90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Scorch']I love how people are just now reading this and thinking they're going to score huge at TRU.[/quote]

All the big scores were back in August, when it went to 50% off.

Couldn't complain about any of those finds, and as I've seen, most of those have been non-existant since August.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. My TRU was cleaned out during that sale by me and two other CAGs, well mostly. Also my TRU when I went seemed like it was actually adding a few more games to the bin/sale than were at the original 50% off sale.[/quote]

well the real scoring is in the fact that this is going on at the same time as the EB 2 games +$10 deal. So far I have not picked up anything I want to keep, but Have gained more than half my payments for the PSP... and that's good stuff :shock:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Scorch']I love how people are just now reading this and thinking they're going to score huge at TRU.[/quote]

Couldn't complain about any of those finds, and as I've seen, most of those have been non-existant since August.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. My TRU was cleaned out during that sale by me and two other CAGs, well mostly. Also my TRU when I went seemed like it was actually adding a few more games to the bin/sale than were at the original 50% off sale.[/quote]

well the real scoring is in the fact that this is going on at the same time as the EB 2 games +$10 deal. So far I have not picked up anything I want to keep, but Have gained more than half my payments for the PSP... and that's good stuff :shock:[/quote]

That is, assuming you can find something that EB won't kick to the curb and say no to for the bonus credit. My TRU's have been pretty picked clean for items to use there, and some EB's have been selective on accepting Jampacks, and other really cheap crap, from some posts in the EB thread.

[quote name='shrike4242']
That is, assuming you can find something that EB won't kick to the curb and say no to for the bonus credit. My TRU's have been pretty picked clean for items to use there, and some EB's have been selective on accepting Jampacks, and other really cheap crap, from some posts in the EB thread.[/quote]

I just unload 4 Jampacks (.80 each) and Unreal Champ (.90) and a Mad Maestro (free) . . . my total out of pocket was $4.xx . . . my EB credit is up $33.25 :lol:

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Scorch']I love how people are just now reading this and thinking they're going to score huge at TRU.[/quote]

well the real scoring is in the fact that this is going on at the same time as the EB 2 games +$10 deal. So far I have not picked up anything I want to keep, but Have gained more than half my payments for the PSP... and that's good stuff :shock:[/quote]

That is, assuming you can find something that EB won't kick to the curb and say no to for the bonus credit. My TRU's have been pretty picked clean for items to use there, and some EB's have been selective on accepting Jampacks, and other really cheap crap, from some posts in the EB thread.[/quote]

I know mine won't take the jampacks either :(. They will take the Xbox exhibitions though.

[quote name='munch'][quote name='jkam'][quote name='Scorch']I love how people are just now reading this and thinking they're going to score huge at TRU.[/quote]

I actually got more stuff I wanted yesterday than on the first day of the sale. One TRU put out more on the 2nd day...probably once they cleared out more of the stock room. I'm not saying you'll be walking out with XBOX screens and all that jazz but there are still deals to be had.[/quote]

explain to me what XBOX screen they are discounting. is it the intec 5.4? i went to one and they had it marked down to $99.99. is that the right one?[/quote]

It's both the 5.4 and 5.6 screens, they both have the same UPC code. And should be around $15

[quote name='DreamSymphony'][quote name='munch'][quote name='jkam'][quote name='Scorch']I love how people are just now reading this and thinking they're going to score huge at TRU.[/quote]

I actually got more stuff I wanted yesterday than on the first day of the sale. One TRU put out more on the 2nd day...probably once they cleared out more of the stock room. I'm not saying you'll be walking out with XBOX screens and all that jazz but there are still deals to be had.[/quote]

explain to me what XBOX screen they are discounting. is it the intec 5.4? i went to one and they had it marked down to $99.99. is that the right one?[/quote]

It's both the 5.4 and 5.6 screens, they both have the same UPC code. And should be around $15[/quote]

alright, well i'm going to go back then and get them to check again. thanks.

still some deals out there I just found
PS2 fatal frame 2 13.98
PS2 Black Bruised 3.00
XBOX WWE raw 2 1.99
PC Homeworld 2 1.99
PS2 Onimusha 2 2.00
GBA space invaders 4.00
GC Zapper 4.00
GC Univerisal Studios 3.00
XBOX Dark Angel 2.00

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Scorch']I love how people are just now reading this and thinking they're going to score huge at TRU.[/quote]

Exactly, I am going today for the first time, and I don't really care what they have, as long as I can get trade fodder for EB.

[quote name='dsullo']still some deals out there I just found
PS2 fatal frame 2 13.98
PS2 Black Bruised 3.00
XBOX WWE raw 2 1.99
PC Homeworld 2 1.99
PS2 Onimusha 2 2.00
GBA space invaders 4.00
GC Zapper 4.00
GC Univerisal Studios 3.00
XBOX Dark Angel 2.00[/quote]

Gimmie Homeworld 2 :whistle2:O

[quote name='Daddy']So this is still on?[/quote]

No, all of the Toys R US' exploded in a huge fire because some CAGs didn't get there copy of Primal.

[quote name='jkam']I actually got more stuff I wanted yesterday than on the first day of the sale. One TRU put out more on the 2nd day...probably once they cleared out more of the stock room. I'm not saying you'll be walking out with XBOX screens and all that jazz but there are still deals to be had.[/quote]

Well, I just picked up two XBOX 5.6" screens today, so yes, depending on your location and popularity of the local TRU stores, there is still a decent bounty to be had.

Plus I found that my TRU didn't green tag everything that was on clearance, and because it's YMMV it's difficult to find out what is exactly on sale. At this point it's really trial and error. That makes it more likely to find something decent still.

Jeremy

[quote name='schultzed'][quote name='JCNY23']My pickups on Wednesday afternoon:

For the PS2:
Primal 4x
Black and Bruised 2x
Ejay Clubworld 2x
Mad Maestro 2x
Gladiator
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8
Hard Hitter Tennis

For Xbox:
Gun Metal

For the DC:
Dead or Alive 2
Giga Wing 2x
Jet Grind Radio
Coaster Works
Bomber Online
Sega Bass Fishing
Dave Mirra BMX
Soul Fighter
Chu Chu Rocket
Sega Marine Fishing
Sega Tennis 2k2
Phantasy Star Online ver. 2
Samba de Amigo
Toy Story 2
Eighteen Wheeler
Alien Front Online
D-2
Unreal Tournament
Daytona USA
Conflict Zone
Nfl 2k1
Nba 2k1
World Series Baseball 2k1

Spent around $60 dollars and saved $530 at TRU.[/quote]

How on earth is this possible?

YMMV . . . mine had nothing . . . 4 old jampacks and one eternal darkness . . . its just not fair!!![/quote]

Its the nature of CAG. You get lucky on some deals, you miss out on others. Just wait for the next big sale!

I am sure this question has been answered else where in this thread but will games that ringup at other TRU's that are green tagged ring up as as "promo" even though they are not green tagged at another TRU?

I notice a lot of games that were at my TRU that were not greentagged being tagged at others and I'm debating another trip back to pick up a few extras.

Any advice would be great thanks!

I JUST missed the deal at my local Toys R Us. I had already been to two others a couple of days ago, but this was one I had to go to on my lunch break.

Well, I walk in....and someone is checking out. I see that they have an entire cart filled with games....must have been 200 easy. He pretty much cleaned the place out. I overheard him say he had about 45 Primals.

Damn. Still got 4 games there....but if I had JUST been an hour sooner!

[quote name='vanlandw']I am sure this question has been answered else where in this thread but will games that ringup at other TRU's that are green tagged ring up as as "promo" even though they are not green tagged at another TRU?

I notice a lot of games that were at my TRU that were not greentagged being tagged at others and I'm debating another trip back to pick up a few extras.

Any advice would be great thanks![/quote]

I just went through that exact issue at yet another Toys R Us. They had some great choices that I knew were 90% off at other Toys R Us (like Mojo which I had already bought, Jak and Dex 1, etc), and they were not green tagged. I had a really nice associate ring everyone up for me, and none of them rang up with the special.

So for some reason, some stores must not have the 90% in their systems or something. I may be going back there though to see if those go on sale.

I printed up the list that is in the deal discussion board. I had a clerk price match the ones I could find and wanted. Its YMMV as a lot of the games I could find ran 90% off even though none of them had green tags. However most on the list didn't ring up that way, they were regular price. I am sure it depends on your location, and the popularity of the game, etc. If the register says promo beside the price when its price checked or rang up then its 90% off.

I just came back from the store andf I found:
3-D surround for PS2
Mafia (PC)
Neverwinternights (PC)
Civilization 3 Game of the Year Edition (PC)
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 (PC)
Gladius (XBOX, $1.99!!!)
Robotech (Xbox)
Dead to Rights (GC) (got 2)
Eternal Darkness
Phantom Crash (Xbox)Music Maker (PS2, $.99)
And a whole bunch of E-reader cards for like .25 each
Total: 42 bucks and some cents

[quote name='foinecrewx']Anyone got anything from S. California TRU ? So far I havnt seen anything good at TRU near by ...... =([/quote]

Nada, I've been to Woodland Hills, Thousand Oaks, and Ventura Toys R Us's. Than again so cal is huge, and you might not even live by those stores. My friend in Bakersfield said there's a lot of stuff there.

[quote name='breathofj'][quote name='vanlandw']I am sure this question has been answered else where in this thread but will games that ringup at other TRU's that are green tagged ring up as as "promo" even though they are not green tagged at another TRU?

Any advice would be great thanks![/quote]

I just went through that exact issue at yet another Toys R Us. They had some great choices that I knew were 90% off at other Toys R Us (like Mojo which I had already bought, Jak and Dex 1, etc), and they were not green tagged. I had a really nice associate ring everyone up for me, and none of them rang up with the special.

So for some reason, some stores must not have the 90% in their systems or something. I may be going back there though to see if those go on sale.[/quote]

This has been explained before, but there are different barcodes on Mojo's, Jak & Daxter's, etc... Some games have a stickered UPC over the original UPC. These UPC's are treated differently in TRU's system. It's not that your particular TRU doesn't have those games on sale, it's that they are not the correct UPC's that are a part of this sale. For example, one of my TRU had the both the on sale Mojo and the not on-sale Mojo. It's not a store by store basis, it's just whether the store has the green-tagged version of these games.

back from the Albany Georgia store with nothing really

They didnt have much.

I got a Intec PSOne screen for 10 bucks and some Animal Crossing e readers.

Good Luck everyone!

Anyone have an extra XBOX screen????

[quote name='cronnos']I just came back from the store andf I found:
3-D surround for PS2
Mafia (PC)
Neverwinternights (PC)
Civilization 3 Game of the Year Edition (PC)
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 (PC)
Gladius (XBOX, $1.99!!!)
Robotech (Xbox)
Dead to Rights (GC) (got 2)
Eternal Darkness
Phantom Crash (Xbox)Music Maker (PS2, $.99)
And a whole bunch of E-reader cards for like .25 each
Total: 42 bucks and some cents[/quote]

Damn I would like some cheap speakers! My tru didn't have them for sale.

[quote name='Scorch']I love how people are just now reading this and thinking they're going to score huge at TRU.[/quote]

What's really funny is this deal was just posted TODAY on Slickdeals.

WTF, is TRU pulling some clearance games off the shevles and out of their system? I was at one last night and saw Clubworld and Mojo for $1 each (they were scanned right before my eyes) and I was going to get them today and then when I come in today, they rang up at full price.

What gives?

I"m hoping to get to TRU tonight or tomorrow in Appleton, WI...it'll probably be picked over but I hope to at least walk out of there with XIII (xb).

It'd be sweet to get some extra game for trade in at EB - as everyone has been mentioning.

I might head out to another TRU tomorrow that's pretty far away, about a good 45 min to an hour one way to see what they have. I remember seeing some stuff there during the Buy 2 get 1 free sale that I probably should've gotten then but didn't really have the money.

I went to the one in Orlando, FL, by Fashion Square Mall. And it was garbage. They had like 8 shopping carts full of crap, the only games in there were the Pinball E-reader Cards. I talked to someone there and they said they didn't think the games were ever part of the sale. Kind of sad. Avoid this location.

Another important note:

A TRU employee told me that they are still getting some green tag stuff in there shipments. He said its rare, but they are still getting this in the shipments.

I know this may be a bug YMMV, but its interesting for those who haven't gotten much. Maybe they will luck up! Or not....

[quote name='oper00']I was at one last night and saw Clubworld and Mojo for $1 each (they were scanned right before my eyes) and I was going to get them today and then when I come in today, they rang up at full price.

What gives?[/quote]

No offense, but I'm just wondering what was keeping you from just buying them that night? I mean, did you need to save the two extra dollar bills for the strip club or something? Did you need to buy a candy bar? :D

[quote name='chair_home']I went to the one in Orlando, FL, by Fashion Square Mall. And it was garbage. They had like 8 shopping carts full of crap, the only games in there were the Pinball E-reader Cards. I talked to someone there and they said they didn't think the games were ever part of the sale. Kind of sad. Avoid this location.[/quote]

I can sense your discouragement, nothing sucks more than everyone getting these awesome deals while the store by you is seemingly full of idiots.

[quote name='phattyphat69'][quote name='oper00']I was at one last night and saw Clubworld and Mojo for $1 each (they were scanned right before my eyes) and I was going to get them today and then when I come in today, they rang up at full price.

What gives?[/quote]

No offense, but I'm just wondering what was keeping you from just buying them that night? I mean, did you need to save the two extra dollar bills for the strip club or something? Did you need to buy a candy bar? :D[/quote]

Lol, no I actually needed gas money and got paid today :lol:

Mine (St. Charles, IL) had pulled Jack and Dexter back. They had three copies when it was 70%. Now they are marked $20 w/ No green tag.

Also noticed a lot of empty space throughout the store. Empty shelves etc.

There were many items that had residue from where the green tags were that they pulled off.

Clubworld was the only thing left greentagged for ps2, they had about 10 copies.

Definitely YMMV

I went and traded some games in at EB today. The manager said they have a new sale starting in 2 weeks. He said he couldnt remember if it was buy one get one free or buy two get one free. He was an idiot :) Preplayed Games that is...

so maybe the sale will be good, who knows

[quote name='oper00'][quote name='phattyphat69'][quote name='oper00']I was at one last night and saw Clubworld and Mojo for $1 each (they were scanned right before my eyes) and I was going to get them today and then when I come in today, they rang up at full price.

What gives?[/quote]

No offense, but I'm just wondering what was keeping you from just buying them that night? I mean, did you need to save the two extra dollar bills for the strip club or something? Did you need to buy a candy bar? :D[/quote]

Lol, no I actually needed gas money and got paid today :lol:[/quote]

That's the reason we have credit cards. You purchase what you want (within reason) today, and you get your bill next month, long after your paycheck has arrived. Still, I can't believe you didn't have a lousy $2 to spare that night. Are you really living paycheck to paycheck?

[quote name='Chris in Cali'][quote name='foinecrewx']Anyone got anything from S. California TRU ? So far I havnt seen anything good at TRU near by ...... =([/quote]

Nada, I've been to Woodland Hills, Thousand Oaks, and Ventura Toys R Us's. Than again so cal is huge, and you might not even live by those stores. My friend in Bakersfield said there's a lot of stuff there.[/quote]

Well I did get some decent stuff from the TO store, I guess I hit it before you did. Got Wild Arms 3, Deus Ex, Legends of wrestling 2, Eternal Darkness, Universal studios, GBA Space invaders, and the usual mojo/music type games :) I was actually thinking about going to the Ventura one, but I guess I won't bother if you've scoped it out already!

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='oper00'][quote name='phattyphat69'][quote name='oper00']I was at one last night and saw Clubworld and Mojo for $1 each (they were scanned right before my eyes) and I was going to get them today and then when I come in today, they rang up at full price.

What gives?[/quote]

Lol, no I actually needed gas money and got paid today :lol:[/quote]

That's the reason we have credit cards. You purchase what you want (within reason) today, and you get your bill next month, long after your paycheck has arrived. Still, I can't believe you didn't have a lousy $2 to spare that night. Are you really living paycheck to paycheck?[/quote]

some people choose not to have credit cards...some people can't qualify for credit cards...some people can't find their credit cards

I was in Nashville this morning, so I checked the Antioch TRU. Nothing much there. They had some Primal (about six).. some Wipeout for PS2 green tagged.. some other stuff was taken off the green tag thing and put back on the shelves.. they had Mafia and Red Faction 2 on PC tagged, I almost.. ALMOST got Red Faction 2, but then I noticed the DC sports bundle, so I picked that up. They also had Carrier and Shadowman, passed on both. Dreamcast sports bundle rang up for $1.30, the employee didn't know it jumped to 90%.. he ran out and got some PC titles, including Myst.. it wasn't that they were OOS on some things, they just didn't carry them, like Fatal Frame or KOF 00/01 (which my local TRU had).

After going to 5 Toys R Us's still have a 6th to go to but probably not going to find anything there worthwhile my final haul

Playstation 1
2.00 007 Tommarow Never Dies(Forgot it was in the Collection)
1.50 Crash Bandicoot: Warped
2.01 Countdown Vampires
4.00 EA Collectors Edition, 007 Racing, Medal of Honor, 007 Tommarow Never Dies
0.70 Grand Tursimo 1
1.50 Grand Tursimo 2
2.00 Gundam Battle Assault 2
1.50 Namco Museum Volume 3
2.00 Road Rash 3D
1.00 Spec Ops: Covert Assault
1.50 Star Wars: Rebel Assault II
1.50 Syphon Filter 2
1.50 Syphon Filter 3 (They had to override on both somebody put sticker on it when they wern't supposed to it seems)
1.50 Tekken 3
1.00 Tomb Raider II
1.00 Tomb Raider III
1.50 Twisted Metal III

Dreamcast
2.00 Carrier
2.40 D2
1.00 Dynomite Cop
1.00 Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver
1.00 Maken X
2.00 Phantasy Star Online Ver .2
2.00 Quake 3 Arena
1.00 Spirit of Speed 1937

Gamecube
5.00 Gladius
4.00 The Haunted Mansion
4.00 Zapper

Playstation 2
3.00 Gladiator Sword of Vengeance
1.00 Mad Maestro
1.00 Mojo
1.00 Pryzm
2.50 Wipeout Fusion

Gamegear
0.50 Sonic The Hedghog 2
0.50 Sonic The Hedghog: Chaos

Genesis
1.00 Mortal Kombat 2
1.00 F22 Interceptor: Advanced Tactical Fighter

PC
2.00 Homeworld 2
2.00 Red Faction 2
1.00 Daiktana

Accesories
2.00 Xbox AV Pack (x2)
4.00 Gamecube Battery Pak Black (x2)
10.00 Intec 5 Inch PS1 Screen (x2)
2.00 PS1 Car Adapter
1.50 Gameboy/Gameboy Color Gameshark

Guides
0.70 Prima Zelda Wind Waker
0.70 Soul Calibur II
1.50 Star Wars: Jedi Academy
0.70 True Crime: Streets of LA

$118.20 Spent $953.00 in Savings
53 Items Bought

[quote name='jrutz']Anyone get Wario Ware GC as part of this clearance sale?

Jeremy[/quote]

Is this game also green tagged? Because they have a couple in my store today.

[quote name='screwkick'][quote name='Scorch']I love how people are just now reading this and thinking they're going to score huge at TRU.[/quote]

What's really funny is this deal was just posted TODAY on Slickdeals.[/quote]

The first rule about CAG is that you don't talk about CAG. [-X :whistle2:# :ziplip: :censored:

[quote name='cronnos'][quote name='jrutz']Anyone get Wario Ware GC as part of this clearance sale?

Jeremy[/quote]

Is this game also green tagged? Because they have a couple in my store today.[/quote]

It was when I picked it up in August, though some games from the initial part of the sale dropped off shortly thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back