A Bug's Life Blu-ray $19.99 TRU

Sgt Barone

CAGiversary!
This is nationwide. When you go in the store, there will NOT be a sale tag on it or anything, and they will be marked $30. But when the cashier rings it up, it will say NOW $19.99. There are hundreds of people on Blu-ray.com who have been doin this, as well as I. It works fine, no hassle. Get this great deal on one of the best Blu's of '09! Happy hunting!!

OFFER ENDS JUNE 21!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, thanks for the info! I knew there was a reason I was holding back on getting this last week. Gonna go today and buy this! Thanks again!

[quote name='Demolition Man']Ugh... too bad there is nothing in print about this sale so I can PM my BBY bought copy. Thanks OP for the info.[/QUOTE]
Same.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']movie cash FTW[/QUOTE]
I picked up a copy at Best Buy this week (free poster promo still going), and noticed that most no longer have the sticker on the front indicated a free ticket. Be mindful of that when shopping. Fortunately there were still two left in the back of the row that did have the ticket advertised.

FYI:

It seems like not all TRUs are carrying this. My closest store looked at me like I had a unicorn horn when I asked for it.

[quote name='Scorch']Thanks OP!!!! Even better that it has a coupon for UP! with it!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it sure is fun trying to make 'em!

[quote name='digitalbabe']Thanks OP! I love this flick and we don't even have kids:)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it sure is fun trying to make 'em!

[quote name='Dante Devil']Yeah, but it sure is fun trying to make 'em![/QUOTE]

I'll quote Tom Arnold from True Lies....."Kids...10 seconds of joy, 30 years of misery"......

[quote name='manthing']FYI:

It seems like not all TRUs are carrying this. My closest store looked at me like I had a unicorn horn when I asked for it.[/QUOTE]

Same here

My store has a few copies left. Why are you people not buying this and returning to BBY. So what if you have to drop $20 to get an addl $10 back.

sweet, I am a HUGE pixar fan but I held back because I refuse to pay 30 bucks for a movie.......TRU is about 30 min away, but ill make the trip monday. Thanks!

My store only have 1. :cry: They reserved 1 for me then pickup later until tomorrow. Gonna pricematch tomorrow morning. Where? Well, Best Buy of course! :D

[quote name='manthing']FYI:

It seems like not all TRUs are carrying this. My closest store looked at me like I had a unicorn horn when I asked for it.[/QUOTE]

Same here!

What's the deal. You would think that this would be a pretty big title to have on hand. Kinda glad I missed out and saved the $20 since I already have the DVD.

My TRU didn't have it so I got it from bestbuy for $27.99. Then I found out it didn't even have the UP coupon in it! So sad.

[quote name='D_Icon']Does anyone know if the BluRay movie includes a regular DVD version of the movie like Sleeping Beauty did?[/QUOTE]

No, only DC. Disney does the +DVD releases not Pixar.

[quote name='D_Icon']Does anyone know if the BluRay movie includes a regular DVD version of the movie like Sleeping Beauty did?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK, It doesn't. I think it does have a digital copy though if that matters to anyone

Edit: Thanks h3llbring3r

Whew I was lucky. The TRU that was less than 300 yards from the BB was out, not even in their system. Luckily it was late in the day so they PMd without trouble. Looks like only the copies that have the sticker on the front for the ticket have the movie cash.

Wish I knew this a couple of days ago, as I was a TRU that had some copies. I hope they still have it in the next day or two when I make it back out to TRU, and it's still on-sale at $19.99.

[quote name='JokerCard']None at my TRU :( Heard this sale ends late so hopefully they will restock.[/QUOTE]

The scanner showed the sale through the 26th of June I think it was. My TRU has signage under it saying its on sale for 19.99 and the same for Cars on blu.

Hmmm; my Toys R Us(es) are all by Best Buys, so I'm going to pick one up at TRU and return to Best Buy with my receipt.

Thanks OP

There are half a dozen Toys R Us stores (is the plural of "Toys R Us" "Toys R I"?) in my city, not one of which had a single copy. The first Best Buy I went to price matched it, though, after calling one and confirming that they were selling it for that price.

Thanks OP.

This is great, I hope I can find one. Although it's one of my least favorite of the Pixar movies, I still have to have it as a completionist and a huge Pixar/Disney/Animation Fan.

By the way, if you haven't seen "UP" yet in Disney Digital 3D, do yourself a favor and go and see it IMMEDIATELY. If you are reading this and it is 1:00 AM or later, then skip sleep, camp out at the local movie theater nearest you and see the first show tomorrow morning. It's awesome!

If anyone is still looking for this at their TRU be sure to check the side hanging Blu-ray racks in the Video Game department. Thats where I found mine today and saw it in the same place at another TRU later in the day when I was looking for Muggs.

[quote name='goomba478']By the way, if you haven't seen "UP" yet in Disney Digital 3D, do yourself a favor and go and see it IMMEDIATELY. If you are reading this and it is 1:00 AM or later, then skip sleep, camp out at the local movie theater nearest you and see the first show tomorrow morning. It's awesome![/QUOTE]

I have to disagree with this. While I will say it's a "must see", you should be cautious if you're taking your child. It's fairly geared towards a more mature audience for nearly the 1st half. There were a few parents in my theater that we're very unhappy with some of the moments in the movie. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie BUT keep in mind that it doesn't really get kid friendly until 1/2 way through.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I have to disagree with this. While I will say it's a "must see", you should be cautious if you're taking your child. It's fairly geared towards a more mature audience for nearly the 1st half. There were a few parents in my theater that we're very unhappy with some of the moments in the movie. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie BUT keep in mind that it doesn't really get kid friendly until 1/2 way through.[/QUOTE]

If I find a copy of A Bugs Life with movie cash I was gonna take my 7 year old cousin with me to see Up. What exactly do you mean by "It's fairly geared towards a more mature audience for nearly the 1st half"?

gameboykid14, I think blk00civicsi is referring to the fact that there are many mature themes in the beginning, but I don't think they are at all put-offish ones that would disappoint kids or anything. There were a ton of kids in the theatre and they all seemed to love the movie. I won't spoil the movie plot or events by telling specifically what happens, but they are realistic life-events that happen to everyone.

The movie is rated PG, and not G, but it still is a must-see in my book. The more adult themes will largely be over most kid's head anyhow and I think Pixar presented them masterfully. If you want to know specifically what I'm referring to you can PM me. I wouldn't want to spoil anything for other viewers of the forum :)

bread's done
Back