87 TRU Stores closing - currently 10% off consoles 20% off games 40% off accessories

wannabepunktony

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
THE GIST:
87 TRU's are closing
Current sale at (will drop to bigger discounts):

10-30% off all consoles
20-50% off all games
20-50% off all guides
40-50% off all accessories

*All discount amounts YMMV. Check the list below for a possible update on where each store is at.
*All items bought cannot be returned or exchanged anywhere (the barcodes will be crossed out with a marker).
*Further discounts should happen every 1, 2 weeks. It seemed at first it would be a YMMV on when, but it seems all stores are dropping prices at the same time.
*Stores will probably close sometime around Feb. 27th, give or take a couple weeks. Really just depends on how much merch is still moving when that time comes.

Complete Toys R Us Store Closing List (87 out of 87):

AZ (1)
830 East Camelback Rd. (Phoenix)

CA (10)
735 E. Birch St. (Brea) (40%-60% - CLOSING 3/5)
775 Serramonte Blvd. (Colma) (50%-70%)
3938 Horton (Emeryville) (40%-50%)
1400 Gateway Blvd. (Fairfield) (40%-60%)
1196 W. Olive Ave. (Merced) (60%-80% - CLOSING 2/25)
1336 Hilltop Drive (Redding)
8181 Mira Mesa Blvd. (San Diego) (30%-50% - CLOSING 2/26)
2675 Geary St. (San Francisco) (30%-50%)
2751 Cherry Ave. (Signal Hill) (30%-50%)
1182 Admiral Callahan Dr. (Vallejo)

CO (3)
585 25-1/2 Rd. (Grand Junction)
5395 South Wadsworth Ave. (Littleton)
3610 Dillon Drive (Pueblo)

FL (5)
650 University Dr. (Coral Springs)
8621 Coral Way (Miami)
3860 Central Sarasota Pkwy (Sarasota)
1702 N. Dale Mabry (Tampa) (50%-70% - CLOSING 2/27)
6590 20th Street (Vero Beach) (30%-50%)

GA (1)
3660 Eisenhour Pkwy (Macon)

IA (2)
1300 Kennedy Road (Dubuque)
4269 Sergeant Road (Sioux City)

IL (4)
40 W. Rand Road (Arlington Heights) (30%-50%)
1584 N. State Rt. 50 (Bourbonnais)
8900 Lafayette St. (Chicago)
16855 Torrence Ave. (Lansing) (50%-80% - CLOSING 2/25)

IN (2)
4575 W. 38th St. (Indianapolis) (30%-50%)
4100 South Franklin St. (Michigan City)

KS (1)
4646 W. Kellogg (Wichita)

KY (1)
5115 Frederica St. (Owensboro)

LA (1)
12250 I-10 @ Bullard (New Orleans)

MA (4)
200 Alewife Brook Pkwy. (Cambridge) (50%-70%)
14 Allstate Road (Dorchester)
50 Ingleside Mall (Holyoke) (30%-50%)
630 Fellsway West (Medford)

MD (3)
933 Washington Blvd. (Laurel) (30%-50%)
1238 Putty Hill Ave. (Towson) (30%-50%)
10901 Georgia Ave. (Wheaton) (30%-50%)

MI (3)
5740 Beckley Road (Battle Creek)
2353 N. Park Drive (Holland) (30%-50%)
6910 Eastman Ave. (Midland) (30%-50%)

MN (2)
925 West Central Entrance (Duluth) (50%-70% - CLOSING ON 2/26)
8236 Tamarack Village (Woodbury)

MO (2)
900 N.W. Plaza (Bridgeton) (30%-50%)
9110 Hillcrest Rd. (Kansas City)

MS (2)
2650 Beach Blvd. (Biloxi)
3850 Hwy. 80 (West Jackson)

NC (2)
6100A E. Independence Blvd. (Charlotte)
4325 Glenwood Avenue (Raleigh) (30%-50%)

NJ (1)
Troy Hills Shopping Center (Parsippany) (40%-50%)

NM (2)
2532 E. Lohman Ave. (Las Cruces)
4360 Rodeo Road (Santa Fe) (50%-70% - CLOSING 2/26-27)

NY (7)
2160 Jericho Turnpike (Commack) (50%-70%)
3405 Erie Blvd. Hills Plaza (De Witt)
240 W. Sunrise Hwy. (Freeport)
168-23/45 Jamaica Ave. (Jamaica)
3501 Hempstead Turnpike (Levittown) (50%-70%)
929 Williams Rd. (Niagra Falls) (30%-50%)
105 Mill Road (Staten Island)

OH (4)
2213 Roming Road (Akron) (30%-50%)
4340 West Broad St. (Columbus) (50%-70%)
11392 Princeton Rd. (Springdale)
1501 Bechtle Ave. (Springfield) (50%-70%)

OR (1)
1950 SE-14th Street (Albany) (50%-80%)

PA (2)
4000 Oxford Dr. (Bethel Park)
641 Baltimore Pk. (Springfield) (50%-70% - CLOSING 2/26-27)

SC (2)
1987 Sam Rittenburg Blvd. (Charleston)
7201 Two Notch Road (Columbia) (20%-40%)

TN (2)
5255 Hickory Hollow Pkwy (Antioch)
2665 Perkins (Memphis)

TX (8)
3850 Ridgemont Drive (Abilene)
800 Sunrise Blvd. (Brownsville)
11210 North Freeway (Houston) (50%-70% - CLOSING 2/25)
4238 Sunset Dr. (San Angelo)
2301 SW Military Road (San Antonio)
3201 N. Highway 75 (Sherman)
3323 Mall Drive. (Texarkana)
7905 N. Navarro Street (Victoria)

UT (1)
4040 Riverdale Rd. (Ogden) (30%-50% - CLOSING 4/1)

VA (3)
4019 W. Mercury Blvd. (Hampton)
2035-129 E. Market St. (Harrisonburg)
8449 Lessburg Pike (Tyson's Corner) (30%-50%)

WA (3)
150 E. Bellis Fair Parkway (Bellingham) (30%-50%)
3l5l0 20th Ave. (South Federal Way)
6104 N. Division St. (Spokane)

WI (2)
443 North Rolling Meadows Drive (Fond Du Lac)
2161 Zeier Road (Madison)

Thanks to everyone who helped with the store/sale list!

1/7 3AM EDIT: I am going to my TRU tomorrow to shop, as I bet many of the rest of you will too. Post what deals and stores you find and hopefully we can compile something worthwhile here. ^_^

1/7 1PM EDIT: Trying to compile what stores we have confirmed are closing; also adding what seems to be the current sale. Since each store is bought by local liqudators, your discounts may be different and drop slower/faster, so YMMV on the discounts, for better or for worse.

1/8 11PM EDIT: Looks like we are looking at about two weeks for the next drop, which should be to 20% - 40%. The time of the drop and the amount is up to each liqudator, so YMMV when it comes to it. But two weeks should be about right for all the stores. Store list updated, along with return policy. Forgot to ask about exchanges though, doh. >_<

1/11 2:30PM EDIT: Changed closed store total from 72 to 87, 12 of which are being turned into Babys R Us. Closing store list also updated.

1/13 3:30AM EDIT: Updated the closed store list. Added a note below about "fixture" sale information (which probably varies per store on how they go about selling the stuff off).

1/13 11:45PM EDIT: Updated the closed store list. Added news on possible console discounts.

1/16 3PM EDIT: Looks like Reality's Fringe was right on a nation-wide clearance increase, so thanks to him for the head's up!

1/16 11PM EDIT: Complete closing store list added!

2/9 7:30PM EDIT: Updated %s

I walked into work today for my paycheck and to price adjust some games, and one of the managers took me aside, gave me some paperwork and told me our TRU (Bellingham, WA) along with 72 others are being closed, effective tomorrow. Well, at least my store tomorrow, but I assume everyone else is in the same boat. The earliest they will actually close their doors is Feburary 27th, so there will be plenty of time to take advantage of the sale.

According to the manager, everything will be clearanced for the closing sale starting tomorrow, and only a few things will not be part of that, being video game hardware. I asked about games and she said she didn't know. I don't know exactly what the clearance is going to start at, but I would say 30% (what the GT sale usually starts at) would be a good guess.

If you bought anything from a closing TRU before today and you want to return, exchange, price adjust, whatever, you can still do so. But: everything bought from here on out CANNOT be returned. If they are like my store, they take a big black marker and cross out the UPC. They do this so you cannot return it to another TRU. I didn't get the whole speech, so exchanges may be okay, but no more returns, no more price adjustments.

Also: all TRU coupons, sales, price drops, whatever are no longer valid at the closing stores, since they are not really TRUs anymore.

If not already, you should be seeing soon some sort of poster, fill-out form, whatever in your TRU about selling the fixtures, etc. This includes video game display posters, standees, the playable game set-ups, etc. At my store, it was a cardboard kisok thing with a form you filled out with your contact info and what you want, and they'll contact you with a price. Don't know what things will go for, but you may or may not be able to score some cool stuff.

[quote name='HeyGuys']still 20-40% here.

how do you get batenkaitos w/soudtrack for $8? here it rings up $30 - 20%

I want to buy copies to give to others, because it is fun. I paid much more and don't regret it.

are taikos w/drum only @ 20%? or the 40% accessories level?

one more thing, are action replays considered games or accessories?[/QUOTE]

You probably have a Toys R Us where they put white UPC sticker covering the original UPC on Baten Kaitos. This a different UPC which rings up at $29.99. IF the copy doesn't have the white sticker it will ring up at $9.99. I know some people have removed the sticker themselves to get the lower price, but that's up to you.

Parsippany NJ store has moved to 30-50. The woman snagged a bunch of stuff... nothing wrong with a $40 PDZ LE, I think.

Bellingham, WA TRU still 20%-40%. =\ I should start breaking the list into discounts now, to make this easier to know when your store has up'd the discount....

Niagara falls is still 20-40% off, the store is packed, tons of stuff left, not much worth buying (toy wise) really until it hits something like 70%-80% off, some stuff will be worth it at 50% off but not a lot.

So what's the general situation with DS games? I'd be interested in some DS games when they get dirt cheap if anybody thinks any will still be around. I'm sure the more expensive DS games will go fast, but if anybody can find a polarium or ridge racer that they could ship for under $10 I'd appreciate a heads up, thanks.

Not holding my breath, but maybe...

Columbia, SC TRU (two notch) was still 20%-40% today. I caved in and bought Psychonauts (xbox) for $30 plus discount. All the xbox live stuff was gone except for the 3 month packages. Seems like alot of accessories are still left. Games themselves are getting thinner. Someone hit up most of the 360 games.

[quote name='levi333']Oregon TRU 30% to 50% off now.[/QUOTE]
Confirmed. I picked up the last Killzone for $6.99 yesterday.

They simply crossed the UPC on the shrinkwrap with a permanent marker. It was easily erased with goo gone.

Btw, anyone knows what the Oregon TRU liquidation schedule would be?

[quote name='SpazX']So what's the general situation with DS games? I'd be interested in some DS games when they get dirt cheap if anybody thinks any will still be around. I'm sure the more expensive DS games will go fast, but if anybody can find a polarium or ridge racer that they could ship for under $10 I'd appreciate a heads up, thanks.

Not holding my breath, but maybe...[/QUOTE]

The Wheaton, MD store had a ton of copies of Polarium for $9.99 yesterday (Sunday 1/29)

[quote name='raw92378']The Wheaton, MD store had a ton of copies of Polarium for $9.99 yesterday (Sunday 1/29)[/QUOTE]

How was the rest of the store's lineup? I went there about two weeks ago, but the prices hadn't dropped to a point that it was worth buying anything. Has it been pretty picked over yet?

I appologize if this has already been posted, but i can confirm that the Springfield, Ohio TRU now has all its video games bumped up to 30% off and accessories at 50% off. Still has a lot of DS games, some slim pickings on everything else.

The Wheaton store is slowly losing everything. There are still copies of the $49.95 games, but the rest of the stuff has been picked through. I overheard one of the employees say that they are putting a BB there. Oh Joy! I love BB and can't wait. He said they are shooting for end of March to open the BB.

[quote name='raw92378']The Wheaton, MD store had a ton of copies of Polarium for $9.99 yesterday (Sunday 1/29)[/QUOTE]

With the percentage off? How low would it have to go for you to be willing to ship me a copy for $10? :p

Well I'll trade for polarium, anybody that can get one can check my list for a trade. I also have a Bomberman DS that isn't on my list that I might trade for it if somebody wants it, I haven't really played it much and probably never will.

TRU in Merced, CA has 30% off games and 50% off accessories. I got Eyetoy Kinetic for $25 (I guess they consider it an accessory) and Karaoke Revolution (PS2) for $38. They had most of the better DS titles in stock, and I was really tempted, but I spent over $200 bucks total so I decided I'd better not. I suspect another mark down in two weeks, since they had barely marked it down on Saturday from the original 10/30%

The Houston TX I45 store still has quite a bit.

Ton of DDR bundles for XBOX and PS2, PS2 FF11 HDD's, good selection of newer, current gen games and a BUNCH of LIVE starter kits.

I did snag the last X360 MS brand VGA cables though!

Oh yeah and still have a TON of DS games Castlevania included.

Whoah, I didn't know Baten Kaitos had an OST. If anyone can get me one for a good price PM me and tell me how much.! I actually already have the game, so just the OST would be good, but I'll purchase the game with the soundtrack if need be.

Also if there are any great GBA games out there you can get me, then give me a PM.

Thanks! :) :) :)

[quote name='DX']The Houston TX I45 store still has quite a bit.

Ton of DDR bundles for XBOX and PS2, PS2 FF11 HDD's, good selection of newer, current gen games and a BUNCH of LIVE starter kits.

I did snag the last X360 MS brand VGA cables though!

Oh yeah and still have a TON of DS games Castlevania included.[/QUOTE]

How much off for the stuff? Any good console or portable(DS/GBA) games? I just bought Catlevania: DoS at Best Buy using the coupon, but it was still over $26 after tax.

I broke down and picked up a Gamecube with the 30% discount. I can actually play those GC games I've picked up over the past couple months :)

damn 20-30% off for nintendo DS , but the 2 TRU's that are closing do not have any systems left...i saw metal slug4&5 for xbox but it rang up at $39....which version is the cheap one?

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite']How much off for the stuff? Any good console or portable(DS/GBA) games? I just bought Catlevania: DoS at Best Buy using the coupon, but it was still over $26 after tax.[/QUOTE]

Games are 30% off and accessories 50%. Got the VGA cables for $20.

LOTS of DS and GBA games left but no hardware.

The Levittown NY Toys R Us is at 30-50%, and they do have some decent stuff left. There are a number of XBOX, GameCube, and PS2 games. A few XB360 faceplates and AV cables, and a LOAD of DS games. I got Metroid Prime Pinball and Jade Empire (LE) while I was there today. For DS they had Advance Wars, Castlevania, Trauma Center, Trace Memory, and a few other games.

I haven't been to the Toys R Us in Commack NY in about three weeks but last I was there they didn't have much and were at 20-40.. just the typical dance pads and such, and a lot of Nintendogs and Polarium.

So Polarium is $10 at 30% off? Anybody think there'll be some left when it hits 40%? I'll pay like $12 for it or trade.

Signal Hill TRU is now 30% - 50% off. They are now out of systems and the games are getting picked over pretty bad. But I did pick up Donky Konga at 30% and an extra set of bongos at 50% off.

Springfield, PA is now at 30%-50%. Pretty much cleaned out of PS2 games, some Cube games left (About 25% Baten Kato, with soundtrack unfortunately so still $20 after discount). A decent amount of DS and XBox games. The only remaining hardware is GB Micros.

[quote name='8bitlover']Signal Hill TRU is now 30% - 50% off. They are now out of systems and the games are getting picked over pretty bad. But I did pick up Donky Konga at 30% and an extra set of bongos at 50% off.[/QUOTE]
donkey konga rings up as $50 then 30% off right?

I work at a TRU in Ohio, it's not on the list. Two times in the last month when I try to cash my paycheck I am denied and told that Toys R Us had some bad checks come back and they can no longer cash checks from them. I hope they all close.
Joe

Was at the 38th St. Indianapolis TRU last night...they are still at 20% off games/40% accessories and they are wiped out of pretty much everything decent.

They still had plenty of dance pads and eye toy games...so I'm going to try to get those at a deeper discount. I picked up the last Golden Sun: The Lost Age GBA for $8.00.

[quote name='joewherefast']I work at a TRU in Ohio, it's not on the list. Two times in the last month when I try to cash my paycheck I am denied and told that Toys R Us had some bad checks come back and they can no longer cash checks from them. I hope they all close.
Joe[/QUOTE]

TRU wouldn't cash their own check?

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']donkey konga rings up as $50 then 30% off right?[/QUOTE]

Yes it was $50 then 30% off. They still had about 7 or 8 left yesterday. They were out of the Jungle Beat set and only had 1 extra bongo left.

[quote name='Rictor']Was at the 38th St. Indianapolis TRU last night...they are still at 20% off games/40% accessories and they are wiped out of pretty much everything decent.

They still had plenty of dance pads and eye toy games...so I'm going to try to get those at a deeper discount. I picked up the last Golden Sun: The Lost Age GBA for $8.00.[/QUOTE]
Doubt they're gonna up the clearance within the week or two. Talked to a guy that worked the Rzone and he said they're looking to close around March or April.

Tyson's Corner is 30/50, not a lot left, bunch of xbox dancepads, both wireless and wired, tons of generic controllers.

The sales dude said that they were closing on the 26th of Feb.

bread's done
Back