90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

Mine had 2-3 GCN battery packs... kinda heavy, so i think shipping would be more, but if anyone wants one, I could probably be talked into it. *pst--Wild Arms 3*

PM me

[quote name='MorPhiend']I hope someone doesn't go and try to screw returns up at Wal*Mart now...[/quote]

God forbid anyone messes with the coveted Walmart scam. :)

[quote name='darkje']I ran to my Toys R us today (PA) and they had restocked some things.

They put out stickered over mojos that were $1, so I picked those up and the non stickered ones (they had like 20 in total, I took 5). Manager wouldn't let me have the non stickered ones for the sale price, unlike the last time when I picked up a few jak & daxters that way.

I love how they are consistent.[/quote]

Well I think some of the problem is that some of the titles have the older UPC/SKU which rings up under the 90% off deal, while they also carry some of the same stuff under the newer UPC/SKU which isn't on sale. I've seen this on Mojo and on R-Racing Evolution.

[quote name='jam3582'][quote name='outlawz42']NYC TRU's

I went to the one at Union Square (closed)..then ran over to the one in Times Square (all on lunch break ;)) lol..

Ok I was able to get some DOA3's and A couple of Oddworld's..If anyone would like to buy, trade or want me to get one for them please let me know and PM me MAKE ME AN OFFER ahah. (I'd hope the favor would be returned) A couple other things I saw..Pokemon Stadium for N64..Eternal Darkness for N64 (1 copy left) Some ps1 A/V wires..If anyone could help me out with some deal in their area it would be much appreciated and you would recieve lots of karma. Anyone in the NYC area know of any other deal spots?[/quote]

ill prolly head out to the TRU in queens tomorrow to check it out ill post anything i find.[/quote]

Please do I'd appreciate it.

[quote name='Snake2715']Eternal Darkness for N64

wow I want that.[/quote]

Do you think if I picked it up for $1 that it would ever become rare/valuable?

*waits for WSBs reply...*

I will be heading back to TRU prolly end of this week..and I'm going to head out to Long Island (kmart, walmart, target) and whatever else I can see..lol...

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='MorPhiend']I hope someone doesn't go and try to screw returns up at Wal*Mart now...[/quote]

God forbid anyone messes with the coveted Walmart scam. :)[/quote]

Please don't mess up WalMart! That is the last safe haven for legitimate returns without a receipt.

[quote name='gumbyboots']Maximo vs Army of Zin PS2 was $9.48 at my store.[/quote]

At my TRU it was 19.99 for some weird reason. I think they might have gotten it confused with the second since mine still has the original Maximo non-GH cover.

[quote name='Fire']Wow, I still can't believe that this is still going on. Most of my TRUs have been wiped clean.[/quote]

Funny, those are my exact thoughts. Most of my TRus are picked clean but they might have some Way of the Samurai. Not sure but I'll go check it out.

[quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='MorPhiend']I hope someone doesn't go and try to screw returns up at Wal*Mart now...[/quote]

Please don't mess up WalMart! That is the last safe haven for legitimate returns without a receipt.[/quote]

Explain more please =)

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='Fire']Wow, I still can't believe that this is still going on. Most of my TRUs have been wiped clean.[/quote]

Funny, those are my exact thoughts. Most of my TRus are picked clean but they might have some Way of the Samurai. Not sure but I'll go check it out.[/quote]

Dooooo iiiiiit! :twisted: It's well worth the $3. The sad thing is that I'd have never tried it at any higher price...but now that I know how cool it is, I'm sad that the game hasn't had more exposure. :?

CAG frowns upon the practice of buying new games from one store, and returning them to another.

In this community, it is considered,"bad form" and we do not allow discussion of it here.

Thank you.

The preceding message was brought to you by CheapyD and the Cheap Ass Moderators

[quote name='MightySlacker']Its worth enough to sell and afford to ship the stuff to that guy who posted that you haven't sent your side of the trade yet

Dave[/quote]

MightySlacker, you Rock!!

Made one last trip to 2 TRU's and scored:

xbox
mgs2 sub $1.50
deathrow $2.00
dark angel $2.00
sneakers $2.00
minority report $2.00
shenmue 2 $2.00

ps2
legaia 2 $3.00
haven $1.00
kof 00/01 $3.00
primal $1.50
wipeout fusion $2.50
mojo $1.00
ejay $1.00
onimusha $2.00

gc
ridge racer $1.50
turok $1.00

soul calibur collectors guide 2.50

[quote name='Trakan']CAG frowns upon the practice of buying new games from one store, and returning them to another.

In this community, it is considered,"bad form" and we do not allow discussion of it here.

Thank you.

The preceding message was brought to you by CheapyD and the Cheap Ass Moderators[/quote]

Why would you frown upon it? They are simply taking advantage of what is afforded to them, its the stores rules not ones they made them use.

[quote name='outlawz42'][quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='MorPhiend']I hope someone doesn't go and try to screw returns up at Wal*Mart now...[/quote]

Please don't mess up WalMart! That is the last safe haven for legitimate returns without a receipt.[/quote]

Explain more please =)[/quote]

WalMart is one of the last places that you can return things without a receipt period. There return policy is great compared to other places. Say I lose a receipt on a item purchased, they take it back without the receipt. Target, BB, TRU, etc. have all tightened up there return policies. Where you have to sign away your first born and your right leg to make a return without a receipt.

Things happen and people really lose receipts. Unfortunately too many people have returned multiple copies of games, or merchandise, which makes stores rethink there return policy. I for one, don't want another store to change its no receipt policy. WalMart gives you 3 returns a year without a receipt which is more than reasonable. The only time other stores are liberal with returns is right after Xmas, which sucks.

[quote name='outlawz42'][quote name='Trakan']CAG frowns upon the practice of buying new games from one store, and returning them to another.

Thank you.

The preceding message was brought to you by CheapyD and the Cheap Ass Moderators[/quote]

Why would you frown upon it? They are simply taking advantage of what is afforded to them, its the stores rules not ones they made them use.[/quote]
They are simply committing fraud and breaking the law. :x

Fraud? I purchase a game at a store..get a reciept for it..take it to another store...use it's policy and trade in the game..is breaking the law? Not that I do this, but why would you even say such a thing?

[quote name='yeldarb367'][quote name='outlawz42'][quote name='Trakan']CAG frowns upon the practice of buying new games from one store, and returning them to another.

Thank you.

Why would you frown upon it? They are simply taking advantage of what is afforded to them, its the stores rules not ones they made them use.[/quote]
They are simply committing fraud and breaking the law. :x[/quote]

Exactly. I am going to delete any posts explaining/discussing it.

[quote name='outlawz42']Fraud? I purchase a game at a store..get a reciept for it..take it to another store...use it's policy and trade in the game..is breaking the law? Not that I do this, but why would you even say such a thing?[/quote]

You're not trading it in to Wal-Mart, your returning without a receipt, which is fraud, which is illegal. It isn't allowed to be discussed on the site.

[quote name='outlawz42']Fraud? I purchase a game at a store..get a reciept for it..take it to another store...use it's policy and trade in the game..is breaking the law? Not that I do this, but why would you even say such a thing?[/quote]

Its not trading in, moron, its fraud.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='outlawz42']Fraud? I purchase a game at a store..get a reciept for it..take it to another store...use it's policy and trade in the game..is breaking the law? Not that I do this, but why would you even say such a thing?[/quote]

Its not trading in, moron, its fraud.[/quote]

Moron, nice one did you learn that at sunday school? Anyway I understand what the MOD is saying about taking it to another store and making money. I am talking about buying it and trading it for store credit to another store...go to 5 different EB stores and see the same game at 5 different prices..if I were to go to one and then take it to another is that fraud? or a "price adjustment"? I'd like to see your grades in high school if this is your definition of fraud.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='outlawz42']Fraud? I purchase a game at a store..get a reciept for it..take it to another store...use it's policy and trade in the game..is breaking the law? Not that I do this, but why would you even say such a thing?[/quote]

You're not trading it in to Wal-Mart, your returning without a receipt, which is fraud, which is illegal. It isn't allowed to be discussed on the site.[/quote]

This is certainly not what I was talking about in my post, and this is obviously on the grey end of the legality scale..but I doubt it's illegal.

[quote name='kingofny187']how do you do the walmart return thing[/quote]

Did you not read the last page of posts about how this is illegal and is not discussed on the site?

[quote name='dwsscs']Fraud here would be = saying you purchased an item there when you did not.[/quote]

That's essentially what you're doing when you return the game at another store. Wal-Mart doesn't offer returns for games that you bought at another store; it's assumed that you got the game from them. It's fraud.

[quote name='outlawz42'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='outlawz42']Fraud? I purchase a game at a store..get a reciept for it..take it to another store...use it's policy and trade in the game..is breaking the law? Not that I do this, but why would you even say such a thing?[/quote]

Its not trading in, moron, its fraud.[/quote]

Moron, nice one did you learn that at sunday school? Anyway I understand what the MOD is saying about taking it to another store and making money. I am talking about buying it and trading it for store credit to another store...go to 5 different EB stores and see the same game at 5 different prices..if I were to go to one and then take it to another is that fraud? I'd like to see your grades in high school if this is your definition of fraud.[/quote]

Kiss my ass, you know what I'm talking about.

[quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='Snake2715']Eternal Darkness for N64

wow I want that.[/quote]

*waits for WSBs reply...*[/quote]

Yes, because only a million were made so if you don't open them for ten years you will be rich.

Sorry I'm late...

I went to TRU and tried to get Rogue Squadron and Deus Ex IW, but apparently niether were green tag games, though I could have sworn they were.

Alright, it's done and over with, everyone knows not to discuss it. Let's not get the thread locked over flaming, etc. More on the TRU clearance! :)

[quote name='coolcps']I went to TRU and tried to get Rogue Squadron and Deus Ex IW, but apparently niether were green tag games, though I could have sworn they were.[/quote]

Star Wars Rogue Squadron III was a green tagged game at one point but isn't anymore.

Neither of the two TRU's by where I live had much of anything recent left that was green-tagged (there were bunch of old N64 Wrestlemania's and a couple trattered game guides). I did pick up a copy of Virtua Tennis for the Dreamcast for $0.50.

There were two guys loading up the back of a pickup truck with huge bags of stuff at one of them when I got there. I was about to swear at them and tell them what jerks they were when I noticed a sign that said something about Toy Donations... Glad that I waited a little bit on that one. =)

[quote name='CaptPete']There were two guys loading up the back of a pickup truck with huge bags of stuff at one of them when I got there. I was about to swear at them and tell them what jerks they were when I noticed a sign that said something about Toy Donations... Glad that I waited a little bit on that one. =)[/quote]

Haha close one there

talking about Fraud here = the worst thing you could ever do... thats why your not supposed to disscuss it because then others do it.

On a side note, MY TRU has NOTHING but NFL 2k3 leeft (glad I got my games sunday!)

[quote name='Vnt'][quote name='CaptPete']There were two guys loading up the back of a pickup truck with huge bags of stuff at one of them when I got there. I was about to swear at them and tell them what jerks they were when I noticed a sign that said something about Toy Donations... Glad that I waited a little bit on that one. =)[/quote]

Haha close one there[/quote]

if you did do that, would you buy toys for the donation as a token of apology?

Well, I just got back from my TRU. There wasn't much there as far as games and guides but I did get a pretty nice PSOne carrying case for $1.00.

Oops..my last post got cut off. Anyway, the dude at the Times Square TRU was awesome. He kept going into the back and pulling loose games out for me. I got:

The Thing (PS2) - $3
Indiana Jones (PS2) - $3
Secret Weapons Over Normandy (PS2) - $2

And he told me he has tons of other stuff as well that's not on the shelf. No Fatal Frame 1 unfortunately :( I was still shocked they had this stuff. It always pays to ask. And this just goes to show some TRU employees are really cool about this. And yes, these are for trade, if anybody has that Fatal Frame 1 or Bujingai or Metal Slug Advance for that matter...

Stopped by my local Tru and they didn't have anything green tagged...must have been wiped out...I did see arc the lad collection behind the case with a 70 dollar price tag so I got em to scan it and it was 90% off so I did manage to get that for like 7 bucks or so

[quote name='the1brock']Stopped by my local Tru and they didn't have anything green tagged...must have been wiped out...I did see arc the lad collection behind the case with a 70 dollar price tag so I got em to scan it and it was 90% off so I did manage to get that for like 7 bucks or so[/quote]

:shock: WOW!!! Great catch man. Wish my TRU would have had one of those. I didn't think any TRU still had any of those left.

[quote name='rarebucky']Oops..my last post got cut off. Anyway, the dude at the Times Square TRU was awesome. He kept going into the back and pulling loose games out for me. I got:

The Thing (PS2) - $3
Indiana Jones (PS2) - $3

And he told me he has tons of other stuff as well that's not on the shelf. No Fatal Frame 1 unfortunately :( I was still shocked they had this stuff. It always pays to ask. And this just goes to show some TRU employees are really cool about this. And yes, these are for trade, if anybody has that Fatal Frame 1 or Bujingai or Metal Slug Advance for that matter...[/quote]

Man when I went today..nobody seemed like they wanted to work..nblah.

[quote name='rarebucky']Oops..my last post got cut off. Anyway, the dude at the Times Square TRU was awesome. He kept going into the back and pulling loose games out for me. I got:

The Thing (PS2) - $3
Indiana Jones (PS2) - $3

And he told me he has tons of other stuff as well that's not on the shelf. No Fatal Frame 1 unfortunately :( I was still shocked they had this stuff. It always pays to ask. And this just goes to show some TRU employees are really cool about this. And yes, these are for trade, if anybody has that Fatal Frame 1 or Bujingai or Metal Slug Advance for that matter...[/quote]

wow lucky u. i went today and got nothing.

Walked over there today after Target (was low on gas and walking is good for ya), they were cleaned out except for accessories and strategy guides. Not that they had much to begin with. I firmly believe I had the best score from this TRU, clocking in at a $5 LCD screen, three talknet mics, Fatal Frame for $3.99, two King of Fighters 00/01, and a few other misc. items. Even Drake was gone.

Thanks, TRU!

[quote name='Scorch']Walked over there today after Target (was low on gas and walking is good for ya), they were cleaned out except for accessories and strategy guides. Not that they had much to begin with. I firmly believe I had the best score from this TRU, clocking in at a $5 LCD screen, three talknet mics, Fatal Frame for $3.99, two King of Fighters 00/01, and a few other misc. items. Even Drake was gone.

Thanks, TRU![/quote]

You wouldn't be willing to trade an extra copy of that fatal frame for a DOA3 would you?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='Snake2715']Eternal Darkness for N64

wow I want that.[/quote]

*waits for WSBs reply...*[/quote]

Yes, because only a million were made so if you don't open them for ten years you will be rich.

Sorry I'm late...[/quote]

:rofl:
I forgot I had even posted that! Thanks, I needed a laugh. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back