8bitWonder Situation Possibly Resolved. Click & Read page 3.

[quote name='mbradley1992']Oh, trust me. I understand. I've been ripped off myself once on CAG, and twice on eBay in the last six months. My only point was that it is becoming more rampant.

Anyways, just thought I'd let everyone here know that if you contact the Tallahassee Police Department (assuming that is where he lives judging from the Facebook link above), you can file charges for interstate fraud/theft and they will either fine him up to $10K or arrest him (Florida state law). If any of you live in Florida, though, you can't file interstate theft as it only deals with theft across state lines.

You could maybe file a complaint with the IC3 (internet crime complaint center) at ic3.gov, but I do not think this counts as Auction Fraud because CAG is not a declared or registered auction site.

The Tallahassee PD will probably be your best friend right now, though. Did it to a guy in Cincinnati when I got jacked about 3 months ago. The guy had to refund my money (and the other eBay auctions he had frauded people on), and he got put in jail for a few days until he went to court and got hit with a $5,000 fine. Sweet justice.[/QUOTE]
Sorry to hear about your luck, I hope we can all help you and whoever else gets scammed. :/

I had wonder what happened to that DC controller. Here's what I "won".

Dreamcast official controller * $5 Shady3011 CAG
Dreamcast official VMU * $5 Shady3011 CAG
Oddworld Strangers Wrath * $4 Shady3011 CAG

Total lost is $19. Probably file a complaint since the deadline is rather close.

Edit: Whelp. I'm screwed. I used the personal option.

Yeah, and what an asshole he is for misusing dv8mad's name for it...

Keep trying guys, do whatever the mods tell you and then some. Hell if anyone lives near him they should try knocking on his door and talking to him.

[quote name='Sparta Omni']Yeah, and what an asshole he is for misusing dv8mad's name for it...

Keep trying guys, do whatever the mods tell you and then some. Hell if anyone lives near him they should try knocking on his door and talking to him.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Call his local police, knock on his door, and message him on facebook or XBL. If enough people are calling the police alleging online fraud then the police will pay him a visit. If the police pay him a visit he'll realize he needs to make up some lame ass excuse and make things right.

[quote name='buffcorp']If you used your credit cards through paypal, file a dispute with your credit card company :)[/QUOTE]

Exactly why I shy away from "non-CC" Paypal.

Got a PM from 8bit. Call me a sucker or whatever you want but I always try to see the good in people.

His reply please Read

"I am typing on my iPod. Is there any way you could post this for the others to read?

I fully understand everyone saying that I am a scammed and deserve to be called that. I know there is no excuse for not shipping yet but here is mine if it counts for anything.

I as some know am going through a divorce. Everything was good and friendly with it until she changed the locks on our house and filed a restraining order saying I was trying to kill her to keep me from seeing my 10 month old son. Due to this and me being hospitalized with diabetic ketoacidosis and not having a PC anymore and no acces to wireless until now I have not been able to get the items or refund money for everyone. I feel terrible for this situation and people thinking I am a scammer. I could not see these things happening to prevent them. I would never scam anyone and always try to make people happy. I love CAG and it's members. I am not sure if she will allow me to get the games and other items to mail them out since the restraining order has been dropped but I will try tomorrow. I can guarantee that everyone will get a full refund. Everyone that has paid and not received there items please PM me so I can get you your money back to you. I also feel bad that this has tarnished the DV8 Lowball auctions. I do deserve the negative feedback from ZTX and being banned and such. I just want to assure everyone that they will get their money back and that I am no scammer. I just want everyone to keep in touch with me. I guess I am banned and am very sad and upset about this and will greatly miss CAG and all of it's members. Some of you know me well enough to know that I am no scammer and I appreciate the support from all of you especially you Bry. Let me know if their is anything else I can do."

[quote name='bryenfury']Got a PM from 8bit. Call me a sucker or whatever you want but I always try to see the good in people.

His reply please Read

"I am typing on my iPod. Is there any way you could post this for the others to read?

I fully understand everyone saying that I am a scammed and deserve to be called that. I know there is no excuse for not shipping yet but here is mine if it counts for anything.

I as some know am going through a divorce. Everything was good and friendly with it until she changed the locks on our house and filed a restraining order saying I was trying to kill her to keep me from seeing my 10 month old son. Due to this and me being hospitalized with diabetic ketoacidosis and not having a PC anymore and no acces to wireless until now I have not been able to get the items or refund money for everyone. I feel terrible for this situation and people thinking I am a scammer. I could not see these things happening to prevent them. I would never scam anyone and always try to make people happy. I love CAG and it's members. I am not sure if she will allow me to get the games and other items to mail them out since the restraining order has been dropped but I will try tomorrow. I can guarantee that everyone will get a full refund. Everyone that has paid and not received there items please PM me so I can get you your money back to you. I also feel bad that this has tarnished the DV8 Lowball auctions. I do deserve the negative feedback from ZTX and being banned and such. I just want to assure everyone that they will get their money back and that I am no scammer. I just want everyone to keep in touch with me. I guess I am banned and am very sad and upset about this and will greatly miss CAG and all of it's members. Some of you know me well enough to know that I am no scammer and I appreciate the support from all of you especially you Bry. Let me know if their is anything else I can do."
[/QUOTE]

That makes much more sense than 8bit being a scammer. I left it for a couple of weeks until I finally had to move him to the NO list with no contact. I really hope there is some way for him to get back and make good again.

[quote name='DAWG26']As long as he quickly makes good on everything I see no reason to hold it against him.[/QUOTE]
That.

I'm generally not someone who likes excuses, but I am the type of person that realizing not everyone has as simple of a life as I do. Things do come up and life is hard sometimes. Just as others said, as long as he stays in communication and makes things right sooner than later then we should forgive him.

I agree as well. If the mods let him stay, he should be on a type of "probation" period that monitors his every trade for some time to make sure he isn't up to any funny buisness.

Glad we finally heard from him - I was starting to worry as I am on another forum with him and he hadn't responded to my pm there, either (I tried notifying him of the mess here). He's always seemed like a real honest and upfront guy - so it's too bad he's going through such a rough patch. I agree he should be allowed to trade again one he gets back on his feet.

I took a couple of days to decide how I feel about this and I have come to the conclusion that I am fine as long as I get my money back. I do understand that real life is more important than what goes on here and what he is going through would be rough on anyone. But a PM takes or a thread post takes like what 2 minutes? Getting access to a computer to do so is not that hard. I will stand by the people that have been on here longer than I have when they say he has not been a problem and what not. Just to cover my ass I am changing the dispute to a claim.

I am fine with a probation period rather than a full on ban as long as it is ok with the mods. It is sad what happened to him. I wish 8bit nothing but the best. So hopefully this is laid to rest and everything is kosher.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much I like to say 8bitWonder is in the clear, I don't think everything is resolved unless the refunds are sent out. I think talk doesn't mean much without action. As for time, I'm pretty patience for my refund.

He should still be suspended and then watched closely thereafter. I appreciate him finally coming forward and facing responsibility, but he still screwed up, whether his fault or not, and as far as we know, it could be a lie.

If he goes unpunished, there will be more cases of stuff like this.

[quote name='Sparta Omni']He should still be suspended and then watched closely thereafter. I appreciate him finally coming forward and facing responsibility, but he still screwed up, whether his fault or not, and as far as we know, it could be a lie.

If he goes unpunished, there will be more cases of stuff like this.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this side of the argument as well. If shit is going on in your life that may prevent you from pulling off a lowball sale without a hitch then don't bother with it. I do understand that unforeseen circumstances do come up, but it still seems hard to believe that someone can't find an Internet connection in this day and age to at least log in and let people know about their situation. People on here seem pretty understanding as long as communication isn't being breached. Breaking communication is almost as bad as straight scamming. It shows that you're more important than they are and you don't care enough about them to let them know what's going on.

I think discretion and reputation should play a factor in deciding course of action. If the person had a decent reputation before doing something like this, their excuse/story checks out, and all involved parties agree that things are cool then he should get off easy. Like I said though, I also understand that letting someone off easy has the potential to open the floodgates.

And use the feedback system correctly people. Leave a negative or a neutral if you were affected, even if you were refunded. Leaving proper feedback shows others that people had problems dealing with him in the past. That's punishment enough if you ask me and seems to be the fairest course of action.

update from me: After changing dispute to a claim, paypal has ruled in my favor as well. So I have a refund coming. Now I need to deal with pr3mium who has apparently not shipped items with his lowball. Granted I am only out $4 compared to everyone else but man this is becoming a fuck 'ing pain in my arse.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']But a PM takes or a thread post takes like what 2 minutes? Getting access to a computer to do so is not that hard.[/QUOTE]

So agree...Libraries are everywhere and provide free public access. I hate this excuse because it is so simple to get into the Library for a quick post and reply to a few pms.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Hey guys, if hes been in the hospital and whatnot, who the hell has been playing on his Gamertag via Xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

I thought his wife changed the locks? and does he have kids?

[quote name='Mako1215']I thought his wife changed the locks? and does he have kids?[/QUOTE]

by the looks of his facebook picture, i dont think that child plays xbox on his own... unless there are more children

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Hey guys, if hes been in the hospital and whatnot, who the hell has been playing on his Gamertag via Xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking at first this guy probably had some real life drama coming up.. until you brought that up... WTF :|

Man do i feel bad for you guys.. i remember getting fucked over out of Mass Effect last year on Ebay by a company, i got an Ebay strike on them and DID get my money back from the company, but they did not get there sales tax money back from Ebay out of me thats for DAMN sure.

Oh and hey to the person who uses Estelle, and of course Dragunz, who uses Yuri, you get my mad respect because Tales games pwn ^_^ and i feel like i should whip out Judith, Rita, Sheena, or Tear now thanks to you guys. lol

Oh yeah >.> Saints Row is still working for me, im just careful with that game. and Eternal Sonata is fucking amazing. so yep :p *thats to Dragunz*

[quote name='Akitasha']Yep, agreed needs to be resolved ASAP.[/QUOTE]

This isn't really a thread for pr3mium, but since you all seem to be gathering here, I thought I'd let you know that he hasn't responded to an email I sent to his personal yahoo account.

Haven't heard from him at all.

The guy is going through a divorce and can't even see his son.

Obviously family is more important than video games. (well I can't say that for all of you)

I hope everything gets better for him soon.

It IS more important than "video games", however, when you have a responsibility, regardless what goes on in your life, especially when you have people's money and/or items, you need to finish that responsibility no matter what. He's lucky there's understanding people here that will let him slide.
Honestly, if he IS telling the truth, I can't imagine the crap he's going through right now and I truly feel for him, but unfortunately, there is no excuse as to why he didn't find a friend, family, library, etc to log into cheapassgamer, and let people know the situation and for everyone to bear with him while he's going through this crap. It would have definitely helped his case.
Obviously you can't predict most terrible life situations, but again, regardless of what happens, you have to take care of any responsibility you have, otherwise you'll be in more deep shit.

I'm glad to hear things are slowly resolving for him and wish him the best of luck. I also hope he can later redeem himself on here once he's re-settled, but unfortunately, he screwed up big time and has to face the consequences.

I haven't received my refund. I still don't trust this guy. :bomb: As the poster above stated, libraries have free internet access.

[quote name='Young Deezy']The guy is going through a divorce and can't even see his son.

Obviously family is more important than video games. (well I can't say that for all of you)

I hope everything gets better for him soon.[/QUOTE]

Read the previous posts on his use of XBL. doesn't seem important enough to keep him off his 360.

[quote name='5of9']Read the previous posts on his use of XBL. doesn't seem important enough to keep him off his 360.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the family shares one xbox LIVE account.

i wasnt effected but i say give the guy a chance, hospital stays for diabetic related stuff can last awhile, then factor in everything else. yes he could have found an internet connection somewhere, but what if hes in one of those few areas where the library doesnt have internet, there is one right down the road from my house like that.

it seems like enough of the world crashing down on him to where he may have honestly not thought about it as soon as he could get on the internet and then when things slowed down he basically said screw trying to have people trust me to send out the stuff i'll give them their money back.

but i can also see where everyone is coming from, maybe im just more understanding than some, maybe they have good reason to not be as understanding. also my family shared 1 xbox live account until the cards were cheap earlier in the year.

i wish him luck getting his life settled and hope nothing like this happens to him again and that he can redeem himself to all of you. but if he doesnt fix the situation all of the smack talking is justified.

bread's done
Back