A bulk DS game case

dditto74

CAGiversary!
Okay. So I've been poking through these forums long enough to see many different threads pass through about cases for DS /DS Lite systems and games, but I have not been able to find anything relevant to what I need. What I'm looking for is a system to securely carry a large number of DS games in one package. After searching for relevant items on the internet, I only see game cases that carry two DS games, that carry three DS games, that carry three DS games and a GBA game, that carry nine DS games, and so forth. I have around 20 DS games, a number which will increase, and I want to be able to take only the cartridges with me to college instead of having to carry a lot of loose cases.

One idea that intrigued me was this Instructable entry detailing a project made by sewing plastic onto an old pair of jeans and able to hold a large number of cartridges.
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Case-for-Your-DS-Lite-Games/
But since I have no skill for sewing, it is not a plan that will work.

Another idea was to stop by a hobby store and see if I could find a plastic sheet or something that has several small pockets on it and could fit in a 3-ring binder. If it could fit in a 3-ring binder, I could just add more pages as my DS collection grows. I figure since a DS cartridge is about the size of a postage stamp, I could find something that already exists for stamp collectors and use it for my own purpose, but I have no idea if such a thing would work.

Does anybody have a system, homemade or otherwise, that can securely hold a large number of DS cartridges instead of having a bunch of looses pieces floating around?

(Shoeboxes are out of the question :lol: )

i agree with maigoyume i bought one of those cases and its awesome. its sturdy enough to put in a backpack or bag and not worry about your games getting wrecked and small enough that it doesnt take up space and can go into smaller pockets. i wish i could find a ds holder built the way this thing is.

The Penguin United case is quite nice, but sadly, has been out of stock (in both colors, and the CAG one) for some time. I have one but need another.

-HM

No, I'm pretty sure they're back in stock, but at a different website. I can't find it, but there was a thread posted in the deal forums a few weeks back about it. I believe they moved all of their accessories to a different site.

I love my Penguin case. Hopefully the link above works out. Now I just need to find something for all my GBA carts.

Thanks tons. I've just about filled up my current one so I ordered another. I wonder why the Penguin United guys moved the DS game binders (but not their other products) off their web page. And why it isn't clear that they did such a thing.

At least the pricing didn't change. Just hope this distributor is reputable.

-HM

I prefer to use the tins for Altoids gum - they are the right size to fit about 10 games each, and they are dirt cheap - about 1.29 or so and they come with gum!

Meh, I carry my DS games in the 4-slot DS Game cases and put it all into a ridiculous Mario mini-backpack. I picked it up for 10 bucks at FYE at one point. It currently houses -
  • 16 DS games in 4-slot DS game cases
  • My GBA SP
  • My DS Phat
  • A stray GBA game (I think it's Super Puzzle Fighter II: Turbo, since WarioWare is sitting in my GBA at all times)
  • A wall charger for both SP/DS
  • Car charger for both SP/DS
I have very little room to spare, but it all fits into this case comfortably and it travels well -- since any business related or personal trip I take these days, my DS and GBA come with me.

[quote name='noahj']Anyone actually ordered from this site and confirm they are reputable? Wanna grab a couple myself.[/QUOTE]

I ordered one and it came in about 2 days. My eyebrows were raised by the fact that my order number was something like 76. Somebody's running this thing out of a basement or something, but they made good on my order, and shipping was super-fast.

The case is embossed with "gearofgame" on the back, but you can barely see it. If they're going to put this on things, they should really get a store name that doesn't sound so much like engrish.

My order is 959. They're moving up in the world. Ordered it on the 31st, but it has not been shipped yet.

I guess I'll see if it's the same as the case I directly got from Pengiun United.com. Hopefully.

-HM

[quote name='noahj']Anyone actually ordered from this site and confirm they are reputable? Wanna grab a couple myself.[/quote]

yeah i bought mine from gear of game and like you i was worried but everythign went through ok. took some time getting here but thats to be expected since i think theyre on the west coast and im on the east. i think they ship through usps if i remember correctly but usps tracking sucks.

I got mine today and it's actually slightly different from my original one I got from penguinunited.com:

1. As already mentioned, "www.gameofgear.com" is embossed on the back.

2. The zipper is silver. The old one is black.

3. The zipper teeth and surrounding fabric is light blue. The old one is black.

4. The pages are completely different. They are frosted and they do not stick together. This material makes it easier to slide games in and out of the pockets.

No reason to not buy. None of the changes are bad (in fact, the pages are probably better) and the shipping was fast.

-HM

i went ahead and made an order myself. ordered on 1/7 and shipped out on the 9th. not bad really....looking forward to getting it the next couple days.

mine was waiting on me when i got in from vacation tonight. everything looks great. highly recommend this case and company that sells it.

A+

just a suggestion, why not change the OP and add the new site to it, make things easier for those looking for a bulk ds game case

bread's done
Back