80GB PS3 Refurbished $109.99 Microcenter B&M YMMV

Ultragamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (97%)
Just got back from Microcenter, a friend of mind pointed me to the ad which shows the 80GB PS3 for $109.99. I checked the site last night and it looked like they took the item off their website but the deal is active in stores. Got one for a friend who wasn't able to get in on the deal himself.

Here's a scan of the page they gave me in-store:
80GBPS3.jpg

Receipt
80GBPS3_2.jpg

and a scan of it in the sales ad
80GBPS3_1.jpg

URL for it online(They seem to have taken it the purchase ability offline for it) http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0357487

Edit: Added receipt and scan of the sales ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, that's a great deal, might just grab one and do something with it...What that is, I'm not sure.

Thanks for the heads up!

Great deal if someone is close to a MicroCenter (and they have one in stock). Too bad it isn't available online anymore.

Too bad these aren't the BC 4 usb 80Gb's as I would grab another of these as a backup to my other 2 which are running fine. Still a great price and it comes with a 1 year warranty from Sony to top it off. Use a qualfied CC that doubles your warranty and you are basically good to end of the gen(2 years).

I have gone thru 3 360 refurbs from them (all red ringed or hard drive failed). Unless they they have that unlimited exchange program like they did a few years ago, then screw that.

Tempted to have my wife pick one up on her way to her cousins- quite a fluke. But I think I would rather pay $200 or $300 (with $100 giftcard) for a brand new system than risk some shady refurbed system. YLOD seems to becoming common on the old systems. My CC extends any warranty for a year and this is a crazy deal though, hmmm. Wonder what MC's protection is.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Tempted to have my wife pick one up on her way to her cousins- quite a fluke. But I think I would rather pay $200 or $300 (with $100 giftcard) for a brand new system than risk some shady refurbed system. YLOD seems to becoming common on the old systems. My CC extends any warranty for a year and this is a crazy deal though, hmmm. Wonder what MC's protection is.[/QUOTE]

This comes with a 1 year warranty from Sony so it will be 2 yeas with your card. I would go for it with all the big PS3 exclusives coming out this fall(R3,UC3 and R&CAF1, and TM). I have 2 older 80gb PS3's that are BC and have had no issues with them.

[quote name='3rdbass']This comes with a 1 year warranty from Sony so it will be 2 yeas with your card. I would go for it with all the big PS3 exclusives coming out this fall(R3,UC3 and R&CAF1, and TM). I have 2 older 80gb PS3's that are BC and have had no issues with them.[/QUOTE]

Doh, probably should have done it. Way too far to drive now. I wasn't sure if refurb always means from sony + warranty or the stores themselves do it (doesn't GS do that?) and offer their own warranty or not. I want to play the new TM and don't like using my old BC PS3 :(

Some people on another forum has been reporting that they have been receiving new units in these refurbished boxes. If you check the refurb page on the Microcenter site, it does list that these units could just be overstock and not been used. Also it's coming with the 3.15 firmware.

[quote name='bludd']Some people on another forum has been reporting that they have been receiving new units in these refurbished boxes. If you check the refurb page on the Microcenter site, it does list that these units could just be overstock and not been used. Also it's coming with the 3.15 firmware.[/QUOTE]

The one I got for my friend was definitely new, had the original packaging and everything, even the dualshock looked like it had never been touched before. This one has FW 3.00 on it which even still had the OtherOS feature. I was very impressed.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']i went to my local microcenter yesterday with no luck.

anyone know if gamestop would match the price if they were shown the ad?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop never price matches, so no they won't. I know right now craigslist has a couple listings in my area for these refurbished PS3's now for $190. Guess I know where all the stock went at my local place.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Gamestop never price matches, so no they won't. I know right now craigslist has a couple listings in my area for these refurbished PS3's now for $190. Guess I know where all the stock went at my local place.[/QUOTE]
Resellers are greedy pigs....for the most part.

I called my MC yesterday right as it opened and the guy I talked to said they had one left then had a pause and then went to go check it. I am pretty sure that he was BSing me when he said that he read it as an 80GB Phatty when it was really after checking only a 40GB....pretty sure that guy saw the deal and then went to go claim it for himself....anyways aside from that it saved me the hassle and realizing for once that deals can be passed and can save me munnies :)

According to a buddy who works at MC, this is a permanent price drop...which is good and bad. Good because if they get some back in stock next week, it'll still be at this price. Bad because you can't get a raincheck for a price drop.

Also, none in stock at the MI store.

Called the Houston location earlier today. They said they are OOS. I was told to give them a call on Friday when the next truck comes in.

lol

I would actually buy a PS3 for that price. Keep it off line of course, no need to lose all my personal data to Sony and their haxorz.

I'd probably just pick up the one or two exclusives, too bad it didn't have backward compatibility, I'd love to have played some of the mech strategy games.

[quote name='friedram']I would actually buy a PS3 for that price. Keep it off line of course, no need to lose all my personal data to Sony and their haxorz.[/QUOTE]

You know you don't need to put your credit card number in right? You can use $20 or $50 PSN cards and use fake addresses and a hotmail address....

don't post on slick deals or fatwallet you called the store, you will get flamed and flamed and flamed.... their first rule is do not call the store, because it employees will apparently lie and set it aside for themselves. I see a lot of things appear on those sites from here. Much nicer community here though of course.

I need to check my local MC for this, i was there 3 times last weekend and never looked lol. Didn't get the new ad or my wife tossed it before i looked at it

i checked my store but none in stock, im just going to call every other day and keep checking. might get lucky

[quote name='AsobiSeksu']Wish they would expand to the west coast![/QUOTE]They are on the west coast. :bouncy:
And for those saying that these are new, that's how SCEA packages their refurbished units. They swap out the old exteriors and install the guts in the new ones. If you read the repair/exchange/service threads you'll see that this is how they do it. Any failed internal parts will be replaced, as well.

I nabbed one this morning at the Yonkers Micro Center. At 10:30 AM they had 7 left (-1 for the one I bought, so 6 now). Looks like they just came back in stock, so if you weren't able to get one yet, don't lose hope.

Came out to $119 after taxes.

This is so tempting, I may pick one up if I can find one for that price.
Definitely don't need another console since I have a 360/wii/ds, but am interested in it as a blue-ray player for that price...

I just called the Mayfield Heights, OH store. The guy told me they got 20 in this morning and confirmed the 109.99 price to me. Heading out there right now.

The chicago store was restocked yesterday also. Had 12 yesterday and 6 left today. Guy said they get shipments every couple weeks, but it's random.

$110 for a PS3 can't be beat. Thanks, op!

Cambridge, MA sold out...they don't know when they will restock as it is at random - expecting lots of people to be filling it up this weekend...probably going there when they open and hope for the best each day.
This price is too damn good to pass up...just hope that resellers don't bounce on it first :(

I was at the Columbus, OH one and didn't see any 80GBs, but saw 160GB and 320GB. Might check back tomorrow. When you call are you just asking if they have any refurb 80GBs?

[quote name='Optical']I was at the Columbus, OH one and didn't see any 80GBs, but saw 160GB and 320GB. Might check back tomorrow. When you call are you just asking if they have any refurb 80GBs?[/QUOTE]

I did and am pretty sure that when he said that there was one left he actually went to see if it was an 80GB and said it was 40GB....90% certain that he just put it aside for himself :drool:

[quote name='Optical']I was at the Columbus, OH one and didn't see any 80GBs, but saw 160GB and 320GB. Might check back tomorrow. When you call are you just asking if they have any refurb 80GBs?[/QUOTE]
At my store, they were not on the floor. I had to ask about them and the salesperson looked it up on the computer and brought stock out from the back room. And yes, ask specifically about the 80GB refurbs.

[quote name='FromChaos']The chicago store was restocked yesterday also. Had 12 yesterday and 6 left today. Guy said they get shipments every couple weeks, but it's random.

$110 for a PS3 can't be beat. Thanks, op![/QUOTE]

Was that by any chance the Westmont store?

I snagged the last one @ Overland Park, KS today - one of you cheapasses got there minutes before me and grabbed 4 of them, according to the associate ^_^

bread's done
Back