A Couple Elder Scrolls Oblivion Questions

E

eastshore4

Hey there, I had some questions regarding Oblivion that I was hoping someone could help with:

-Regarding the whole scaling enemy levels, do they change based only by what level you currently have, or is it a variety of factors? For example, I started a new game not too long ago, and thought it might be fun to put the skills I NEVER use as my majors(speechcraft, blunt, etc) and keeping my dependants (athletics, blade, etc) as minor skills. This way, even though I am still at level 1 I will have like a 65 blade skill and can just go around kicking ass. Is this possible, or are the enemies going to scale up based on my general increase in skills?

-I've seen this asked elsewhere, but it seems hard to find an answer without an exception. I wanna build up a crew of followers, as many as possible, and preferably a lot who are unkillable. Problem is, it seems a lot of your followers only come around during certain missions, or in the case of some characters like the shivering isles guards they can only stay in certainly locations and can't venture everywhere with you. What would you suggest I do to build up the largest cache of followers(just an fyi I beat shivering isles but haven't tackled any of the quests in cyrodil so I'm basically starting fresh here)?

-I'm not necessarily looking to make a spell that kills someone in one hit, but I would love to create something that ragdolls someone a good 20 feet or so(kind of like when the gatekeeper smacks you or when you get hit with an arrow while fatigued), is this posslbe or do you need to have a ridiculous level(or mods) to make something of this calibur?

-Enemies scale based on your numerical level only.

-You need a mod to have a "staying" party, try CM Partner.

-You need a mod. There's some spell mods out there with this or something similar.

Ahh okay. I was kind of curious if they could be done without mods, but it doesn't sounds like it. I will check out those mods though, thanks

-Regarding the whole scaling enemy levels, do they change based only by what level you currently have, or is it a variety of factors? For example, I started a new game not too long ago, and thought it might be fun to put the skills I NEVER use as my majors(speechcraft, blunt, etc) and keeping my dependants (athletics, blade, etc) as minor skills. This way, even though I am still at level 1 I will have like a 65 blade skill and can just go around kicking ass. Is this possible, or are the enemies going to scale up based on my general increase in skills?

They only increase based on your level. The game can become really difficult if you put all the skills you want to max out immediately in your MAJOR skills. My character, I'm a huge fan of using alchemy, and I want to max it out to create super-powerful potions. I would keep it as a minor skill so I can max it to 100 and I won't level up 10 times, and I don't waste any attribute points.

Leveling up in Oblivion isn't necessarily a good thing.

I stumbled upon the Oblivion wiki and it turns out it's a common practice folks call "under-leveling"

Got another question if anyone can help... where the hell's the Underfykte Matron!? I found dive rock, and then I found that one guy's body(the fella who's wife got eaten) to the east of Dive Rock.. I figured the creature would've been in that area but it's not! There's some faqs saying the creature can be invisible sometimes but I've been running around for a while now and my detect life spells aren't picking it up, should I figure that it's possibly fallen down the mountain or dissapeared or something?

bread's done
Back