$8.99 HD DVD's/ $19.99 Oceans Trilogy at DDD!

DX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
http://www.deepdiscount.com/HD-DVD_stcVVcatId462364VVviewcat.htm

16 Blocks
2001 A Space Odyssey
A Christmas Story
A Clockwork Orange
A Room with a View
A Scanner Darkly
Alexander Revisited: Final Cut
Appleseed: Ex Machina
ATL
Battle of the Bulge
Beerfest
Blazing Saddles
Blood Diamond
Bullitt
Caddyshack
Casablanca
Dog Day Afternoon
Enter the Dragon
Excalibur
Eyes Wide Shut
Firewall
Forbidden Planet
Full Metal Jacket
Gods and Generals
Goodfellas
Gothika
Grand Prix
Happy Feet
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
I Am Legend
IMAX - Blue Planet
IMAX - Galapagos
In the Valley of Elah
Jailhouse Rock
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
Lethal Weapon
Lethal Weapon
Letters From Iwo Jima
License To Wed
March of the Penguins
Michael Clayton
Million Dollar Baby
Music and Lyrics
Mutiny on the Bounty
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
No Reservations
Ocean's Thirteen
Out for Justice
Pan's Labyrinth
Poseidon
Purple Rain
Relentless Enemies
Return to House on Haunted Hill
Rio Bravo
Scooby-Doo - The Movie
Space Cowboys
Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Superman: The Movie
Swordfish
Syriana
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
The Adventures of Robin Hood
The Ant Bully
The Assassination of Jesse James
The Brave One
The Cowboys
The Departed
The Dukes of Hazzard
The Fugitive
The Getaway (McQueen)
The Invasion
The Lake House
The Perfect Storm
The Polar Express
The Reaping
The Road Warrior
The Searchers
The Shining
The Wicker Man
The Wild Bunch
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
TMNT
Training Day
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Under Siege
Unforgiven
Viva Las Vegas
We Are Marshall
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate
Wyatt Earp

FINALLY ordered the Oceans Trilogy. This puts me at around 90 HD DVD's.

Thanks to AVS Forum for the deal!

I don't care for the box. I'll probably order it for HD DVD and best case scenario I too will get the Bluray version. Won't mind either but since the current rate of Blu is more than HD DVD, it'll be a bonus for me :D

SOB i also ordered the HD-DVD set and the box has a sticker saying for use with blu-ray disc player only and i thought it was funny so came here to post, now i find out if i open it that it's probably just blu-rays... i have no use for that... shit

EDIT: opened it and yep BLU-RAY fucking discs... great

EDIT 2: isn't the BD version worth like $50 versus the $20-25 the HD version is?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else order Million Dollar Baby? I just got mine today and I'm wondering about it. The cellophane wrap is much looser than normal, and the sticker that runs along the top is not printed well. The white part does not run in a straight line and cuts in at some parts. It just kind of screams of being re-wrapped, but I have no way of knowing.

[quote name='Cable387']Did anyone else order Million Dollar Baby? I just got mine today and I'm wondering about it. The cellophane wrap is much looser than normal, and the sticker that runs along the top is not printed well. The white part does not run in a straight line and cuts in at some parts. It just kind of screams of being re-wrapped, but I have no way of knowing.[/quote]

would make sense seeing as they sent some of us re-wrapped Blu-Ray Discs in an HD-DVD slip covered case

[quote name='h3llbring3r']LOL! From my experience with DDD there is some poor guy who just opened a HDDVD box-set and is saying to himself: WTF?

Maybe not, the sleeve clearly says HD-DVD, that is really strange.

Somebody open one and check the color of the disk's bottom, see if there is a visable dye-layer.

Nice score for you guys though.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of the same thing. +1 for a CAG, -1 for the poor sap paying Blu-ray premium for the HD DVD version.

[quote name='cuco33']I don't care for the box. I'll probably order it for HD DVD and best case scenario I too will get the Bluray version. Won't mind either but since the current rate of Blu is more than HD DVD, it'll be a bonus for me :D[/quote]I threw in an order and we'll see what shows up.

Worst case, I get the HD-DVD version. Best case, I get the BR version and save $35 on the BR version. :D

[quote name='shrike4242']I threw in an order and we'll see what shows up.

Worst case, I get the HD-DVD version. Best case, I get the BR version and save $35 on the BR version. :D[/quote]

hey shrike, if i end up getting the BR version and you get HD-DVD, would you like to swap? i have no use for BR currently

[quote name='Chucki Norris']hey shrike, if i end up getting the BR version and you get HD-DVD, would you like to swap? i have no use for BR currently[/quote]Yeah, I think I'd be OK with that.

I'll let you know what was shipped out here when it shows up.

I'm good with either version, so if it helps you out to do that swap, it's OK with me.

I ordered "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" and got "Happy Feet" instead...

Fortunately, they were quick to issue an RMA, and are even covering the return postage, but I've got to come up with the darn envelope on my own.

[quote name='captainfrizo']Keep an eye on your bank account or credit you used to purchase the order. If you're not charged after a week or two I'd keep it. If you are charged return it. It's not your fault DDD isn't paying enough attention to what it ships. Unless you develop a guilty conscience I say keep it.[/quote]

Good news, they have not charged me yet. Crossing my fingers & toes.:bouncy:

I was going to cancel my order for Ocean's 13 today because it was on Backorder and go for the Set. But I can no longer cancel. Bummer! I have 11 &12 on DVD and didn't want to upgrade and have my HD-DVD player go on me so I just went with the Combo 13. I would have ordered though for the Blu. :( Oh well.

just opened mine: they're HD DVD, like they say on the box (and the wrapper, which is likely a clue). i'm glad though, as i don't have a BD player yet!

[quote name='allyourblood']just opened mine: they're HD DVD, like they say on the box (and the wrapper, which is likely a clue). i'm glad though, as i don't have a BD player yet![/quote]

lucky...

got this in my e-mail about the ocean's trilogy issue

We do apologize for the error. A reshipment for the correct item has been
issued and you should receive it within the next 2-5 business days. A prepaid
label has been sent to your email to return the incorrect item. Please note
that a credit for the incorrect item and a debit for the reshipment will appear
on your next billing statement.

[quote name='eminemobied12']got this in my e-mail about the ocean's trilogy issue

We do apologize for the error. A reshipment for the correct item has been
issued and you should receive it within the next 2-5 business days. A prepaid
label has been sent to your email to return the incorrect item. Please note
that a credit for the incorrect item and a debit for the reshipment will appear
on your next billing statement.[/quote]

Should have sold the Blu rays on Amazon for about $50 & then order the regular hd dvd for $20 from them.

[quote name='kart007k']Should have sold the Blu rays on Amazon for about $50 & then order the regular hd dvd for $20 from them.[/quote]

i thought about that, and even thought about trading them here (since ppl seem to like to trade 2 HD DVD's for 1 BluRay i could have gotten possibly 6 HD-DVD's) but from what i see amazon sellers are overcharging for the set while ebay seems to sell them for roughly $40 - $45, after paypal, ebay and shipping charges we r looking at maybe $10 profit if i'm lucky... and then to trade them seemed like a better idea but again shipping charges even at $5-7 is too much for me right now... idk maybe i should have sold em but i'm also too lazy to do any of that

also since they come in an HD-DVD sleeve which i opened, the blurays are not sealed inside thus i would have to sell them as new but opened (technically) which i'm sure would have cost me a few more bucks

Great, finally opened my Million Dollar Baby and the disk was loose in the case and scratched to hell. My players wouldn't even load the film, so now I have to return it and wait for them to ship a replacement out that I'm sure will take another several weeks.

My brother just received his Ocean's Trilogy in the mail. HD-DVD sleeve with Blu-Rays inside. He's keeping them since it's only a matter of time before he buys a blu-Ray player.

Are these Ocean's Trilogy sets coming with a HD DVD outer sleeve, but Blu-ray cases and discs; or are they sending red HD DVD cases but with Blu-ray discs inside? I opened and checked for red cases on mine, but didn't look at the discs proper.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Are these Ocean's Trilogy sets coming with a HD DVD outer sleeve, but Blu-ray cases and discs; or are they sending red HD DVD cases but with Blu-ray discs inside? I opened and checked for red cases on mine, but didn't look at the discs proper.[/quote]

check out abducted vision's post on the previous page for a picture: they're blue cases in an HD DVD outer box.

Ah, got it. (Didn't look at the whole thread.) I've got HD DVDs which is what I wanted cuz my theater at my g/f's has an XA2 and my PS3 is at my place. She's pissed that I got 30 Days of Night on BD and just bought a $5 PPV copy on DVD so she could watch it at her place. (We need to move in and combine players!)

Thanks OP - picked up the Superman movies and the two Smallville seasons. FYI Smallville S5 and S6 are both $28.99 - a steal!

[quote name='DirkBelig']Ah, got it. (Didn't look at the whole thread.) I've got HD DVDs which is what I wanted cuz my theater at my g/f's has an XA2 and my PS3 is at my place. She's pissed that I got 30 Days of Night on BD and just bought a $5 PPV copy on DVD so she could watch it at her place. (We need to move in and combine players!)[/quote]

30 Days of Night wasn't released on HD DVD anyway...

Her gripe was that I bought it on a format that only could be played at my place. I couldn't pass on the deal; got it at Gamespot for like $6 on used BD when regular used DVD is $5.

idk y but DeepDiscount credited my debit card for $26.94 which seems to be the price of the regular DVD boxset... but they didn't take out the 19.99 for the HD-DVD version they are supposedly sending me...

bread's done
Back