9/25 "Knocked Up" and "My Name is Earl Season 2" Retailer Exclusives

youbastards

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Can a CAG Target employee please take a look at the Knocked Up and Earl "exclusives" and provide more info?

Best Buy
Knocked Up - Deck of playing cards with purchase of 2-Disc Deluxe edition
My Name is Earl Season 2 - Scratch & Sniff card

Target
Knocked Up - "Exclusive" 2-Disc Deluxe Edition (comes with a booklet?)
My Name is Earl Season 2 - "Exclusive Limited Edition"

Circuit City
Knocked Up - Drink Coasters

[quote name='MrDubbs']The weekly ad thread says that the Target Limited Edition comes with a behind the scenes booklet for Knocked Up[/quote]

As does the actual ad. But I just bought it and there's no booklet inside. Then I realized that it's probably an alternate version of the slipcover that is exclusive. Target's slipcover opens in front like a book and clasps shut. It features images and quotes from the movie inside (not "behind-the-scenes" in any way). I wanted the regular slip cover (with window?), but now it's too late to return it. :(

Another bad thing about these releases is there seems to be a different exclusive extended scene on each unrated version (1-disc & 2-disc). Ugh. I hated it when they had exclusive features like this with the different versions of Talladega Nights & Reno 911 The Movie. :(

[quote name='PrometheusUFO']As does the actual ad. But I just bought it and there's no booklet inside. Then I realized that it's probably an alternate version of the slipcover that is exclusive. Target's slipcover opens in front like a book and clasps shut. It features images and quotes from the movie inside (not "behind-the-scenes" in any way). I wanted the regular slip cover (with window?), but now it's too late to return it. :(

Another bad thing about these releases is there seems to be a different exclusive extended scene on each unrated version (1-disc & 2-disc). Ugh. I hated it when they had exclusive features like this with the different versions of Talladega Nights & Reno 911 The Movie. :([/QUOTE]

Wal-Mart's 2 disc edition is like that too. Not exclusive.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Wal-Mart's 2 disc edition is like that too. Not exclusive.[/quote]

Yup. And Target has now set up a phone number to call to get the booklet that wasn't included: 1-800-626-9503. :applause:

http://forums.dvdtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8170654&postcount=53

[quote name='PrometheusUFO']Yup. And Target has now set up a phone number to call to get the booklet that wasn't included: 1-800-626-9503. :applause:

http://forums.dvdtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8170654&postcount=53
[/quote]

awesome, I was pissed when I got no booklet. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='ryosnk']Is the playing cards for knocked up inside the package or seperate?

Thanks.[/quote]

For the Best Buy promo, the playing cards and the 2-disc DVD are inside a bigger box made of cardboard, more than twice the thickness of a regular DVD case. There should be a sticker on the front saying "Knocked Up Deck of Cards Included With This DVD!" They pack them that way because there's no way a deck of cards could fit inside a 2-disc case.

bread's done
Back