$8 Amazon coupon on Dumbo (Blu-Ray) pre-order - releases 09/20/11 - $16.99 AC.

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Amazon is running another item with a clippable coupon, this time it's an $8 coupon off of Dumbo when you pre-order it on Blu-Ray. It's $27.99 $24.99 at the moment, so it'll be $19.99 $16.99 AC.

Dumbo (2-disc BD/DVD combo) in Blu-Ray packaging: http://www.amazon.com/Dumbo-Two-Disc-Anniversary-Blu-ray-Packaging/dp/B003H9M1QM/
Dumbo (2-disc DVD/BD combo) in DVD packaging: http://www.amazon.com/Dumbo-Two-Disc-Anniversary-Blu-ray-Packaging/dp/B004YHRZLM/ (yes, I know it says Blu-Ray packaging in the URL, though it's a different ASIN # than the BD version)

Assuming we get another situation like they did with Bambi and Tangled, Amazon will match the cheapest B&M price and we'll get the benefits of the coupon.

Last edited by a moderator:
In for a pre-order of Fox & The Hound 1 + 2, if there's an Amazon coupon. Hopefully, it'll hit $24.99 or less from Target or BB before release.

[quote name='linkbear']Is Disney only releasing Fox and the Hound as a 2-movie pack with Fox and the Hound II? That was all I found on amazon. The coupon is for $5 off of $27.99. I don't really want the 2nd movie, so not really sure how I feel about this.[/QUOTE]

Yup, only as the two-movie pack. I assume that they don't think they'd sell enough of the second one by itself to merit a separate release. I'm in the same boat, I have no real interest in the second one (I'm not really interested in the direct-to-video sequels of any of Disney's films).

Also, only $5 for this coupon? Damn. I'm throwing in a pre-order just in case, but I really hope the DMR coupon is better than that.

So I contacted Amazon and they suggested I place the order, and they'd apply the coupon afterwards. So I did. So hopefully they'll apply the coupon soon, and I'm really hoping to see a better price somewhere, sometime. We have 4 months though.

(Edit)

Wow. this is too bizarre. So I sent Amazon an email and got this response:

I've checked your account and see that a part of $50.00 promo was applied to your order. The charge of $24.99 is covered by this $50.00 promo. As this promo is applied to your order you are not charged for this order.

I confirm that $8.00 promo is still available in your account. Your available promotional certificate balance appears in the payment section when you place an order. You'll see eligible funds automatically applied. This balance doesn't appear in Your Account (you'll only see the gift card balance there).

except I do not have any $50 balance. I was paying for Dumbo with a credit card and the order was going to be fully charged ($24.99) onto the credit card. No promotion... nada.

When I put dumbo in my cart and make my way to check out, as if to place a 2nd order, I get the $8 coupon off now AND another $12.02 off, somewhere somehow. I think I'll place this order and cancel the other and see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this is more for bragging rights than anything. . .

I placed a pre-order for Dumbo 2 disc blu-ray today on Amazon and emailed them asking about the $8 coupon that I couldn't seem to find. Shortly thereafter, Amazon responded by knocking $8 off the order and putting me at $16.99 for the purchase. Later, I put in a pre-order for the Lion King 2 disc blu-ray, and emailed amazon again asking if the orders could be combined so I could take advantage of the $8 discount when pre-ordering the two of them together. A few hours later, Amazon emailed me back again saying that they had combined the order and applied the $8 promotional credit. HOWEVER, it would appear that they manually applied the promotional credit, and once the order was combined, an additional $8 promo credit was applied automatically, thus bringing my current total on this pre-order for Dumbo and Lion King 2 disc blu-ray sets to $25.98.

I doubt I'll be able to beat that price at a brick and mortar establishment, and who knows how low this may go if they drop the prices on these before release.

Obviously, this situation is HIGHLY YMMV, but I must say I'm very satisfied with how it turned out. :)

Soo, if you feel like rolling the dice, give my method a shot- who knows. . .you may get a $24 discount as well!

It's not surprising that the coupon's dead considering these usually only stay active for a few weeks.

I'm still on the fence about picking up this title as I got antsy and bought the Mexican Blu-ray a few months back. AFAIK this release will either be EXACTLY the same (except for the American release's outer packaging being in English... seeing as the Mexican Blu-ray disc art is English only and the disc content is all 100% English-biased) or might be missing an extra feature or two, but adding BD-Live support.

I guess, overall, I'm a sucker for the shiny slipcovers and since I wasn't able to get the Mexican one, I guess I'll eventually pay $20+ for the flimsy piece of card stock. :(

bread's done
Back