$9.99 Suikoden Tactics @ Circuit City B&M

[quote name='dsullo']It says not available for instore pickup[/quote]

Nothing is ever available for instore pickup.

Anyway, if you can find this game at a CC (doubtful), I highly recommend it. I don't even like the Suikoden games, but this one's a winner.

I think this game was Rhapsodia in Japan, so it isn't a "true" suikoden. Probably just named that in the US to get sales.

[quote name='psincubus']I think this game was Rhapsodia in Japan, so it isn't a "true" suikoden. Probably just named that in the US to get sales.[/QUOTE]

Well, it takes place in the Suikoden universe, and links somewhat strongly with another game in the series... ;)

Suikoden Tactics goes hand in hand to Suikoden 4. You need to have beat Suikoden 4 and get all 108 stars of destiny to unlock 2 extra characters in ST

Nice find, wlau.
It is an awesome price, too bad I have never seen this game at my CC.
Guess it doesn't affect me too much in this case since I brought it at Toy's R Us for $15.

It is not as deep as Final Fantasy Tactics. It's more of a beginner SRPG, it is pretty fun though. It has a bunch of the characters from Suikoden 4 and the story line tells before and after S4, so I fail to see how it was just given the name Suikoden to make sales.

My only problem with the game is that my Suikoden 4 save with all 108 stars got wiped when memory card broke, so I was unable to get Hero and Snowe. Other than that, I recommend this game. I paid $40 for it when it came out and I don't really regret it.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']I didn't even know CC carried this, I've never seen it in-store o_o.[/QUOTE]

I went there today and I asked the CC rep if they had any in stock. Nope. I asked him if he could check if there was CC in SoCal that had any. He looked through his books to find the SKU so he could look it up in the computer and guess what? It's not even listed.
Someone at CC is pulling our legs by putting it on their site at that price too. Good thing the first CC I went to gave all this info, otherwise I probably would of spent all day going to different CC.

[quote name='joby27']I went there today and I asked the CC rep if they had any in stock. Nope. I asked him if he could check if there was CC in SoCal that had any. He looked through his books to find the SKU so he could look it up in the computer and guess what? It's not even listed.
Someone at CC is pulling our legs by putting it on their site at that price too. Good thing the first CC I went to gave all this info, otherwise I probably would of spent all day going to different CC.[/quote]

You could go to Toys R Us and get it for $15 instead. :)

Well, damn, next time I'm near a CC I'll check it out, but I'm not hopeful. $9.99 is the magic price point for this game. $15 at TRU is too much (plus none of the TRU near me even had it when that sale first started). But for $10 I'd give it a shot. I've been eyeing a used one at GR fro a while, but it is $24.99. If they had a Buy 2 Get 1 free sale I could get that, the new Shadow Hearts and something else and, if they are all in good condition, that would probably be better than paying $10 new (given that my GR credit is cheap).

But if I could find it for $10 new I'd get it for sure too... Damn CC - why can't their store locator work even if it is not available for pickup (like Best Buy)? Wonder what the chance of getting Best Buy to price match this is - probably 5% :rofl:.

[quote name='io']Well, damn, next time I'm near a CC I'll check it out, but I'm not hopeful. $9.99 is the magic price point for this game. $15 at TRU is too much (plus none of the TRU near me even had it when that sale first started). But for $10 I'd give it a shot. I've been eyeing a used one at GR fro a while, but it is $24.99. If they had a Buy 2 Get 1 free sale I could get that, the new Shadow Hearts and something else and, if they are all in good condition, that would probably be better than paying $10 new (given that my GR credit is cheap).

But if I could find it for $10 new I'd get it for sure too... Damn CC - why can't their store locator work even if it is not available for pickup (like Best Buy)? Wonder what the chance of getting Best Buy to price match this is - probably 5% :rofl:.[/quote]

I wouldn't bother looking for it in BB or CC, they can't be found on the website. You might want to call them first before going there and waste gas.

[quote name='chaarlieee']I was supposed to go to Circuit City just a few minutes ago since I was already next to it. I forgot though.. oh well.[/quote]

Just on a side note, I like your previous avatar better, this one looks more slutty to me. =P

[quote name='dbz4ever']Just on a side note, I like your previous avatar better, this one looks more slutty to me. =P[/QUOTE]
which one? The stacy Keibler one or the one before that?

[quote name='chaarlieee']which one? The stacy Keibler one or the one before that?[/quote]

I guess Stacy Keibler... It's the one before this asian slut =P.

[quote name='unbongwah']Bump: looks like it's back in stock online right now.[/quote]

Nix that. As is often the case with anything CC, it may show as online for whatever reason (or sold it within minutes of actually being available online), but it's not available now.

I was just able to order one off of circuitcity.com. It seems they are back in stock. When you look at the listing with all the games it says "notify me when available" but if you click on the specific Suikoden Tactics product page the "Add to Cart" button is there and so you can order it.

UPDATE: wow now it's weird, it's the opposite, the list has the "Add to cart" button and the product page has the "notify me". If you hit the "add to cart" button in the list it won't work, when you go to check out it'll say you have no items in your cart. I was able to checkout, I hope I get mine.

[quote name='roymustang']I was just able to order one off of circuitcity.com. It seems they are back in stock. When you look at the listing with all the games it says "notify me when available" but if you click on the specific Suikoden Tactics product page the "Add to Cart" button is there and so you can order it.

UPDATE: wow now it's weird, it's the opposite, the list has the "Add to cart" button and the product page has the "notify me". If you hit the "add to cart" button in the list it won't work, when you go to check out it'll say you have no items in your cart. I was able to checkout, I hope I get mine.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it doesn't fail until the very end of checkout. VERY annoying - they need to update their damn web site to show things OOS if they are OOS!

So, has ANYONE on CAG actually found this in store?

[quote name='roymustang']Seems to be back in stock as of right now.[/QUOTE]

Sure it is....it's actually not. We need like a disclaimer on the OP saying how to tell if it's OOS since not everyone knows.

[quote name='Theenternal']ill check our CC here, u looking for it too?[/QUOTE]

Actually, I got two from the TRU sale. Sold one to another CAGer here, so now I have one left (mine).

[quote name='suko_32']Actually, I got two from the TRU sale. Sold one to another CAGer here, so now I have one left (mine).[/QUOTE]

lol, you have been tearing up the deals lately... u coming back next week?

btw to everyone else I called CC and no luck :(

[quote name='Theenternal']lol, you have been tearing up the deals lately... u coming back next week?

btw to everyone else I called CC and no luck :([/QUOTE]

I'll most likely be back on the 20th and I can't wait. If I somehow find a Suikoden Tactics on my last run though Tally before I go, I'll let you know. I still have Tales of Phantasia and Radiata Stories on hold for you.

[quote name='suko_32']I'll most likely be back on the 20th and I can't wait. If I somehow find a Suikoden Tactics on my last run though Tally before I go, I'll let you know. I still have Tales of Phantasia and Radiata Stories on hold for you.[/QUOTE]

cool thanks!!!

[quote name='suko_32']I'll most likely be back on the 20th and I can't wait. If I somehow find a Suikoden Tactics on my last run though Tally before I go, I'll let you know. I still have Tales of Phantasia and Radiata Stories on hold for you.[/QUOTE]
Let me know too.. if you can.

Been playing Tactics this past week and Suiko 4 the week before, I've been a huge Suikoden fan since the beginning. These do not live up to the rest of the series, but remain entertaining...the enjoyment is lessened by the knowledge of what could have been or what has already been.

Caution though! Tactics has a static menu bar that is on the screen 99% of the time on the top left and started to cause burn in on my plasma, what a dumb move by the developers and me for realizing it too late.

Would price matching this with Best Buy for instance be a possibility? Just wondering, since I'd probably be bringing in an online printout.

[quote name='tiktok0']Caution though! Tactics has a static menu bar that is on the screen 99% of the time on the top left and started to cause burn in on my plasma, what a dumb move by the developers and me for realizing it too late.[/quote] You shouldn't really be playing any RPG's on a plasma TV. Strategy RPG's are a double no-no since there is so much time devoted to thinking about your next move. I hope it isn't too bad but you might want to buy a cheap TV to play your RPGs on.

Am I the first person to snag a copy? My CC in Trumbull, CT had a few copies on the shelf so I picked one up. Thanks, OP! By the by...having never played a Suikoden game before, is this a good one to start with? If not, how pricey are the others (...well, I KNOW about I and II and how I'll never own them).

By the by...having never played a Suikoden game before, is this a good one to start with? If not, how pricey are the others (...well, I KNOW about I and II and how I'll never own them).
Each of the Suikodens are entertwined with history, however some more so than other. Suikoden IV is almost completely independent of I/II/III. Suikoden Tactics builds on Suikoden IV heavily...basically because Suikoden IV was so weak comparitively story wise Suiko Tactics is a way to slightly flesh it out a bit.

If you can find Suikoden IV, it should be less than 20$, I believe Toys R Us has it for 10 if you find it.

[quote name='tiktok0']Each of the Suikodens are entertwined with history, however some more so than other. Suikoden IV is almost completely independent of I/II/III. Suikoden Tactics builds on Suikoden IV heavily...basically because Suikoden IV was so weak comparitively story wise Suiko Tactics is a way to slightly flesh it out a bit.

If you can find Suikoden IV, it should be less than 20$, I believe Toys R Us has it for 10 if you find it.[/QUOTE]
Man, somebody pick it up for me. I need to go to TRU.. none near me anymore though.

was anyone else able to add to cart but then when you go to check out the cart gets emptied? it says its in stock now but its not working.

[quote name='dino3333']was anyone else able to add to cart but then when you go to check out the cart gets emptied? it says its in stock now but its not working.[/quote]

Yeah check the thread and you'll see that I explained this already, the "add to cart" button needs to be on the product page, if its just in the list it won't work. I was able to order one yesterday when for a second the button appeared on the product page, and CC just sent me an email saying that it shipped with a FedEx tracking number so I guess it worked. Just keep checking the product page regularly and maybe you'll be able to snag one like I did.

product page

this is list page so you can see the difference

[quote name='chaarlieee']Man, somebody pick it up for me. I need to go to TRU.. none near me anymore though.[/quote]

I can't even find it in the CC inventory log books. I doubt they have any in store. Good luck guys.

Your icon looks better everytime I stare at it, still like the previous one more. =P

[quote name='roymustang']Yeah check the thread and you'll see that I explained this already, the "add to cart" button needs to be on the product page, if its just in the list it won't work. I was able to order one yesterday when for a second the button appeared on the product page, and CC just sent me an email saying that it shipped with a FedEx tracking number so I guess it worked. Just keep checking the product page regularly and maybe you'll be able to snag one like I did.

product page

this is list page so you can see the difference[/QUOTE]

I actually added it from the product page and its the same thing so i dunno. it still says add to cart on both the product and list page. i guess ill keep trying.

They had 3 copies of Suikoden Tactics correctly tagged at 9.99 at my Circuit City today to which I picked one up. They never had any of the PS2 Suikoden games at my smaller Circuit City (which is too bad as Circuit City was the place I ended up buying I & II at and at good prices for when I bought them) so it was a surprise to see this pop up at my store much like some of the cool deals games or afew games like Total Overdose or Project Snowblind that have been showing back up clearanced at some B&M stores.

bread's done
Back