$9.99 Pelican Wireless controllers at Circuit City (All Systems)

Seems like the reviews on CC.com are mixed. I love the idea of having a wireless controller, but if has a slight lag on button/direction movements, I see no reason to have one.

Terry

My friend has these controllers. I haven't used them yet, but they seemed pretty decent. They have the black and white buttons on top, so they're great for GTA:SA. I'd pick one up for 10 bucks but it says not available online and none of my stores have them, is that availabilty box on the right pretty accurate?

[quote name='paragon11']Seems like the reviews on CC.com are mixed. I love the idea of having a wireless controller, but if has a slight lag on button/direction movements, I see no reason to have one.

Terry[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I want to get some Logitech ones (but they're so damn expensive), but if these are fairly good, then I could just go for these.

These controllers are decent. I bought the twin pack of them a while ago and they were serviceable for a while. When the battery gets low though the characters don't always do what you want them to which can mess you up. The battery life seemed a bit short too compared the logitech ones. When they were cheap, I replaced these with the logitech controllers. They perform and feel better than these, but I'd say these are an OK alternative if you are looking to save $$$. I still have mine for when the kids get older....they can trash 'em and I can keep my logitechs out of their hands. ;)

I got the logitech wireless one for about $27 (shipped). I searched pricegrabber, which found it on buy.com for $32 or something. and they had some coupon or discount for $5. great controller!

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Agreed. I want to get some Logitech ones (but they're so damn expensive), but if these are fairly good, then I could just go for these.[/QUOTE]

get what you pay for, spend the extra cash and get the good logitech ones for a bucks more. Do it before you end up spending more money after you realize your mistake. you can get the logitech xbox one for around 20 refurbished, and 18 for ps2, and ive never had a problem with either since i bought em.

I think these have PG rebates making it $5 AR. (too lazy to look up and link) I'd say it's worth gettin' at that price.

I personally bought the microcon wireless for 20 dollars and couldn't be happier with it. As long as you can live without rumble and do not have giant hands, this is is a good option. I have the corded version of the logitech aand I prefer the microcon to it because of the superior d-pad and also the stick feel snappier (hard to put description into words) even if they offer slightly less (very slightly) resistance than that of the Logitech controller. The only real negative that I can think of about the controller is the overly stiff start and back buttons.

[quote name='purevim']I think these have PG rebates making it $5 AR. (too lazy to look up and link) I'd say it's worth gettin' at that price.[/QUOTE]

Whats a PG rebate?

I bought one of these for my PS2 about 6 months ago. It's really comfy and works fine for the first couple of months, but then things go bad. Now it lags, won't respond, and has become a real pain in the ass. I had to go and buy a Logitech as a replacement for this piece of crap.

Pelican xbox controllers suck ass. They might be okay for some games, but any game that needs fine precise movements with the analog, like racing, or platforming, and especially FPS, forget about it. The sticks are too loose and have too much dead zone. I'd never use anything except an S-Type for Halo.

[quote name='badboysean']Whats a PG rebate?[/QUOTE]

PriceGrabber Rebate - but i may have mispoken since i think the ones at CC are the "spirit" controllers as opposed to the chameleon (PS2) and the Eclipse(XB) listed at PG.

PV

bread's done
Back