$99 Halo 3 Legendary Pre-order thread status

ryanlk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Well, thought I'd go ahead and start a thread on the $99 Halo 3 Legendary Edition pre-orders we all did back in March before the price hike...

Just an update, got an email from Bestbuy and they say they shipped my copy out and the order status page reflects the $99 + $2 shipping, so hopefully they'll honor their price... couldn't find the other thread on this so we should hold the discussions in this one... anyone else got a confirm from any other stores?

[quote name='ryanlk']Well, thought I'd go ahead and start a thread on the $99 Halo 3 Legendary Edition pre-orders we all did back in March before the price hike...

Just an update, got an email from Bestbuy and they say they shipped my copy out and the order status page reflects the $99 + $2 shipping, so hopefully they'll honor their price... couldn't find the other thread on this so we should hold the discussions in this one... anyone else got a confirm from any other stores?[/QUOTE]

ditto, im keeping my fingers crosses that i get it tomorrow :D. highly doubtful, but still, gotta have hope.

edit: please god let it come saturday so i have something incredible to do after work.

I never got an email from Best Buy but I checked my status on their website and it looks like mine was shipped yesterday. I'm glad you made this thread because I never would have thought that they would ship it already. Hopefully it means that we will be getting this by Tuesday.

Wow wasnt sure that BB would honor this one but mine was shipped as well. So it ships Thursday... I think there is a good shot I will get this before Tuesday.

Now I just wonder what will happen with the 3 live cards I got for 5 bucks a piece that came with another pre-order I did that I dont plan on picking up.

[quote name='tgk2044']ditto, im keeping my fingers crosses that i get it tomorrow :D. highly doubtful, but still, gotta have hope.

edit: please god let it come saturday so i have something incredible to do after work.[/QUOTE]

I also got an email saying they shipped mine and after actually reading the email it said that UPS doesn't ship on Saturdays. As long as it's here by Tuesday, then I'll be happy!

[quote name='Kendro']I'm glad you made this thread because I never would have thought that they would ship it already. Hopefully it means that we will be getting this by Tuesday.[/quote]

yah, after i saw the shipping confirmation email i immediately checked the order price to see if it went up and to see if anyone else on this forum got the email... now to just wait... :drool:

My circuit city order still says pending. Looks like I'll be picking it up on tuesday so I don't miss out.

Edit for anyone that ordered at CC: I just looked at the listing for Halo 3 on the CC website it says "Game will ship on 9/25"

[quote name='Cleaner7']I also got an email saying they shipped mine and after actually reading the email it said that UPS doesn't ship on Saturdays. As long as it's here by Tuesday, then I'll be happy![/QUOTE]

look a little closer, it says its through USPS, i see where you got the UPS from via the BB site, but the email i got says:

Tracking info: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

and the way i read it is, UPS gives it to USPS to distribute?

[quote name='kipz']My circuit city order still says pending. Looks like I'll be picking it up on tuesday so I don't miss out.

Edit for anyone that ordered at CC: I just looked at the listing for Halo 3 on the CC website it says "Game will ship on 9/25"[/quote]

Lame, in my order status it said it was supposed to ship 9/21. My Wal-Mart here isn't going to be open at midnight to do the buy and switch, and I don't feel like driving 40 mile round trip to get it (and if I wait until the next morning who knows if my Small-Mart will have the Legendary edition). This smells of CC trying to weasel out of a price mistake, they could have shipped these on time and it is a pretty high profile release to be behind BB. Maybe they'll decide to not ship the $99 ones at all (Microsoft didn't give us enough or some other excuse).

That and the fact they gave me a totally bogus answer on if I would get the 4' Master Chief Wall Decal (I might or I might not--what kind of crap is that?).

Mine shipped on 9/20 as well. Right now it's sitting in NJ, so I think getting it to NY by tomorrow is a good possibility.

Wow, 8.295 pounds.. heavier than I thought it would be.

[quote name='tgk2044']look a little closer, it says its through USPS, i see where you got the UPS from via the BB site, but the email i got says:

and the way i read it is, UPS gives it to USPS to distribute?[/quote]
Yes a number of companies use UPS Mail Innovations in which UPS and USPS work together to deliver a product. Basically UPS gets the product from the company and they ship it to USPS who handles it from there.

Mine shipped on 9/21 from IL and as of today, UPS still has it in NJ. I live in NY so if UPS gets it to USPS today, I might be getting it tomorrow or worst case scenario, on Wednesday. Not bad at all for $2 shipping.

[quote name='tgk2044']look a little closer, it says its through USPS, i see where you got the UPS from via the BB site, but the email i got says:

and the way i read it is, UPS gives it to USPS to distribute?[/QUOTE]

You're right, it does say USPS in the email. Sorry if I confused anyone. Then again, when I click the tracking number it takes me to the UPS website and that's when I think I posted previously is when I was on the website. Kind of confusing.

My order is currently located in Rancho Cucamonga, CA so hopefully I do get it tomorrow since AZ is right next door. :drool:

Oh and has anyone seen pics or videos of how big the package is? It's hugeeeeeeeeeeee. Now I'm really glad I decided to not pick it up and just get it shipped.

Ordered mine on 3/19. From CC, Have a shipment date of today, i ordered Overnight, so should be here tomorrow afternoon.

Weird thing is there still is no price information, I ordered when it was $99, but have no amount info on the order!

-Doh Nevermind, I got it for $99

Mine now says it shipped today, and I'm supposed to get it tomorrow too. We'll see, as its just FedEx Ground, but I usually get stuff very quick from CC if its coming from the normal warehouse.

[quote name='Kendro']Yes a number of companies use UPS Mail Innovations in which UPS and USPS work together to deliver a product. Basically UPS gets the product from the company and they ship it to USPS who handles it from there.

Mine shipped on 9/21 from IL and as of today, UPS still has it in NJ. I live in NY so if UPS gets it to USPS today, I might be getting it tomorrow or worst case scenario, on Wednesday. Not bad at all for $2 shipping.[/quote]

Update - Just got mine today!

It was a combination of both. UPS got it from Best Buy on the 20th and dropped it off at USPS on the 24th. It only took a day for USPS to get it to me. So yes, the final delivery person was a regular mailman.

man, i'm bummed out, my halo 3 hasn't arrived yet, i checked the BB tracking online and my package has been stuck in R. Cucamonga, CA for the past 3 days... has this happened to anyone else?

[quote name='sasukekun']ya, my LE copy is stuck there as well.[/quote]

you think the mailmen are having some kind of halo party at the sorting facility?

My $99 pre-order from CC came today, well packaged/protected, with the 4' Wall Graphic, and also 2 decent CC.com coupons good through end of November. Of course it excludes Black Friday. . .

Wish I hadn't paid extra for 2 day shipping (forgot I'd done that) as it just ended up being shipped FedEx ground anyway. But besides that, can't complain.

bread's done
Back