$9.98 HD-DVD @deepdiscount.com

MIX_MASTER_ICE

CAGiversary!
http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewcategory.htm?categoryId=462364&sortby=price&count=500#listtop

You also get free shipping and probably most will get no tax added.
Aeon Flux :hd:
Top Gun :hd:
Sleepy Hollow :hd:
We Were Soldiers :hd:
Failure to Launch :hd:
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider :hd:
The Manchurian Candidate :hd:
Payback :hd:
Coming to America :hd:
Four Brothers :hd:
Hustle & Flow :hd:
Mission: Impossible :hd:
Old School :hd:
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow :hd:
Trading Places :hd:
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy :hd:
Black Rain :hd:
The Italian Job :hd:
Mission: Impossible II :hd:
U2 - Rattle and Hum :hd:
The Untouchables :hd:
The Warriors :hd:
Sahara :hd:

Man, does their customer service suck balls...

I order six movies. Two if which were in stock at the time of ordering, with four being backordered. After three days of processing, All six go backordered until March 10th. I write them an email asking to cancel my order as I don't want to wait that long, and they tell me they can't do it, because they've already shipped one movie. The email said I could ship the package back to them when it gets here in two weeks and they'll give me a refund when they get it back. ITS NOT EVEN SHIPPING TO ME FOR ANOTHER 10 DAYS! Surely there's a method of somehow putting a stop to the process in ten whole days.

Anyone got a number I can call? I searched high and low on the site and couldn't find anything.

[quote name='xcoax']Anyone got a number I can call? I searched high and low on the site and couldn't find anything.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='http://www.deepdiscount.com/contactus.htm']Via Telephone

To reach Customer Service via telephone call toll-free 800-264-5076. Monday through Friday from 8 A.M. to 7 P.M. CT and on Saturday from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. CT.[/QUOTE]

If your ordered all the movies on the same order, and want to cancel all of them but one already shipped, you're stuck. Once one part of an order ships, they can't do anything about the rest of it. I tried having a couple items from a bigger order canceled a while back; every time I called (every day), I got "those have already been pulled and are ready to ship" or "the system won't let us change it" or something along those lines; I even spoke to a manager once, who gave me the same line. I ultimately had to wait for them to ship then send them back.

Checked my credit card again, and it shows an auth for $12.20 and another auth for $24.40 from DD. There was an auth already for $15.98, with a shipping confirmation email for Chronicles Of Riddick, which was a $15.98 movie.

I check my order history, and it shows on the order with Riddick, that Eternal Sunshine is showing B/O'd, and Pitch Black is showing as open. I check my other order with three $9.98 movies and three $12.20 movies and they're all showing B/O'd.

Makes me wonder which three $12.20 movies I'm getting with this most recent activity, as I have five out there that I ordered.

[quote name='MrGranger']Gave in and got Black Rain and Untouchables. I don't have either yet so it's not a double-dip. When will the $5 HD-DVDs start showing up?[/quote]
Both are excellent films - just wish they had more extras on them

Damn, just got the 360 drive, and I really want to add to my collection. Most of the movies I would buy, though, I already own, and I can't justify replacing them, especially considering a majority of them are older movies that probably don't benefit much from the conversion and do not have any real extras.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Damn, just got the 360 drive, and I really want to add to my collection. Most of the movies I would buy, though, I already own, and I can't justify replacing them, especially considering a majority of them are older movies that probably don't benefit much from the conversion and do not have any real extras.[/quote]
Film has a MUCH higher resolution than 1080p, so a lot of older movies greatly benefit from a HD release.

So, having taken the plunge on the 360 add-on, and looking at my DVD collection, any opinions on which would be fine with the upcoversion and which ones are worth upgrading to HD-DVD?

Transformers
Serenity
Batman Begins
The Matrix (all 3)
The 40 Year-Old Virgin
Knocked Up
Anchorman
Casablanca
Heroes S1
12 Monkeys
Battlestar Galactica S1
Harry Potter 1-5
Blazing Saddles
Superman
Superman II
Superman Returns

[quote name='Frog Ribs']So, having taken the plunge on the 360 add-on, and looking at my DVD collection, any opinions on which would be fine with the upcoversion and which ones are worth upgrading to HD-DVD?

Transformers
Serenity
Batman Begins
The Matrix (all 3)
The 40 Year-Old Virgin
Knocked Up
Anchorman
Casablanca
Heroes S1
12 Monkeys
Battlestar Galactica S1
Harry Potter 1-5
Blazing Saddles
Superman
Superman II
Superman Returns[/QUOTE]

Serenity isn't worth the upgrade in my opinion, especially since the deluxe reissue of the standard DVD is fantastic (and Amazon had it for $9 a while back). 12 Monkeys isn't really worth the upgrade either unless you have a huge hard-on for Terry Gilliam movies. Battlestar Galactica S1 is widely considered to be the worst TV release on HD DVD due to how it was originally shot, meaning most won't even be able to tell that they're watching an HD version. Batman Begins, 300 and Transformers are all worth the upgrade I'd say. Personally, I'm not all that fond of buying comedies in HD just yet, but I did snag Anchorman and Old School from DDD a few days ago.

[quote name='Frog Ribs']So, having taken the plunge on the 360 add-on, and looking at my DVD collection, any opinions on which would be fine with the upcoversion and which ones are worth upgrading to HD-DVD?

Transformers
Serenity
Batman Begins
The Matrix (all 3)
[/QUOTE]

I have Transformers, Serenity, and Batman Begins on HD DVD and all look excellent, especially Transformers. I used to have the Matrix Trilogy on HD DVD and I just couldn't understand it's high reviews, they looked better than the DVDs but not that great for HD DVD.

[quote name='tokerblue']Film has a MUCH higher resolution than 1080p, so a lot of older movies greatly benefit from a HD release.[/QUOTE]

While film is great resolution most older movies source prints aren't in that great of shape. I wouldn't discount a movie's video quality just because it's older, but make sure you check reviews to see if the HD transfers are actually good.

Transformers
Serenity
Batman Begins
The Matrix (all 3)
The 40 Year-Old Virgin
Knocked Up
Anchorman
Casablanca
Heroes S1
12 Monkeys
Battlestar Galactica S1
Harry Potter 1-5
Blazing Saddles
Superman
Superman II
Superman Returns[/QUOTE]

dvdtalk.com their reviews of HD media are very in depth and i've always agreed with them after buying or renting films myself. the only thing is they often don't recommend a movie because of lack of extras. read the audio and video sections. i buy movies for movies, not for extras, so only the audio /video quality is really important to me

[quote name='Sinistarr']If your ordered all the movies on the same order, and want to cancel all of them but one already shipped, you're stuck. Once one part of an order ships, they can't do anything about the rest of it. I tried having a couple items from a bigger order canceled a while back; every time I called (every day), I got "those have already been pulled and are ready to ship" or "the system won't let us change it" or something along those lines; I even spoke to a manager once, who gave me the same line. I ultimately had to wait for them to ship then send them back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats what their email said. Thats super lame, as they're either incredibly unorganized, or just incredibly inefficient in their shipping methods if they can't cancel an order on something they won't have in stock for another 8 days now. I guess I know now that I either need to order them individually, or just not do it at all, as I've gotten used to the near instant gratification of Amazon Prime.

Transformers
Serenity
Batman Begins
The Matrix (all 3)
The 40 Year-Old Virgin
Knocked Up
Anchorman
Heroes S1
12 Monkeys
Blazing Saddles
Superman Returns[/QUOTE]

I took off the ones from your list I haven't seen, but from those I'd say they're all worth the double dip. Don't listen to whoever said not to get Serenity in HD. It looks amazing! I'd say the least beneficial upgrades would be with the comedies, since they're more about the dialogue than visual details. Knocked Up definitely looks good, but its not a big deal if you don't watch it in HD. You would be a fool not to get 300 or Transformers in HD though.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I have Transformers, Serenity, and Batman Begins on HD DVD and all look excellent, especially Transformers. I used to have the Matrix Trilogy on HD DVD and I just couldn't understand it's high reviews, they looked better than the DVDs but not that great for HD DVD.

While film is great resolution most older movies source prints aren't in that great of shape. I wouldn't discount a movie's video quality just because it's older, but make sure you check reviews to see if the HD transfers are actually good.[/QUOTE]
I'll vouch for Transformers and Serenity, 40 Year Old Virgin wouldn't have been worth it if I had already had it. Knocked Up looked pretty decent though

Thanks for the suggestions. Definitely gonna pick up Transformers and 300. Probably Matrix as well, along with Batman Begins. I would jump on Serenity, but I just got the CE DVD last weekend, so I'll pass on that one unless it gets dirt cheap. As for the Harry Potter movies, it feels...wrong (well, odd for sure) to get 5/7 on HD-DVD and then have the last 2 on a different format. Which probably argues against Heroes and BSG as well. I'll proably ignore the other stuff as well.

Of course, if the prices really come down, it might be worth it to double dip on these other ones.

I've been watching season one of BSG on HD DVD, and it looks absolutely terrible. I swear, some scenes are VHS-quality.

And don't necessarily ignore movies because of their ages. The Adventures of Robin Hood comes to mind--the picture quality is outstanding.

So far, none of my $9.98 HD-DVD's have shipped. Supposedly, three more of my $12.20 ones are shipping, leaving two left out of six.

At this point, I'll have one order 2/3rds completed (2 out of 3) and another order 1/3rd completed (2 out of 6). One $12.20 HD-DVD to go, Pitch Black, and four $9.98 HD-DVD's, The Warriors, MI1, MI2 and Payback.

So far, they've shipped, or about to ship, Chronices Of Riddick, Eternal Sunshine, Pride & Prejudice and Elizabeth.

[quote name='shrike4242']So far, none of my $9.98 HD-DVD's have shipped. Supposedly, three more of my $12.20 ones are shipping, leaving two left out of six.

At this point, I'll have one order 2/3rds completed (2 out of 3) and another order 1/3rd completed (2 out of 6). One $12.20 HD-DVD to go, Pitch Black, and four $9.98 HD-DVD's, The Warriors, MI1, MI2 and Payback.

So far, they've shipped, or about to ship, Chronices Of Riddick, Eternal Sunshine, Pride & Prejudice and Elizabeth.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just got an email saying that they had shipped four more of mine, giving me 5/6 in the mail. Kinda weird that they said the movies wouldn't be in stock until the 10th, and then shipped the next business day. I wonder if my failed order cancellation request had anything to do with that...

Just received a shipping notice for Pitch Black, so they've shipped all my $12.20 and up HD-DVDs.

The four $9.98 ones I ordered are on one order and none of those have shipped yet. Supposedly, they'll be getting new stock on 03/10/08, from the email I received from them.

Strange that people have had problems getting DD to cancel an order or part of an order. I had one movie sent, but 2 movies have been on backorder the whole time. I sent DD an email last night with a cancel request for the 2 backordered movies that were supposed to be ready to go 2/28.. This morning I checked my email and the cancel request went thorough with no problems. I checked my order on DD site and it showed the 2 I put in the request for showed canceled and my order is now closed.

I had problems canceling my order with deepdiscount. I emailed them once and they basically told me that the order was processing and that I could refuse delivery and cancel the backorder items which made no sense to me. I waited a day, checked my order again and all the items were on backorder. So I emailed them once again telling them that it makes no sense they can't cancel an order when all the items are on backorder. So the second time through, they canceled the order.

Not a bad company if you're willing to wait weeks/months to get your order.

Well I ordered Mission Impossible one and two for $19.96 total. They're both back-ordered so hopefully it doesn't take forever to get them.

Yeah i ordered on Feb 25th, and said it'll ship out tommorow or back in stock on the 3/06 but i'm guessing from Shrike's email that won't be the case.

I just checked my credit card and it shows an auth for $9.98, so at least one of my $9.98 movies is going to ship out today.

i ordered sleepy hollow, four brothers and old school and they only shipped out sleepy hollow today as opposed to your four brothers, odd.

I checked my credit card again this morning, and there's an auth for $29.94, which would be the other three $9.98 titles. Odd that they authed it this morning when they sent me an email that Payback, MI 1 and The Warriors were backordered.

bread's done
Back