90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

This is probably a long shot, but has anyone been to either the Tuscaloosa, AL or Montgomery, AL stores? i'm going through both places today, and I would like to know if it is picked clean.

[quote name='munch']This is probably a long shot, but has anyone been to either the Tuscaloosa, AL or Montgomery, AL stores? i'm going through both places today, and I would like to know if it is picked clean.[/quote]

Montgomery AL has a few things left, but alot more in the stock room. They're horrible about price changes/tickets. They do have a few La Pucelle's left. Good luck if you come down here, I'm heading to Dothan on Saturday to their TRU

Alternakid,

Shipwreck beat me to it. :) When I stopped last night they had one more copy of R:Racing, but it sounds like there's nothing there now.

I still wonder about that mountain bike, my wife has been keeping an eye out for one.

cool. did you happen to notice anything vis a vis GCN? and, you speak of this thing called a stock room, how do i get access to it?

Hit up Paramus NJ, got 11 games for 28 bucks (pretty much the same stuff everyone else is posting) but they had a big stack of Eternal Darkness, if anyone is interested in it.

Anyone needing the following TRU Gamecube games, PM me:

Eternal Darkness
Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance
Gladius
Zapper
Disney's Magical Mirror
NHL 2K3

I went last night to the East Brunswick, NJ store last night. They really didn't have anything as far as gaming goes left, but I did get a HEAPING CART FULL 'O TOYS for my god kids for 20 and change. The cashier said that if I had paid regular price, it would have come out to $240.00. 220 saved thanks to CAG!! WOO HOO!!

The kids are gonna flip when they see all the crap I got em...I can't wait.

If anybody was able to pick up an extra Gladius, Gladiator, or Deus Ex for the X-Box from this deal, give me a PM. I've been looking forward to picking up these games and of course my TRU was picked through!

I think I've PM'd everyone who's offered a Pac Man VS, but if I haven't, feel free to PM me. Not a lot for trade, but I can offer some Best Buy Gamer Gift Cards ....

Do these show up when you price check them yourself with the scanners in store or do you have to get an employee to scan them at a register?
-G

I went today, found a few games. Mojo, Mad Maestro, and Ejay. I picked them up for myself basically. For $1, I can't go wrong. There was one lady there, and she was playing a PS2 demo when I got there. I asked her to scan a few games because they weren't green tagged, which she did, but replied "These aren't 90% off." Well, they were, and she told me I just gave her something to do for a while. :lol: She said she was going to mark the games with green tags. She did tell me that yesterday some asshole came in and bought All 30 copies of Primal that they had to trade in. fuck that guy, I actually wanted one to play. Ah well.

[quote name='bigjon1805']can anybody describe the GBA that's 7 bucks? I had them scan a black one and it was still 70. Anybody got any info on this?[/quote]

They're gone, stop trying.

[quote name='simplygriff']Do these show up when you price check them yourself with the scanners in store or do you have to get an employee to scan them at a register?
-G[/quote]

If you have a scanner in the R-zone, scan them. The ones that come up "PROMO" are 90% off. You can also have the cashier scan them.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='simplygriff']Do these show up when you price check them yourself with the scanners in store or do you have to get an employee to scan them at a register?
-G[/quote]

If you have a scanner in the R-zone, scan them. The ones that come up "PROMO" are 90% off. You can also have the cashier scan them.[/quote]

Sweet!
-G

Well I'm done witht he HIaleah, FL store for now. This is what I did in total there:

For trade-in:
Primal (x5) (paid 7.50 for all)
Eternal Darkness (5.00)
Fantavision (1.50)
Mojo (1.00)
Traded these in at EB and got $44.50 on my Edge card. Not too shabby.

For me:
Eternal Darkness (5.00)
Wave Race: Blue Storm (5.00)
Primal (1.50)
Resident Evil: CVX (9.99)
LOTR: Two Towers GBA (2.50)

Gonna hit up the Pembrok PInes TRU later today. I'll talk about that trip when I come back from it. Hopefully they have some gems, like MVC2.......can't hurt to dream, does it?

[quote name='Trakan']She said she was going to mark the games with green tags. She did tell me that yesterday some asshole came in and bought All 30 copies of Primal that they had to trade in. shaq-fu that guy, I actually wanted one to play. Ah well.[/quote]

Was this the 27th Street store?

Racine is pretty empty (there was nothing to begin with).

I'd trade you a Primal if you want it, I have 40 copies :shock:

JUST KIDDING, but I do have one extra sealed one for trade.

[quote name='Nogib']Odd....Mojo and Amplitude were not part of the 90% off sale at my local TRU (no "PROMO" when scanned).[/quote]

Mine did the same with certain titles, I picked up Mojo for $3 during 70% off, but yesterday they were on the regular shelves of games with the green tags removed...

[quote name='zman73'][quote name='Nogib']Odd....Mojo and Amplitude were not part of the 90% off sale at my local TRU (no "PROMO" when scanned).[/quote]

Mine did the same with certain titles, I picked up Mojo for $3 during 70% off, but yesterday they were on the regular shelves of games with the green tags removed...[/quote]

I had this problem with Amplitude, and it was green tagged they price matched it.

my stores didnt have much since i cleaned them out durung the 70%+coupon sale..but for $4 i picked up

hunter wayward for ps2
mario party e-reader pack
dreamcast sega sports 2k1 combo pack.

[quote name='62t']Got 2 extra Fatal Frame II for PS2. Looking to trade those.[/quote]
How much do you buy it? I thought it wasn't part of the 90% clearence.

Fatal Frame II is not part of the 90% clearance but it is part of the TRU inventory reduction, so prices will vary from store to store (YMMV). My local TRU had about 6 coipes that they marked down to $10.98.

[quote name='Nogib']Odd....Mojo and Amplitude were not part of the 90% off sale at my local TRU (no "PROMO" when scanned).[/quote]

Mojo Xbox was not at mine. PS2 was. I'm pretty sure it has to have the sticker barcode.

Yeah, this is YMMV . . . my store removed green tags from most everything . . .

Literally, the only "promo" games that I saw were "Eternal Darkness" one copy and "Black and Bruised"

But I did buy some stuff in Dec. with the magic coupon.

Ok I am back from the TRU in Dothan Alabama

They didnt have any screens or Broadband Adapters which I orignally went for.

Here is what i got:

XBOX
Drake - $3.48
Group S Challenge - $3.00

PS2
Parappa the Rapper 2 (4 copies)- 2 of them rand up $1.00. the other 2 for $2.00
Black & Bruised - $3.00
NHL Hitz Pro - $4.00
NFL 2k3 - $1.50
ICO (2 copies)- $3.00

GC
Disney's Magical Mirror - $5.00
2002 Fifa World Cup - $3.00
Virtua Striker 2002 - $5.00
Gladius - $5.00
Eternal Darkness (3 copies) - $3.50
INTEC Rechargeable Battery Pack(Black) (2 of them) - $4.00
INTEC Indigo Programmable Controller (2 of them) - $3.00

GBA Link cable(4 of them) - 40 Cents

They had plenty of copies of NHL 2003 and NFL 2k3. Anyone interested in any of this, let me know.

I really want a GC Screen!!!!!!!

Picked up the last Xbox Intec Monitor at Golf Mill TRU. $14.99

Also picked up a GBA to GBA link cable for $.40

Games available were

Odd World Xbox
NCAA 2K3 college Football Xbox
Primal Ps2
Amplitude PS2
Perfect Dark N64
Crash Bash PSone

and that was it. Slim pickings.

so far all has been good for me except for my search for hardware. All the hardware on green tag sale are crap where I live. Best deals i've found were on Eternal Darkness and Robotic Alchemic Drive.

I am so glad TRU decided to do this now with the EB trade in deal goin on at the same time! :)

[quote name='simplygriff']Anybody have any idea what EB will give in trade for some of this stuff. I'm looking for credit to get my PSP.
-G[/quote]

Probably somewhere close to "jack" and not far from "squat." But you'll still make out since they are giving an extra $10 for each two games you trade in.

[quote name='Ace!']anyone know possible trade in values of ICO, Parappa the Rapper, and Eternal Darkness?[/quote]

Are you interest in selling Parappa for a good price?

i am interested in enternal darkness tradein values as well..i bought one from TRU to replace a copy i have minus manual and want to get rid of it...any help would be great thanks!

ICO, probably about a buck since they're selling it for 9.99, as for the other two, I'd guess about $5-$8. How about a guesstimate for 5 copies of Dead or Alive 3, KOF 2000-2001, Tenchu Wrath of Heaven, and MAFIA(Xbox). I'd like a few new cube games. Lest someone here wants them.

*Edit* I stand corrected before the list. I thought 5-8 for both was a little low (total, not each) but .50 ? :(

[quote name='Ace!']anyone know possible trade in values of ICO, Parappa the Rapper, and Eternal Darkness?[/quote]

My Eternal Darkness got $2 i think :lol: but the extra $10 was worth it.

!IMPORTANT INFO!

Talked with an employee at TRU and said that some stores still have alot of stuff being green tagged in their inventory and not on shelves as of yet. Be sure to visit TRU tommorow for more possible promo items! :shock: I'm going tommorow. From what I heard the TRU I went to still had a ton of items to "promo-ize"

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='Ace!']anyone know possible trade in values of ICO, Parappa the Rapper, and Eternal Darkness?[/quote]

!IMPORTANT INFO!

Talked with an employee at TRU and said that some stores still have alot of stuff being green tagged in their inventory and not on shelves as of yet. Be sure to visit TRU tommorow for more possible promo items! :shock: I'm going tommorow. From what I heard the TRU still had a ton of items to "promo-ize"[/quote]

**** yes if true at all stores!

lol about trade in values, my games netted $34, so that's only $4 CREDIT FOR 6 GAMES. LOL.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano'][quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='Ace!']anyone know possible trade in values of ICO, Parappa the Rapper, and Eternal Darkness?[/quote]

!IMPORTANT INFO!

Talked with an employee at TRU and said that some stores still have alot of stuff being green tagged in their inventory and not on shelves as of yet. Be sure to visit TRU tommorow for more possible promo items! :shock: I'm going tommorow. From what I heard the TRU still had a ton of items to "promo-ize"[/quote]

**** yes if true at all stores!

lol about trade in values, my games netted $34, so that's only $4 CREDIT FOR 6 GAMES. LOL.[/quote]

I can't confirm this is part of the majority of stores but i know at least a certain number of them still have to put out their marked down items. Might be alot more crap though.

[quote name='Trakan']I did ask at mine, but they said they didn't have anything in the back.[/quote]

yeah see... like I said. Make sure you call before thinking about going.

I'm gonna check back at mine tomorrow night after I get paid. Hopefully I can find some more cool stuff. Maybe I'll pick up some more EB fodder.

Hey All,

I didn't read through the whole thread, but can anyone let me know if Times Square NYC is definately picked clean or if there's any chance of finding anything....thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back