$8.99 HD DVD's/ $19.99 Oceans Trilogy at DDD!

DX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
http://www.deepdiscount.com/HD-DVD_stcVVcatId462364VVviewcat.htm

16 Blocks
2001 A Space Odyssey
A Christmas Story
A Clockwork Orange
A Room with a View
A Scanner Darkly
Alexander Revisited: Final Cut
Appleseed: Ex Machina
ATL
Battle of the Bulge
Beerfest
Blazing Saddles
Blood Diamond
Bullitt
Caddyshack
Casablanca
Dog Day Afternoon
Enter the Dragon
Excalibur
Eyes Wide Shut
Firewall
Forbidden Planet
Full Metal Jacket
Gods and Generals
Goodfellas
Gothika
Grand Prix
Happy Feet
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
I Am Legend
IMAX - Blue Planet
IMAX - Galapagos
In the Valley of Elah
Jailhouse Rock
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
Lethal Weapon
Lethal Weapon
Letters From Iwo Jima
License To Wed
March of the Penguins
Michael Clayton
Million Dollar Baby
Music and Lyrics
Mutiny on the Bounty
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
No Reservations
Ocean's Thirteen
Out for Justice
Pan's Labyrinth
Poseidon
Purple Rain
Relentless Enemies
Return to House on Haunted Hill
Rio Bravo
Scooby-Doo - The Movie
Space Cowboys
Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Superman: The Movie
Swordfish
Syriana
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
The Adventures of Robin Hood
The Ant Bully
The Assassination of Jesse James
The Brave One
The Cowboys
The Departed
The Dukes of Hazzard
The Fugitive
The Getaway (McQueen)
The Invasion
The Lake House
The Perfect Storm
The Polar Express
The Reaping
The Road Warrior
The Searchers
The Shining
The Wicker Man
The Wild Bunch
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
TMNT
Training Day
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Under Siege
Unforgiven
Viva Las Vegas
We Are Marshall
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate
Wyatt Earp

FINALLY ordered the Oceans Trilogy. This puts me at around 90 HD DVD's.

Thanks to AVS Forum for the deal!

Thanks OP, in for the Oceans Trilogy and Departed, both sold out, hope they get more in! I just went on a binge at Fry's today too!

[quote name='howlinmad']Now that would be a good thought, getting tired of waiting on the bluray version of Matrix.

But I thought all HDDVD movies stopped working after the format *died*? Guess it's a good thing I didn't throw away my player.[/quote]I guess my warranty on my XA-2 is useless then? :whistle2:s

In for Adventures of Robin Hood, Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder version) and Grand Prix.

Probably be my last HD-DVD's, as well.

I just picked up a bunch of movies. I think this will be the last batch I get too. Unless I can find some cheap import stuff from some place I trust I think I'm done with HD-dvd now.

Some of the stuff there I already have on DVD and don't feel like upgrading.

Looks like it is pretty picked clean. Almost everything looks to be OOS. I doubt they will actually get any more in so I'm not even going to bother to place the order. I should have checked here a couple days ago.

[quote name='turls']Looks like it is pretty picked clean. Almost everything looks to be OOS. I doubt they will actually get any more in so I'm not even going to bother to place the order. I should have checked here a couple days ago.[/quote]When they had the last cheap HD-DVD sale when they were $9.99, I had an issue with Mission Impossible getting damaged in shipment. They did replace it, though it took over a month to do it. Admittedly, this was a number of months ago, though I'm somewhat confident they'll eventually get the OOS stuff back in-stock. Might be a while.

[quote name='shrike4242']When they had the last cheap HD-DVD sale when they were $9.99, I had an issue with Mission Impossible getting damaged in shipment. They did replace it, though it took over a month to do it. Admittedly, this was a number of months ago, though I'm somewhat confident they'll eventually get the OOS stuff back in-stock. Might be a while.[/QUOTE]
I went ahead and ordered "Assassination of Jesse James" even thought its OOS. It's anybody's guess whether these will be restocked, so I won't get my hopes up.
I've been looking for this movie at a good price for a while. It was so beautifully shot. The landscapes were amazing.

[quote name='techstar25']I went ahead and ordered "Assassination of Jesse James" even thought its OOS. It's anybody's guess whether these will be restocked, so I won't get my hopes up.
I've been looking for this movie at a good price for a while. It was so beautifully shot. The landscapes were amazing.[/quote]Worth a try, since they won't bill you until it goes back in-stock.

And checking for credit card authorizations is a good way to see if they've restocked and working to ship it out, as I've seen them auth my credit card a couple of days before getting the shipping confirmation email from them.

Ultimate Matrix Collection shipped today, win.

Edit: And I just got confirmation my other order shipped too, Assassination of Jesse James and The Departed, so techstar there is hope for you, since my copy of Jesse James was OOS when I ordered it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
In for:

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (fuckING AMAZING MOVIE)
The Shining
A Clockwork Orange

Thanks for the bitchin' deal, OP!

TYpical DDD shitty service.....I was one of the first to place an order, Oceans Trilogy and the damn thing still hasnt shipped.

I might place an order for Oceans trilogy even though it is out. What is the chances of them getting it back in?

[quote name='turls']Looks like it is pretty picked clean. Almost everything looks to be OOS. I doubt they will actually get any more in so I'm not even going to bother to place the order. I should have checked here a couple days ago.[/QUOTE]

If you order something and it's on backorder, then they should be getting more. When they aren't planning on getting anymore, they just list it as "Not Available" and don't even let you order it at all.

DETAILS FOR SHIPPED ITEMS

Shipping Method: 5 - 10 BUSINESS DAY DELIVERY
Estimated Arrival date: 8/27/08 - 9/01/08

Quantity Item # Description Price
-------- ------------ ---------------------------------------- ----------
1 WBD013689 HDD : DOG DAY AFTERNOON (SE) $ 8.99
1 WBD016787 HDD : THE MATRIX-ULTIMATE COLLECTION $ 28.99
1 WBD018761 HDD : 2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY (SE) $ 8.99
1 WBD025050 HDD : HARRY POTTER & THE ORDER OF THE PH $ 8.99
1 WBD026734 HDD : THE DEPARTED $ 8.99
1 WBD080953 HDD : A CLOCKWORK ORANGE (SE) $ 8.99
1 WBD081832 HDD : THE SHINING (SE) $ 8.99

[quote name='unforeseen']When I added about 4 movies into my cart, they suddenly went out-of-stock during the checkout process. Horrible site.[/quote]

I've never had any problems with the site at all. It's far from a horrible site.

I ordered Harry Potter 1-4. Only Chamber of Secrets shipped so far. None of the others have been canceled.

They've always shipped out the DVD's eventually, but maybe it will be different with a format that is going into extinction. The prices are great at the site, but the shipping times are brutal. I'm in Michigan and it took them 4 weeks to get I am Legend out to me when I ordered it during the 20% off sale and it was in stock at the time.

[quote name='psunami']Matrix Trilogy and Ocean's Trilogy shipped to me today.

I've never had an issue with DD, and my good luck continues.[/quote]

Same here. I've ordered probably 20 dvd's from them that were listed as backordered, and ALL of them eventually went through (longest it took was about 2 weeks I think).

All but two have shipped so far; TMNT and Prisoner of Azkaban still on backorder. Poseidon was originally
backordered but after checking out it said it was in stock in the confirmation email.

Shipping Method: 5 - 10 BUSINESS DAY DELIVERY
Estimated Arrival date: 8/27/08 - 9/01/08

Quantity Item # Description Price
-------- ------------ ---------------------------------------- ----------
1 WBD006275 HDD : HARRY POTTER & THE GOBLE OF FIRE $ 8.99
1 WBD019740 HDD : HARRY POTTER & THE SORCERER'S STON $ 8.99

1 WBD025050 HDD : HARRY POTTER & THE ORDER OF THE PH $ 8.99
1 WBD026844 HDD : OCEAN'S ELEVEN/TWELVE/THIRTEEN SET $ 19.98
1 WBD027064 HDD : HARRY POTTER & THE CHAMBER OF SECR $ 8.99
1 WBD080929 HDD : ENTER THE DRAGON $ 8.99

1 WBD080932 HDD : GOODFELLAS $ 8.99
1 WBD081034 HDD : POSEIDON $ 8.99

Ya know, DDD has cancelled at least 5-6 orders of mine. I am really tempted to give them some bad ratings on pricegrabber, google . . .etc.

These guys have cancelled orders on me. Not that I wouldn't have gone ahead and ordered but there just wasn't much there I really needed. I understand some are getting backorders, or have in the past, but this is HD-DVD we're talking about. Comparing it to eventually getting a DVD on backorder isn't really a comparison.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix shipped for me, but The Goblet of Fire and Million Dollar Baby still haven't shipped.

[quote name='turls']These guys have cancelled orders on me. Not that I wouldn't have gone ahead and ordered but there just wasn't much there I really needed. I understand some are getting backorders, or have in the past, but this is HD-DVD we're talking about. Comparing it to eventually getting a DVD on backorder isn't really a comparison.[/quote]

Actually, one was an HDDVD backorder. When they first did the 60% off sale, I ordered Mission Impossible box set - this is what took 2 weeks to come off backorder.

[quote name='mj1984']Actually, one was an HDDVD backorder. When they first did the 60% off sale, I ordered Mission Impossible box set - this is what took 2 weeks to come off backorder.[/quote]

My point is they aren't making any more HD-DVDs, so where is DDD getting stock?

[quote name='turls']My point is they aren't making any more HD-DVDs, so where is DDD getting stock?[/quote]

More than likely buying out the stock of small companies.

[quote name='JolietJake']Why is Ocean's Twelve $21.53, yet the set of all three is $19.98?[/QUOTE]

and matrix complete is more than the ultimate version

i saw this and went to get the matrix ultimate but stopped when i saw the back order notice.....hopped on over to frys where the complete set was $25 and snatched it up

If DDD was buying the stock directly from other retailers, they would have a little of everything. But they are getting large quantities of certain titles. These are likely the stock that was returned by the various chains (remember how the material wasn't discounted at Best Buy for very long, then disappeared?), and is now being re-distributed at clearance prices.

All three of my HD-DVD's arrived today, shipped in a single bubble mailer.

3 days from DD, even though they're up in Chicago, is blazingly fast.

got chamber of secrets today. Really fast for DDD. Other 3 HP's still on BO. Wondering if they'll get cancelled.

I ordered the following hd dvds on 8/18/08

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

and on 8/19/08
Ocean's Eleven/Twelve /Thirteen Giftset

it is showing me that the status is still showing backorder processing status.

Can any1 tell me how long will it take for me to get my movies or should I just cancel the orders all together.

bread's done
Back