90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

The best ROI I got on a TRU item was PS2 Gladius selling for $2 and trading in for $3 plus bonus.

It really wasn't necessary to get separate Edge cards at each store. Plenty of people keep a varying balance, especially if they've paid the five bucks for the membership program that gives you 10% off used games. (Which, BTW, will be very useful this weekend for the B2G1 promotion on used games.)

I have two Edge cards at the moment. One with the membership sticker and the other with my store credit from a half dozen different EB locations. The only reason I have two is the I forgot the membership card was also capable of storing credit and after that I just did everything on the second card.

[quote name='sabin23']Also, I had a question for you guys. I have 4 different Edge Cards from trading in games (spread out at 4 different EB locations). Is it possible to consolidate the store credit from these 4 cards into 1 card? I wanted the option of purchasing online too. I'm getting mixed messages from EB. The people at the stores said I can use the Edge cards online but when I emailed EB, they said I can't purchase online.

Any recommendations with what to do with my 4 Edge cards? Thanks.[/quote]

you can make purchases online if the card has a pin number on the back.

[quote name='Scorch']Almost time to lock this one up?[/quote]

Scorch, do you just go around different threads asking them to be locked? Is that your thing? This thread has a lot of usefulness left. There's no reason for it to be locked.

Thanks everyone who contributes to this thread.

hit 3 toys r us stores yesterday during my commute,

the poughkeepsie ny store was pretty much wiped clean,

the jefferson valley ny store still had 2 ps2 black and bruised and some xbox demo discs

the white plains ny store still had some ps2 sports games and a bunch of jampacks and demo discs, as well as some ps2 music mixing game for $1 after discount, and gc nba live 2004 which i picked up for myself, $3 after discount. i almost passed over it thinking it was the same as the other ps2 sports games. both the nba live and that ps2 music game were not there the 2 previous times i've been to the one in white plains, so dunno if they got more stock or if they green tagged more games since last time.

something new to worry about besides people hogging games . I was in TRU yesterday and someone had 40 phones in their cart. Seems the lady cleared them all out (48 cents each) wonder what someone needs with 40 phones with cords (now wireless phones would of rocked)

[quote name='slidecage']something new to worry about besides people hogging games . I was in TRU yesterday and someone had 40 phones in their cart. Seems the lady cleared them all out (48 cents each) wonder what someone needs with 40 phones with cords (now wireless phones would of rocked)[/quote]

Wholesale buisness warehouses. They'll sell'em, for about $3-5 along with all the freebies they get from officemax/depot and the like

which by the way just blocked Mojo and Hypersonic Xtreme Racing from their trade in deal (i went to two stores tonight and couldn't get a trade going).

I would guess that this may be a YMMV. I was able to trade in PS2 and Xbox versions of Mojo last night. I know there is an online list of excluded games but in two of the EBs I went to this week took games that were on that list.

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='slidecage']something new to worry about besides people hogging games . I was in TRU yesterday and someone had 40 phones in their cart. Seems the lady cleared them all out (48 cents each) wonder what someone needs with 40 phones with cords (now wireless phones would of rocked)[/quote]

Wholesale buisness warehouses. They'll sell'em, for about $3-5 along with all the freebies they get from officemax/depot and the like[/quote]

i doubt they could get buck out of them they are butt ugly and shaped werid (shaped like a triangle and a block combine) I got 1 last week for the same price (all i have now is cordless phones and they go dead when we lose our power)

[quote name='slidecage']I was in TRU yesterday and someone had 40 phones in their cart. Seems the lady cleared them all out (48 cents each)[/quote]

I guess it's comforting to know that hoarding isn't just reserved for games. Some people must think they can turn a profit reselling just about anything if the price is right.

Hoarding isn't right but people get greedy sometimes thinking they can turn a profit. I tried to limit what I get unless TRU was stacked with excess inventory. For example, one store had 60+ Mario Kart: Double Dash strategy guides (not with green tag BTW) that scanned in at 1-penny, I picked up 8 to look at all the purdy pictures.

I picked up 2 copies each of all the 90% games on the 1st day of the sale, as to leave the remaining copies for my fellow CAG or the casual gamer on a limited budget. But another store I go to, almost nothing is green tagged and a week later, most of the games were still there untouched. So I went back and bought a couple more copies yesterday.

I usually keep one for myself, give away one or two to my friends and then sell any extra ones to EB... but I try to be smart about it and only sell one copy per a location at a time (and I do it on different days). I don't understand how those people trying to trade in a mountain full of Primal (like in 20 copy quantities) at one time expect to get away with it.

[quote name='minqqq'][quote name='sabin23']Also, I had a question for you guys. I have 4 different Edge Cards from trading in games (spread out at 4 different EB locations). Is it possible to consolidate the store credit from these 4 cards into 1 card? I wanted the option of purchasing online too. I'm getting mixed messages from EB. The people at the stores said I can use the Edge cards online but when I emailed EB, they said I can't purchase online.

you can make purchases online if the card has a pin number on the back.[/quote]

Thanks for the info.

By using the $3 off coupon yesterday, I got Frequency and Mace Griffin both for PS2 for .53 total. :evil:

The manager was steaming. She had told me the week before that the coupon wouldn't work if I tried it there.

I guess it worked.

The thing I don't understand is -- lets say the games were indeed 10 USED games (games you are tired of)... wouldn't it be in their advantage to actually take in the new ones as trade ins than used? besides -- why should they care if you paid next to nothing for the game -- it wouldn't matter if u paid full price in the first place...

If your thinking it "flags" managers etc. ... Do you really think they're not aware of the Toys R Us Clearances? :roll:

I'd think they'd get suspicious when multiple people trade in similar games (even if it is just 1 or 2)

(unless of course you live in the boonies :wink: )

Just my 2 cents. Not saying you should go out and trade 10 games at once... just my thoughts. :)

[quote name='sabin23'][quote name='minqqq'][quote name='sabin23']Also, I had a question for you guys. I have 4 different Edge Cards from trading in games (spread out at 4 different EB locations). Is it possible to consolidate the store credit from these 4 cards into 1 card? I wanted the option of purchasing online too. I'm getting mixed messages from EB. The people at the stores said I can use the Edge cards online but when I emailed EB, they said I can't purchase online.

Thanks for the info.[/quote]

has anyone been able to do this ... I asked at 4 stores and noone knows how to give you credit for online

[quote name='slidecage'][quote name='sabin23'][quote name='minqqq'][quote name='sabin23']Also, I had a question for you guys. I have 4 different Edge Cards from trading in games (spread out at 4 different EB locations). Is it possible to consolidate the store credit from these 4 cards into 1 card? I wanted the option of purchasing online too. I'm getting mixed messages from EB. The people at the stores said I can use the Edge cards online but when I emailed EB, they said I can't purchase online.

Thanks for the info.[/quote]

has anyone been able to do this ... I asked at 4 stores and noone knows how to give you credit for online[/quote]

I have. I told them I wanted to buy a giftcard with my credit, so I could use it online. They gave me an Edge card. It worked too, I bought something with it yesterday.

Went to TRU to buy more primals but they were sold out, got a copy of XIII for 5 bucks (ps2). Then traded in some memory cards to ebgames for 12 credit (didnt need them). Sales dead for me.

Any of you guys play Pro Bass Challenge? Maybe it's just me, but I actually kind of liked it even though I didn't catch a single fish. Been debating whether or not I should trade it in. What do you guys think, is there anything more to this game or will it just get repetitive once you start catching fish? Are there different types of fish?

[quote name='outlawz42'][quote name='jam3582'][quote name='outlawz42']NYC TRU's

I went to the one at Union Square (closed)..then ran over to the one in Times Square (all on lunch break ;)) lol..

Ok I was able to get some DOA3's and A couple of Oddworld's..If anyone would like to buy, trade or want me to get one for them please let me know and PM me MAKE ME AN OFFER ahah. (I'd hope the favor would be returned) A couple other things I saw..Pokemon Stadium for N64..Eternal Darkness for N64 (1 copy left) Some ps1 A/V wires..If anyone could help me out with some deal in their area it would be much appreciated and you would recieve lots of karma. Anyone in the NYC area know of any other deal spots?[/quote]

ill prolly head out to the TRU in queens tomorrow to check it out ill post anything i find.[/quote]

Please do I'd appreciate it.[/quote]
well I just came back from the the toys r us in long island city,queens new york and they had a bunch of stuff there al couple of drakes , alot bloodrayne, aggressive inline and turoks imma list the games igot

legend of wresting 2
blood rayne
drake
aggressive inlin e
quantum redshift
blinx
mad maestro
turok
pefect dark
robotech

so as u can see they had a lot including stretch panic so have fun ill be going back either tomorow or saturday

Went to a store in north Austin today and found nothing worth getting, though they had Mojo Xbox priced at 9.99 and Bloodrayne Xbox at $8 (I even asked a sales rep to scan it, but no better price. I thought about getting it, but passed). PS2 version cost more (about $13). All that was left was gBA e-reader cards, which I also passed on. At one store, I saw a bunch of 4-player adapters for the PS1, but passed on them, since some game stores don't take accessories.

I give up.

Is there a lot of demand for Siren? My TRU has a fair number (4-5) for about $8 and change. I might be heading over tomorrow morning so I might be able to pick up a few for anyone interested in a trade. There were also tons of Xenosaga I's for a bit over $6.

[quote name='dopa345']Is there a lot of demand for Siren? My TRU has a fair number (4-5) for about $8 and change. I might be heading over tomorrow morning so I might be able to pick up a few for anyone interested in a trade. There were also tons of Xenosaga I's for a bit over $6.[/quote]

My TRU also has these, but Xenosaga is only $4.48 here.

Got a intec PS2 surround sound system earlier. The funny thing is, I took one unit to the cashier and it rang up as regular price 79.99. So I told them the unit next to this one has a green tag (and a flyer saying 90% off). Since they are identical unit shouldn' t this one be on green tag too? But the cashier insists this one is not part of the green tag sale.So I went back, rip their flyer off, took this other one to the cashier and it rang up as 7.99. He smiled and said "yeah this one is on green tag sale"

Both units are identical, brand new sealed, not open box. Maybe they are only putting few on sale just to free up some space.

Got a intec PS2 surround sound system earlier. The funny thing is, I took one unit to the cashier and it rang up as regular price 79.99. So I told them the unit next to this one has a green tag (and a flyer saying 90% off). Since they are identical unit shouldn' t this one be on green tag too? But the cashier insists this one is not part of the green tag sale.So I went back, rip their flyer off, took this other one to the cashier and it rang up as 7.99. He smiled and said "yeah this one is on green tag sale"

Both units are identical, brand new sealed, not open box. Maybe they are only putting few on sale just to free up some space.

There are 2 different boxes for these. The old box design is 90% off, the new one is regular price. Check the UPCs, there are 2 different UPCs, but the box design isn't actually that different, but they did change it. This is similar to TRU green tagging the Spice controllers that come in the old style package and the GC RF Adapters in the old style package, but not the new packaged RF adapters and Spice Controllers.

well I am gonna try my luck one more time today. When I get back from TRU, FYE, EB, KBToys, and K-Mart I will post whats still left in Dothan Alabama. PROBABLY NOTHING!

[quote name='tubtub']

There are 2 different boxes for these. The old box design is 90% off, the new one is regular price. Check the UPCs, there are 2 different UPCs, but the box design isn't actually that different, but they did change it. This is similar to TRU green tagging the Spice controllers that come in the old style package and the GC RF Adapters in the old style package, but not the new packaged RF adapters and Spice Controllers.[/quote]

Ahhh... no wonder. I guess a quick look at the box isn't enough to tell they are different. The size of the box and pictures look identical.

Oh well, what's the difference anyways? Just the box design?

I will be heading to the Long Island TRU's this weekend..hopefully they have something..if anyone has xenosaga for a good price (I've seen as low as 3 dollars in forums) I'd love a copy...PM me and we can work something out..I will also probably make a stop at times square TRU they probably won't have anything but oh well..

[quote name='jam3582'][quote name='outlawz42'][quote name='jam3582'][quote name='outlawz42']NYC TRU's

I went to the one at Union Square (closed)..then ran over to the one in Times Square (all on lunch break ;)) lol..

Ok I was able to get some DOA3's and A couple of Oddworld's..If anyone would like to buy, trade or want me to get one for them please let me know and PM me MAKE ME AN OFFER ahah. (I'd hope the favor would be returned) A couple other things I saw..Pokemon Stadium for N64..Eternal Darkness for N64 (1 copy left) Some ps1 A/V wires..If anyone could help me out with some deal in their area it would be much appreciated and you would recieve lots of karma. Anyone in the NYC area know of any other deal spots?[/quote]

ill prolly head out to the TRU in queens tomorrow to check it out ill post anything i find.[/quote]

well I just came back from the the toys r us in long island city,queens new york and they had a bunch of stuff there al couple of drakes , alot bloodrayne, aggressive inline and turoks imma list the games igot

legend of wresting 2
blood rayne
drake
aggressive inlin e
quantum redshift
blinx
mad maestro
turok
pefect dark
robotech

so as u can see they had a lot including stretch panic so have fun ill be going back either tomorow or saturday[/quote]

any of these any good to play/trade?

I got some E-reader cards yesterday. They were pretty beat up on the outside but they were still sealed and looked alright.....plus for 50 cents how can you go wrong. Also the guy said that today they would be getting some new clearance stuff in from the stores around town that haven't been selling their clearance merchandise well. So it might be interesting. The guy did note that it wasn't a ton of stuff or even great stuff like at the beginning but there might be something. So I guess I'm going back to my TRU for like the fifth time now.

I also got e-Reader cards for 0.50 yesterday at another TRU, they didn't have very many other games but I got Tennis, Golf, and Clu Clu Land for my e-Reader.

None of my stores had any games, but I did get a bunch of the e-reader cards and an Xbox 5.4" Intec screen.... WHICH IS CRAP!!! Not worth the 15 bucks IMO. I also got the ps2 2D sound system for 3. Got it for the system selector, not the sound.

Haven't seen this one:
(and only found one)
The Great Escape (PS2) - $2.49 (green tag)
Also picked up Fire Emblem (GBA) for $7.48 (non 90%)
and a Fire Emblem Strat Guide for $1.28

i am back from TRU in Dothan. They basically had nothing. I got a couple copies of Mad Maestro, Ejay Clubworld, and Wipeout Fusion. I also got some metal cases for a GBA in case someone was wanting one. Also grabbed a Talknet ps2 headset if anyone wants it. They also had three penny guides, so I took em: SPlinter Cell, Tekken 4, and WWE Day of Reckoning. Anyone want any of these things let me know!!!

Also took some of my games to FYE and I will tell you some trade in values:
Drake $15'
Metriod Prime 2 25.89
Parappa 2 7.50
Mad Maestro 7.50
Ejay $4.00
Wipeout Fusion 6.50

Boy, I went away for a couple of days and there were 6 more pages of posts to this thread!

Anyway, I went to TRU and picked up a Winter 2003 Jam pak and Metal Gear Solid Substance for XB and stopped by EB to see what I could get during the B2G1free sale and the guy told me that they were no longer accepting Jam Packs or XB Demos or basically any demos. Apparently a glitch in the system allowed them but that has been corrected.

Didn't see that anyone had posted this yet so here's my 2 cents. Looks like this is just about done - not much left in my TRUs.

Is it possible to return the 90% green tag games to TRU?

I've been reading people complaining that they were "stuck" with copies of Jampacks and how they had to sell to EB at a loss. I don't recall reading any fine print about all sales being final with green tag games.

Luckily I didn't overdo it with any particular title but either way, I don't think it's a big deal. Those Jampacks were only 70-cents a pop,

[quote name='sabin23']Is it possible to return the 90% green tag games to TRU?

I've been reading people complaining that they were "stuck" with copies of Jampacks and how they had to sell to EB at a loss. I don't recall reading any fine print about all sales being final with green tag games.

Luckily I didn't overdo it with any particular title but either way, I don't think it's a big deal. Those Jampacks were only 70-cents a pop,[/quote]

I returned a bunch of PoP: SoT Demos the other day so I assume as long as you didn't open them you can return them no problem.

Damnit...mine still had nothing. But I did find a copy of a pc game, O.R.B, for $45. After green tag, $4.50. My frickin computer won't play it though, so I'm a little pissed.

[quote name='outlawz42'][quote name='jam3582'][quote name='outlawz42'][quote name='jam3582'][quote name='outlawz42']NYC TRU's

legend of wresting 2
blood rayne
drake
aggressive inlin e
quantum redshift
blinx
mad maestro
turok
pefect dark
robotech

so as u can see they had a lot including stretch panic so have fun ill be going back either tomorow or saturday[/quote]

any of these any good to play/trade?[/quote]
well from what i got u can trade bloodrayne and triggerman at EB and get 10 extra those two game qualify , imma go to fye wheni get a chance see if I can trade some in oh i did get unreal championship so thats a good game .

[quote name='jetlag16']Damnit...mine still had nothing. But I did find a copy of a pc game, O.R.B, for $45. After green tag, $4.50. My frickin computer won't play it though, so I'm a little pissed.[/quote]

hey i got an orb tonight too. Anyone know the eb trade in value for it? And Atari 80 in 1 for PC and Red Faction II for pc? Also anyone find a usage/trade in for the e reader cards?

More store scores:

Cerritos, CA:
Wild Arms 3 x2 (they were behind the counter in the case)
GC RFU Adapter

Tustin, CA:
Ninja Gaiden Guides
PS2 Aggressive Inline x3
Winter Jam Pack 2003 x3
PS2 Kya Dark Lineage x5 (they had like 8 left)
PS2 Ejay Clubworld x3 (2 were svg package)
PS2 Legends of Wrestling 2
XB Legends of Wrestling 2 (2 left)
GC Legends of Wrestling 2
XB Mojo (svg package)
PS2 Portal Runner (svg package)
Space Invaders (lots left)
Universal Theme Park (lots left)

Signal Hill, CA:
PS2 Mad Maestro (TONS left)
PS2 ESPN Hockey 2k4
GC Universal Theme Park (a few left)

Hawthorne, CA:
GC Zapper (behind the counter in the case, TONS left)
GC R-Racing Evolution (might have been the last one)
Space Invaders (TONS left)

My local TRU don't have anything left, damn.... I asked the manger if I could get the list of green tag sale, but no luck. I got Prefect Dark for 1 and couple 1 cent guide.. :(

Heh, actually managed to score a few Primal's today. They must have more, because last time I got two, the last two, apparently they restocked. Makes me wonder what else they have back there.....

Do you guy have the list of the game that are on sale ? The TRU mannager told me that they don't have time to tag the greentag item. So the game that on sale probally mix with the normal price game... THanks in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back