9.99 Battlefield BC 2 download (PC) on Amazon = BC2 w/ BC Vietnam w EA GAMES Download

oreopimp

CAGiversary!
Just as a heads up, if you buy the Battlefield Bad Company 2 direct download on amazon for 9.99, and activate it using the retail key that amazon gives you on EA GAMES Downloader, it gives you the option of choosing if your edition is the Digital Deluxe Edition which = Unlocks and Battlefield Vietnam content.

I only found this out because I was getting errors trying to install the game through Amazon Games Downloader so I switched over to the EA GAMES DOWNLOADER to install the game.

Link to amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Bad-Company-Game-Download/dp/B00452VG02/ref=dsvrt_myd_asin_block

Just purchased it, and activated it as the "Digital Deluxe Edition" using EA Downloader Manager. Thanks OP! Helluva deal at $9.99!

Steam lists BC2 base game at 19.99 and the Vietnam BC2 DLC also as 19.99. EA store lists the Digital Deluxe version for $49.99!

[quote name='kklems']I'll bite for this price. Anyway these will work on Steam after DL'ing via ea downloader?[/QUOTE]

This is not possible according to my research via the BC2 Steam forums. Small setback considering that once you launch the game, the MP should be the same for everyone.

Oh holy cow, awesome deal for both games. Bad Company 2 I've seen for around $10, and I think the Vietnam expansion for it has been as low as $6 - and this beats them both.

If you're on the fence, GET IT. The single player campaign isn't anything special (actually kinda...boring), but the multi is where this game's at.

Ok..Thanks newb to current PC gaming setup. Just got my alienware laptop a month ago and I am learning all over again. I started gaming on an old Commodore Vic-20 and moved to consoles last generation and haven't had a rig that could run much since.

I actually just took my steam key and punched it into the EADM and got the same choice of the deluxe. Odd. Now my games aren't showing up though fml

just fyi, a similar deal was going on a couple of weeks ago through one of the other digital distributors (gamersgate, maybe?)... it shows up as the digital deluxe in EADM, but (at least in my experience) trying to actually play bf vietnam just prompts you for another key. i wasn't able to get it to work but to be fair i didn't really try that hard either. is it working for people who are jumping on this sale?

Yeah, on another forum I go to, people were saying you could get Vietnam free this way, but it doesn't work. It'll show as the digital deluxe, but it won't really be. Of course, the people on the other forum still got their Vietnam free by telling EA live chat support that they bought digital deluxe.....(don't try that, though. One, they are probably already onto people that try it, and two, it's just not right)

For the record, downloading the deluxe edition through the download manager won't automatically grant you access to Vietnam; you'll still need another, seperate key for Vietnam. It's not included in the pack unless you've bought it from the store. (I say this because, if you had bought it from the store, your key for both the base game and vietnam would show up in your order history. Adding a key for the base game you bought somewhere else and registering it in the download manger will only net you a key for the base game, even though you've gotten the deluxe edition).

I know this because I've tried this.

So in conclusion this thread should either be closed for misinformation or the OP edited accordingly (there are people who only read the first few posts and the jump the waggon)

I can confirm that the previous posts are true. While it may show the DD edition, you will need a separate code to activate the Vietnam content. Good thing tomorrow (the 23rd), BC2 Vietnam DLC is on sale on D2D for 7.49!

[quote name='ndawgdrake']I can confirm that the previous posts are true. While it may show the DD edition, you will need a separate code to activate the Vietnam content. Good thing tomorrow (the 23rd), BC2 Vietnam DLC is on sale on D2D for 7.49![/QUOTE]

It's that much on Amazon too...

http://amzn.com/B004GHNFZU

the only benefit of connecting this game to your steam account is the ability to download it through steam. the game uses your EA account, and as such it has its own server browser, friend list, etc. outside of steam. Just a heads-up.

bread's done
Back