A couple of questions about ebay and paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

CAG Ultra Noob
1.Can you send money with an unverfied account,i'm in the process of verfying it but i purchased an item on ebay that ends tororrow(they said it will talk 3-5 days for the deposits to arrive in my account).

2.If i buy something on ebay and it ends up being a box with a pile of bricks in it,i'm a protective by paypal or ebay(i don't have a credit card but a debit card)

3.Which is the best way to deduct money to pay for purchases:the bank account or debit card?

[quote name='Mugen']1.Can you send money with an unverfied account,i'm in the process of verfying it but i purchased an item on ebay that ends tororrow(they said it will talk 3-5 days for the deposits to arrive in my account).

2.If i buy something on ebay and it ends up being a box with a pile of bricks in it,i'm a protective by paypal or ebay(i don't have a credit card but a debit card)

3.Which is the best way to deduct money to pay for purchases:the bank account or debit card?[/quote]

1) I don't think you can send money with an unverified paypal account

2) yes you are pretty much protected by paypal/ebay. They mostly side with the buyer

3) Um i would say they are about the same.

[quote name='salvamag']3) Um i would say they are about the same.[/quote]
Nooooooo! When you file a claim, Paypal will say "We are trying to recover your money". If you paid with bank account, you're screwed because the dishonest seller probably emptied his Paypal.

If you pay with credit or debit card, you can file a chargeback, and they will suck the money directly from Paypal's treasury and give it to you.

Credit card == double protection.

[quote name='Mugen']1.Can you send money with an unverfied account,i'm in the process of verfying it but i purchased an item on ebay that ends tororrow(they said it will talk 3-5 days for the deposits to arrive in my account).

3.Which is the best way to deduct money to pay for purchases:the bank account or debit card?[/quote]

1) No, you have to be verified to be able to send money. You are able to accept some payments, but you would have no way to transfer it. As for verified bank accounts, it usually took 2 business days to show up for me(before I got tired of PP). You should've thought of this before bidding, since it was your responsibility.

2) Yeah, you're protected if that happens. Just file a claim, which in a case like that would be a "not as described".

3) Use a credit card if you can. Debit & bank accounts are essentially the same thing, since banks usually doesn't give a damn about protection.

[quote name='rrrrrroger']Nooooooo! When you file a claim, Paypal will say "We are trying to recover your money". If you paid with bank account, you're screwed because the dishonest seller probably emptied his Paypal.

If you pay with credit or debit card, you can file a chargeback, and they will suck the money directly from Paypal's treasury and give it to you.

Credit card == double protection.[/quote]

Um, if a seller has a bank account or credit card attached to his Paypal, which he would have to to sell, it would be taken from his account.

If you pay with a credit card, some credit card companies do NOT do chargebacks if you are trying to recover money from Ebay. I've inquired a couple times with various cards I've had and that's the first thing they ask me.

(1) You can still send money even with an unverified account. You just use a credit card. In these cases Paypal provides no protection for the seller. [quote name='mike.m']Um, if a seller has a bank account or credit card attached to his Paypal, which he would have to to sell, it would be taken from his account. [/quote]
(2) I'm not sure what you mean, but I know from previous experience I bought a $50 game and Paypal only recovered $25 from the seller.

So then I called Discover Card and they sucked the remaining money direct from Paypal.com's treasury. In effect Paypal lost 25 dollars due to their lousy seller.
If you pay with a credit card, some credit card companies do NOT do chargebacks if you are trying to recover money from Ebay. I've inquired a couple times with various cards I've had and that's the first thing they ask me.
(3) I've never tried to recover money from Ebay; just Paypal.

I've never had a problem recovering money from Paypal in cases where the item was not delivered, or the item was returned to seller (with tracking).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back