A Better Rumble Pack for Your Lite - Unnofficial

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
ewin-rumble-dsf.jpg

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=46636

DCEMU Review: http://reviews.dcemu.co.uk/review-ewin-ds-lite-rumble-pak-57122.html (thx iazybandit)

Comes in white and navy... nice and for $10 it's a steal since the thing dosn't click as loud as the official one. I'll prob order one eventually as I would rather have this in my DS than the slot cover.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']on 10 bucks, i think ill have to bite. id like to see your review iazy[/QUOTE]
Will do. Hopefully I'll have it up before I leave for my cruise.

[quote name='iazybandit']Will do. Hopefully I'll have it up before I leave for my cruise.[/QUOTE]

if you get it done post it and I'll put it in the OP... seriously though this is a very good answer to alot of complaints.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if you get it done post it and I'll put it in the OP... seriously though this is a very good answer to alot of complaints.[/QUOTE]
I'll have it posted on my site and will put a link to it.

[quote name='rapsodist']What would be really useful is a device that includes rumble and RAM expansion.[/quote]

Already exists, it's the EZ-Flash V 3-in-1 Expansion. The EZ-Flash V is a slot 1 flash card (uses micro-SD), and you can get a slot 2 device to accompany it which supports rumble and the ram expansion. It also has some built-in flash memory, but it's not as functional as a standalone slot 2 device.

Here's a link to a combo on both of them:

http://www.gameyeeeah.com/ezflash-in-expansion-pack-bundle-with-ezflash-p-218.html

Haven't used it myself, but read some very positive reviews. Believe you can get the expansion card by itself, too.

[quote name='iazybandit']They sent me white but I have a black DS Lite..so I might sell the white to get the black.[/quote]And I might buy it if the price is right and your review is good... not that you should make your review more positive just to make a quick buck though. I'd prefer an honest review.

[quote name='Z-Saber']And I might buy it if the price is right and your review is good... not that you should make your review more positive just to make a quick buck though. I'd prefer an honest review.[/QUOTE]
My review are all honest and unbiased. If I think there are flaws, i'll mention them. If its bad, I'll say it. I forgot to mention that I wanted black when I requested it so they sent me white. I would like to get at least the cost of the item so i can use that money to buy the black. If not, I'll either end up buying the black and giving the white away to those on my site for reviewing or just keep the white.

We'll see what happens.

[quote name='johnnypark']Already exists, it's the EZ-Flash V 3-in-1 Expansion. The EZ-Flash V is a slot 1 flash card (uses micro-SD), and you can get a slot 2 device to accompany it which supports rumble and the ram expansion. It also has some built-in flash memory, but it's not as functional as a standalone slot 2 device.

http://www.gameyeeeah.com/ezflash-in-expansion-pack-bundle-with-ezflash-p-218.html

Haven't used it myself, but read some very positive reviews. Believe you can get the expansion card by itself, too.[/quote]

Thanks but unfortunately I already own an R4 so I don't need the EZFV, and, as Kirra pointed out, the 3-in-1 only works with the EZFV. I believe I read somewhere that M3 would be releasing a similar device... It may have been pure speculation but if not then perhaps I'll have found the solution I need.

[quote name='iazybandit']I would like to get at least the cost of the item so i can use that money to buy the black.[/quote]Well, again, I'll wait for a review before I commit to it, but buying a slightly used one for cost is alright by me. At least I'm helping out a CAG and getting what I want for about the same price anyway.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Well, again, I'll wait for a review before I commit to it, but buying a slightly used one for cost is alright by me. At least I'm helping out a CAG and getting what I want for about the same price anyway.[/QUOTE]
I'll try to get to it today when I get home from work.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']added to OP. thx and nice and quick review :)[/QUOTE]
Thanks and no problem. Any questions regarding the rumble pak or any accessories feel free to ask.

So would you say it's better than the original rumble pack? I know it fits the Lite better, but does it, say, have a stronger rumble or a quieter motor?

[quote name='Z-Saber']So would you say it's better than the original rumble pack? I know it fits the Lite better, but does it, say, have a stronger rumble or a quieter motor?[/QUOTE]
I dont own the Original Rumble so I cant compare. Sorry

[quote name='johnnypark']Already exists, it's the EZ-Flash V 3-in-1 Expansion. The EZ-Flash V is a slot 1 flash card (uses micro-SD), and you can get a slot 2 device to accompany it which supports rumble and the ram expansion. It also has some built-in flash memory, but it's not as functional as a standalone slot 2 device.

Haven't used it myself, but read some very positive reviews. Believe you can get the expansion card by itself, too.[/QUOTE]He said RAM, not flash micro-SD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_access_memory

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']What DS games use the rumble pack?

I know Metroid Pinball does.[/quote]

42 All-Time Classics (aka Clubhouse Games)
Diddy Kong Racing DS
Elite Beat Agents
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning
Magnetica
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Metroid Prime Pinball
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Picross DS
Star Fox Command
Star Trek: Tactical Assault
Super Princess Peach

[quote name='PyroGamer']He said RAM, not flash micro-SD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_access_memory[/quote]

The Slot-2 portion of the 3-in-1 contains the rumble and can act as a RAM expansion (which is exactly what rapsodist said), though the review says only with the ROM of the DS Browser and not the retail version.

I dunno what uses a RAM expansion other than the Browser.

Haven't used it myself, but read some very positive reviews. Believe you can get the expansion card by itself, too.[/quote]Tempting, though I don't know exactly the benefits of a flash cart for the GBA and DS.

If you feel like informing me, the PM button is

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']still wondering how Hotel Dusk uses this exactly.[/quote]
If I remember correctly, it rumbles when someone says something that Kyle finds interesting.

Given that there's a bit of a market demand for a DS Lite Rumble Pak over here, I wonder if it'll eventually be picked up by a North American distributor. Maybe, at least, it'll find its way into local import shops.

[quote name='yukine']If I remember correctly, it rumbles when someone says something that Kyle finds interesting.[/quote]
They're really more like small clicks, at least from the DS Rumble Pak. (I've got the DS Lite version.)

The Rumble Pak also clicks lightly when you choose a question (akin to an EBA beat touch, but not as strong), and clicks regularly when your pager goes off. There are a few other events where it's used for a decent effect.

[quote name='SpazX']The Slot-2 portion of the 3-in-1 contains the rumble and can act as a RAM expansion (which is exactly what rapsodist said), though the review says only with the ROM of the DS Browser and not the retail version.

I dunno what uses a RAM expansion other than the Browser.[/quote]

I must have read the article on it wrong (I had looked up some reviews previously), I thought it had said the slot 2 portion would work with any retail games. I just double-checked, though, and you're correct, it only works w/ games running from the Slot 1 card, no retail :(

As far as the RAM expansion goes, the idea is it can eventually be used for DS homebrew since they'll be releasing the source code for it, which means it'll hopefully work w/ any slot 1 device.

I might have to get one of the rumble packs from the OP, though... I hate when the large one sticks out of the DS, and it makes for a very awkward fit on my DS case.

I got the Ewin DS Lite rumble pak about a month ago. It works fine, but I'm not sure I agree with the general sentiment that it's somehow quieter than the first party rumble pak for the original DS. It's pretty buzzy.

Unfortunately, I regifted my original rumble pak when I gave away my original DS, so I can't compare how it felt in the DS Lite vs. this smaller unit. But in both cases, the effect generated is more of a "buzz" than a "rumble" anyway.

Also, the review above states it only comes in black or white. But I seem to remember that the store I ordered it from, PDA Puffin, had it in all the colors the DS Lite comes in. I can't seem to find it on their site anymore.

[quote name='rapsodist']Are there any uses for Slot-2 besides GBA games, rumble and RAM? Are there known plans for anything more in the future?[/QUOTE]
I think there are some movie players that use Slot-2 but thats all for now.

bread's done
Back