$8 off oblivion Blu-ray or DVD @ walmart

Bluecomputerpro

CAGiversary!
on the cases at walmart there is a coupon for $8 off either blu-ray set or DVD set when you buy Riddick trilogy at the same time. the riddick trilogy is only 13 at my local walmart.

but the funny thins is the opposite coupon is on the riddick case. which if you are luck enough to use both you will get 4 movies for about $16.00 a little foot work invilved but i might add that walmart has a metapak for oblivion.... 

hmmmmm, inciting eh?

it appears to be $5 off just the DVD's

Last edited by a moderator:
is the 8off coupon on the metalpak too or just the Reg one

pretty sure you are wrong OP. The coupon is $8 off when you buy both.....the riddick set is only like $13 or $15 but still pretty sure you are wrong

on the cases at walmart there is a coupon for $8 off either blu-ray set or DVD set when you buy Riddick trilogy at the same time. the riddick trilogy is only 13 at my local walmart.

but the funny thins is the opposite coupon is on the riddick case. which if you are luck enough to use both you will get 4 movies for about $16.00 a little foot work invilved but i might add that walmart has a metapak for oblivion....

hmmmmm, inciting eh?
Actually, it's proof that you're failing math.

Oblivion (metalpack or non-metalpack): $22.96

Riddick Trilogy: $13

Total: $35.96

$8 Coupon from Oblivion case for Riddick trilogy: -$8

$8 Coupon from Riddick trilogy case for Oblivion: -$8

Total AC: $19.96 + tax

Not really sure how you're coming up with the $16, though I'd love to see you show your work so we know how you ended up with 4 movies @ $16 total.

Unless you're planning to return the Riddick trilogy, which wouldn't get you the four movies @ $16.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I already have the riddick blurays, but I'll give this a try tonight.

Is this the Riddick trilogy with the coupon you are talking about? http://www.amazon.com/Riddick-Collection-Pitch-Chronicles-Blu-ray/dp/B004GSVX5S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1375901459&sr=8-2&keywords=riddick+trilogy
It appears to be the same: Pitch Black and Chronicles on Blu Ray, Dark Fury on DVD.

The coupon was on the metalpak but the register didn't accept it. The register didn't take the one from Riddick either so a manager adjusted Oblivion down to $14.96 from $22.96.

A coupon states:

• Buy both Oblivion and Riddick collection
  • One coupon per transaction
The coupon's details/fine print appear to be the same but I am not sure if the bar codes are the same though.

The DVD versions have a $5 coupon attached.

I saw the coupon on the Oblivion case at Bestbuy as well but couldn't locate any Riddick trilogy sets.

I saw the coupon on the Oblivion case at Bestbuy as well but couldn't locate any Riddick trilogy sets.
Best buy employee told me no stores in my area were getting the Riddick set due to it not being in the top 100 sales...

So i went to Target and found Oblivion and Riddick and got them. The person ringing me up scanned both coupons and they both went through no problem. It was a new person being trained by a supervisor...the supervisor said scanning both would be alright because they still get the money back.

No complaints about that. $24 before tax is always welcomed for 4 movies.

I got them to adjust the metalpack down to $19.95 at my Walmart since the standee didn't specify, and then they took each $8 off coupon so I got both movies for $17 plus tax. Great deal!!!!

pretty sure you are wrong OP. The coupon is $8 off when you buy both.....the riddick set is only like $13 or $15 but still pretty sure you are wrong
well im not completely wrong since this is the exact way that i was able to get them.

as you can see thundarr was able to do the same.

Actually, it's proof that you're failing math.

Oblivion (metalpack or non-metalpack): $22.96

Riddick Trilogy: $13

Total: $35.96

$8 Coupon from Oblivion case for Riddick trilogy: -$8

$8 Coupon from Riddick trilogy case for Oblivion: -$8

Total AC: $19.96 + tax

Not really sure how you're coming up with the $16, though I'd love to see you show your work so we know how you ended up with 4 movies @ $16 total.

Unless you're planning to return the Riddick trilogy, which wouldn't get you the four movies @ $16.
PM oblivion to 19.99 or if the cashier is a little slow they might PM best buy on oblivion @ 17.99 after the u&s Coupon. this has happend to me before. im not there to tell them how to do their job.

I got them to adjust the metalpack down to $19.95 at my Walmart since the standee didn't specify, and then they took each $8 off coupon so I got both movies for $17 plus tax. Great deal!!!!
great going thundarr thats exactly what i did... and ok my math is off by .95 cents,,, but not wrong

Yea, neither coupon worked at my Walmart either. Was only getting them for flipping purposes so I just said forget it.

well im not completely wrong since this is the exact way that i was able to get them.

as you can see thundarr was able to do the same.

PM oblivion to 19.99 or if the cashier is a little slow they might PM best buy on oblivion @ 17.99 after the u&s Coupon. this has happened to me before. im not there to tell them how to do their job.
You had no mention of the PM in your original post, so that was one small detail that was lacking.

Also, the PM might or might not work on the metalpack as the picture of the other vendors with it at $20 clearly shows the default version and not the metalpack, which obviously has different cover art.

It would be a lot more helpful in the future to clearly explain all of the steps, so we're not making guesses.

From the people above talking about it, it's pretty questionable about the PM working and both coupons working, so it's a "try it, you might get lucky" deal, which isn't a real deal.

Glad that it worked for you and Thundarr, though others weren't quite so lucky.

is Riddick Trilogy: for $13  a sale price or a reg price

I went to Target and tried to pricematch the $12.99 Walmart price for Riddick but the cashier wouldn't allow pricematch+coupon. She wouldn't even allow two coupons to be used. I ended up getting both for $24+tax after another employee explained to her how the coupons were different and were for the opposite movie.

I think I burned my bridge at that Target because I attempted to buy that crazy Skylanders Giants starter pack deal there and was turned down. This was a while back. She remembered me and was giving me a hard time. She also called the blurays "videogames" maybe because I was trying to buy the Skylanders game there before.

$24 isn't bad but I'd rather have the $17 price. If I'm near a walmart, I might give it a try. Thanks OP and others who contributed.

While its not quite as good of a deal before, but I got Oblivion (blu-ray) for 24.99 plus Riddick Collection (blu-ray) for 14.99 and used the 8 dollar coupon so got both for 31.98. In addition the Riddick Collection had a Fandango movie ticket worth up to 8 dollars off The Worlds End, Kick-Ass 2 or Riddick. Taking my total out of pocket expenses in the long run down to 23.98 since I've seen one of the three movies already and plan to see the other two. This was at Bestbuy.

I thought the coupon worked for each movie individually. I already own Oblivion. You think they'd let me use the coupon on the Riddick trilogy if I already bought Oblivion in the past? I can bring my receipt to Walmart and they can adjust the price?

bread's done
Back