87 TV shows were cancelled in 2011 check out the list

Correct--at least one of these shows is not "cancelled" in the usual sense of the word: The Closer is ending because the show's star Kyra Sedwick is no longer interested in continuing the series. The final season of The Closer is an "extended" one which runs until Summer next year.

As I go through this, I question some. Wasn't the Cape cancelled last year? I didn't think it ever returned after the holidays.

I'm afraid I didn't watch any of these shows, so if that resulted in the cancellation of a show you liked, I apologize. I will try to do better next time.

[quote name='lordopus99']As I go through this, I question some. Wasn't the Cape cancelled last year? I didn't think it ever returned after the holidays.[/QUOTE]

Considering it didn't even premier until January, it was most definitely cancelled this year.

[quote name='lordopus99']As I go through this, I question some. Wasn't the Cape cancelled last year? I didn't think it ever returned after the holidays.[/QUOTE]

Six seasons and a movie.

I swear if nbc shitcans community I am going to crawl in a corner and cry.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Six seasons and a movie.

I swear if nbc shitcans community I am going to crawl in a corner and cry.[/QUOTE]

Between that and Parks and Rec being on the bubble as well, along with the general decline of The Office this year, pretty much guarantees Thursday NBC would be dead to me

Lie to me, Man Up, and United states of Tara were the only shows on this list I actually watched. Lie to me being the one I liked the most.

I remembered most of the shows on that list that I watched and were cancelled, but I totally forgot Memphis Beat, Mr. Sunshine, and Traffic Light bit the dust. I should have at least remembered the last two since they're not appearing on the mid-season schedules. Memphis Beat was actually pretty good compared to other "cop dramas," but it was kind of lost out there as a late-Spring/Summer show on TNT of all places.

somehow whitney got a season 2

what an amazing list majority of the shows I forgot about or surprised they got cancelled

[quote name='GUNNM']somehow whitney got a season 2

what an amazing list majority of the shows I forgot about or surprised they got cancelled[/QUOTE]

fuck Whitney, seriously if that show gets renewed and Parks & Rec or Community don't there's something seriously wrong with NBC. No one likes it and its ratings aren't exactly spectacular. I thought it was alright the first week or two but its WAY too repetitive, already only 1/2 of a season into it, and the supporting cast is TERRIBLE.

I will second the disbelief for how Whitney was renewed. I find her incredibly hot and love her sense of humor, but the NBS show is just plain turrible.

[quote name='lawhorns04']I will second the disbelief for how Whitney was renewed. I find her incredibly hot and love her sense of humor, but the NBS show is just plain turrible.[/QUOTE]

Its not really Whitney herself, or even the boyfriend, but rather the show that's been built around them. Its horribly cliched and not particularly interesting. For example, the "cop buddy" character is a blatant ripoff of Barney from How I Met Your Mother but was cast completely wrong and not written nearly as well. The divorced female friend? Samantha from Sex in the City. The "perfect couple" is once again ripped from How I Met Your Mother in the form of Lilly and Marshall but not nearly as endearing.

How anyone at NBC sees promise in this show is beyond me, but I can tell you this, if it continues this way there's absolutely no way they're gonna be able to finish a 2nd season. I can't imagine its gonna be able to go up from here.

Parks and Rec and Community are in trouble? They're NBC's funniest shows.

Whitney is mediocre at best. I've only seen it because I don't turn the channel. But I think it's switching nights next season so I can't imagine it being successful then.

2 broke girls is also horrible. kat dennings was hot in nick and nora but looks horrible in the waitress outfit.

[quote name='jngx80']Parks and Rec and Community are in trouble? They're NBC's funniest shows.

Whitney is mediocre at best. I've only seen it because I don't turn the channel. But I think it's switching nights next season so I can't imagine it being successful then.

2 broke girls is also horrible. kat dennings was hot in nick and nora but looks horrible in the waitress outfit.[/QUOTE]
Community is on hiatus precisely because nobody watches it. Low ratings are the death blow for NBC shows.

[quote name='Beatofficer']Lie to me, Man Up, and United states of Tara were the only shows on this list I actually watched. Lie to me being the one I liked the most.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the GF and I watched Lie to Me. It was a pretty good show, and had decent ratings. They cancelled it out of the blue around Comic Con, when we were hoping they'd be there. We weren't happy.

Also, Prime Suspect isn't officially cancelled. GF likes that show, but I think it's a fucking yawnfest. Never saw the British version.

Criminal Intent was cause Vincent D'Onofrio wasn't interested in playing Goren any more. Then they brought in Jeff Goldblum, which bombed pretty hard. Then they brought D'Onofrio and Erbe back for a short final season.

Secret Diaries of a Call Girl... is British, so I don't know why it was included. Only really care about it cause Billie Piper was Rose in Doctor Who.

Skins was yet another British adaptation, cancelled not because of poor ratings, but cause of all the complaints.

(Dammit, V was cancelled? I just bought season 1. When they stopped airing for like months, I forgot about it when it came back.)

You can almost count Caprica as 2011, since the burn episodes were aired this year. Maybe.

Part of the reason I don't watch many new shows is because they just cancel it immediately. So it's like I'll just wait to see if it's dropped before I start watching. It's a self fulfilling prophecy =P

[quote name='JJSP']Community is on hiatus precisely because nobody watches it. Low ratings are the death blow for NBC shows.[/QUOTE]

Going head-to-head with Big Bang Theory doesn't help it either. I'm wondering if Community could do any better than Whitney if it got The Office as its lead-in.

I don't remember most of the shows on the list.

[quote name='whoknows']A bunch of cop and lawyer shows were canceled? I'm shocked.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, there'll be another batch next year. Maybe we'll go back to doctor shows too, its about time the executives thought that genre needs to be "revived."

[quote name='RedvsBlue']fuck Whitney, seriously if that show gets renewed and Parks & Rec or Community don't there's something seriously wrong with NBC. No one likes it and its ratings aren't exactly spectacular. I thought it was alright the first week or two but its WAY too repetitive, already only 1/2 of a season into it, and the supporting cast is TERRIBLE.[/QUOTE]

Whitney's ratings are better than Parks or Community. It's because of The Office lead-in. Once they move it to Wednesday, the ratings will drop and it'll get canceled just like Outsourced.

bread's done
Back