$9.99 or less Xbox Games @ EBGames.com [Updated 8/18]

SpyderGT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Some are new to $9.99, some are old, and some have been priced lower ($2.99 or $4.99) in the past. As we all have seen when people come in asking how penny guides work, new people are coming around every day. So, just because some of these are old to you, they may be new to others.

Otherwise, most games are crap. Carmen, Ghost Recon and Special Forces are the most interesting new drops. Plus, the ever popular $10 Tenchu is back. Don't be fooled by Crime Patrol II, IIRC, it is just a DVD game.

$7.99
Deus Ex

$8.99
True Crime
XIII
---GCN Version Also Available @ $9.99

$9.99
Tenchu: Return from Darkness
Carmen Sandiego
Drake
SSX Tricky
Blowout
Legends of Wrestling
Dark Angel
Rally Fusion
Ghost Recon
Special Forces
MX World Tour
Second Sight
Ford Racing 2
Minority Report
Aquaman
Starsky & Hutch
MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch
SX Superstar

DEAD (at least for now)

$4.99
Crime Patrol II

$9.99
Blinx 1

Actually, not to burst the bubble and discourage newbs but those games have been $9.99 for months now, if not lower than that even. Check the other EB threads (like morning update and any thread with EB price listings)

Like I said:
Some are new to $9.99, some are old, and some have been priced lower ($2.99 or $4.99) in the past.

Specifically, Rally Fusion, Ghost Recon, Special Forces, Blinx, MX World Tour and SX Superstar are all new to the $9.99 level (just dropped yesterday afternoon, I believe).

Dark Angel has gone as low as $2.99 in the past.
Aquaman and Celebrity Deathmatch have reached $4.99 in the past.
Ford Racing 2, Second Sight, and Minority Report have been $9.99 for ages.

Hope that clears it up ;)

[quote name='SpyderGT']Like I said:

Specifically, Rally Fusion, Ghost Recon, Special Forces, Blinx, MX World Tour and SX Superstar are all new to the $9.99 level (just dropped yesterday afternoon, I believe).

Dark Angel has gone as low as $2.99 in the past.
Aquaman and Celebrity Deathmatch have reached $4.99 in the past.
Ford Racing 2, Second Sight, and Minority Report have been $9.99 for ages.

Hope that clears it up ;)[/QUOTE]
Those dropped well over a week ago. If you click the links on the bottom right hand panel of the front CAG page, you get a listing of new eb games sorted by price. I try to check it everyday in case something good drops.

I believe they dropped yesterday, around 3pm central time. I check EBGames multiple times a day, every weekday, and had never seen any of those games going for $9.99.

If you can point me to something, somewhere, that says they dropped earlier, I'll believe ya, but until then, I stand by my original statement :D

BTW, you'll notice I registered on this site 2 months before you did, don't always trust the label, hehe.

So you try to start posting by posting old news? hahaha, if I did that too, I would have 1000 posts in no time. And like others are saying, most of the games here are either not worth mentioning or old. I would look up the older EB threads, but even that's not worth the effort since these games are so blah. :booty: Find a good deal, then we'll be in business.

You have yet to prove to me that they are "old deals".

It's not up to you to decide whether any of these games are worth the $9.99. If just one person buys one of these games, I find that to make the post quite worthy. I think Special Forces and Ghost Recon are actually pretty tempting at $9.99. But knowing that everything is likely to drop to $4.99 at some point, I am choosing to wait. But that is my decision, not yours. Just let others know what is going on, then let them decide whether to make the leap, simple as that.

And my original post had XIII at $8.99, thank you much.

[quote name='SpyderGT']And my original post had XIII at $8.99, thank you much.[/QUOTE]
Sure it did, just like how it shows that you edited your post just this morning. Sure it did. :roll: Some people, just like filling fluff on the boards with extra threads instead of contributing to the already going threads.

Oh but wait, labels mean nothing right? So the fact that your post was edited 3 hours after I posted the $8.99 price for XIII and the $4.99 games mean that obviously you posted them yesterday, when they first dropped ever? :rofl: hahahaha

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Wait, let me guess. You'll be here all week, right? :D[/QUOTE]
If need be, I'm not being a jerk, I just can't stand people who don't want to admit when they're wrong. If you note I did thank him for the post from my first initial post on this thread but just wanted to point out that this is old news as many do when someone posts a deal that isn't new.

And the killer is his "update" this morning saying that he had originally posted that it was $8.99 when it was posted as $9.99. And posted as XII too! :roll: That's why when they edit their post, they have absolutely no credit for anything they say.

this is actually a good reminder for me since I have been wanting True Crime. If I order online, will I most likely get the Platinum Hits version?

Probably, I doubt if they have the original version anymore since it's been PH for well over a year now. That whole phasing out process I guess. I guess you can try looking for stores that don't sell video games much and then buy TC if you see it in an original box and return the PH version? I was glad when I bought Soul Calibur 2 and NFL Street 1 from Sears.com a while back when they were $4.99 each and got the original boxes! :D

I added 6 games to the $9.99 list, that's why I changed it (that's not counting the ones you had mentioned, which I added if they were still in stock). At least take the two seconds it would take to rescan the list. And I moved the games into ascending price order, since you, apparently, missed that I had this at the end of the list previously "And, at $8.99:". I did change XII to XIII, yesterday afternoon after trunks982 pointed out the simple mistake.

And I have bought many platinum hits/player's choice games and swapped them out at b&m stores for the original versions. I usually write down the UPC so I can make sure the UPCs are the same before making the purchase, but I've never run into a case where they aren't the same. Circuit City is a particularly good place to look for the original versions. I even found a non "Best Seller" version of Paper Mario 2 there :D

And you still haven't proven that it is all old news. Sure, some of it is, but most of it isn't. I fiind it helpful to have everything compiled in one spot. If one game goes to $4.99, I'm not going to buy it, but if two do, I'll probably bite, due to shipping costs and all that.

[quote name='SpyderGT']...[/QUOTE]
A whole lotta of words that just are not even worth the time to answer. Read my sig. You win. :roll:

[quote name='jjz203']I just can't stand people who don't want to admit when they're wrong.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I have some of these very people in my immediate family. Even when they know good and well that they're wrong they will refuse to admit it and argue endlessly that they're right. Needless to say, I don't have anything to do with them anymore.

It's just not worth having relationships with people like this. I've found that such a "win at all costs" attitude blurs into all other areas of their lives as well.

bread's done
Back