80gb Metal Gear Solid Bundle up for pre-order on circuitcity.com

so are we getting charged the full amount now or at time of shipping?
my wife is gonna kill me when she sees this bill.

[quote name='paz9x']so are we getting charged the full amount now or at time of shipping?
my wife is gonna kill me when she sees this bill.[/quote]

Separate finances are a good thing. :D

At least CC isn't doing what Konami's doing with the gunmetal bundle. They're adding a $500 "insurance fee" to the purchase that will be refunded when the item ships. Basically, ordering that one costs you $1100+ now, down to $600+ later

[quote name='TahoeMax']At least CC isn't doing what Konami's doing with the gunmetal bundle. They're adding a $500 "insurance fee" to the purchase that will be refunded when the item ships. Basically, ordering that one costs you $1100+ now, down to $600+ later[/quote]

....Wow :hot:

thats the most idiotic thing ive yet to see.

yeah, i had planned on preorder fee and then paying the rest in cash when i picked it up, thats not an option here. boy, im gonna get in trouble over this. ill buy her another purse or something to try and distract her.

Wait, I'm confused.... it only allows me to pre-order it to ship. Does that mean that with free shipping, I can't pick it up at the store on the release date? I have to wait for it to come in to get my OldSnakeHappyTime on? If so, then screw this.... camping outside EB it is. If I'm wrong, someone please hand my ass to me.

I'm not really sure what to do. This is a good deal and all, getting the game thrown in, but I want to hold out for another fully backwards-compatible system. Which may never happen. Am I a gambling man?

its the backwards compatibility that makes me want to get it now, i feel like it may be my last chance. plus the game gets thrown in.

circuitcity.com never deals with the games or DVDs at their stores. So it's not surprising that you can't preorder for pickup, you can never order games for pickup online. But if their website is taking preorders, their stores might be as well, so it couldn't hurt to walk in and ask.

That said, I'd probably wait for Amazon as well, as I'd have to pay tax on it from cc, and a friend of mine has prime that she would probably let me use.

[quote name='paz9x']fyi. my local gs said they were only getting 4 bundles.[/quote]
Not to be an ass, but Gamestop will tell people anything to get their pre-order quotas in.

thanks for the heads up on the preorder. wish i could have found a coupon code for it but hell its a bettr deal than ive ever seen on a ps3. now all i have to do i wait till june lol......im not gonna make it.

I'll wait to get a pre-order from Amazon to save tax or my local Gamestop to use my store credit. I just hope I can get one.

Isn't EB also taking pre-orders? If so, is there really any advantage in going with CC? I'd rather go with an in-store pre-order so I won't have to wait as long.

[quote name='CaptainCarnage']so this ps3 has BC with ps2 games right?[/quote]

Approximately 85% of them apparently. You can check if the games you have work here.

I thought the 80 was compatible with most PSOne and PS2 games... is the 60 more compatible? I really can't keep all these versions straight.

[quote name='SirMikael']Not to be an ass, but Gamestop will tell people anything to get their pre-order quotas in.[/quote]

GameStop isn't taking pre-orders on it (at the moment). I know because I have been asking every other day since I heard about it.

Just a quick question... I thought that they were reintroducing the 80GB model with the release of this bundle. Is that not true? Are they not going to be making any more 80GB models after these go?

I'm really not sure, but I don't think so. I think Sony will be launching bigger and better models after E3 this year. I'm sure they have a huge list of announcements.

[quote name='GuardianE']I thought the 80 was compatible with most PSOne and PS2 games... is the 60 more compatible? I really can't keep all these versions straight.[/quote]

The 60gb is long gone (it had the best BC though). Now there's the 40gb and returning 80gb.

The 80gb plays the vast majority of PS2 games, so if you want BC this is it. Theoretically, compatibility can be improved through software updates, as it has been in the past.

[quote name='GuardianE']Just a quick question... I thought that they were reintroducing the 80GB model with the release of this bundle. Is that not true? Are they not going to be making any more 80GB models after these go?[/quote]

Expect the 80gb system MGS4 bundle to hang around for a while, very likely through the holidays. SCEA has commented that they believe in 2 sku's and that backwards compatibility with PS2 games is important to them. Thus, what you will have is a low end and high end model. How long those models remain 40gb and 80gb, who knows. But these systems should be sticking around for a while.

[quote name='SirMikael']Not to be an ass, but Gamestop will tell people anything to get their pre-order quotas in.[/QUOTE]

and id have thought just that except theyre not taking preorders for those 4 bundles.

Why the Fuk would you preorder this when you could get 100 bucks off,+ free shipping, + free bluerays if you use a sonystyle credit card?

[quote name='GuardianE']Just a quick question... I thought that they were reintroducing the 80GB model with the release of this bundle. Is that not true? Are they not going to be making any more 80GB models after these go?[/quote]

Sony is tight lipped or at least pretty vague about this sort of stuff...Usually, they say things like 'it will be around for a while (four to six months) and we'll see it goes' like they did with the motorstorm bundle. Overall, the 80 GB is probably a bit more profitable for Sony than 40 GB (and the retailers cut on MG4 packed in is going in Sony's pocket), so I wouldn't think that they would be in a hurry to dump the 80gb/BC model as long as customers keep buying it.

[quote name='ohhyeahkinkos']GameStop isn't taking pre-orders on it (at the moment). I know because I have been asking every other day since I heard about it.[/quote]

Whata' shame, my bro doesn't wanna deal with the CC deal for some reason.

Anyway, mostly commenting to tell you that your picture reminded me of that great movie. A strange mixture of cornball comedy with some serious drama, very random and depressing :D

[quote name='HuppSav']Why the Fuk would you preorder this when you could get 100 bucks off,+ free shipping, + free bluerays if you use a sonystyle credit card?[/quote]

DOES THAT DEAL STILL WORK??? BECAUSE I CHECKED THE SONYSTYLE WEBSITE AND COULDN'T FIND IT. :cry::cry::cry:

[quote name='HuppSav']Why the Fuk would you preorder this when you could get 100 bucks off,+ free shipping, + free bluerays if you use a sonystyle credit card?[/quote]
....uhhhh bad credit for one, don't judge me I was young and dumb once

[quote name='Arus']and why would anyone want a sonystyle credit card? their interest rates sucks[/quote]

Some people don't over extend themselves and only spend what they can easily afford. I wouldn't care if the interest rate is %5000, it would never affect me.

Where is the $100 credit and free BR movie deal?

Frys.com also has pre-order available. If you don't want to wait for Amazon.com - Fry's.com will probably be cheaper for most of you if you dont' live in: AZ, CA, GA, OH, TX, NV,WA, IL or IN. Fry's doesn't charge tax in the states that aren't mentioned. For me, 2-day shipping at Fry's is $17 ($11 ground) w/ no tax while CC taxes me $38 w/ free shipping. And CC will probably not use 2-day shipping or better to get the item to you.

http://shop3.frys.com/product/5573180

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Some people don't over extend themselves and only spend what they can easily afford. I wouldn't care if the interest rate is %5000, it would never affect me.

Where is the $100 credit and free BR movie deal?[/quote]

Getting a bunch of credit cards to cash in deals has a negative impact on your credit score.

[quote name='SirMikael']Not to be an ass, but Gamestop will tell people anything to get their pre-order quotas in.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']Isn't EB also taking pre-orders? If so, is there really any advantage in going with CC? I'd rather go with an in-store pre-order so I won't have to wait as long.[/QUOTE]

I tried to pre-order this at my Gamestop, and they said they can't take pre-orders on it. It was the manager of the store, and it's the main store for this area, so that's probably chain-wide.

I'm guessing this is going to be really hard to get :whistle2:(

This may be true for some people. I have read that simply applying for multiple credit cards at the same time is likely to TEMPORARILY decrease your credit score. And that getting turned down for a credit card may have a similar effect. Having a particular amount of credit available to you (i.e. X number of cards with Y amount you could borrow at any given time) may either increase or decrease your credit score, depending on your income and other factors.

In my case, I signed up for 3-4 credit cards within a two month period (I was on a free stuff website rampage -- came away with a plasma, PS3, two 360s, iPod and a DS) and I did not see a change to my credit score. So in my experience the impact on our credit rating from signing up for credit cards is YMMV.

[quote name='Vegan']Getting a bunch of credit cards to cash in deals has a negative impact on your credit score.[/quote]

Wait, this isn't like limited edition or something, is it? Looks like a normal old PS3 80 and the standard version of the game to me in the pictures. Do you mean it will be tough to get one on launch day? Otherwise, as people suggested above, it was my impression they'll keep selling this bundle for a while.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I tried to pre-order this at my Gamestop, and they said they can't take pre-orders on it. It was the manager of the store, and it's the main store for this area, so that's probably chain-wide.

I'm guessing this is going to be really hard to get :whistle2:([/quote]

i'm sure amazon is in the works of launching the same (or better) bundle very soon.
no way does CC have more clout than amazon...

That's not being an ass- gamestop is being an ass! ;)

[quote name='dfo']Wait, this isn't like limited edition or something, is it? Looks like a normal old PS3 80 and the standard version of the game to me in the pictures. Do you mean it will be tough to get one on launch day? Otherwise, as people suggested above, it was my impression they'll keep selling this bundle for a while.[/QUOTE]

Konami has a gun metal grey 40 GB PS3 with the special edition copy of MGS4 for $600 that is in very limited quantities, and only from konami.com

The MGS4 (normal edition) plus 80GB PS3 (plain old black) is not a limited edition bundle. I think it is Sony's attempt to spur PS3 sales (and I think it's going to work!). You are right, though, I think this is going to mean better PS3 sales for Sony for as long as they sell the bundle.

bread's done
Back