80GB PS3 and PSP2000 at 20% off @ Dell with coupons, but add tax

uricmu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dell Home has the 80GB PS3 $400, minus 15% with coupon CTV2$2HX963145 and minus another 5% with coupon TP5NV0VMFJ9BCZ. This comes down to $323+tax with free shipping.
(Credit to WhiteStallion on SD)

Note; I'm aware that there's a PS3 thread, but wanted to alert everyone that the PSP is also an option

This also seems to work on the slim PSP 2000, bringing it down to 137.27$ pretax.

[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crzyboy88']When would this expire? My friend is interested in getting a PSP.[/quote]
just tried the coupon and work fine,
when do they expire you ask,

15% Off Great Electronics and Accessories
Expires Saturday, December 27, 2008

-$25.50 Save an additional 5% on select game consoles and software!!
Expires Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's not 20% off. It's close, but not 20%. It's 15% (or 5%) off the 400-dollar-price. Then it's 5% (or 15%) off the price you end up with after the first decrease. (Depending on which one you use first. Both will end up with the same final price.)

I printed out the dell cart with the PS3 in it, and both codes applied. Took the print out to Best Buy and they price matched, plus 10% of the difference.

nice move jposterman, i would try that but the nearest best buy/CC store to me is 50 miles away, the price of gas and time would make it a loss. i didnt pay tax cuz i live in Oregon where sales tax is extinct.

Interesting that the PSP is involved. It isn't quite yet at the price point I want it at. There really aren't a lot of games that I'm interested for it but I'm very interested in Remote Play options and how much more interactive with the PS3 it is going to get.

I thought BestBuy doesn't price match online prices. Did they change their policy? Or is there a loophole? Or do I have to look for a dumbass employee?

[quote name='option.iv']I thought BestBuy doesn't price match online prices. Did they change their policy? Or is there a loophole? Or do I have to look for a dumbass employee?[/quote]
Yeah how exactly did you get them to price match it. Because im definitely thinking of taking the plunge and buying it.

nice deal for those who have yet to buy a ps3
icon_smile.gif

Best Buy does price match certain websites, generally those of their direct B&M competition. I'm not sure about Dell specifically.

But the PM on this is definitely YMMV.

I could purchase this right now off of Dell's website, or I could print out the checkout page and maybe get an additional 10% off at Best Buy. I don't know what to do!

[quote name='Lost.X87']I could purchase this right now off of Dell's website, or I could print out the checkout page and maybe get an additional 10% off at Best Buy. I don't know what to do![/quote]

i dont know, but it works for xbox 360 as well. just got a 60 gb for 258 shipped. it would have been 324 in store. woot!!!!

many thanks to the OP.

I've done this a few times at Best Buy. First time was with my flat screen HD tv, bought it a Best Buy and 10 days later Amazon had the same set for $300 less. Took in the amazon print out and argued with a manager at Best Buy, got the credit. This most recent time, I priced out the PS3 on the dell website, with coupons. Did the same on Amazon for a dual shock and blue ray remote. Went to BBuy, got all the items off the shelf and went directly to customer service with the items and print outs. Asked for a manager, said look I can buy all these online, or give you the sale but only if you will match these prices. They clerk glanced at the print out and said "OK" called a manager over to approve, he didn't even look at the print out. Did pay tax, but I like the satifaction of being able to return to local bbuy to return if there is a problem, etc.

Probably not worth it - I just tried to buy the PS3 on Dell's website. Everything up to checkout said "usually ships in 24 hours". Of course, once I've checked out I get a status update: estimated ship date 12/22/08. I'm going to cancel the order and see if bestbuy will match the price.

You know, this is interesting-- I think BB might be loosening their rules because I was picking up an order the other day and a guy was returning a camera, saying he found it for $50 cheaper online. The person in charge at the customer service area (dunno if she was the manager or not) came over, asked what website, because she would be willing to do a price match. I was fairly floored-- the guy turned them down, saying he already ordered from the site, and she said again that next time he should give them a chance to PM.

Anyone work at BB know what's going on here? I thought it was a bizarre fluke but given some of the stories in this thread I wonder if BB is quietly allowing more leeway in PMs to not lose sales?

I ordered this last night with my new Playstation credit card. I should still get the $150 off right? I checked that Dell was an authorized retailer. I'm just worried that you need to purchase at MSRP for the discount to be applied.

[quote name='Justin42']You know, this is interesting-- I think BB might be loosening their rules because I was picking up an order the other day and a guy was returning a camera, saying he found it for $50 cheaper online. The person in charge at the customer service area (dunno if she was the manager or not) came over, asked what website, because she would be willing to do a price match. I was fairly floored-- the guy turned them down, saying he already ordered from the site, and she said again that next time he should give them a chance to PM.

Anyone work at BB know what's going on here? I thought it was a bizarre fluke but given some of the stories in this thread I wonder if BB is quietly allowing more leeway in PMs to not lose sales?[/quote]

You know what, I'm going to try printing out the checkout page and taking it to my local BB this weekend, but with my crappy luck i doubt it will happen- its definitely worth a try though.

[quote name='someguy123']You know what, I'm going to try printing out the checkout page and taking it to my local BB this weekend, but with my crappy luck i doubt it will happen- its definitely worth a try though.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it would help to offer to buy the BB service contract if they pricematch???

Just saying is all, the price match will save you $7 + tax. I'm pretty sure my time is worth more than $7, so if I hadn't bought my PS3 last month I'd be all over Dell. This being CAG and all, every dollar counts I suppose.

Was interested in purchasing a ps3 for myself but not looking forward to phone tag with dell customer service over a possible shipping date...called my local best buys (paramus + west paterson, nj) and all 3 of them refused to pricematch dell.com orders only "local competitors"...if anyone else has luck getting this to work let me know...

[quote name='WebHead82']Was interested in purchasing a ps3 for myself but not looking forward to phone tag with dell customer service over a possible shipping date...called my local best buys (paramus + west paterson, nj) and all 3 of them refused to pricematch dell.com orders only "local competitors"...if anyone else has luck getting this to work let me know...[/quote]

yea my 360 wont ship until 12 11 and i ordered it wed. but at least i got my ps3 to keep me busy.

[quote name='kaydot']Just saying is all, the price match will save you $7 + tax. I'm pretty sure my time is worth more than $7, so if I hadn't bought my PS3 last month I'd be all over Dell. This being CAG and all, every dollar counts I suppose.[/quote]

Well i actually kind of disagree you wont get the console until the very end of the year because of Dell's ridiculous shipping time, so the 7 bucks is not all i want to go to BB for.

[quote name='plucas']The PS3 is now "Temporarily Out Of Stock.."[/quote]
What really i just bought mine like two seconds ago, yeah my local BB doesn't price match dell I guess that one guy was just extremely lucky.:cry: O well i got my PS3 for $342 (damn chicago tax)i'm pretty happy with the purchase otherwise it would of been around 440 so i guess i saved $100.

[quote name='etschell']yea my 360 wont ship until 12 11 and i ordered it wed. but at least i got my ps3 to keep me busy.[/quote]
Your lucky my ps3 isn't shipping until the 22nd hopefully ill have it before Christmas.

I wouldn't even try my local best buy. I tried to get them to price match wal-mart when they were doing the 100 gift card thing and they refused because only the closest wal-mart didn't have it in stock.

I ordered one yesterday over the phone when it said "temporarily out of stock" Last night my shipping date was the 19th today my shipping status has changed to shipped and it should arrive between the 10-12th.

I just left the walmart in riverdale,nj and got them (thru various arguments with store employees who apparently have no clue what they're doing) to price match the dell.com xbox 360 arcade bundle w/ rockband...they wouldn't give me rockband but I figure $202.50 (tax included, $189 subtotal) isn't a bad price to pay for an xbox...rockband is a waste without the instruments anyway right? now I can scoop up that refurbished hard drive/controller deal from cc and call it a day!!! Hi-5 for cheapassgamer and slickdeals!!!

Even though it said it was out of stock, I just used these coupons for the PSP Ratchet and Clank pack--came to $161.49 before tax and shipping was free.

I don't mind if it takes a while before I get it...just as long as I do eventually.

Thanks guys!

There has been a delay in fulfilling your Order Number listed below and we have adjusted the estimated ship date for this order (see Revised Estimated Ship Date).
We appreciate your patience and apologize for this delay.

Booooooooooooooo! Damn Dell.

Anybody know the answer to my question above? The Playstation card deal should work with Dell right?

Looks like it's really OOS now, only thing left is the bundle with far cry 2 for 460.

Edit: Spent half and hour on the phone with dell. The 15% coupon doesn't stack with the coupon it uses to make the game free in the bundle, but the 5% coupon does.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I am concerned, have always had good luck with Dell shipping just before Christmas. If you are concerned at all, just give them a call and let them know it is a gift and you need it before the holiday, and you will most likely get express shipping if it is necessary. Good luck to all of you...

As for the Sony credit working with Dell, as long as Dell is an authorized merchant, you are fine, the price you paid isn't important, as long as it was over the minimum.... :bouncy:

[quote name='GWIZ2260']As far as I am concerned, have always had good luck with Dell shipping just before Christmas. If you are concerned at all, just give them a call and let them know it is a gift and you need it before the holiday, and you will most likely get express shipping if it is necessary. Good luck to all of you
[/quote]
On the contrary I've had nothing but bad luck with their shipping department, ill give them a call either way hopefully i don't get a$$hole.

Went ahead and printed out my Dell cart and brought it with me to my local BB and they price matched it with no problems. This was for a 360 elite and I just went ahead with the printout straight to the customer service desk, where they contacted a super who approved the PM. This was in Lafayette, IN store.

[quote name='GWIZ2260']Went ahead and printed out my Dell cart and brought it with me to my local BB and they price matched it with no problems. This was for a 360 elite and I just went ahead with the printout straight to the customer service desk, where they contacted a super who approved the PM. This was in Lafayette, IN store.[/quote]
I Hate you.

:booty:

I am sure I happened to get lucky on that, but was just wanting to let other fellow CAG'ers to know as it may be able to help someone.

[quote name='GWIZ2260']:booty:

I am sure I happened to get lucky on that, but was just wanting to let other fellow CAG'ers to know as it may be able to help someone.[/quote]
Yeah of course i was JK, my damn BB and WM are too damn uptight.

Well after telling me the PS3 would ship on the 5th, then emailing me to tell me it was delayed until the 12th, Dell shipped it on the 5th. Sheesh what a messed up system. Now I'm just waiting for the charge to post to the Playstation card so I can see if I get automatically credited.

[quote name='CharlesC']Well after telling me the PS3 would ship on the 5th, then emailing me to tell me it was delayed until the 12th, Dell shipped it on the 5th. Sheesh what a messed up system. Now I'm just waiting for the charge to post to the Playstation card so I can see if I get automatically credited.[/quote]
Wait so you got yours shipped by the 5th wtf! (i ordered on the 4th)my estimated delivery date isnt until the 25th witch means i wont get it until after christmas which sux major balls!!!!!

ahh PSP 3000 is out of stock on Dell. Phaking hell. How do I price match at Best Buy. Do I print out the price before checkout?

Suggestions?

bread's done
Back