90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

bought the following over the weekend via the 90% off sale:

28th street, grand rapids MI-
legends of wrestling 2 - xbox - $2
black and bruised - ps2 - $3
mvp baseball 2003 - xbox - $3

alpine street, grand rapids, MI-
mad maestro - ps2 - $1
r typefinal - ps2 - x2 (2 for $20, not 90% off)
10 e reader packs - from $.10 to $.30 each

holland, MI-
xbox exhibition 02 - $.50
30 e reader packs - from $.10 to $.30 each

this deal is about cashed out for video games.....supplies very limited and picked through....

[quote name='outlawz42']Anyone know if the TRU in the NYC area have anything? I think the one In Union Square went out of business..[/quote]

times square today

shelf on the left had ps2 games under $10:
about 30 copies of primal @ $1
bloodrayne was $1.50
some other stuff

the bin had tons of $2 doa3, oddworld: munch, a football title, a star wars title

then there was 2 for $20 on most of the $14.99 games like godzilla, defender, mortal kombat (thats all i remember for the gc ones)

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Whoa...was Bloodrayne green tag?[/quote]

yeah, Bloodrayne was greentaged... I didn't notice it when I was paying at the register but the TRU cashier actually went and got it for me. Plus, he pointed out this $100 mp3 player that was marked down to $10. Nice kid!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Cool.
Which mp3 player was marked to $10? And was it the Gamecube version of Bloodrayne green tagged?[/quote]

Yeah, it was the Gamecube version of Bloodrayne... for $2. I got the last one on the 1st day of the sale. The TRU employee said someone came in before me and got most of the good stuff like the LCD screens.

The MP3/FM Radio player I got was an RCA Lyra (RD1080B) marked from $100 to $10. It was tucked away with some caller ID devices. I completely missed it and was about to leave the store but luckily the nice guy working there that afternoon pointed it out to me.

It was the last one at my store. Was anyone else able to score one of these? Only 128 MB internally (with an extra SD expansion slot). It's no Ipod but for that price, how can I complain?

[quote name='captaincold']WARNING:WATCH OUT FOR PIECE OF SHIT TRU CASHIERS!!!!!

This has been mentioned but i was a victim of this & now i need to make further confirmation.
When you take games to get priced scanned MAKE SURE you look at the register and if the word "promo" pops up then it's apart of the 90%off sale.

When this sale 1st started i went to a TRU with a stack of games that i saw by reading the posts in here and every single game the cashier told me was regular price.

So like many of my fellow CAG's i went back to the same store again this time knowing about the "Promo" icon that pops up and i take the same games to the register and low and behold ALL OF THE GAMES WERE 90% off!!!

That cocksucking ho delibrately told me they weren't on sale when they were.[/quote]

Yeah I've had that same experience MANY times at TRU, god I hate that place.

[quote name='sabin23'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']Cool.
Which mp3 player was marked to $10? And was it the Gamecube version of Bloodrayne green tagged?[/quote]

Yeah, it was the Gamecube version of Bloodrayne... for $2. I got the last one on the 1st day of the sale. The TRU employee said someone came in before me and got most of the good stuff like the LCD screens.

The MP3/FM Radio player I got was an RCA Lyra (RD1080B) marked from $100 to $10. It was tucked away with some caller ID devices. I completely missed it and was about to leave the store but luckily the nice guy working there that afternoon pointed it out to me.

It was the last one at my store. Was anyone else able to score one of these? Only 128 MB internally (with an extra SD expansion slot). It's no Ipod but for that price, how can I complain?[/quote]

Thanks. I gotta go check out that mp3 player.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='sabin23'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']Cool.

It was the last one at my store. Was anyone else able to score one of these? Only 128 MB internally (with an extra SD expansion slot). It's no Ipod but for that price, how can I complain?[/quote]

Thanks. I gotta go check out that mp3 player.[/quote]

i have this mp3 player already, but i cant pass it up....it could be a present or something

[quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='sabin23'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']Cool.

You'll be hard pressed to find one...they'll probably just as hard to come by as the XBox LCDs. I got one of these with 70% off (about $13).

[quote name='Zon27'][quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='sabin23'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']Cool.

You'll be hard pressed to find one...they'll probably just as hard to come by as the XBox LCDs. I got one of these with 70% off (about $13).[/quote]

did you get that cd player at toysrus?

The manager at my EB kept telling me that TRU is getting out of the gaming business. I haven't heard anything like that (I view this as clearing out old inventory) but if that were the case then I suppose we should keep our eyes open for newer games to eventually be discounted.

[quote name='muncle'][quote name='Zon27'][quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='sabin23'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']Cool.

You'll be hard pressed to find one...they'll probably just as hard to come by as the XBox LCDs. I got one of these with 70% off (about $13).[/quote]

did you get that cd player at toysrus?[/quote]

Yeah, it's green tagged.

[quote name='muncle'][quote name='Zon27'][quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='sabin23'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']Cool.

I see the 7 inch Xbox LCDs but have never seen the 5 inch ones that some CAGs are reporting.

Actually the mp3 player that I got at TRU was one of those small ones with internal memory and an expansion slot... not the cd player. It's about the size of a Gamecube disc (in terms of height and width). But the MP3 CD player you got is even a better bargain then the one I got.

Mine is more portable though. Great for those workouts when I don't want to carry anything bulky.

[quote name='sabin23'][quote name='muncle'][quote name='Zon27'][quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='sabin23'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']Cool.

I see the 7 inch Xbox LCDs but have never seen the 5 inch ones that some CAGs are reporting.

Actually the mp3 player that I got at TRU was one of those small ones with internal memory and an expansion slot... not the cd player. It's about the size of a Gamecube disc (in terms of height and width). But the MP3 CD player you got is even a better bargain then the one I got.

Mine is more portable though. Great for those workouts when I don't want to carry anything bulky.[/quote]

Yeah, we had the Lyras at my store too but they didn't last too long at 70%. My friend scooped them up (like two of them). Back when it was 70% off I also got an X-Box Live starter for $15 (one with motogp and whacked demos inside).

[quote name='Kingjay89']I never shop atTRUso how can you tell if a product is green tagged?[/quote]

It's either tagged or you just use the force and know which one's are. Either that you can ask you cashier to scan some stuff. Meh, same diff, right?

[quote name='Kingjay89']I never shop atTRUso how can you tell if a product is green tagged?[/quote]

Most of it is just a green price sticker. They have also usesd green dots when they've run out of those price tags

[quote name='Zon27'][quote name='sabin23'][quote name='muncle'][quote name='Zon27'][quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='sabin23'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']Cool.

Mine is more portable though. Great for those workouts when I don't want to carry anything bulky.[/quote]

Yeah, we had the Lyras at my store too but they didn't last too long at 70%. My friend scooped them up (like two of them). Back when it was 70% off I also got an X-Box Live starter for $15 (one with motogp and whacked demos inside).[/quote]

The TRU green tag list that someone posted was pretty accurate, especially since some stores hardly green-tag most games.

Zon27, congrats on the score (your friend too) with mp3 players and xbox live... damn, I wish I wasn't such a CAG. I passed on the 70% sale when some of the good stuff was still in stock. It wasn't "cheap enough" for me then. Anyone else have the same regrets?

Looking back on it, I wish I picked up some games/items that I really wanted earlier at the 70% sale and then take my chances later on with the ones I was hesitant about.

Not much left at the Wilkes-Barre, PA TRU. Just some Soul Calibur guides and a Sega Bass fishing DC game.
Was able to snag a Fire Emblem guide and a copy of Primal though.

Might go over again later

The tag should be....green.

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='Kingjay89']I never shop atTRUso how can you tell if a product is green tagged?[/quote]

Most of it is just a green price sticker. They have also usesd green dots when they've run out of those price tags[/quote]

Thanks for the help

Not sure if anyone has said this yet, too lazy to search.. but anyways,

The Cyber Pad 2 (Dark Green One) by Intec is $2.49 at my TRU. It is not green tagged, but is by the Intec Accessories section, where the Xbox 3rd party accessories are (game cases, system selector, Intec driving wheel, etc.). It is hung, and the label for it says $24.99. It looks like this, but with the controller only in the hard plastic package:

B00006AN4J.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Note: The black colored one doesn't scan for $2.49, but is still at $24.99.

My TRU had not much left today.Unless you want to corner the Ebay market on The Sims Online or Ejay Clubworld.LOL

Did see some PS2 controller that had an LCD screen attached to it that was tagged $25 from $99.Also included one of those steel like carrying cases.

I went to 3 TRUs in the San Antonio area, and all had all or most of their stuff gone. What remained at some stores wasn't too noteworthy. Picked up two copies of GBA Space Invaders for $4 each. Also picked up PS2 siren for about $12.

ha, even at $2.98 no one is touching Drake of the 99 Dragons. It actually looks like they put more out on the shelves. I guess that means no one will care if I start hoarding 'em. :twisted:

Strider Turbulence Posted: February 13, 2005, 4:28 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ha, even at $2.98 no one is touching Drake of the 99 Dragons. It actually looks like they put more out on the shelves. I guess that means no one will care if I start hoarding 'em.

Take as many as you can!!! 'Drake' happens to be my favorite FYE trade-in fodder...how can anyone resist flipping $3 for $15?!?!? Heck, I just bought all 3 seasons of "24" for about $30 out of pocket (even with FYE's bloated prices).!! Thanks TRU!!!

To those of you who picked up the Star Wars Starfighter/Jedi Starifghter bundle for PS2. How are you trading these in? I picked up one but the upcs are drilled out in both games. I plan on taking them in sealed and seeing if they'll scan the UPC on the top of the seal (after peeling off the white sticker).

[quote name='captaincold']WARNING:WATCH OUT FOR PIECE OF SHIT TRU CASHIERS!!!!!

This has been mentioned but i was a victim of this & now i need to make further confirmation.
When you take games to get priced scanned MAKE SURE you look at the register and if the word "promo" pops up then it's apart of the 90%off sale.

When this sale 1st started i went to a TRU with a stack of games that i saw by reading the posts in here and every single game the cashier told me was regular price.

So like many of my fellow CAG's i went back to the same store again this time knowing about the "Promo" icon that pops up and i take the same games to the register and low and behold ALL OF THE GAMES WERE 90% off!!!

That cocksucking ho delibrately told me they weren't on sale when they were.[/quote]

90% of the games ring up PROMO and it dont mean a thing

[quote name='slidecage'][quote name='captaincold']WARNING:WATCH OUT FOR PIECE OF SHIT TRU CASHIERS!!!!!

90% of the games ring up PROMO and it dont mean a thing[/quote]

Yeah it does. If it rings up "PROMO," it is 90% off.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='slidecage']90% of the games ring up PROMO and it dont mean a thing[/quote]

Yeah it does. If it rings up "PROMO," it is 90% off.[/quote]

Gonna have to refute this. Yes, all titles that are 90% off ring up as PROMO, but not all items that ring up as PROMO are 90% off. Like silde said, most of the titles will ring up as PROMO for some reason or another.

I was able to stop at a different TRU today (West side of Milwaukee/Brookfield).

A big pile of Crash Bashs for $1.50 . . . got one.

Pile of about 18 Jampacks (all one type). I'm thinking I probably can't trade in 2 of the same at once. But I grabbed 8 of them (no need to be greedy plus I may have problems with them).

Stopped at the a nearby EB and the clerk takes 2 no problem $10.50 . . . gave her the rest but she balked after taking 2 more. She asked about the TRU sale . . . said she was going to check.

I told here to grab the ones I didn't get. I said that I learn about this stuff on the web and she mentioned that she likes "cheapassgamer."

It was a swell day . . . $21 more in credit by spending $3.20. Maybe I'll pair the other 4 with some stuff I have.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='slidecage'][quote name='captaincold']WARNING:WATCH OUT FOR PIECE OF SHIT TRU CASHIERS!!!!!

90% of the games ring up PROMO and it dont mean a thing[/quote]

Yeah it does. If it rings up "PROMO," it is 90% off.[/quote]

i can take all the NES type gameboy games up and they ring up PROMO (since they are 2 for 30) I can take up 20 Older games that will ring up PROMO (cause they are 2 for 20) So just cause it rings up PROMO dont mean 90%

Ofcourse I miss this thread and didn't get to read it till yesterday. My TRU had all the green tag items outside in the buggies. I picked up the only two games they had left :
Tennis 2k2 (Dreamcast) 99cents
Universal Theme Parks (Game Cube) $2.98

Oh wells maybe another time..lol

[quote name='schultzed']I was able to stop at a different TRU today (West side of Milwaukee/Brookfield).

A big pile of Crash Bashs for $1.50 . . . got one.

Pile of about 18 Jampacks (all one type). I'm thinking I probably can't trade in 2 of the same at once. But I grabbed 8 of them (no need to be greedy plus I may have problems with them).

Stopped at the a nearby EB and the clerk takes 2 no problem $10.50 . . . gave her the rest but she balked after taking 2 more. She asked about the TRU sale . . . said she was going to check.

I told here to grab the ones I didn't get. I said that I learn about this stuff on the web and she mentioned that she likes "cheapassgamer."

It was a swell day . . . $21 more in credit by spending $3.20. Maybe I'll pair the other 4 with some stuff I have.[/quote]

amazing... how many other girls even know about CheapAssGamer... I wanna meet this girl... :oops:

I'm embarassed to say I picked up a copy of Mary-Kate and Ashley Sweet 16 - Licensed to Drive. It was $1.50. I stuck it at the bottom of my stack of games... I think the clerk gave me a funny look.

Anyone else get this game?

I work for TRU in PA and we have a crap load of Green Tagged games. I bought a $50 dvd player for $20 bucks and a $50 game for $4.77! Get to TRU ASAP cuz you don't know what your missing out on!

[quote name='sabin23']I'm embarassed to say I picked up a copy of Mary-Kate and Ashley Sweet 16 - Licensed to Drive. It was $1.50. I stuck it at the bottom of my stack of games... I think the clerk gave me a funny look.

Anyone else get this game?[/quote]

you can bet I did! :)

these give you $2 credit to top it off with the $5 promo when you trade in with a qualifying game. it is good for the buck, compared to Zapper, which was $3 at TRU, and only gave $1 credit.
yay, #500. I'm finally a Cheap Ass All-Star!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']ha, even at $2.98 no one is touching Drake of the 99 Dragons. It actually looks like they put more out on the shelves. I guess that means no one will care if I start hoarding 'em. :twisted:[/quote]

Drak of 99 dragons is on sale, maybe Ill grab a few to take to eb.

[quote name='Nitrogenburn']I work for TRU in PA and we have a crap load of Green Tagged games. I bought a $50 dvd player for $20 bucks and a $50 game for $4.77! Get to TRU ASAP cuz you don't know what your missing out on![/quote]
Which TRU store do you work at in PA, Nitrogenburn?

[quote name='vashknives114'][quote name='Nitrogenburn']I work for TRU in PA and we have a crap load of Green Tagged games. I bought a $50 dvd player for $20 bucks and a $50 game for $4.77! Get to TRU ASAP cuz you don't know what your missing out on![/quote]
Which TRU store do you work at in PA, Nitrogenburn?[/quote]

Love the avatar X8 was a great game.

[quote name='Nitrogenburn']I work for TRU in PA and we have a crap load of Green Tagged games. I bought a $50 dvd player for $20 bucks and a $50 game for $4.77! Get to TRU ASAP cuz you don't know what your missing out on![/quote]

yeah, which PA store?

I still need some Gamecube games that were part of this sale... I see some people are trading it away (Zapper) which makes me sad cause I'd give you the cash equivalent of the trade in value, at least :)

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']Could someone post the ten cheapest games in this 90% of sale. As in I could grab them all for like ten bucks.[/quote]

.. from what I know of from the top of my head:

Outlaw Golf Holiday Golf ($0.50) (rare to find at TRU now)
Jampacks.. ($0.50-0.80)

$0.99
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Ejay Clubworld
Mojo
Road Trip

SeaBlade ($1.10)
XIII ($1.25) (hard to find)
Turok = YMMV
Primal ($1.49)
Mary-Kate and Ashley: Sweet 16 ($1.49, but gets you $2 of EB credit instead of the usual $0.50 - $1.00 credit you'd expect)

i got ten of this game called MOJO for Xbox for 99 cents each, I called my EB and they said they would give me a dollar a piece, but since that deal is going on that means that I would get 60 dollars in credit!

[quote name='gamefreak117'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777']Could someone post the ten cheapest games in this 90% of sale. As in I could grab them all for like ten bucks.[/quote]

.. from what I know of from the top of my head:

Outlaw Golf Holiday Golf ($0.50) (rare to find at TRU now)
Jampacks.. ($0.50-0.80)

$0.99
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Ejay Clubworld
Mojo
Road Trip

SeaBlade ($1.10)
XIII ($1.25) (hard to find)
Turok = YMMV
Primal ($1.49)
Mary-Kate and Ashley: Sweet 16 ($1.49, but gets you $2 of EB credit instead of the usual $0.50 - $1.00 credit you'd expect)
..[/quote]

Very much apprecated
Id just like to say that at my TRU XIII came up as 5 bucks, Turok came up as 3 bucks. Very upsetting I must say.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']

Very much apprecated
Id just like to say that at my TRU XIII came up as 5 bucks, Turok came up as 3 bucks. Very upsetting I must say.[/quote]

lol, proof that this site spoils you. a year ago this would have been a deal of the month.

[quote name='oper00'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777']

Very much apprecated
Id just like to say that at my TRU XIII came up as 5 bucks, Turok came up as 3 bucks. Very upsetting I must say.[/quote]

lol, proof that this site spoils you. a year ago this would have been a deal of the month.[/quote]

They tried telling me Turok was $3 when it had a $1.07 tag on it. I told them i didn't want it and they dropped it down to a buck. hell they must've really wanted to sell this, bad. Now i put it upon my shelf with great pride and satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back