was also there for $9, but that was about it for XBox. PS2 was...worthwhile, to say the least.

In the end I picked up...

Xenosaga 2 (PS2)
Astro Boy (GBA)

As far as GBA titles go they were pretty much the standard mediocre stuff of Yu-Gi-Oh and whatnot, but Boktai and Astro Boy ended up being $9 and ever since being shafted during the Best Buy repricing on Astro Boy carts I'm glad I nailed this one!

Come to think of it, I think I may have seen one of the BB hoarders/flippers heading towards the mall as I was leaving. Um, Bloomington, YMMV may be in effect for College Mall!

As a side note, I'm glad I had to go to the mall for a camcorder casette. I hit the Sam Goody for excellent deals, they opened a new Kitchen store in the mall where I got a cake holder I really needed for cheap (I miss kitchen stores, especially when the department stores have overpriced crap or nothing), and a new arcade opened up. Good lord, what finds!

I got a hold of these today all were last gutted out copies didn't see anything else worthwile.

8.99 Spiderman 2 GC
8.99 V Joe PS2
4.99 Clock tower 3 PS2

Scanned Killzone but came up 19.99, one of the guys working had a list and helped me out. DUngeons and dragons was also 8.99 but it doesn't seem to interesting me.

The Sam Goody in Ventura,CA still has a lot of these games, and they were never marked down from original retail price (which is why I didn't have them checked). Didn't get anything from the sale, but I did (finally) find a copy of FF7 for 15 bucks, which isn't bad.

[quote name='Nephilim']Picked up Tales of Symphonia and Astro Boy, thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
I also got Tales of Symphonia.

Thanks Video-Gamer!

i also saw halo 1 for x-box for 19.99 which makes it 8.99 automatically, and splinter cell pandora tommorow for ps2 for 19.99 which makes it 8.99 as well.

cool, will be dropping in tomorrow. hope i can find an anniversary collection of any sort. or symphonia. that'd be awesome.

[quote name='cheapskategamer']I stopped by my local Sam Goody at lunch and picked up (all for PS2):

Maximo vs. Army of Zin
Silent Hill 4 - The Room
A Bard's Tale

They had a ton of games marked at $8.99. I looked mostly at PS2, but I'll try and list a few from memory.

X-Box

Band of Brothers (? Hill 3.0 or something)

Gamecube

Rogue Squadron 3
Namco Classics Collection
Pac Man World 2 / VS

PS2 (in addition to the titles I purchased)

Viewtiful Joe 2
Tomb Raider: AOD
Combat Vietnam
Crimson Tears
Xenosaga 2
Splashdown 2: Rides gone Wild
Shellshock '67
Wolverines Revenge
X-Men: Next Dimension
LOTR: The Two Towers
Metal Gear Solid 2
Virtual Fighter 4
NFL Street
Beyond Good and Evil
Manhunt
??????????Midnight Club 3????????????
Fight Club
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter (the sequel)
Hitman 2
Terminator 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Stolen
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Tenchu: Fatal Shadows
XIII
Street Fighter Collection
Cold Winter
Project Snowblind
Samurai Warriors
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2
The Haunted Mansion
Neo Contra
Astro Boy
Auto Modellista
Demon Stone
Max Payne
Road Trip
Rocky Legends
Silent Hill 2
Space Channel 5
Tekken 4

That's all I can think of right now - but it's a pretty decent list! I'm thinking of going back later tonight...[/QUOTE]

Midnight Club 3 for 19.99?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back